Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

48 minutes ago, Capella said:

He’s not scarface, he’s not going to shoot his way out. Worst likely scenario for him is getting the in front of house perp walk. 

I agree that that is the worst likely scenario. Hell, even Arron Hernandez went in w/o incident but I’m not so sure AB can control his emotions enough to go without causing some kind of scene. Given his impulsiveness, nothing is off the table. Talking all that #### to the cops a few weeks ago isn’t going to help him if the cops feel like he isn’t cooperating. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

12 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I doubt it, AB acted crazy when he was at CMU with a ton of stuff swept under the rug.  Nothing really major but constant distractions and disruptions.  Kind of like the stuff he did with the Steelers.  Tomlin kept him grounded for as long as he could but it was getting more and more difficult.

Only difference was at CMU an older man was his mentor took him under his wing and kept him straight as he could.  That man passed away recently and since AB has gone haywire again

Sounds very similar to the Aaron Hernandez situation. He started to lose it when his father passed away. He really started to lose it after a bunch of hard hits to the head(This ended up being CTE). He also pissed away a large contract like AB. 

I think the biggest difference in AB from back then is that he has now lost so much more. He has lost millions in contracts, his wife, kid, and possibly his career. Not to mention he may be doing time. I believe this is gonna come to a climax one way or another within the next few months and maybe weeks. He may go out with "suicide by cop". I hope he just does some jail time and gets the mental help he needs.

1 hour ago, Mongidig said:

He may go out with "suicide by cop". I hope he just does some jail time and gets the mental help he needs.

I texted my friend this exact thing after he sent me the article about Brown & the moving company. 

i don't hope it happens, but it seems inevitable. It’s apparent that this is escalating dangerously. 

8 hours ago, Mongidig said:

Sounds very similar to the Aaron Hernandez situation. He started to lose it when his father passed away. He really started to lose it after a bunch of hard hits to the head(This ended up being CTE).

Aaron Hernandez did have CTE but his bad behavior started at a young age.

14 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I agree that that is the worst likely scenario. Hell, even Arron Hernandez went in w/o incident but I’m not so sure AB can control his emotions enough to go without causing some kind of scene. Given his impulsiveness, nothing is off the table. Talking all that #### to the cops a few weeks ago isn’t going to help him if the cops feel like he isn’t cooperating. 

Not weeks, but days. If he could go weeks between meltdowns that would indicate great progress.

• Like 1

Turned himself in..  was sorta hoping for a white bronco ride through town.  

Free agent WR Antonio Brown was released on $100,000 bond Friday morning following his arrest Thursday night on charges of burglary with battery, burglary of an occupied conveyance and criminal mischief.

He finally turned himself in to Hollywood, FL police after an arrest warrant was issued Wednesday. The charges stem from an alleged confrontation with the driver of a tractor-trailer moving truck at Brown's home earlier this week. Brown's trainer, Glen Holt, was arrested on one count of burglary with battery and later released on $20,000 bond. Per terms of his bond agreement, the former Steeler will be subject to GPS monitoring, drug and alcohol tests, mental health evaluation and will also be required to surrender his passport and any guns in his possession. Recently dropped by mega-agent Drew Rosenhaus, the 31-year-old's life is unraveling before our eyes. At this point, we can probably stop referring to Brown as a "free agent" and begin calling him a former NFL receiver because his playing days are assuredly over.

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Jan 24, 2020, 9:23 AM ET

and we're supposed to feel bad for this racist sexist anti cop pig? I must've missed the press release that we were supposed to have sympathy for this clown. he doesn't have CTE he's just very immature, acts out when he doesnt get his way, has been pampered and spoiled his whole football career since grade school. clearly uneducated and didn't take classes in college.now he realizes all of his BS over the years has caught up to him - he's a 'nobody' now. he's no longer a star athlete, he's a has-been.and he can't handle the truth that no one cares about him.

doubtful he's the type to take himself out without taking a number of others along for the ride.he's a  Narcissistic thug. 

OBJ is next.yet another fruitcake brash arrogant athlete who has a grandiose sense of self.  

• Like 3

AB getting out of jail

A few thoughts:

1. That ankle brace is huge, that's the best we can do with modern tech?  Did not even look like he could walk right. Could see this heavily impacting his ability to keep in shape.

2. Adjusting to that ankle brace seems a lot harder then trying to adjust to new helmet and it's hard to not think if he'd not been so foolish on the helmet he'd have at least made it to week one for the Raiders, which would have guaranteed his 2019 salary, and quite possibly not put him in the mess he's in now.

3. Judging by his clothing choice he wore to court it appears he's still getting horrible or no advice and either has no one looking out for him or just won't listen.

4. I know very little about crafting the appropriate legal defense for him but sure seems like he'd actually be better served both legally and with respect to trying to return to the NFL one day if he was diagnosed with a mental disorder and sought treatment. I might be just dead wrong on this,  his attorney's obviously don't see it the way I do as they are adamant he has no mental issues which is not how my non-law degree self would think is the right plan at the moment to say that has no bearing on his actions.

5. As many have said, if this is not the "low point" which shakes him up and makes him attempt to put his life back in order I don't know what will.  If like me you still are going to hang onto him for dynasty or in general just hate to see someone fall like this and are pulling for him can't say anything I've seen yet is giving me confidence he gets it.

2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

AB getting out of jail

A few thoughts:

1. That ankle brace is huge, that's the best we can do with modern tech?  Did not even look like he could walk right. Could see this heavily impacting his ability to keep in shape.

2. Adjusting to that ankle brace seems a lot harder then trying to adjust to new helmet and it's hard to not think if he'd not been so foolish on the helmet he'd have at least made it to week one for the Raiders, which would have guaranteed his 2019 salary, and quite possibly not put him in the mess he's in now.

3. Judging by his clothing choice he wore to court it appears he's still getting horrible or no advice and either has no one looking out for him or just won't listen.

4. I know very little about crafting the appropriate legal defense for him but sure seems like he'd actually be better served both legally and with respect to trying to return to the NFL one day if he was diagnosed with a mental disorder and sought treatment. I might be just dead wrong on this,  his attorney's obviously don't see it the way I do as they are adamant he has no mental issues which is not how my non-law degree self would think is the right plan at the moment to say that has no bearing on his actions.

5. As many have said, if this is not the "low point" which shakes him up and makes him attempt to put his life back in order I don't know what will.  If like me you still are going to hang onto him for dynasty or in general just hate to see someone fall like this and are pulling for him can't say anything I've seen yet is giving me confidence he gets it.

Nice costume, AB.

11 hours ago, menobrown said:

AB getting out of jail

A few thoughts:

He’s not playing in NFL again.  I’m sorry.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, menobrown said:

Looks like his lawyer is attempting to appeal to AB's fashion sense with his purple framed glasses.

Why are there so many odd people in FLA?

On 1/23/2020 at 10:18 PM, Mongidig said:

He may go out with "suicide by cop".

Sadly, once he realizes he will never again play in the NFL, this may be his last hurrah.  Gun in one hand, cell phone recording the incident in the other.  Reminds me of the after school specials I watched growing up.

To paraphrase Mike Ehrmantraut, Antonio Brown is a ticking time bomb.  Tick, tick, tick... And if I know AB, I would have no interest in being around for the boom. 

5 hours ago, Bossman said:

Why are there so many odd people in FLA?

maybe because that's where people go to retire, especially people from the Northeast.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:27 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I texted my friend this exact thing after he sent me the article about Brown & the moving company. 

i don't hope it happens, but it seems inevitable. It’s apparent that this is escalating dangerously. 

I've unfortunately said this about a lot of players. People and Fans love to enable behavior of certain players constantly just because they are talented. Then blame the player when they act this way. I saw so many people defending Baker Mayfield's behavior from the partying to drinking and said the way he's going if he doesn't get his head out of his ### I would be surprised to see a headline one day of him found in a ditch dead. Fortunately the dude seems to have really matured and made some changes in his life. 

This is just a very sad incident all around. I blame Brown for not getting the help he needs but I also blame the NFL and Fans for literally enabling his behavior to continue and not trying to get him help. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, menobrown said:

AB getting out of jail

A few thoughts:

Dude that ship has sailed. This was the type of enabling I just posted above this post. Fans saying he could still play if he gets the help and such. DUDE IS NEVER EVER EVER PLAYING ANOTHER DOWN IN THE NFL AND IF THE XFL LAST LONG ENOUGH I DOUBT HE PLAYS A DOWN THERE. Lets focus on encouraging this man to get some help. lets stop with the dam oh so and so needs to sign this or that player who messes up or needs help. There is no other jobs in the world but pro sports where you can get a DUI, assault law enforcement/child/GF or WIFE and still keep the job or work in the same company you did before the incident but pro sports. It's absolutely sickens me. Just think of this being your son who needs help or your daughter who was assaulted by some clown who thought he was entitled or killed or injured your child because they went out and partied and decided to drive home despite having the options to get themselves home without getting behind a wheel? 

WE NEED TO STOP with the WHOLE "MAYBE HE CAN PLAY AGAIN" mentality. This guy isn't plying again. My guess is he's either bi-polar, serve CTE, something else or a combination of them all. If I'm his lawyer I'm getting him fully worked up by a mental institute and getting him checked for other issues. If it comes back positive you use that in court and the court gives him the ultimatum of he either goes for treatment or he gets a comfy jail cell with 3 hots and a cot 

34 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Dude that ship has sailed. This was the type of enabling I just posted above this post. Fans saying he could still play if he gets the help and such. DUDE IS NEVER EVER EVER PLAYING ANOTHER DOWN IN THE NFL AND IF THE XFL LAST LONG ENOUGH I DOUBT HE PLAYS A DOWN THERE. Lets focus on encouraging this man to get some help. lets stop with the dam oh so and so needs to sign this or that player who messes up or needs help. There is no other jobs in the world but pro sports where you can get a DUI, assault law enforcement/child/GF or WIFE and still keep the job or work in the same company you did before the incident but pro sports. It's absolutely sickens me. Just think of this being your son who needs help or your daughter who was assaulted by some clown who thought he was entitled or killed or injured your child because they went out and partied and decided to drive home despite having the options to get themselves home without getting behind a wheel? 

WE NEED TO STOP with the WHOLE "MAYBE HE CAN PLAY AGAIN" mentality. This guy isn't plying again. My guess is he's either bi-polar, serve CTE, something else or a combination of them all. If I'm his lawyer I'm getting him fully worked up by a mental institute and getting him checked for other issues. If it comes back positive you use that in court and the court gives him the ultimatum of he either goes for treatment or he gets a comfy jail cell with 3 hots and a cot 

Not sure if you've never been around clinically crazy, but "on meds" and "off meds" can literally produce two different people.

I agree mission one is getting help...but proclaiming what will never happen in the future of a paper crazy individual is tricky business.

I think a major difference exists between "he will never play again"  and "he may never play again".  The former is an opinion presented like a fact. My decision making and how I treat his value is based on the latter.

Jay Glazer yesterday was asked if he thought AB would play again and his response was that it's up to AB.  That's still how I feel with one major caveat and that is should imprisonment get in the way. If he avoids imprisonment I think he can still play again but as Glazer said that's up to him.  So far I've seen no signs that AB gets it and will take the steps needed to get back in the league but again as Glazer points out he needs to hit rock bottom and as bad a yesterday was for him I don't think he is there yet but we should be getting pretty close.

5 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Not sure if you've never been around clinically crazy, but "on meds" and "off meds" can literally produce two different people.

I agree mission one is getting help...but proclaiming what will never happen in the future of a paper crazy individual is tricky business.

He already burnt to many bridges. No one is taking a chance on the guy and getting burned by it. He's in his early 30s. By the time he is remotely close to better it maybe a year or two where he'll be 33 and he probably wasn't working out. Lets be realistic here. No one is taking a chance on a 33 yrs old ex WR who hasn't played a down in 2 yrs. If he was in his early to mid 20sI'd say maybe a chance but thats if he hadn't burnt all his bridges. Also what agent will take a chance on him. When Drew Rosenhaus dumps you thats bad. 

Also I have an Uncle who's Bi-polar been off his meds for long period of times, was Sexually assaulted when he was younger by his hockey coach etc. SO yes I've had quite the experience with Clinically crazy. I have a former co worker who is also bi polar as well and a guy who's schzifrantic (SP) who I work with. SO I've been around my fair share of people 

Edited by DJackson10

14 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I think a major difference exists between "he will never play again"  and "he may never play again".  The former is an opinion presented like a fact. My decision making and how I treat his value is based on the latter.

Jay Glazer yesterday was asked if he thought AB would play again and his response was that it's up to AB.  That's still how I feel with one major caveat and that is should imprisonment get in the way. If he avoids imprisonment I think he can still play again but as Glazer said that's up to him.  So far I've seen no signs that AB gets it and will take the steps needed to get back in the league but again as Glazer points out he needs to hit rock bottom and as bad a yesterday was for him I don't think he is there yet but we should be getting pretty close.

If he's off to prison that's as close to "pretty close" as it gets.

30 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

If he's off to prison that's as close to "pretty close" as it gets.

If

i am of the impression that Antonio Brown will never play in the NFL again. 

and even a jail sentence seems like it’s not quite rock bottom. 

whether he’s been enabled, or he has mental issues, or he’s antisocial or any combination of the above, there’s only so much blame to shift. At the end of the day Antonio Brown is responsible for Antonio Brown. If it’s a mental health issue, Brown should seek help & get his life together outside of football. 

while completely different circumstances, there are some parallels to Josh Gordon. Many argued that the structure of football & being with coaches & players would lend value to Gordon’s recovery. But it didn’t. He failed drug tests & is out of football indefinitely. His sickness was too much for him to overcome, and football didn’t help.

similarly I fail to see how AB’s condition, whatever it is, will be improved from continued participation in football. Dude needs to get his head right. He’s been spiraling out of control & it feels like there may be more to come. It’s a crappy story & I can’t see how it has a happy ending. 

For some people, rock bottom can be as simple as getting their first DUI.  For AB, rock bottom may be 6 feet under.  He seems too narcissistic to admit he needs help, and he is enjoying negative attention.  Anything to stay in the spotlight.  I will eat my dogs eye boogers if AB ever plays another NFL down.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

19 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

He already burnt to many bridges. No one is taking a chance on the guy and getting burned by it. He's in his early 30s. By the time he is remotely close to better it maybe a year or two where he'll be 33 and he probably wasn't working out. Lets be realistic here. No one is taking a chance on a 33 yrs old ex WR who hasn't played a down in 2 yrs. If he was in his early to mid 20sI'd say maybe a chance but thats if he hadn't burnt all his bridges. Also what agent will take a chance on him. When Drew Rosenhaus dumps you thats bad. 

Also I have an Uncle who's Bi-polar been off his meds for long period of times, was Sexually assaulted when he was younger by his hockey coach etc. SO yes I've had quite the experience with Clinically crazy. I have a former co worker who is also bi polar as well and a guy who's schzifrantic (SP) who I work with. SO I've been around my fair share of people 

Fair enough.  Of the two variables in scarce supply, I'd say accepting accountability and remorse is a bigger hurdle than time.  If he behaves like a light switch has been turned on post therapy and apologizes to everyone and anyone 6 months from now, I could see him returning to active play and position dominance next year.  But as others have said, he's given no indication he's ready for that moment of enlightenment....i.e. its very unlikely at this point that he ever plays again, but I'm not gonna throw dirt on him and his career.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Fair enough.  Of the two variables in scarce supply, I'd say accepting accountability and remorse is a bigger hurdle than time.  If he behaves like a light switch has been turned on post therapy and apologizes to everyone and anyone 6 months from now, I could see him returning to active play and position dominance next year.  But as others have said, he's given no indication he's ready for that moment of enlightenment....i.e. its very unlikely at this point that he ever plays again, but I'm not gonna throw dirt on him and his career.

I think AB is incredible egotistical so that doesn't help him. I also think he has very bad CTE as well which was started from the Burfict cheap shot a few yrs ago. Thats around the time we got this AB as well. 

Free agent WR Antonio Brown was freed from house arrest restrictions on Tuesday.

His $110,000 bail remains in place stemming from his arrest last week on charges of burglary with battery, burglary of an occupied conveyance and criminal mischief. He must also surrender his passport and submit to a mental health evaluation (along with random drug testing) while traveling freely around the country to fulfill contractual obligations. Outside of said obligations which have already been booked, it's doubtful Brown lands further opportunity elsewhere while awaiting trial. It would not be surprising if his playing days have come and gone altogether.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jan 28, 2020, 12:10 PM ET

On 1/26/2020 at 11:15 AM, DJackson10 said:

I think AB is incredible egotistical so that doesn't help him. I also think he has very bad CTE as well which was started from the Burfict cheap shot a few yrs ago. Thats around the time we got this AB as well. 

:no:  According to some Steelers players, they were well acquainted with that AB long before the Burfict hit. His behavior just wasn't leaked to the public. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, simey said:

:no:  According to some Steelers players, they were well acquainted with that AB long before the Burfict hit. His behavior just wasn't leaked to the public. 

I can believe it. I went to NovaCare to rehab a foot issue years ago from toe walking when I was younger. It's owned by former 76ers minority owner Pat Croce. I remember talking to him and I brought up Allen Iverson and boy was there stuff he told me never leaked to the public. He said his biggest regret was enabling AI's behavior and just wish it wasn't too late to get the guy the help he needs. I work in retail at a supermarket and the company I use to work for had a store near the city that players went to frequently from McNabb, AI, John LeClair, Cunningham, Duce Stacely, Lindros, Stackhouse and AI as it was right as you got out of the city towards where ever they lived in the Philly Subs. AI would frequent the place multiple times and my one former boss to this day insisted AI was his worst customer ever. Now when I worked with this guy we had some people who'd have given him a run for his money but he still insisted AI was the worst. 76ers Security staff would be brought in before we could get the cops involved (Someone at the precent would call the 76ers after they'd call the cops and team would send Security before Cops came) and then would give the manager and such free merchandise and tickets to games. Going back to Croce he told me AI didn't miss games because of illness but because he was drunk off his ### still from the night before or too hungover or would just be getting back from a day in AC. 76ers kept a lot of the stuff he did quite as some did come out. 

SO honestly that wouldn't surprise me. My point on the CTE though was the hit could've made it worse and come out more 

None of you all know even the first thing about cte. It’s pretty ridiculous to see it constantly cited as the reason for his behavior. Especially due to a singular hit. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dramatic shift in tone from Goodell regarding AB

@CameronWolfe

·

1h

Roger Goodell said their priority in terms of Antonio Brown is his health and well-being. He mentioned they will utilize their resources to help. “We want to get him on the right track.”

@JasonLaCanfora

·

1h

Goodell says of NFL's investigation into Antonio Brown - "We want to help get him on the right track … We are confident that can happen. We want to work to do that." Says "I think we're leading the way," when it comes to sports leagues handling issues of domestic violence

@RapSheet

·

1h

On the subject of the Antonio Brown investigation, Commissioner Roger Goodell says the most important point is what’s best for Brown and his personal well-being. “We want to help get him on the right track. We want to work to do that. That’s the first step.”

8 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Dramatic shift in tone from Goodell regarding AB

@CameronWolfe

·

1h

Roger Goodell said their priority in terms of Antonio Brown is his health and well-being. He mentioned they will utilize their resources to help. “We want to get him on the right track.”

@JasonLaCanfora

·

1h

Goodell says of NFL's investigation into Antonio Brown - "We want to help get him on the right track … We are confident that can happen. We want to work to do that." Says "I think we're leading the way," when it comes to sports leagues handling issues of domestic violence

@RapSheet

·

1h

On the subject of the Antonio Brown investigation, Commissioner Roger Goodell says the most important point is what’s best for Brown and his personal well-being. “We want to help get him on the right track. We want to work to do that. That’s the first step.”

Of course Goodell is concerned. It would be in the NFLs best interest ($) if he came back and played. They certainly don’t want to blame his behavior on the time spent on the field. This is the same entity that advocates players safety by trying to expand their pocket books by adding more games.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

This is the same entity that advocates players safety by trying to expand their pocket books by adding more games.

winner winner chicken dinner.

18 hours ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

I think of the NFL like to two goons from the movie "Weekend at Bernies". If they can wheel you around and have everyone think you are okay they most certainly will as long as it puts another dollar in their pocket. 

20 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

Of course Goodell is concerned. It would be in the NFLs best interest ($) if he came back and played. They certainly don’t want to blame his behavior on the time spent on the field. This is the same entity that advocates players safety by trying to expand their pocket books by adding more games.

19 hours ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

23 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

I think of the NFL like to two goons from the movie "Weekend at Bernies". If they can wheel you around and have everyone think you are okay they most certainly will as long as it puts another dollar in their pocket. 

I dont recall any players being kidnapped and forced to play. They know the risks involved. On another note, if any team is stupid enough to sign this trainwreck,  they deserve whatever mess comes their way.

25 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

I dont recall any players being kidnapped and forced to play. They know the risks involved. On another note, if any team is stupid enough to sign this trainwreck,  they deserve whatever mess comes their way.

Bad example I suppose....it just put the picture in my mind of Goodell wheeling AB around on the field saying "look....see...everyone is fine here....play ball!" My belief is that they don't really care about the safety of the players until it hurts the brand. Of course I am not saying anything here that we all don't already know. I also don't think it really matters if they care or not. It sure would be nice if they did but unfortunately that is not how the world works. And you are absolutely correct, playing football is an individual choice. Everyone should understand the risks at this point. 

2 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

Bad example I suppose....it just put the picture in my mind of Goodell wheeling AB around on the field saying "look....see...everyone is fine here....play ball!" My belief is that they don't really care about the safety of the players until it hurts the brand. Of course I am not saying anything here that we all don't already know. I also don't think it really matters if they care or not. It sure would be nice if they did but unfortunately that is not how the world works. And you are absolutely correct, playing football is an individual choice. Everyone should understand the risks at this point. 

The world could work that way if the players union grows a set.  It makes you wonder if the players union doesn't think to itself, we've got a 10 billion dollar cash cow, and we need a more equitable share of that pie delivered as overall increased career earnings to the players...seems to me that if they could obtain alignment within the player community they could really make life uncomfortable for the owners in the next CBA negotiation...and obtain major concessions on earnings given the inherent risk to injury that the workforce faces.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 2:48 PM, Capella said:

None of you all know even the first thing about cte. It’s pretty ridiculous to see it constantly cited as the reason for his behavior. Especially due to a singular hit. 

Exactly. He's just got mental issues and always has. Put the guy on the meds that Marshall takes, and he will be back in business but he has to acknowledge it and sometimes a person can't. Tomlin hid them as best he could but it just grew over time. He was an issue before he even arrived in PIT apparently.

Could Brady play with AB again?

From the article:

Who would Brady want to bring with him? An obvious possibility would be Antonio Brown.

Even as Brown’s behavior has devolved from quirky to troubling to bizarre, Brady’s remained supportive on social media and stayed in touch with him.

It’s not a stretch to assume Brady wonders if Brown would be as bad off now if the Patriots had just stuck by him. Brown, meanwhile, has kept up his devotion to Brady since his release, reiterating it as recently as five days ago on Instagram. There are hurdles for Brown to clear, obviously. Namely, he needs to be reinstated by the NFL and he’s done little to show he’s on the road to accomplishing that.

But if the NFL is interested in showing the same benevolence with Brown they did with Josh Gordon, then maybe AB has a shot. The list of free agent wideouts and tight ends isn’t overwhelming.

13 hours ago, menobrown said:

But if the NFL is interested in showing the same benevolence with Brown they did with Josh Gordon, then maybe AB has a shot. 

Seems like apples an oranges.  Hopeless addictive personality disorder versus severe bipolar disorder.  Sad sack versus monster.

21 minutes ago, whole-show said:

"At the time, what was important for me -- winning a Super Bowl ... I just think we had a lot of things that was important to individuals, but it wasn't really important to do the big thing, which was win the Super Bowl. ... Guys on the team wasn't really willing to push to go get what was important."

AB was a great player on the field and I'm sure he wanted to win a Super Bowl - but he was all about the numbers.

42 minutes ago, Steeler said:

AB was a great player on the field and I'm sure he wanted to win a Super Bowl - but he was all about the numbers.

Yep, that and money.  I was hopeful that after the 2018 season AB, Tomlin, Ben and management would be able to sit down together, air their grievances and work things out but AB was having none of that. 

If it would have just been about getting off the team to get a new contract with guarantees I could have respected that but he was hell-bent on burning every bridge in PIttsburgh and throwing his former team, coach and teammates under the bus.   And then he doubled down and pulled the same kind of nonsense with Oakland, even after getting the guaranteed $30 million.

He got himself in this predicament by being a jerk and it is impossible for me to take any of his apologies and regrets as sincere.

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 2