Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

Just lock this guy up, already...

You mean lock him up for your fantasy team? That seems kind of risky with all his off field issues.....oh wait.....you meant literally lock him up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do have to wonder if he is suffering from too many shots to the head over his years of playing football. If this is indeed the case I hope he can get help before it's too late. The last year or so is a clear sign to everyone else that something isn't right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matttyl said:

I do, in dynasty.  I just couldn't bring myself to drop the #1 WR from the year before, and now rosters are locked till the preseason (for adds/drops, not for trades).  I'll hold and maybe someone will trade me something for him, but at this rate I highly doubt it. 

yep, same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, matttyl said:

I do, in dynasty.  I just couldn't bring myself to drop the #1 WR from the year before,

Omitting week 17 he was WR2 in 2018 in my leagues. But this after he was WR1 the 4 previous year and WR3 in 2013. 

I might be forgetting someone but over last 20 years that to me is the second most valuable 6 year run in fantasy, most valuable run for a WR and most valuable since I started playing dynasty in 2011.

This is why he has 158+ page thread, this is why he is relevant to discuss and this is absolutely why I have zero intention of cutting him or giving him away until the day comes that he's free from the NFL investigation and can't get interest from a team.

Edited by menobrown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Omitting week 17 he was WR2 in 2018 in my leagues. But this after he was WR1 the 4 previous year and WR3 in 2013. 

I might be forgetting someone but over last 20 years that to me is the second most valuable 6 year run in fantasy, most valuable run for a WR and most valuable since I started playing dynasty in 2011.

This is why he has 158+ page thread, this is why he is relevant to discuss and this is absolutely why I have zero intention of cutting him or giving him away until the day comes that he's free from the NFL investigation and can't get interest from a team.

I don't think I would cut him until this either.  I just wonder how many of these "events" it takes for all NFL teams to pass on him.  Surely the market is shrinking on him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, matttyl said:

I do, in dynasty.  I just couldn't bring myself to drop the #1 WR from the year before, and now rosters are locked till the preseason (for adds/drops, not for trades).  I'll hold and maybe someone will trade me something for him, but at this rate I highly doubt it. 

Same.  I'll keep him around through the summer to see if he miraculously can get on to a team, but likely he'll be cut when I start to have to make roster decisions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Godsbrother said:

I don't think I would cut him until this either.  I just wonder how many of these "events" it takes for all NFL teams to pass on him.  Surely the market is shrinking on him...

Agree, has to be shrinking. Even if you believe Drew Rosenhaus claim's of his interest he kept saying something like "3 teams" which is pretty small in light of his resume but I have said numerous times in this thread and will continue to say the only reason no one signed him last year was no one wanted to sign and pay him just so Roger could turn around and put him on exempt list and now you are carrying and paying a major distraction.

I also think he won't avoid a suspension to begin next year which is not how I used to feel if the sexual allegations against him were unproven but at this point conduct detrimental to the league is at minimum going to get him sitting some games next year.

But still I strongly disagree with the takes that assume he won't be playing in the NFL again. Possible yes, but I'm a long long way from assuming it like so many do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhogs said:

I really do have to wonder if he is suffering from too many shots to the head over his years of playing football. If this is indeed the case I hope he can get help before it's too late. The last year or so is a clear sign to everyone else that something isn't right.

As this keeps going on, it seems more likely.  

 

I just happened to read about Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, and at first glance you think the guy was maybe just an #####....dig a lil deeper, and it seems like head injuries very well could've played a part in his behavior.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Enderdog said:

I wonder if Mike Mayock was the first person that ever said "no" to AB.

that would be Pittsburgh front office who let him go before Mayock got the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget the NFL, I wouldn't sell this guy a sandwich from a fast food joint at this point.  Completely unhinged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrest warrent issued

An arrest warrant has been issued for Antonio Brown by Hollywood, Florida police on a felony charge of burglary and battery, ESPN has confirmed.

The charge relates to a Tuesday afternoon incident outside of Brown's home where a moving truck driver alleges he was assaulted by both Brown and his trainer, Glenn Holt.

Holt was arrested on a felony burglary with battery charge on Tuesday. He posted a $20,000 bond on Wednesday and he was released from Broward County Jail Wednesday night.

Police told ESPN made several attempts to contact Brown to question him about the incident but he retreated into his home and ignored their requests to speak with him.

AB, trainer allegedly battered driver, police say

Brown pelted a rock at the truck driver before the alleged battery outside of his home Tuesday, according to court documents obtained by TMZ on Wednesday.

The documents show that Brown later forced his way into the driver's side of the main cabin and began to physically strike him after a disagreement over payment escalated. He was then restrained by his associates.

Brown remained in or near his home throughout the day on Wednesday. Now police have the warrant to go in his home to arrest him if needed.

Those court documents TMZ obtained state the moving company was hired by Brown to deliver belongings the free-agent receiver had stored in California to his Hollywood home.

Brown allegedly refused to pay the $4,000 fee initially causing the driver to attempt to leave with the property still in his truck and that's when the driver said Brown threw the rock denting and causing paint damage to the driver's side of the vehicle. The driver then called police to report the damage.

Later, the documents say, the moving company told the driver to drop off the goods because Brown agreed to pay the fee plus damages he caused but upon arrival Brown paid the $4,000 fee but refused to pay more.

Another argument ensued and that's when the driver claims that Brown assaulted him and Brown's trainer, Glenn Holt, attempted to grab his keys from the ignition to open the truck and get Brown's belongings causing cuts and scratches on the driver.

Brown's home is located in a gated community in Hollywood where multiple neighbors told ESPN they have been fed up with the antics coming from the home, including multiple police encounters this month.

 

Edited by Penguin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

he needs help, he is going to end up dead if he don't get it.

 

I agree! Given his current trajectory I think he is gonna kill himself or be killed. Somebody needs to separate him from his yes men for starts. It's very possible he has CTE or some form of brain damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds consistent with the allegations about refusing to pay from other vendors. Probably tried to pay with a couple signed gloves and a live rendition of Whole Lotta Money.

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

Sounds consistent with the allegations about refusing to pay from other vendors. Probably tried to pay with a couple signed gloves and a live rendition of Whole Lotta Money.

Yep he has/had a number of lawsuits from others alleging the same complaint:  AB doesn't like to pay for services rendered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mongidig said:

I agree! Given his current trajectory I think he is gonna kill himself or be killed. Somebody needs to separate him from his yes men for starts. It's very possible he has CTE or some form of brain damage.

I doubt it, AB acted crazy when he was at CMU with a ton of stuff swept under the rug.  Nothing really major but constant distractions and disruptions.  Kind of like the stuff he did with the Steelers.  Tomlin kept him grounded for as long as he could but it was getting more and more difficult.

Only difference was at CMU an older man was his mentor took him under his wing and kept him straight as he could.  That man passed away recently and since AB has gone haywire again

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gustavo Fring said:

He's going to be dead in less than a year at this rate. 

Or he’s going to kill someone.  I hope he goes to jail for his own sake (and the rest of humanity’s)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only we could see matters from his perspective.  All of these people, all of these people and more, including so many he has yet to meet, have wronged him.  He's mad as hell and he is not going to take it anymore.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Yep he has/had a number of lawsuits from others alleging the same complaint:  AB doesn't like to pay for services rendered.

But he's got a Whole Lotta Money. He says so a thousand times in the song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edgar said:

Can’t catch footballs in a straight jacket 

I think Brown would dispute that...then berate you on twitter....then drive to your house & punch you.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious somewhat non-football/AB related question. Why don't the police just go to his house and arrest him? Can people really just sit at home when police are actively trying to arrest you on a felony charge?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Serious somewhat non-football/AB related question. Why don't the police just go to his house and arrest him? Can people really just sit at home when police are actively trying to arrest you on a felony charge?

ESPN speculated that the warrant will be executed today 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

ESPN speculated that the warrant will be executed today 

:popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Serious somewhat non-football/AB related question. Why don't the police just go to his house and arrest him? Can people really just sit at home when police are actively trying to arrest you on a felony charge?

Until there was an arrest warrant no, they can't enter his house.  The shenanigans yesterday involved them wanting to question him on what happened, and a citizen can refuse that.  But the warrant gives them the right to go get him now, willing or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Until there was an arrest warrant no, they can't enter his house.  The shenanigans yesterday involved them wanting to question him on what happened, and a citizen can refuse that.  But the warrant gives them the right to go get him now, willing or not.

Yes and that is what was confusing me why he could just chill at home and tweet out links to his music video's and stuff because ESPN/Cameron Wolfe said they issued the arrest warrant last night.

Last thing  I read on ESPN was that they speculated the police were going to wait till Thursday morning to take him if he did not show up and we are now several hours past that timeframe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think things are about to go from bad to worse. He’s got himself booted from the game he loves. He’s given his babies mommas enough to take away his kids and now he’s going to get arrested. 
 

The police might be trying to talk him into turning himself in peacefully because given his behavior, if they attempt to bring him in forcibly, he may not go willingly. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Yes and that is what was confusing me why he could just chill at home and tweet out links to his music video's and stuff because ESPN/Cameron Wolfe said they issued the arrest warrant last night.

Last thing  I read on ESPN was that they speculated the police were going to wait till Thursday morning to take him if he did not show up and we are now several hours past that timeframe.

Ah ok.  I think they are trying to avoid it getting ugly.  He's not going anywhere, they are likely trying to find someone he'll reason with and surrender peacefully first. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should just wait for him to come out of the house. He's gotta be bouncing off the walls by now, he's so unstable. I see a taser in his future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I think things are about to go from bad to worse. He’s got himself booted from the game he loves. He’s given his babies mommas enough to take away his kids and now he’s going to get arrested. 
 

The police might be trying to talk him into turning himself in peacefully because given his behavior, if they attempt to bring him in forcibly, he may not go willingly. 
 

He’s not scarface, he’s not going to shoot his way out. Worst likely scenario for him is getting the in front of house perp walk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His friends need to take him to a Neurologist, NOW.  This guy is becoming a danger to himself and others. If anyone in AB's inner circle cares about him at all they would do this for him, immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I just think about his neighbors. Million dollar houses and this guy moves in and starts throwing bags of gummy bear ##### at the cops. The HOA meetings must be a riot. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Capella said:

He’s not scarface, he’s not going to shoot his way out. Worst likely scenario for him is getting the in front of house perp walk. 

I agree that that is the worst likely scenario. Hell, even Arron Hernandez went in w/o incident but I’m not so sure AB can control his emotions enough to go without causing some kind of scene. Given his impulsiveness, nothing is off the table. Talking all that #### to the cops a few weeks ago isn’t going to help him if the cops feel like he isn’t cooperating. 
 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I doubt it, AB acted crazy when he was at CMU with a ton of stuff swept under the rug.  Nothing really major but constant distractions and disruptions.  Kind of like the stuff he did with the Steelers.  Tomlin kept him grounded for as long as he could but it was getting more and more difficult.

Only difference was at CMU an older man was his mentor took him under his wing and kept him straight as he could.  That man passed away recently and since AB has gone haywire again

Sounds very similar to the Aaron Hernandez situation. He started to lose it when his father passed away. He really started to lose it after a bunch of hard hits to the head(This ended up being CTE). He also pissed away a large contract like AB. 

I think the biggest difference in AB from back then is that he has now lost so much more. He has lost millions in contracts, his wife, kid, and possibly his career. Not to mention he may be doing time. I believe this is gonna come to a climax one way or another within the next few months and maybe weeks. He may go out with "suicide by cop". I hope he just does some jail time and gets the mental help he needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Mongidig said:

He may go out with "suicide by cop". I hope he just does some jail time and gets the mental help he needs.

I texted my friend this exact thing after he sent me the article about Brown & the moving company. 

i don't hope it happens, but it seems inevitable. It’s apparent that this is escalating dangerously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mongidig said:

Sounds very similar to the Aaron Hernandez situation. He started to lose it when his father passed away. He really started to lose it after a bunch of hard hits to the head(This ended up being CTE).

Aaron Hernandez did have CTE but his bad behavior started at a young age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I agree that that is the worst likely scenario. Hell, even Arron Hernandez went in w/o incident but I’m not so sure AB can control his emotions enough to go without causing some kind of scene. Given his impulsiveness, nothing is off the table. Talking all that #### to the cops a few weeks ago isn’t going to help him if the cops feel like he isn’t cooperating. 
 

Not weeks, but days. If he could go weeks between meltdowns that would indicate great progress.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turned himself in..  was sorta hoping for a white bronco ride through town.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Free agent WR Antonio Brown was released on $100,000 bond Friday morning following his arrest Thursday night on charges of burglary with battery, burglary of an occupied conveyance and criminal mischief.

He finally turned himself in to Hollywood, FL police after an arrest warrant was issued Wednesday. The charges stem from an alleged confrontation with the driver of a tractor-trailer moving truck at Brown's home earlier this week. Brown's trainer, Glen Holt, was arrested on one count of burglary with battery and later released on $20,000 bond. Per terms of his bond agreement, the former Steeler will be subject to GPS monitoring, drug and alcohol tests, mental health evaluation and will also be required to surrender his passport and any guns in his possession. Recently dropped by mega-agent Drew Rosenhaus, the 31-year-old's life is unraveling before our eyes. At this point, we can probably stop referring to Brown as a "free agent" and begin calling him a former NFL receiver because his playing days are assuredly over.

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Jan 24, 2020, 9:23 AM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and we're supposed to feel bad for this racist sexist anti cop pig? I must've missed the press release that we were supposed to have sympathy for this clown. he doesn't have CTE he's just very immature, acts out when he doesnt get his way, has been pampered and spoiled his whole football career since grade school. clearly uneducated and didn't take classes in college.now he realizes all of his BS over the years has caught up to him - he's a 'nobody' now. he's no longer a star athlete, he's a has-been.and he can't handle the truth that no one cares about him.

doubtful he's the type to take himself out without taking a number of others along for the ride.he's a  Narcissistic thug. 

OBJ is next.yet another fruitcake brash arrogant athlete who has a grandiose sense of self.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.