Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

I hope AB goes across the middle and gets blasted out of his cleats.   I don’t want to be injured permanently or anything but hope it is enough for him to want to stay off the field forever.  

10 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I hope AB goes across the middle and gets blasted out of his cleats.   I don’t want him to be injured permanently or anything but hope it is enough for him to want to stay off the field forever.  

Stewie: "There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her not to be alive ... anymore."

Edited by The Frankman
  • Laughing 1

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Scotty Miller are all dealing with nagging injuries and are not 100 percent healthy. 

Arians cited the receivers' health in explaining why the team signed Antonio Brown to a one-year deal. “They’re hurting,” Arians said, “they’re playing, but they’re nowhere near full speed. I think we can get better and better. ... Offensively we’ve been struggling all year with injuries. I wanna be able to make that playoff push with whoever’s available.” Arians said Godwin (hamstring) is playing at 80 percent, Evans (ankle) at 80 percent, and Miller (hip) at 85 percent. This probably doesn't explain Evans' lack of involvement in the Tampa offense when Godwin is in the lineup. Evans drafters should look to him as a flex option going forward. 

RELATED: 

Chris Godwin

, Scotty Miller

, Antonio Brown

SOURCE: NBC Sports 

Oct 27, 2020, 10:28 AM ET

1 minute ago, Faust said:

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Scotty Miller are all dealing with nagging injuries and are not 100 percent healthy. 

Arians cited the receivers' health in explaining why the team signed Antonio Brown to a one-year deal. “They’re hurting,” Arians said, “they’re playing, but they’re nowhere near full speed. I think we can get better and better. ... Offensively we’ve been struggling all year with injuries. I wanna be able to make that playoff push with whoever’s available.” Arians said Godwin (hamstring) is playing at 80 percent, Evans (ankle) at 80 percent, and Miller (hip) at 85 percent. This probably doesn't explain Evans' lack of involvement in the Tampa offense when Godwin is in the lineup. Evans drafters should look to him as a flex option going forward. 

Expect AB84 to step right into WR1 role. Putting all our "ooh, burned" feelings aside... Tom Brady loves him and probably stretched himself a bit in lobbying for Brown. It will be instant gratification just like we saw in MIA in 2019.

• Like 2

The Godwin finger injury and Arians' comments about the health of the current WRs does impact AB's immediate value.

Their bye is week 13.  I would think it gives them time to heal so the fantasy playoff weeks are muddy to me.

2 minutes ago, steelwind said:

The Godwin finger injury and Arians' comments about the health of the current WRs does impact AB's immediate value.

Their bye is week 13.  I would think it gives them time to heal so the fantasy playoff weeks are muddy to me.

It's a weird year. Whatever is going on with Evans it's severe enough to limit his explosiveness, but not bad enough to sit which makes me think this will be a season long situation unless they shut him down for a few weeks.

Poor Godwin... dude just can't go a day without getting struck by lightning.

I'd probably try to trade him off this Godwin news. 

33 minutes ago, btemp said:

Arians not telling the truth there. 

agree.  very obvious.

1 minute ago, Deamon said:

agree.  very obvious.

Probably trying to squash the whole "Brady is the QB & GM" talk.

We all know TB loves AB and brings that win at all costs mentality from NE.

• Like 1

One thing to be positive about with AB is that he's not made a single social media post since news broke he was about to sign. Nothing at all for about 3 weeks when he posted "Ain't flash a smile in a long time" on IG which was Brady immediately responded to with a "💗💯" (but has nothing to do with signing him of course).

18 minutes ago, menobrown said:

...which was Brady immediately responded to with a "💗💯"

Cool. So no eggplant, correct?

• Laughing 2

33 minutes ago, menobrown said:

One thing to be positive about with AB is that he's not made a single social media post since news broke he was about to sign. Nothing at all for about 3 weeks when he posted "Ain't flash a smile in a long time" on IG which was Brady immediately responded to with a "💗💯" (but has nothing to do with signing him of course)

Man, that grammar is horrible. We all know it's "Ain't flash NO smile in a long time"

• Laughing 2

Okay Dodds very funny why do you have AB projected this week for 4 rec 46 yards .4 chance to score this week?

• Laughing 1

He’s had a taste of the humble pie. I believe his friendship with TB12 is real and will actively do everything in his power to help keep AB’s head in the game and on the straight and narrow. He has most likely been told this is his last chance. TB12 sticking his neck out for him speaks volumes. The risk is most definitely worth the reward here. I believe with much confidence that they will hit the ground running

Edited by Teezee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, btemp said:

Arians not telling the truth there. 

He's also a hypocrite given how much he's Championed women in the NFL. This Is not a move someone like that does. 

• Like 2

I bought for a 3rd next year in a best ball dynasty. I think he's worth the risk. And as crazy as AB has been, he HAS to know this is it. If he really wants to play this game and make his money, he shuts the fudge up and lets the GOAT lead and direct him. 

40 minutes ago, djjosee said:

Ummmm... am I reading this projection correctly 🤩, they got Antonio Brown as the WR #2 for the ROS. It really wouldn't surprise me. His contract is incentive laden. Tom Brady to Antonio Brown could be HUGE.

3 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Seem a little off. So, I should be trying to trade D. Hopkins for D. Slayton? 🤔

Brown being WR2 overall, isn't even among the 10 least likely things on that list.

Nelson Agholor is WR5. Hopkins, Julio, and Metcalf are all outside the top-20. No Bengals WR in the top-35(they could have 3) Johnson/Claypool both outside the top-50. Tyrell Williams is WR30(is he even going to play this season?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

Ummmm... am I reading this projection correctly 🤩, they got Antonio Brown as the WR #2 for the ROS. It really wouldn't surprise me. His contract is incentive laden. Tom Brady to Antonio Brown could be HUGE.

Fantasy Sharks is and always has been by FAR the worst fantasy site out there.  I really hope you don't use them often.

And ya, Brown is #2 there and DK Metcalf is #25.  It's just a garbage site.

• Laughing 1

22 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Fantasy Sharks is and always has been by FAR the worst fantasy site out there.  I really hope you don't use them often.

And ya, Brown is #2 there and DK Metcalf is #25.  It's just a garbage site.

Promoting A Brown in a trade. Allen and A Brown for Mahomes. Otherwise, I'll plug in AB into the Flex or WR #3 slot next week. Hoping for top 15 WR ROS.

Bucs coach Bruce Arians said WR Antonio Brown will be "ready to go" for Week 9 against the Saints.

Arians adds that Brown "looks fantastic" and is already participating in meetings and strength work. The Bucs are considered one of the top teams in the NFL through seven weeks of the season, but adding a volatile ingredient like Brown to a currently well-designed recipe will either hurt the final product or act as the missing piece, helping it reach its best form. Chris Godwin has been ruled out for Week 8 with a broken finger, so if his Week 9 status is in doubt Brown could be instantly in line for a significant role.

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

Oct 28, 2020, 6:51 PM ET

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Yet they have Brady as the QB13. Doesn't add up.

These rankings are out there!  This is ROS?  Nelson Agholor????

He is living at Bradys house again learning the playbook. Really would not be surprised if he ends this year as a low end WR1

• Like 1

I'm glad Antonio has finally gotten the babysitter he's always needed.  He's 32, but it's never too late to get someone who can supervise you like you were 8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RC94 said:

I'm glad Antonio has finally gotten the babysitter he's always needed.  He's 32, but it's never too late to get someone who can supervise you like you were 8.

It's doubtful that Brown (or anyone outside of NE) has ever been around someone as disciplined and intentional as Brady on and off the football field. If AB can't make it with Brady breathing down his neck, he is done for sure. It does make me wonder what his life was like growing up. Did he have anyone telling him NO, teaching him to be disciplined, etc.? Or was he just given a pass because he was just so good?

This is definitely how you make the Bucs other receivers feel valued.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scooby1974 said:

It's doubtful that Brown (or anyone outside of NE) has ever been around someone as disciplined and intentional as Brady on and off the football field. If AB can't make it with Brady breathing down his neck, he is done for sure. It does make me wonder what his life was like growing up. Did he have anyone telling him NO, teaching him to be disciplined, etc.? Or was he just given a pass because he was just so good?

My hypothetical guess is he grew an ego. He came into the league as a 6th round pick. Didn't start the 1st 2 years on Pittsburg but soon became a star so he probably started humble. He than went on a crazy run which had a hall of fame projection. He was the unquestioned best WR in the league for a while, got a madden cover, and got paid a TON. All of this just built his ego up. Wouldn't be surprised if close friends/family helped build it up as well.

this is just my best guess as I don't see a 6th rounder coming into the league as a rookie with the antics he is now showing and actually staying in the league past a few years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RealReactions said:

My hypothetical guess is he grew an ego. He came into the league as a 6th round pick. Didn't start the 1st 2 years on Pittsburg but soon became a star so he probably started humble. He than went on a crazy run which had a hall of fame projection. He was the unquestioned best WR in the league for a while, got a madden cover, and got paid a TON. All of this just built his ego up. Wouldn't be surprised if close friends/family helped build it up as well.

this is just my best guess as I don't see a 6th rounder coming into the league as a rookie with the antics he is now showing and actually staying in the league past a few years.

A good point. I picked him up in my dynasty football league when another owner gave up on him. He proceeded to BLOW UP the next week or so and we had a great run. I had somewhat forgotten about his more humble beginnings.

17 minutes ago, RealReactions said:

At some point these "chip on their shoulder" guys need to reset and refocus in order to sustain their success. It sounds pretty stupid when someone with a big contract, a Madden cover, monster stats and who is pretty universally thought of as "the best" is still angry about how disrespected they are and how no one believes in them etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, habsfan said:

At some point these "chip on their shoulder" guys need to reset and refocus in order to sustain their success. It sounds pretty stupid when someone with a big contract, a Madden cover, monster stats and who is pretty universally thought of as "the best" is still angry about how disrespected they are and how no one believes in them etc.

Steve Smith carried that with him his whole career. Only now, in retirement, does he seem pretty chill.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

Steve Smith carried that with him his whole career. Only now, in retirement, does he seem pretty chill.

They are NFL players. They are all maniacs of some sort.

2 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Lost Golladay so might have to play AB in week 9 and I don't want to.  I hate 2020!

After starting 5-0 and dropping the last three I CANT WAIT to start him next week. 

/BartScott

4 hours ago, Scooby1974 said:

I recall reading that Brown had an awful childhood, poor, and possibly homeless at one point as a teenager.  I believe he had a father figure assistant coach from CMU that had stayed involved with him until he passed away in 2018 I think, which kinda coincided with him going off the deep end.  I believe he arrived at CMU with all of his possessions in a single bag, flat broke, and on his last chance, and that guy took him under his wing.  Again, this is all from memory, but I believe Brown has had a troubled life going back a long time.

This is not to excuse anything he has done, he's been an absolute bastard of late, and should be held accountable.  Just adding what I recall reading to give some context to his behavior.

51 minutes ago, Mene said:

I recall reading that Brown had an awful childhood, poor, and possibly homeless at one point as a teenager.  I believe he had a father figure assistant coach from CMU that had stayed involved with him until he passed away in 2018 I think, which kinda coincided with him going off the deep end.  I believe he arrived at CMU with all of his possessions in a single bag, flat broke, and on his last chance, and that guy took him under his wing.  Again, this is all from memory, but I believe Brown has had a troubled life going back a long time.

This is not to excuse anything he has done, he's been an absolute bastard of late, and should be held accountable.  Just adding what I recall reading to give some context to his behavior.

Thanks, Mene. Our formative years are so very important, and when things are shattered in us as kids and we never take the time to get them mended through counseling, they are very likely to continue to drive us. I agree that Brown has been a fool of late and that he should be held accountable for his sake and for the sake of others. But my heart does go out to him on a deeper level, even at age 32, he very likely needs the stability and mentor ship Brady can offer. It might sound dumb, but perhaps Brady really does see this as a chance to invest in AB's life even beyond the contribution AB could make on a field. I say good on Tom for making this investment in his friend. I sure hope the story has a happy ending................and quite a few long bombs for TD's, because my WR's have been a wreck. haha

Interesting page, fellas.

I think Brown balls out and his, Evans's, and Godwin's fantasy values all take hits because of each other. I don't see Tampa Bay running an extra twelve plays per game to make everybody happy. It's really a fixed pie constrained by time, unless they go to a fast break, no huddle type of deal.

Just now, Mystery Achiever said:

It's like when a kid keeps asking for a dog and finally wears down the parents  "Okay, but only if you promise to do all of the work to take care of him".

And we know how that always winds up in good families. Parents fall in love with dog, kid does no work regarding said pet, but said pet is still special and his.

I don't understand why Brady is putting all this investment and time into AB.

He doesn't need AB to win another superbowl.

Edited by steelwind

18 minutes ago, steelwind said:

I don't understand why Brady is putting all this investment and time into AB.

He doesn't need AB to win another superbowl.

Maybe he thinks he does?