Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

10 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

If I am Seattle, I am calling him up right away.

I think they'd have signed him last year if he was clear to play but almost 7 months after the initial rape allegation the league is still slow playing him and no one is going to sign him until both that investigation and now investigation into moving van/driver is done and teams know when he can play.

Not sure if we are now working under new CBA guidelines which would  put his discipline in hands of independent party and  not the judge and jury of Roger, but the sooner he gets handed down whatever punishment is coming to him the better. Never thought I'd say this  as someone who still remains invested in him, and continues to invest in him, but I'd be pretty happy if sometime really soon the league slapped him with a 6 game suspension or something. Need to get that out of the way already one way or the other.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I think they'd have signed him last year if he was clear to play but almost 7 months after the initial rape allegation the league is still slow playing him and no one is going to sign him until both that investigation and now investigation into moving van/driver is done and teams know when he can play.

Not sure if we are now working under new CBA guidelines which would  put his discipline in hands of independent party and  not the judge and jury of Roger, but the sooner he gets handed down whatever punishment is coming to him the better. Never thought I'd say this  as someone who still remains invested in him, and continues to invest in him, but I'd be pretty happy if sometime really soon the league slapped him with a 6 game suspension or something. Need to get that out of the way already one way or the other.

I don't believe there is anything to compel the league to announce any pending discipline for AB. Since he is not on a roster, their argument will be they are not preventing him from signing somewhere. Then when he signs they can provide an update on any punishment ranging from another investigation is pending, a fine, a suspension, to placement on the dreaded exempt list. So the league is getting what they want indirectly.

7 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

So the league is getting what they want indirectly.

Only thing you wrote I think makes any sense.

3 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Carroll knows how to manage a locker room and get a long well with his players. 

So does Tomlin. 

Gotta think most everybody will want to see how these legal things shake out before even sniffing him....if it comes out that all charges get dropped with truck driver, “he didn’t do anything” with the women....etc.....then somebody might be willing to forego the PR backlash and take a stab.....have recently had some guys (Alton Smith, etc) allowed to come back in, so yo never say never.....but until Brown is able “clear some of these things up” to where the teams and the NFL can get an assessment of his situation moving forward, nobody is going to take that leap....

44 minutes ago, Faust said:

Way to spin numbers to prove faulty logic. AB put up those numbers despite dealing with constant double and sometime triple teams. Makes JuJu's job easy in comparison. PFN OSM doesn't even mention coverage as a footnote.  SMH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grid71 said:

Way to spin numbers to prove faulty logic. AB put up those numbers despite dealing with constant double and sometime triple teams. Makes JuJu's job easy in comparison. PFN OSM doesn't even mention coverage as a footnote.  SMH

I don't believe those numbers either.  You're correct; defenses game-planned against AB and allowed themselves to be beat by other players (i.e. JuJu).  I also don't understand some of these "legal proceedings" against Brown.  There hasn't been any new news on the sexual misconduct allegations since last Fall.  What happened to those matters?  A moving truck driver accident where the charges were "scratches" and "throwing rocks" at the truck.  Please?  I'm not saying that AB doesn't have some screws loose upstairs but I think the NFL needs to stop playing the morality police and allow due process to take its course.  Judging players before the real courts judge them is over the top IMO.  These players don't get long to have an NFL career and shouldn't have it wasted because Goodell gets to decide wrong or right.

• Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, Willie Mays Hayes said:

I don't believe those numbers either.  You're correct; defenses game-planned against AB and allowed themselves to be beat by other players (i.e. JuJu).  I also don't understand some of these "legal proceedings" against Brown.  There hasn't been any new news on the sexual misconduct allegations since last Fall.  What happened to those matters?  A moving truck driver accident where the charges were "scratches" and "throwing rocks" at the truck.  Please?  I'm not saying that AB doesn't have some screws loose upstairs but I think the NFL needs to stop playing the morality police and allow due process to take its course.  Judging players before the real courts judge them is over the top IMO.  These players don't get long to have an NFL career and shouldn't have it wasted because Goodell gets to decide wrong or right.

Just curious. What has Goodell done to Brown exactly? Did he suspend him? Put him on the exempt list? Is that zero game punishment so far too harsh? If AB actually gets some sort of punishment, then maybe people can complain. But for now, he hasn’t missed any time based on league discipline. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Willie Mays Hayes said:

The NFL hasn't done a thing yet.  But just because we haven't heard anything he's off the hook?  This is a terrible post.

And AB pulled the driver out of the truck and beat his ###.  There's meat to that story although cash is likely to make it melt away.

Edited by Hankmoody
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's hard for me to fathom that people actually still think the NFL is not holding up his chance to re-enter the league until they address any possible discipline from what the league has repeatedly said remains an open and on-going investigation. An investigation that has been on-going for 8-9 months.

Edited by menobrown

ESPN 710 Seattle's John Clayton reports Russell Wilson would "love" for the Seahawks to sign free agent Antonio Brown. 

Clayton reports Brown is also "close" to new Seahawks backup Geno Smith. Star quarterbacks apparently keep pounding the table to add Brown, but it remains extremely unlikely for a variety of reasons. Brown has a litany of disturbing off-the-field issues that have never been resolved with the league, while he has burned every single bridge he could over the past 18 months. 31-year-old Brown should still be playing NFL football, but he has made it close to impossible. 

SOURCE: ESPN 710 Seattle 

May 22, 2020, 4:18 PM ET

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2020 at 2:45 PM, Anarchy99 said:

Just curious. What has Goodell done to Brown exactly? Did he suspend him? Put him on the exempt list? Is that zero game punishment so far too harsh? If AB actually gets some sort of punishment, then maybe people can complain. But for now, he hasn’t missed any time based on league discipline. 

I can't feel bad for the man, he deserves whatever he gets. But Goodell and the NFL would have done Brown less damage had they just suspended him, during which time a team wouldn't have to pay him. Instead they basically announce he'll go on the exempt list after he's signed; a team would have to pay him while the investigation is concluded, after which he's possibly suspended anyhow. 

Like I said tho, I have no sympathy for him. He gets what he gets. Do you see what happens Larry?

Edited by cloppbeast