Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Tom Brady wants to play with Antonio Brown.

Teams who were in contact with Brady during free agency reportedly were under the impression that this was one of Brady's requests. Brown, of course, is dealing with multiple off the field issues, including sexual misconduct and battery, and is still under investigation by the NFL. Even if Brown is cleared by the NFL, it's not a given that an owner, general manager, and head coach would all agree to give him a contract, but a wide receiver trio of Brown, Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin would be terrifying for the rest of the NFC.

RELATED: 

Tom Brady

, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 18, 2020, 9:16 AM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well Arians was part of the Steelers drafting AB.  But then they had that little Twitter battle during the melt down. I'd be surprised if Tampa Bay got him.

Edited by cloppbeast
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an absolute slap in the face to Godwin and Evans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoh said:

What an absolute slap in the face to Godwin and Evans.

How do you figure? There is plenty of room for 3 WRs to be successful on the same team. The Redskins and Rams both have 3 WRs with 1000 yards in a season, that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there have been others. IF AB can still play, why wouldn't Evans and Godwin want him to play and help them win. These guys main goal is winning a SB, not their FF stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

How do you figure? There is plenty of room for 3 WRs to be successful on the same team. The Redskins and Rams both have 3 WRs with 1000 yards in a season, that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there have been others. IF AB can still play, why wouldn't Evans and Godwin want him to play and help them win. These guys main goal is winning a SB, not their FF stats. 

He’s been with the organization for 30 seconds and is already expressing doubt in his new team. If I’m Godwin or Evans and someone comes in and states they want an absolute head case on the team, I’d have a problem with that. Yes they don’t care about FF stats but these men still have pride in the work they have done and their importance to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think Godwin and Evans respect Tom Brady? All he's done in the league? I'm guessing they do. And if Tom can tell them, I KNOW we can win with him, he'll follow my lead, I'm betting that's enough for the Bucs. 

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hoh said:

He’s been with the organization for 30 seconds and is already expressing doubt in his new team. If I’m Godwin or Evans and someone comes in and states they want an absolute head case on the team, I’d have a problem with that. Yes they don’t care about FF stats but these men still have pride in the work they have done and their importance to the team.

Bruce Arians uses 3-WR sets, on about 70% of his plays. Probably close to 80% if you take out GL sets. Perriman isn't likely coming back. I don't see it as expressing doubt, so much as adding to an already strong group. 

If Brown doesn't end up there, I think there is a very good chance the Bucs take a WR in the 1st 3 rounds, maybe even in round 1, depending how things fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they would find it odd that Brady would single out the strongest unit on the Tampa Bay team.  There are bunch of other areas Tampa needs to focus on than adding ANOTHER pro bowl caliber WR, and a cancerous one at that.  I would take it personally.  But that’s just me, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, travdogg said:

Bruce Arians uses 3-WR sets, on about 70% of his plays. Probably close to 80% if you take out GL sets. Perriman isn't likely coming back. I don't see it as expressing doubt, so much as adding to an already strong group. 

If Brown doesn't end up there, I think there is a very good chance the Bucs take a WR in the 1st 3 rounds, maybe even in round 1, depending how things fall.

I would hope they would improve their o line to protect Brady before doing that (taking a WR early) but who knows what Arians will do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ffmail4me said:

I would hope they would improve their o line to protect Brady before doing that (taking a WR early) but who knows what Arians will do 

I would agree, but in many/most mocks all the top OT prospects are gone by 14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I keep hammering home with AB it's the league keeping him from being signed, not that no one wants him.

So Brady possibly wanting him helps, but still got to get past the league hurdle.

On that note I'm wondering the impact on his status under the new CBA that will now have personal conduct reviewed by neutral arbitrator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, menobrown said:

As I keep hammering home with AB it's the league keeping him from being signed, not that no one wants him.

So Brady possibly wanting him helps, but still got to get past the league hurdle.

On that note I'm wondering the impact on his status under the new CBA that will now have personal conduct reviewed by neutral arbitrator?

Does anyone actually think AB could keep it together, keep quiet, and not be a problem over an entire season (provided the league and a team even allow that to be a possibility)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't understand why Brady would hitch his wagon to AB

AB have compromising pictures of Brady? :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Does anyone actually think AB could keep it together, keep quiet, and not be a problem over an entire season (provided the league and a team even allow that to be a possibility)?

exactly - that's why I dont get why Brady would want him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Does anyone actually think AB could keep it together, keep quiet, and not be a problem over an entire season (provided the league and a team even allow that to be a possibility)?

Yes I do because he did it for most of his career and I can't speak for Brady but sure sounds like he does as well.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, travdogg said:

Bruce Arians uses 3-WR sets, on about 70% of his plays. Probably close to 80% if you take out GL sets. Perriman isn't likely coming back. I don't see it as expressing doubt, so much as adding to an already strong group. 

If Brown doesn't end up there, I think there is a very good chance the Bucs take a WR in the 1st 3 rounds, maybe even in round 1, depending how things fall.

Maybe the Bucs draft a WR in round 3 since the WR draft class is going to provide great value after the first couple of rounds.   TB has some other larger pressing needs that need to be addressed first though.  Drafting a WR in the first round would be a dumb move for TB.  Probably stupid move in round 2 as well.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport considers the Bucs highly unlikely to sign free agent Antonio Brown.

For whatever reason, Tom Brady is still stumping for this, but not even TB12 has the power to get Brown another NFL chance. Per Rapsheet, coach Bruce Arians did not enjoy his time with Brown in Pittsburgh. The Bucs, of course, don't even need Brown with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin in the fold. This might generate chatter for a few more days, but it is not happening.

RELATED: 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 19, 2020, 2:25 PM ET

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Speaking in a Thursday radio interview, Bucs coach Bruce Arians said the team would not be signing free agent Antonio Brown. 

It's something Tom Brady has been stumping for, but it never made sense in any context. “There’s no room and probably not enough money," Arians said. "It’s just not going to happen here. It’s not a fit here.” Arians overlapped with Brown for two years in Pittsburgh and was reportedly not a fan. You can never say never in the NFL, but it would be stunning were Brown to get another chance after his past year off the field. 

RELATED: 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

SOURCE: Michael Giardi on Twitter 

Mar 26, 2020, 7:04 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Faust said:

 

 

This is a no brainer for multiple reasons and makes no sense to bring Brown on board. What would make sense is bringing in Kareem Hunt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmac37 said:

This is a no brainer for multiple reasons and makes no sense to bring Brown on board. What would make sense is bringing in Kareem Hunt.

CLE tendered Hunt at the 2nd round level. So they would have to fork over a 2nd rounder if the Browns didn’t match the contact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

CLE tendered Hunt at the 2nd round level. So they would have to fork over a 2nd rounder if the Browns didn’t match the contact. 

I know, IMO he is a top 10 RB who can do everything and RB is a position Tampa desperately needs. Yes I also know the history but getting a guaranteed proven stud compared to somewhat roll of the dice player in round 2 is worth taking the chance. Is there a chance whoever they take in round 2 at any position will be as good as Hunt, possibly but I say the odds are heavy against that happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dmac37 said:

I know, IMO he is a top 10 RB who can do everything and RB is a position Tampa desperately needs. Yes I also know the history but getting a guaranteed proven stud compared to somewhat roll of the dice player in round 2 is worth taking the chance. Is there a chance whoever they take in round 2 at any position will be as good as Hunt, possibly but I say the odds are heavy against that happening.

You can draft a better rb in the second without all the baggage and pay them less money.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

disagree 100% that a better rb will be there at 45. I fully expect the top 3 to be gone, and no one outside of those 3 comes close to Hunt. I'm not even sure if some of the top 3 are better than Hunt

I think Helaire is more suited to what Arians is looking for and I think a good chance he is available. I also don't consider this draft to have a top 3 RB's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Respectfully disagree on CEH being good, but yes he will be available at 45. 

Helaire might be there, but he looks nothing like Hunt. He looks like a human bowling ball who runs a 4.6 and is overvalued because of dynasty rookie drafts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Helaire might be there, but he looks nothing like Hunt. He looks like a human bowling ball who runs a 4.6 and is overvalued because of dynasty rookie drafts.

I don't mind disagreement at all but that's just a silly reason to think that has anything to do with the value I put on him or the value I believe NFL teams put on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I don't mind disagreement at all but that's just a silly reason to think that has anything to do with the value I put on him or the value I believe NFL teams put on him.

You'd disagree that the fantasy community can often move in lockstep, often overvaluing players at the expense of more rational football valuations? And that if everyone was down on him in the NFL and dynasty that wouldn't give you pause? Both of those are singular approaches, but novel. Yes, a guy can be overrated in fantasy circles and that can impact how people view his draft capital, etc.

Even so - and I think that last statement is true -- I never said anything about NFL valuation on him, or your belief about it. I simply said he's overrated in general as a prospect because of fantasy rookie drafts. Guy is 88th on PFF's big board. That's nice for him -- but doesn't make him a second-rounder, nor even close to 45th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You'd disagree that the fantasy community can often move in lockstep, often overvaluing players at the expense of more rational football valuations? And that if everyone was down on him in the NFL and dynasty that wouldn't give you pause? Both of those are singular approaches, but novel. Yes, a guy can be overrated in fantasy circles and that can impact how people view his draft capital, etc.

Even so - and I think that last statement is true -- I never said anything about NFL valuation on him, or your belief about it. I simply said he's overrated in general as a prospect because of fantasy rookie drafts. Guy is 88th on PFF's big board. That's nice for him -- but doesn't make him a second-rounder, nor even close to 45th.

You are all over the board here, not even sure were you are coming from to dissect each and every comment. I don't care about PFF, I don't care what fantasy people think. None of that really has anything to do with the comment you made. I mean if you say what Doc said, you think he's overrated that's all fine, I think you are both wrong as could be, but that's fine. But that's not what you said.

So let me ask two questions and  try to answer it more directly.

When trained NFL talent evaluators, ex-NFL scouts and ex-NFL GM's, not a single one of whom plays fantasy football, considers him one of the 2 or 3 best RB's in this draft what on earth does that do with dynasty rookie drafts making him overvalued?  When he does actually go in round two, which he will, you going to honestly tell me it's because of PFF or the dynasty community?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, menobrown said:

When trained NFL talent evaluators, ex-NFL scouts and ex-NFL GM's, not a single one of whom plays fantasy football, considers him one of the 2 or 3 best RB's in this draft what on earth does that do with dynasty rookie drafts making him overvalued?  When he does actually go in round two, which he will, you going to honestly tell me it's because of PFF or the dynasty community?

One, they have him out of the second.  Two, no it's not because of PFF or the dynasty community. That'll be on the talent evaluators themselves, and talent evaluators actually are, as a non-sequitur to the conversation, influenced by PFF. That's why they pay the money for the advanced stats. But that's an aside. You're having trouble enough with what I say, as evidenced by this...

2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

You are all over the board here, not even sure were you are coming from to dissect each and every comment.

I've simply stated a tautology. I simply said that because fantasy players overvalue him, that means that fantasy players overvalue him. I said, logically,, nothing else than that it's my opinion, and others' opinion, that you're overvaluing his talent and his draft slot.

You're the one being confusing here, actually. I have no idea what you're trying to say and you're passing off opinions as fact (the "he will [go]" in Round 2 is your opinion, and you're asking me to rebut it as fact) which is another cherry on top of the Helaire debacle you're perpetratin' here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

One, they have him out of the second.  Two, no it's not because of PFF or the dynasty community. That'll be on the talent evaluators themselves, and talent evaluators actually are, as a non-sequitur to the conversation, influenced by PFF. That's why they pay the money for the advanced stats. But that's an aside. You're having trouble enough with what I say, as evidenced by this...

I've simply stated a tautology. I simply said that because fantasy players overvalue him, that means that fantasy players overvalue him. I said, logically,, nothing else than that it's my opinion, and others' opinion, that you're overvaluing his talent and his draft slot.

You're the one being confusing here, actually. I have no idea what you're trying to say and you're passing off opinions as fact (the "he will [go]" in Round 2 is your opinion, and you're asking me to rebut it as fact) which is another cherry on top of the Helaire debacle you're perpetratin' here. 

 

I'm be confusing? I'm asking a simple question and you are off on some PFF tangent. Who has him out of the second? Tautology? What are you even talking about?

Yes he will go in round two. I don't like people making statements of fact as opinions but if they do I expect them to own it. I own this comment. I'm not into I told you so's but you come back here on April 24th, I will. I 100% own this comment, he's going in round 2.

My simple question to you simply can't be answered  I guess. Not all ex-scouts are in agreement, not all are so high on him, and those that are high on him could be wrong but several of them have him as the #2 RB in this draft. Saying he's overrated because of dynasty rookie drafts is one of the most absurd things I've heard on these boards in a long time and that's saying something.

:blackdot:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, menobrown said:

:blackdot:

Congratulations. You managed to take an easy statement about being overvalued by dynasty drafters and turn it into this goobledy####. Kudos to you, truly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The language filter filters out g*ok. Imagine that. Jesus.

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

disagree 100% that a better rb will be there at 45. I fully expect the top 3 to be gone, and no one outside of those 3 comes close to Hunt. I'm not even sure if some of the top 3 are better than Hunt

Pretty much no chance that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Congratulations. You managed to take an easy statement about being overvalued by dynasty drafters and turn it into this goobledy####. Kudos to you, truly. 

 

Interesting take coming from the guy whose comment I responded to initially said something that has not yet happened yet as far as I know, which is dynasty rookie drafts,  is leading him to being overvalued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I dont understand what is so hard about the concept that hes over valued because of dynasty fantasy players. 

 

He said he was overvalued because of dynasty rookie drafts, not players.  So yes it is hard for me to understand how something that has not happened  for the most part, actual dynasty rookie drafts,  is causing a player to be overrated.

But let's move one from that and focus on being overrated by dynasty football players.

Your Hakeem Butler example not only does not work but it's actually like the 100% total polar opposite and that's what I was trying to explain last night. As you pointed out Hakeem Butler was loved by the fantasy community but not so much by NFL community.

I believe CEH is the opposite of that right now and I've expanded on this before in one of these threads. He is loved way more by the actual NFL community then the fantasy community which is again the total opposite of Butler.

Now, here is the tricky part. I can't prove how high the NFL community is on him before the NFL draft anymore then someone can prove dynasty players are more down on him then they should be based on how he'll actually perform. But I can offer bits of information that are indicative, I can't make anyone believe this info or the credibility of those that provide it nor would I try to. I can just say I buy the credibility of these individuals, don't always agree with them but for various reasons these are people who have a pulse on what NFL front offices are thinking and their rankings are not based on or influenced by dynasty in any way.

Daniel Jeremiah, ex-NFL scout. First guy last year to start pumping up Jacobs as a first round guy when some in fantasy were snickering. DJ does not run a dynasty team or play fantasy football. CEH is his #2 ranked RB.

Bucky Brooks, ex-NFL scout, he has CEH as his #2 ranked RB. Bucky does not play fantasy football.

Bryan Broadhaus, ex-NFL scout and ex-GM of the Eagles. I don't know his rankings or if he will put them out this year. I don't know were he has CEH ranked. I only know that he said he liked CEH more then Taylor and believes most scouts will as well.

Ex-scouts are not all in lockstep and neither are dynasty players. Tony Pauline has CEH as his #4 RB and is way lower on him then the other 3.

I only reference those individuals as they have some degree of credibility as ex-NFL scouts, and I know at least 3 of them don't play fantasy football. I don't follow Pauline or know if he does but I don't think so.

CEH might be a bust, I'm not here to argue with anyone who says he stinks, but this is absolutely not a case of him being built up by the fantasy community.If we were really searching for a RB that is valued higher in fantasy then the people I just referenced it would be Taylor. Not one of them has him as their #1 RB and only one of them has him as their #2.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent WR Antonio Brown hired Ed Wasielewski of EMG Sports as his new agent.

EMG Sports is home to notable NFL players such as Colts RB Nyheim Hines, Dolphins OT Julién Davenport and ex-Giants LB Nate Stupar. AB continues to pop up in the news on a routine basis. Last week alone we had a cameo with Lamar Jackson as well as a legal update from his January arrest. Brown hasn't remained out of the headlines much for the better part of the last few years. We wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 6, 2020, 12:35 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve trashed this guy for 1.5+ years. I’m now buying the bottom. People think a 31 year old WR who lost his mind is done, especially with this corona ####. Go get him for free. He’s a better stash then most of the WR’s entering the league. He’s started to keep his head low. He will find a roster. Too much need, too many ego driven front offices.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iceman03 said:

I’ve trashed this guy for 1.5+ years. I’m now buying the bottom. People think a 31 year old WR who lost his mind is done, especially with this corona ####. Go get him for free. He’s a better stash then most of the WR’s entering the league. He’s started to keep his head low. He will find a roster. Too much need, too many ego driven front offices.

If I am Seattle, I am calling him up right away. It has been a great organization for guys with challenging or unusual personalities. Carroll knows how to manage a locker room and get a long well with his players. Their defense is bad, they have tried being run heavy but their rushing attack is weak right now. The one thing they have going for them that keeps them in the playoff race every year is Wilson. It's time to let him air it out 40 times a game and play KC style offense. AB at the X, DK at the Y and Locket in the slot. Find a pass catching specialist in the later rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

If I am Seattle, I am calling him up right away.

I think they'd have signed him last year if he was clear to play but almost 7 months after the initial rape allegation the league is still slow playing him and no one is going to sign him until both that investigation and now investigation into moving van/driver is done and teams know when he can play.

Not sure if we are now working under new CBA guidelines which would  put his discipline in hands of independent party and  not the judge and jury of Roger, but the sooner he gets handed down whatever punishment is coming to him the better. Never thought I'd say this  as someone who still remains invested in him, and continues to invest in him, but I'd be pretty happy if sometime really soon the league slapped him with a 6 game suspension or something. Need to get that out of the way already one way or the other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I think they'd have signed him last year if he was clear to play but almost 7 months after the initial rape allegation the league is still slow playing him and no one is going to sign him until both that investigation and now investigation into moving van/driver is done and teams know when he can play.

Not sure if we are now working under new CBA guidelines which would  put his discipline in hands of independent party and  not the judge and jury of Roger, but the sooner he gets handed down whatever punishment is coming to him the better. Never thought I'd say this  as someone who still remains invested in him, and continues to invest in him, but I'd be pretty happy if sometime really soon the league slapped him with a 6 game suspension or something. Need to get that out of the way already one way or the other.

I don't believe there is anything to compel the league to announce any pending discipline for AB. Since he is not on a roster, their argument will be they are not preventing him from signing somewhere. Then when he signs they can provide an update on any punishment ranging from another investigation is pending, a fine, a suspension, to placement on the dreaded exempt list. So the league is getting what they want indirectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

 So the league is getting what they want indirectly.

Only thing you wrote I think makes any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta think most everybody will want to see how these legal things shake out before even sniffing him....if it comes out that all charges get dropped with truck driver, “he didn’t do anything” with the women....etc.....then somebody might be willing to forego the PR backlash and take a stab.....have recently had some guys (Alton Smith, etc) allowed to come back in, so yo never say never.....but until Brown is able “clear some of these things up” to where the teams and the NFL can get an assessment of his situation moving forward, nobody is going to take that leap....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Faust said:

Way to spin numbers to prove faulty logic. AB put up those numbers despite dealing with constant double and sometime triple teams. Makes JuJu's job easy in comparison. PFN OSM doesn't even mention coverage as a footnote.  SMH

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grid71 said:

Way to spin numbers to prove faulty logic. AB put up those numbers despite dealing with constant double and sometime triple teams. Makes JuJu's job easy in comparison. PFN OSM doesn't even mention coverage as a footnote.  SMH

I don't believe those numbers either.  You're correct; defenses game-planned against AB and allowed themselves to be beat by other players (i.e. JuJu).  I also don't understand some of these "legal proceedings" against Brown.  There hasn't been any new news on the sexual misconduct allegations since last Fall.  What happened to those matters?  A moving truck driver accident where the charges were "scratches" and "throwing rocks" at the truck.  Please?  I'm not saying that AB doesn't have some screws loose upstairs but I think the NFL needs to stop playing the morality police and allow due process to take its course.  Judging players before the real courts judge them is over the top IMO.  These players don't get long to have an NFL career and shouldn't have it wasted because Goodell gets to decide wrong or right.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.