What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (11 Viewers)

Got him fired up alongside Diontae (slowly approaching the definition of insanity here) and Cooks and in the flex over Claypool. Mainly for the ride. Once I read he was living with TB he was planted in the starting lineup. Sunday night showtime.

Got him fired up alongside Diontae (slowly approaching the definition of insanity here) and Cooks and in the flex over Claypool. Mainly for the ride. Once I read he was living with TB he was planted in the starting lineup. Sunday night showtime.
I feel the same, but can't find a spot for him over Lockett, McLaurin, and MT.  If MT sits out again, A) I may set fire to my computer, but B) I may start AB over DJM.

This feels like the L. Bell situation the week he joined KC.

That didn't work out well.

Not saying it's exactly the same, but just like with Bell, nobody really knows what the hell is going to happen.
Huge difference: Chiefs weren't in need at his position. CEH had been arguably great as their lead back, regardless of his issues in the RZ. Chiefs were a complete team already who saw an opportunity to add some extra talent while also blocking other teams from doing so. 

Conversely, the Bucs have not looked good when their receivers aren't healthy. Evans doesn't look 100% to me. Godwin obviously isn't. Their other options have not found chemistry with Brady. And their run-game isn't always clicking. 

They actually desperately need AB. If he's even 75% of what he once was, he'll be the best player on their team and Brady will look to him on every single play. 

Conversely, the Bucs have not looked good when their receivers aren't healthy. Evans doesn't look 100% to me. Godwin obviously isn't. Their other options have not found chemistry with Brady. And their run-game isn't always clicking. 

They actually desperately need AB. If he's even 75% of what he once was, he'll be the best player on their team and Brady will look to him on every single play. 
Evans looked perfectly fine. Watched every single route. 

They still have Miller. Gronk is moving better and better.

I'll give you Godwin being banged up, but otherwise, this seems like an icing on the cake move vs. a team desperately in need of pass catchers.

Evans looked perfectly fine. Watched every single route. 

They still have Miller. Gronk is moving better and better.

I'll give you Godwin being banged up, but otherwise, this seems like an icing on the cake move vs. a team desperately in need of pass catchers.
Brady was visibly frustrated with his receivers against the Giants. They struggled to get much going in that game and ultimately won because Daniel Jones is a turnover machine. 

There is no way the Bucs feel okay with their receiving corps sans AB. 

Brady was visibly frustrated with his receivers against the Giants. They struggled to get much going in that game and ultimately won because Daniel Jones is a turnover machine. 

There is no way the Bucs feel okay with their receiving corps sans AB. 
Imagine how Cam Newton feels...

...and how frustrated Brady would feel if he was throwing to I. Ford, N. Harry, and D. Byrd (and no TE).

Still think AB is a luxury.

Imagine how Cam Newton feels...

...and how frustrated Brady would feel if he was throwing to I. Ford, N. Harry, and D. Byrd (and no TE).

Still think AB is a luxury.
He's obviously a luxury. He would be a luxury on any team in the league. I think the question is, however, whether he is a luxury to have as your top-weapon or a luxury to have in addition to your top weapons.

I think this scenario is closer to the former than the latter. 

Source: The Athletic - Greg Auman

Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown will have an offensive package worked into the game plan for him in Week 9 against the New Orleans Saints, but head coach Bruce Arians suggested Brown's involvement could be as little as 10 plays.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

The Buccaneers are reportedly going to have a package of plays for Brown. His success within that package will determine his playing time in Week 9. Fantasy GMs should look at Brown as a WR4/deep flex play.

**** well, maybe not this week ****
I posted this in another thread but Ariens quote was intentionally vague - "He could play 10.  He could play 35".  How somebody reports that as "as little as 10 plays" kills me.

I posted this in another thread but Ariens quote was intentionally vague - "He could play 10.  He could play 35".  How somebody reports that as "as little as 10 plays" kills me.
Seriously. I read that full quote as it was first reported and then have seen the “as little as 10 plays” a lot since. It sounds like whoever is interpreting it as that missed their chance to claim him or is facing him this week. 😅

I know a lot of people are waiting for him to blow up but if you are invested in AB or just rooting for him I'd think you got to be pretty happy with how he's conducting himself the last few months but specifically since he was signed. No social media posts since the signing is a huge difference. If the way he conducted himself in his Zoom call with the media yesterday was conveyed in a written social media post no one would think AB wrote it. He was great, everything you'd want to hear and see from him. Might even make me a Tony Robbins believer, lol. Seriously though he seems to be in a great place mentally and physically.

I am playing AB over J. Jefferson in one league.

I am playing AB over D. Johnson in another. 

I am playing him like he's an upside WR #1. 

I've got to think we will hear some info prior to the game on his playing time expectations. That said, in such a big game against NO, I'd think he plays enough snaps to make him a WR3/flex play at minimum.

Right now, leaning towards starting over M. Evans (who has Lattimore in his face).

Any rumblings pre game on how much he's' going to play?

Debating AB or Evans. Have a lead. Looking for safe points.

I don't know how anyone would have confidence in starting Evans.....just with Godwin active. Let alone AB now active to take away targets (granted he probably snags snaps from Miller/etc......AB at 50% is better than that group).

I've seen it posted elsewhere, but in the 4 games Godwin's been in the lineup, Evans' #s:

1-2-1 (4 targets)

2-2-2 (4 targets)

1-10-0 (2 targets)

2-37-0 (2 targets)

That's pretty nice sample size there. Obviously the TD upside is present, but man 51 receiving yards in 4 games with all of 12 targets is rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how anyone would have confidence in starting Evans.....just with Godwin active. Let alone AB now active to take away targets (granted he probably snags snaps from Miller/etc......AB at 50% is better than that group).

I've seen it posted elsewhere, but in the 4 games Godwin's been in the lineup, Evans' #s:

1-2-1 (4 targets)

2-2-2 (4 targets)

1-10-0 (2 targets)

2-37-0 (2 targets)

That's pretty nice sample size there. Obviously the TD upside is present, but man 51 receiving yards in 4 games with all of 12 targets is rough.
Yeah the data is undeniable.

Could see Evans playing a full compliment of snaps and getting shutout. 

Leaning AB over Evans unless there was some sideline reporting indicating he's playing very little.

I’m playing Godwin over him. I’m struggling with it with Godwin’s injury, but going with it for this week.

He has, and was targeted deep and under thrown by Brady. The issue is that TB has gone three and out every possession (or turned the ball over).
Yup. If Brady had been able to throw the ball far enough to hit Brown in stride, that would have been a TD to Brown.

Antonio Brown caught 3-of-5 targets for 31 yards in Week 9 against the Saints.

Brown played 39-of-50 snaps (78 percent) in his Bucs debut. Even in his first game on a loaded depth chart, Tom Brady made a point to get him involved. Brown's role should continue to grow as he gets acclimated from missing the last eight weeks. He's an upside WR4 for Week 10 against the Panthers.

Nov 8, 2020, 11:44 PM ET

Antonio Brown caught 7-of-8 targets for 69 yards in Week 10 against the Panthers.

All four of the Bucs' pass catchers had big days, but this was a step in the right direction for Brown in terms of establishing a role in the team's passing game. Brown's day could have been even better, as Tom Brady missed him on a deep crossing route, throwing it five yards too deep over the middle of the field instead of leading Brown to the right side. Consider AB a FLEX option in Week 11 against the Rams.

- Rotoworld

Antonio Brown was accused last month by the community in which he lives of destroying a security camera and throwing a bicycle at a security guard on Oct. 15, the Miami Herald reported Monday, citing a police report.

The Hollywood (Florida) Police decided they had probable cause to charge Brown with criminal mischief, a misdemeanor, but the president of the Hollywood Oaks homeowners association declined to press charges, the Herald reported. According to the report, the president, Sylvia Berman, told police she feared Brown "may retaliate against her employees."

Link

Bucs issue statement on AB incident

“We are aware of the reported incident involving Antonio Brown prior to his signing,” the Buccaneers said in a statement issued to PFT. “When Antonio joined us, we were clear about what we expected and required of him. Thus far, he has met all the expectations we have in place.”

Link

Bucs statement saying "prior to his signing" was good to hear if you are invested in AB, this seems minor, no charges file and he took care of the situation.

But I'd still be a little worried, I know I am, because the NFL already saying they did not know about this prior to reinstating him and it's also a possible parole violation.

Bucs statement saying "prior to his signing" was good to hear if you are invested in AB, this seems minor, no charges file and he took care of the situation.

But I'd still be a little worried, I know I am, because the NFL already saying they did not know about this prior to reinstating him and it's also a possible parole violation.
Also a pretty good indication that he doesn’t have his issues under control. If he’s living with Brady, maybe he’s able to control himself, but I would say this doesn’t bode well for him.

It bodes terribly for him because the eyes of the NFL will be on him even more. This guy seemingly can't help himself, and that statement by his spokeswoman... OOF.

Okay so maybe it's just the middle class in me talking but why the heck is he living somewhere with a HOA?  He can't buy a house without neighbors knowing how must scrutiny he's under?

Users who are viewing this thread