Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I can’t believe the disrespect you guys have towards Fitz. I’m not sure there’s ever been a guy who has better hands than Fitz. He played with absolute bums at QB and when he didn’t he was elite. 

Jerry Rice

Randy Moss

Fitz. 

All time, imo. 

Just curious if you consider Kurt Warner an "absolute bum," seeing how he played with Fitz for 5 seasons. He also played 4-5 years with Carson Palmer. While he wasn't Warner, he was far from terrible. In Palmer's first three years in ARI, the Cards went 29-9. IMO, that's 10 years with a HOF QB and a guy that was a Pro Bowler in Arizona. Yes, the rest of Fitzgerald's QB's were trash. But he had 8-10 seasons with decent QB's to work with.

48 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Just curious if you consider Kurt Warner an "absolute bum," seeing how he played with Fitz for 5 seasons. He also played 4-5 years with Carson Palmer. While he wasn't Warner, he was far from terrible. In Palmer's first three years in ARI, the Cards went 29-9. IMO, that's 10 years with a HOF QB and a guy that was a Pro Bowler in Arizona. Yes, the rest of Fitzgerald's QB's were trash. But he had 8-10 seasons with decent QB's to work with.

3 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I can’t believe the disrespect you guys have towards Fitz. I’m not sure there’s ever been a guy who has better hands than Fitz. He played with absolute bums at QB and when he didn’t he was elite. 

Jerry Rice

Randy Moss

Fitz. 

All time, imo. 

I meant to mention Warner by name but eluded to him. I like Warner very much. I was never a Palmer fan.

2 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I meant to mention Warner by name but eluded to him. I like Warner very much. I was never a Palmer fan.

I don't really have a ton bad to say about Fitz, but IMO he's a little overrated.

PLAYER X: 5.3 receptions, 69.3 YFS, 0.41 TD per game
PLAYER Y: 5.5 receptions, 68.6 YFS, 0.48 TD per game

Those are the per game averages for Fitzgerald and another player. Player X is Anquan Boldin. Player Y is Fitzgerald. Both had the benefit of playing with Warner for a while . . . but like Fitz, Boldin moved on to guys equally not great at throwing the football in terms of putting up muted numbers (Flacco, Kaepernick, and Gabbert).

Fitzgerald's career has lasted longer than Boldin's did . . . but there is very little difference in their regular season per game totals. Does anyone consider Boldin an all time great receiver?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I don't really have a ton bad to say about Fitz, but IMO he's a little overrated.

Those are the per game averages for Fitzgerald and another player. Player X is Anquan Boldin. Player Y is Fitzgerald. Both had the benefit of playing with Warner for a while . . . but like Fitz, Boldin moved on to guys equally not great at throwing the football in terms of putting up muted numbers (Flacco, Kaepernick, and Gabbert).

Fitzgerald's career has lasted longer than Boldin's did . . . but there is very little difference in their regular season per game totals. Does anyone consider Boldin an all time great receiver?

I would consider and Anquan Bolden to be an almost all time great receiver. Dude was was a monster and was an important cog for a championship winning Baltimore Ravens team if I’m not mistaken. Which I could be.

Posted (edited)

so this guy is going to box Logan Paul :mellow:

Edited by tjnc09

17 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

I don’t think it’s a matter of Fitz being overrated.. It’s a matter of Boldin being underrated.

I do think Boldin is an all-time great.

• Like 2

I don't like all of this Fitz and Boldin talk.   Let's get back to the wacky world of Mr. Big Chest.

I am guessing there will be a market for him next season.  Which team(s) do you think would sign him?   I am assuming Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Las Vegas are not interested.  Probably not New Orleans either.

6 hours ago, kutta said:

I don’t think it’s a matter of Fitz being overrated.. It’s a matter of Boldin being underrated.

I do think Boldin is an all-time great.

I've prob got him in the 10 to 15 range, somewhere with guys like Steve Smith and Chris Carter, similar neighborhood to Fitz.

Highly underrated guy, HOF deserving IMO. 

In 15 playoff games he went 70/1057/8...  In 2 Super Bowls he went for 14/188/1. His regular season stats are also excellent 1,076/13,779/82. Guy was a monster. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

AB drops debut single/video

May be NSFW

Whole Lotta Money

is this real? It’s like a deranged 13 year old boy made it

Edited by Gandalf

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I've prob got him in the 10 to 15 range, somewhere with guys like Steve Smith and Chris Carter, similar neighborhood to Fitz.

Highly underrated guy, HOF deserving IMO. 

In 15 playoff games he went 70/1057/8...  In 2 Super Bowls he went for 14/188/1. His regular season stats are also excellent 1,076/13,779/82. Guy was a monster. 

Just as a FYI . . .

PFR added a HOF Monitor scoring system to try to evaluate a player's HOF credentials. (Yes, it is not a perfect tool and has some flaws.)

For WR's already inducted, the average HOF score is 98.

Of the guys you mentioned . . .

Cris Carter 110.92
Larry Fitzgerald 100.29
Steve Smith 85.36
Anquan Boldin 68.85
Antonio Brown 67.72 (since the thread is on him)

LINK

IMO, even the evaluation tool has Boldin and Fitzgerald pretty far apart . . . while their numbers really were pretty similar. Fitz has played in 48 more regular season games than Boldin. Fitzgerald had a strong season in 2017, but were the past two years worth of numbers all that great for LG (69-734-6 and 75-804-4)? It just seems like his HOF score is way higher than Boldin's is.

38 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

May be NSFW

Whole Lotta Money

Favorite Youtube quote:

Can't wait for the sequel, "I had a whole lot of money" 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

6 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

I am guessing there will be a market for him next season.  Which team(s) do you think would sign him?   I am assuming Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Las Vegas are not interested.  Probably not New Orleans either.

Sean Payton would be happy to have AB on board IF the league cleared him and the team knew he could play from Day 1. While AB is in limbo, though, the Saints won't approach him.

54 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

May be NSFW

Whole Lotta Money

we also learned from this video that he's got a whole lot of booty, and he likes white chicks.

that was horrible.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Sean Payton would be happy to have AB on board IF the league cleared him and the team knew he could play from Day 1. While AB is in limbo, though, the Saints won't approach him.

Why would any team with a solid core bring him in? The distraction, attitude, and complete lack of self-awareness would keep me from bringing him in.

He'll sign with Cleveland, it's a match made in heaven. Think about the PPV money for the fight to the death between OBJ, Landry, Baker, & AB. 

Edited by fantasycurse42

11 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Rosenhaus and some  national reports have referenced during the season  that 3 teams in particular were interested in signing him, with the holdup being the league. I think we got a good handle of two of those teams. Seattle and New Orleans so no I would not list them as being out on him. Those are reasonable places to start. I don't know the third team but speculate it was desperate for WR need Philly. With a full offseason it's possible those teams procure WR help in another way but then some teams will lose WR's so new teams other then the 3 this year should have some level of interest in him but these seem list most logical places to speculate.

I have long contended and continue to contend the only reason he could not get back this year was the league. Interest in him has understandably dwindled but teams still wanted him, if they did not think they'd be signing him only to pay while he sat on the exempt list he'd have been signed. Now next year, assuming he is in the clear to return by the league, I think he might have a hard time both finding a team that wants him that will also pay him what he thinks he's worth. He balked when Oakland took away his guarantees, but I think that's his likely new reality. Low guarantees, incentive laden and even then incentives that can't reach what someone like Julio is getting paid. Anyone with common sense knows he really has no choice to accept this kind of offer if/when it comes but he might struggle with this and blow and opportunity that comes his way.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Guy is going to the Latrell Sprewell course of money management.  He will be living under an underpass in less than 5 years.

Is Sprewell better or worse than Iverson in this regard?

Edited by matuski

I don't understand why he wasn't ever signed again?

I know it’s inappropriate to suggest mental disorders but I don’t know how you can’t see his actions and at least identify him as a megalomaniac.

On 1/7/2020 at 12:36 PM, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Guy is going to the Latrell Sprewell course of money management.  He will be living under an underpass in less than 5 years.

Sprewell actually had a connection with the haute rims stores that catered to celebrities and rappers. To own Sprewell spinners was a big thing back when.

He still went staggerigly broke.

Edited by rockaction

41 minutes ago, Iceman03 said:

Here’s more video of him screaming at the cops:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7RIn1ahwrg/?igshid=1bvwgjfryoqcp

I have so much more respect for Mike Tomlin now.  This is what he dealt with for years and kept it somewhat under control until the end. 

Brown is spiraling out of control and will end up in jail or dead. Right now the real concern is he mentally stable?  It does not appear that way.  The bizarre thing is that Brown posted this himself.   In a day or two Brown will come out with an apology video.

Edited by Da Guru

Pretty sure I heard him call a white police officer a “cracker”.  His disrespect to the officers was terrible. 
But that doesn’t compare to how sad and sickening it was to see him act like that in front of his children.  Especially towards his children’s mother.  Poor kids. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 2:09 PM, Doug B said:

I remember him being really sour on the whole Adrian Peterson thing.  Payton doesn't seem to co-exist well with "big personalities".

That said, this last loss to MIN has to be sitting deep in his craw and he knows they'd be a much better playoff team with AB in black and gold.

It stinks, because NO would be the absolute perfect fit for a one year "show me" redemption type contract where he plays the good citizen and helps 'our guys' win a ring.  That would definitely pump up Brees for another year, would free up MT from so many doubles, erase the need from the 2020 draft board.....arrrrrgggghhh but it would always be like that feeling where you're leaning back in a chair and you almost fall backward but catch yourself (until you don't) because I don't think AB has it in him to just shut up and play.

Edit: Folks from NO will get this, but the people there (and state-wide for that matter) are a REALLY forgiving bunch.  That is the land of second chances.  They might look at him a little sideways, but they'll give him a chance to show he's cleaned up his act.

Edited by Statorama
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Statorama said:

Edit: Folks from NO will get this, but the people there (and state-wide for that matter) are a REALLY forgiving bunch.  That is the land of second chances.  They might look at him a little sideways, but they'll give him a chance to show he's cleaned up his act.

Don't you need to clean up your act first?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Don't you need to clean up your act first?

Yeah, and that's the hardest part of the equation.  AB acting like an adult.

2 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I have so much more respect for Mike Tomlin now.  This is what he dealt with for years and kept it somewhat under control until the end. 

Brown is spiraling out of control and will end up in jail or dead. Right now the real concern is he mentally stable?  It does not appear that way.  The bizarre thing is that Brown posted this himself.   In a day or two Brown will come out with an apology video.

Didn't it come out that he's bipolar? Or was that unsubstantiated?

3 hours ago, Mr. Peterson said:

Pretty sure I heard him call a white police officer a “cracker”.  His disrespect to the officers was terrible. 
But that doesn’t compare to how sad and sickening it was to see him act like that in front of his children.  Especially towards his children’s mother.  Poor kids. 

AB called his baby momma a "fish head" that is an Asian slur, called the white cop a cracker, the black cop the N word, and then right in the middle of his rant out of the blue he says "Eff the NFL"

• Laughing 1

21 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

AB called his baby momma a "fish head" that is an Asian slur, called the white cop a cracker, the black cop the N word, and then right in the middle of his rant out of the blue he says "Eff the NFL"

He's a character. 

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

He's a character. 

Just because you are a character, doesn't mean you have character -  Winston Wolf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

You left out the bag of d##ks. HOW COULD YOU LEAVE OUT THE BAG OF D##KS?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

4 hours ago, Iceman03 said:

Here’s more video of him screaming at the cops:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7RIn1ahwrg/?igshid=1bvwgjfryoqcp

The entire thing is on his IG live, prob like a 30-45 mins long at least (I didn't watch the whole thing).   He actually started off fairly normal.   He's got a point, if he showed up in an uber at her place, grabbed her keys and tried taking her Bentley he would be in jail right quick.

3 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Right now the real concern is he mentally stable?  It does not appear that way.  The bizarre thing is that Brown posted this himself.   In a day or two Brown will come out with an apology video.

I always say, these "NFL player spiraling out of control" stories have three phases. First, it's funny because the guy is acting like a complete doosh. Then we get angry at him for throwing away a promising career. And then we get sad when we realize there's something seriously wrong with him. As a Lions fan, I still remember being angry at Titus Young for being such a knucklehead and deliberately running the wrong routes in games. Then it turned out he had some major mental illness issues, and the whole thing was just sad.

Not everyone goes through all three phases, and it's not always linear. Brown himself has bounced around to all three over the past year. Obviously, the rape and intimidation allegations are very serious, and I wouldn't blame anyone who got permanently stuck on anger (then again, I also wouldn't blame anyone who, whatever their other feelings, got a laugh out of the bag of d##ks).

But yeah, it's becoming increasingly clear that there's something really wrong with him. It obviously doesn't absolve him of his behavior, for which he alone is fully responsible, but it does lend a note of sadness to the whole story.

• Like 2

didn't AB tweet a taunt after the 4 teams who showed "interest" in him were out of the playoffs? (Buff, Oak, NO,....I forget who else).

Would be great to see a tweet to the effect: # of teams in Conference Championship Games who showed interest in AB = 0

• Laughing 1

29 minutes ago, joey said:

didn't AB tweet a taunt after the 4 teams who showed "interest" in him were out of the playoffs? (Buff, Oak, NO,....I forget who else).

Would be great to see a tweet to the effect: # of teams in Conference Championship Games who showed interest in AB = 0

Patriots

5 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I think what you are questioning as unstable is unfortunately more normal than I would have ever believed before all these people were handed the platform to show it off.

AB looks like so many countless other examples you see everyday.  :shrug:

1 minute ago, matuski said:

I think what you are questioning as unstable is unfortunately more normal than I would have ever believed before all these people were handed the platform to show it off.

AB looks like so many countless other examples you see everyday.  :shrug:

I just talked to my buddy who went to CMU and still live in Mt Pleasant MI and he said Brown had all kinds of problems at CMU that were swept under the rug.

3 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

I just talked to my buddy who went to CMU and still live in Mt Pleasant MI and he said Brown had all kinds of problems at CMU that were swept under the rug.

Either I terrible job of saying what I was trying to say, or you did a terrible job of understanding it.  :lol:

I'll lean the former.  I am certainly not claiming Brown is stable.... just not any less so than the idiots that come across my screen all day every day.

Edited by matuski

This is a classic text book example of what enabling can lead too.  AB's talent has lead him to be enabled by everyone around him his whole life, including his father.  It's actually far more unexpected when a person like this doesn't turn out like an entitled #######.   Nothing shocking here imo, it's exactly what one would expect.

He's mentally ill and needs professional help. If he isn't seeking it already, then God help him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dickey moe said:

He's mentally ill and needs professional help. If he isn't seeking it already, then God help him.

To seek help, he would have to first admit he has a problem. As I don't believe he thinks he has any problems whatsoever but is rather a victim in all this, I find it highly unlikely he would be seeking help.