What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (4 Viewers)

All I can say is just hold on. When Ben returns, Antonio will come back with a vengeance. Great buy low if you can trade for him now.

Nobody's trading Brown for Calvin or anything similar. Anyone who owns Brown has enough sense to know what they have and it is highly unlikely that in week 6 and 7, any team is so DESPERATE that they can't live with 8-12 points for two more weeks, especially knowing that once Ben returns, Brown is the steadiest thing in the game.

Even if a good team was 0-5 without Brown and thinking they have to have every single week to make the playoffs, they are probably also thinking that Brown is their only shot and that Brown could conceivably still have a nice game without Ben. It's basically the thought process of a guy sitting there saying "Hmm..I'm 0-5 and can't afford to lose anymore. What makes my team better? I got it. I'll trade away a top 3 player in the league for cents on the dollar."

If you're sniffing owners for Brown in redraft you're wasting time. If you're sniffing owners for Brown in dynasty, you need a job and a significant other. If you DO by some chance get somebody to buy the reasoning being tossed around in here all day, you need a better league.
yeah pretty much agree entirely with the above. Drafted Brown high across the board this year, a lot of #1 overall in PPR Redrafts, and just can't sell. Looking at 6 to 8 more regular season weeks, wouldn't sell on a team that started 2-3/3-2.

Big Ben......come back....please....otherwise yeah.....to bench he goes next week.

Can't take this garbage anymore. I am blown away how bad Vick is. This is horrendous.

Vick is the worst backup QB in the league. Actually he may be the worst #3 QB on any team.
your brown-ownership bias is shining. He's a pretty average backup.
I don't know how bad the other backup QBs in the NFL are but Vick can't throw with any accuracy, read defenses or elude tacklers. Other than that, he's pretty good. No in all seriousness, I've watched every snap of his this year and he's atrocious. This isn't the same Vick that played for your Eagles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vick is the worst backup QB in the league. Actually he may be the worst #3 QB on any team.
I don't know how bad the other backup QBs in the NFL are but Vick can't throw with any accuracy, read defenses or elude tacklers. Other than that, he's pretty good. No in all seriousness, I've watched every snap of his this year and he's atrocious. This isn't the same Vick that played for your Eagles.
64% completion percentage, and 86 passer rating. Look I dont think Vick is very good, but he is not the worst backup in the entire NFL.

64% completion percentage, and 86 passer rating. Look I dont think Vick is very good, but he is not the worst backup in the entire NFL.
I did give a #### what those numbers say......watch him play.

Pure steaming pile of ####.

I did give a #### what those numbers say......watch him play.

Pure steaming pile of ####.
he lead his team to a win vs the chargers. Saying he is the worst 3rd qb in the league is an exaggeration.

May not matter anymore anyways as seems like he's done for the day and maybe for a while

3/7 6 yards in a half of football :shrug:

I did give a #### what those numbers say......watch him play.Pure steaming pile of ####.
he lead his team to a win vs the chargers. Saying he is the worst 3rd qb in the league is an exaggeration. May not matter anymore anyways as seems like he's done for the day and maybe for a while
Sadly I think he may be done forever. Pretty good career but not sure where he will get another opportunity. He just looks done. He was in a great position with Pittsburgh with so many playmakers and he just couldn't get it done.

If you watch the games, this doesn't tell the story at all. In the past 2 games, he's had 5 easy interceptions dropped. He's missed wide open receivers countless times. He's been lucky but far from good (or even average)

I like that Landry Jones got some confidence in him.

He was bad bad bad and almost cut previous years and then was far improved this summer.

He can sling it. If you saw him in college, you know he can throw it.

As announcers said, he allows them to open up the playbook.

I'll be dipping a toe in the Antonio Brown waters for DFS again next week, not committing til Ben is back.

Certainly intrigued

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-2015-preview-regular-season-news-updates-roster-depth-chart-salary-cap-tickets-arizona-cardinals-how-to-watch/2015/10/19/9565495/steelers-final-score-podcast-landry-jones-causes-pittsburgh-fans-to

Last edited by a moderator:
If you watch the games, this doesn't tell the story at all. In the past 2 games, he's had 5 easy interceptions dropped. He's missed wide open receivers countless times. He's been lucky but far from good (or even average)
He's so bad he explains why the Jets stunk last year and Geno plays like he does. It's not so dissimilar

So I have Bryant and Brown. Was a biscuit away from putting Bryant over Brown simply for the fact that Vick tends to over throw guys and thus taller WR's do better. I decided against it at the last minute because of the stuff Brown was saying (just get me the ball and I'll make plays), but I didn't and now I completely realize that it's not a matter of Vick preferring Bryant over Brown. It's simply a matter of Vick being unable to get the ball to the shorter Brown. He's incapable of that. Until Ben comes back, it's Bryant all day, every day.

So I have Bryant and Brown. Was a biscuit away from putting Bryant over Brown simply for the fact that Vick tends to over throw guys and thus taller WR's do better. I decided against it at the last minute because of the stuff Brown was saying (just get me the ball and I'll make plays), but I didn't and now I completely realize that it's not a matter of Vick preferring Bryant over Brown. It's simply a matter of Vick being unable to get the ball to the shorter Brown. He's incapable of that. Until Ben comes back, it's Bryant all day, every day.
The thing I see here is Jones showed an ability to at least get the ball to Brown so if he starts next week (and he should since Vick stinks and Ben is considered a long shot to play) do you even try Brown at this point? Unbelievable how far the No. 1 pick in many drafts has fallen through no fault of his own.

The thing I see here is Jones showed an ability to at least get the ball to Brown so if he starts next week (and he should since Vick stinks and Ben is considered a long shot to play) do you even try Brown at this point? Unbelievable how far the No. 1 pick in many drafts has fallen through no fault of his own.
So what's the status of Vick next week? If Jones is in there, that changes my approach considerably...

So what's the status of Vick next week? If Jones is in there, that changes my approach considerably...
I can't think of a single good reason why Vick would start next week even if he's healthy. He's been terrible. Jones at least showed an ability to make some NFL throws yesterday.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/10/25/Key-Matchup-CB-Marcus-Peters-vs-WR-Antonio-Brown/stories/201510250151

Maybe Brown will post some better numbers with Jones under center.

From the above linked article:

After catching 29 passes for 436 yards in the first three games with Roethlisberger at quarterback, Brown has not enjoyed the same type of production with Mike Vick or Landry Jones.

"...has 11 catches for 111 yards in the past three games, numbers that typically resemble a one-game total for Brown. It is the fewest amount of catches he has had in a three-game stretch since the 2011 season, his second in the NFL, when he had just 10 catches in weeks 6-8. But he had 141 receiving yards in those games. It is the fewest receiving yards Brown has had in a three-game stretch since weeks 5-7 of the 2011 season when he had 106 yards.

He is hoping that will change with Jones, just as he is certain it will definitely change when Roethlisberger returns. On his 23-yard catch against the Arizona Cardinals, Brown said the play was originally a run that Jones audibled into a pass when he saw Brown in single coverage.

"I feel a great rhythm with Landry Jones," Brown said. "He studied Ben so much and been in meetings with Ben, he's seeing some of the things Ben does. He has definitely rubbed off on Landry." "

We get Brown back today....not Big Ben Brown...but we get a productive day. Then next week our stud returns with Big Ben.

Users who are viewing this thread