What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (14 Viewers)

Well there you go.  I would think that Rosenhaus knows AB well enough that he can tell he's going through something serious.  IMO the NFL should contact AB directly and inform him that he will not be permitted to play until he seeks treatment.  Maybe that will get his attention and will spark him to get help.
When Rosenhaus acts it is about his interests not necessarily his clients and certainly not in service of the truth. All his lying on AB's behalf was making him look less credible than even he was comfortable with.  Still, pretty amazing how comfortable he was lying for AB and enabling his behavior.

When Rosenhaus acts it is about his interests not necessarily his clients and certainly not in service of the truth. All his lying on AB's behalf was making him look less credible than even he was comfortable with.  Still, pretty amazing how comfortable he was lying for AB and enabling his behavior.
I can't argue with this...

Makes me wonder whether someone suffering from either of the two proposed diagnosis above could have their disorder without behaving like an ### towards others.  could such a person be a kind human being to others and have their condition simply effect their mood and self perception but not their outward behavior.  
My SIL has Borderline Personality Disorder, and she is not an ### towards others. It does effect her mood and self perception at times. I can tell by her voice, demeanor, and the look in her eyes whenever she is not right. She cries a lot and has anxiety. I have never seen her in a rage. She was originally diagnosed with bipolar, but it was changed over a decade ago to BPD.

My SIL has Borderline Personality Disorder, and she is not an ### towards others. It does effect her mood and self perception at times. I can tell by her voice, demeanor, and the look in her eyes whenever she is not right. She cries a lot and has anxiety. I have never seen her in a rage. She was originally diagnosed with bipolar, but it was changed over a decade ago to BPD.
I have similar experiences and observations. 

Ditkaless Wonders said:
Makes me wonder whether someone suffering from either of the two proposed diagnosis above could have their disorder without behaving like an ### towards others.  could such a person be a kind human being to others and have their condition simply effect their mood and self perception but not their outward behavior.  Are there good folks with these ailments because the discussion here seems to want to totally excuse his behavior due to a perceived condition.  As if he is an object being acted upon rather than an actor.  
Speaking of BPD specifically, yes there are plenty of us kind people. Those who suffer from BPD typically lash out (rage) on those closest to them (spouse, parent, sibling, best friend etc...). Typically you don’t see the behavior toward co workers and casual acquaintances. That said, being a millionaire superstar athlete who is entitled probably magnifies the disorder considerably. 

Speaking of BPD specifically, yes there are plenty of us kind people. Those who suffer from BPD typically lash out (rage) on those closest to them (spouse, parent, sibling, best friend etc...). Typically you don’t see the behavior toward co workers and casual acquaintances. That said, being a millionaire superstar athlete who is entitled probably magnifies the disorder considerably. 
Agree.  I have a sister-in-law who can turn it off completely, depending on who she is around.  On multiple occasions, I have seen her do a 180 in a split second, if someone unfamiliar shows up.  I know it's not funny, but to see her go from a complete ##### to an adorable puppy in an instant can be comical.  For those who think it's cruel for me to think that way, just know she has invited us over, only to kick us out the moment we arrive.  My brother said my wife and I are the only 2 people, other than him, where she doesn't mask it.  I guess we are in her "circle of trust".

In AB's case, he may not care who he offends or alienates, or he simply can't control himself at all.  I tend to think it's the former.

On the surface the agent is saying, "I can't monetize you as you are now. If you manage to make yourself marketable, let's talk". He's really doing an intriguing job of blurring the line between appearing to care about AB and not caring one bit about AB.

Breaking: There is reportedly a large police prescribe and “active scene” in front of Antonio Brown’s house in Florida

https://twitter.com/kdka/status/1219721912299020290?s=21

Cameron Wolfe @CameronWolfe

Hollywood police are investigating Antonio Brown for possible battery at his home today source told ESPN. There is still an active scene at Brown’s home as police determine if battery charges will be brought against him. As of now he has not been arrested. Story coming shortly.

1:30 PM PT -- A police source tells TMZ Sports ... Antonio Brown has been accused of felony battery and burglary stemming from an incident with a driver who works for a moving company.

We're told cops are actively working on getting a warrant for Brown's arrest and they're trying to convince the NFL star to surrender peacefully.

Our source says a man who was with Brown at the time of the alleged altercation has already been arrested.

Link

Why we still talking AB. He is done and will never play again. Hopefully gets help before going down the Aaron Hernandez route. 
I feel the same way - both him and Kaepernick.  I've had my fill.  I just want to watch football, talk football and enjoy football.  Too much drama.

Who still has him on their rosters at this point. In redraft he won’t even be on boards. 

I do, in dynasty.  I just couldn't bring myself to drop the #1 WR from the year before, and now rosters are locked till the preseason (for adds/drops, not for trades).  I'll hold and maybe someone will trade me something for him, but at this rate I highly doubt it. 

I really do have to wonder if he is suffering from too many shots to the head over his years of playing football. If this is indeed the case I hope he can get help before it's too late. The last year or so is a clear sign to everyone else that something isn't right.

I do, in dynasty.  I just couldn't bring myself to drop the #1 WR from the year before, and now rosters are locked till the preseason (for adds/drops, not for trades).  I'll hold and maybe someone will trade me something for him, but at this rate I highly doubt it. 
yep, same here

I do, in dynasty.  I just couldn't bring myself to drop the #1 WR from the year before,
Omitting week 17 he was WR2 in 2018 in my leagues. But this after he was WR1 the 4 previous year and WR3 in 2013. 

I might be forgetting someone but over last 20 years that to me is the second most valuable 6 year run in fantasy, most valuable run for a WR and most valuable since I started playing dynasty in 2011.

This is why he has 158+ page thread, this is why he is relevant to discuss and this is absolutely why I have zero intention of cutting him or giving him away until the day comes that he's free from the NFL investigation and can't get interest from a team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omitting week 17 he was WR2 in 2018 in my leagues. But this after he was WR1 the 4 previous year and WR3 in 2013. 

I might be forgetting someone but over last 20 years that to me is the second most valuable 6 year run in fantasy, most valuable run for a WR and most valuable since I started playing dynasty in 2011.

This is why he has 158+ page thread, this is why he is relevant to discuss and this is absolutely why I have zero intention of cutting him or giving him away until the day comes that he's free from the NFL investigation and can't get interest from a team.
I don't think I would cut him until this either.  I just wonder how many of these "events" it takes for all NFL teams to pass on him.  Surely the market is shrinking on him...

Same.  I'll keep him around through the summer to see if he miraculously can get on to a team, but likely he'll be cut when I start to have to make roster decisions. 

I don't think I would cut him until this either.  I just wonder how many of these "events" it takes for all NFL teams to pass on him.  Surely the market is shrinking on him...
Agree, has to be shrinking. Even if you believe Drew Rosenhaus claim's of his interest he kept saying something like "3 teams" which is pretty small in light of his resume but I have said numerous times in this thread and will continue to say the only reason no one signed him last year was no one wanted to sign and pay him just so Roger could turn around and put him on exempt list and now you are carrying and paying a major distraction.

I also think he won't avoid a suspension to begin next year which is not how I used to feel if the sexual allegations against him were unproven but at this point conduct detrimental to the league is at minimum going to get him sitting some games next year.

But still I strongly disagree with the takes that assume he won't be playing in the NFL again. Possible yes, but I'm a long long way from assuming it like so many do.

I really do have to wonder if he is suffering from too many shots to the head over his years of playing football. If this is indeed the case I hope he can get help before it's too late. The last year or so is a clear sign to everyone else that something isn't right.
As this keeps going on, it seems more likely.  

I just happened to read about Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, and at first glance you think the guy was maybe just an #####....dig a lil deeper, and it seems like head injuries very well could've played a part in his behavior.

Forget the NFL, I wouldn't sell this guy a sandwich from a fast food joint at this point.  Completely unhinged.

Arrest warrent issued

An arrest warrant has been issued for Antonio Brown by Hollywood, Florida police on a felony charge of burglary and battery, ESPN has confirmed.

The charge relates to a Tuesday afternoon incident outside of Brown's home where a moving truck driver alleges he was assaulted by both Brown and his trainer, Glenn Holt.

Holt was arrested on a felony burglary with battery charge on Tuesday. He posted a $20,000 bond on Wednesday and he was released from Broward County Jail Wednesday night.

Police told ESPN made several attempts to contact Brown to question him about the incident but he retreated into his home and ignored their requests to speak with him.

AB, trainer allegedly battered driver, police say

Brown pelted a rock at the truck driver before the alleged battery outside of his home Tuesday, according to court documents obtained by TMZ on Wednesday.

The documents show that Brown later forced his way into the driver's side of the main cabin and began to physically strike him after a disagreement over payment escalated. He was then restrained by his associates.

Brown remained in or near his home throughout the day on Wednesday. Now police have the warrant to go in his home to arrest him if needed.

Those court documents TMZ obtained state the moving company was hired by Brown to deliver belongings the free-agent receiver had stored in California to his Hollywood home.

Brown allegedly refused to pay the $4,000 fee initially causing the driver to attempt to leave with the property still in his truck and that's when the driver said Brown threw the rock denting and causing paint damage to the driver's side of the vehicle. The driver then called police to report the damage.

Later, the documents say, the moving company told the driver to drop off the goods because Brown agreed to pay the fee plus damages he caused but upon arrival Brown paid the $4,000 fee but refused to pay more.

Another argument ensued and that's when the driver claims that Brown assaulted him and Brown's trainer, Glenn Holt, attempted to grab his keys from the ignition to open the truck and get Brown's belongings causing cuts and scratches on the driver.

Brown's home is located in a gated community in Hollywood where multiple neighbors told ESPN they have been fed up with the antics coming from the home, including multiple police encounters this month.

Sounds consistent with the allegations about refusing to pay from other vendors. Probably tried to pay with a couple signed gloves and a live rendition of Whole Lotta Money.
Yep he has/had a number of lawsuits from others alleging the same complaint:  AB doesn't like to pay for services rendered.

I agree! Given his current trajectory I think he is gonna kill himself or be killed. Somebody needs to separate him from his yes men for starts. It's very possible he has CTE or some form of brain damage.
I doubt it, AB acted crazy when he was at CMU with a ton of stuff swept under the rug.  Nothing really major but constant distractions and disruptions.  Kind of like the stuff he did with the Steelers.  Tomlin kept him grounded for as long as he could but it was getting more and more difficult.

Only difference was at CMU an older man was his mentor took him under his wing and kept him straight as he could.  That man passed away recently and since AB has gone haywire again

If only we could see matters from his perspective.  All of these people, all of these people and more, including so many he has yet to meet, have wronged him.  He's mad as hell and he is not going to take it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread