What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (6 Viewers)

Maybe he'll throw us a bone and go for like 35 PPR points this week for old time's sake and to reward our loyalty.

On the bright side the Michael Vick thing is over. Landry will find Brown.

But it sucks. Big Ben may be done.

Damn sprained foot is tough on a big guy like him (or anyone for that matter). Hopefully a mild one...2-3 weeks max...please!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Flipper Anderson 336 Los Angeles Rams vs. New Orleans Saints, November 26, 1989

2. Calvin Johnson 329 Detroit Lions vs. Dallas Cowboys, October 27, 2013
3. Stephone Paige 309 Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Diego Chargers, December 22, 1985
4. Jim Benton 303 Cleveland Rams vs. Detroit Lions, November 22, 1945
5. Cloyce Box 302 Detroit Lions vs. Baltimore Colts, December 3, 1950
6. Jimmy Smith 291 Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Baltimore Ravens, September 10, 2000
7. Jerry Rice 289 San Francisco 49ers vs. Minnesota Vikings, December 18, 1995
8. John Taylor 286 San Francisco 49ers vs. Los Angeles Rams, December 11, 1989
9. Antonio Brown 284 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Oakland Raiders, November 8, 2015

Big Ben at least 2 weeks.....one of those is a bye.

May have dodged a big bullet again.

GO ANTONIO!!!!!! For the $$$$$$$$$$

Next Gen Stats: Bills skill-position players come alive

Excerpt:

2. How important is Ben Roethlisberger to the Steelers' offense? Antonio Brown has averaged 10 receptions and 153 yards in the five games Roethlisberger has started compared to four catches and 59 yards with Vick or Landry Jones under center. Brown earned his money versus the Raiders, covering a total distance of 613 yards as a ball carrier on his 284 receiving yards. Next Gen Stats tells us those 613 yards are 184 more than any other wide receiver has run with the ball in his hands this year. Brown also led all NFL players in distance traveled from the line of scrimmage in Week 9, totaling 1,811 yards -- or just over a mile.

Amazing game. I'm happy Ben played and came out clean. A bye will be nice for them and I hope this stellar production continues with Ben at the helm.

Absolutely amazing player. Brown was the foundation of my season-long fantasy team last year and now this year. Go Brown!

He's really starting to distance himself from #2. Imagine his numbers had Vick not destroyed him those 2 or 3 weeks.
If you go by his averages when Ben plays he would have 160 receptions and about 2450 yards.
I had the No. 1 pick for the first time and hated it this year because of all the options I liked in the first round this year. I took Brown thinking he was the safest of the elite options at the top.

I don't hate the No. 1 pick anymore.

I traded for Brown a couple years ago and signed Bryant and Wheaton off the WW. Still have Brown and Bryant. The question is, can these two guys be started ever week for a team? That doesn't happen very often where this is a possibility here, but it is a distinct possibility (obviously not next week).

I traded for Brown a couple years ago and signed Bryant and Wheaton off the WW. Still have Brown and Bryant. The question is, can these two guys be started ever week for a team? That doesn't happen very often where this is a possibility here, but it is a distinct possibility (obviously not next week).
I'd start every player on a team if those players were consistently producing. Brown's a stud obviously and Bryant has been great since his return. You're clearly starting Brown every week. Given where Bryant was drafted I could see him being more of a question each week but given his massive upside he's a real tough guy to sit.

packersfan said:
TheFanatic said:
I'd start every player on a team if those players were consistently producing. Brown's a stud obviously and Bryant has been great since his return. You're clearly starting Brown every week. Given where Bryant was drafted I could see him being more of a question each week but given his massive upside he's a real tough guy to sit.
I was not watching much football on Sunday (running around doing all sorts of things) when I got to my folks and I saw the ticker at the bottom of the screen and saw Bryant's numbers and I thought. "CRAP! I started the wrong Pitt WR." Then I saw Brown's numbers. I've got AJ Green whom I start along with Brown every week, but over his short time back, Bryant has the third highest PPG. I'm honestly considering putting Green on the bench and that's just plain nuts, but Bryant has earned it and Green is much more up and down over the season with the Bengals taking whatever is given to them (Eiffert one week, WR2 the next, Green the next).

I still can't get over that TD somersault flip :lmao:
Stupid to do. That's a good way to blow your knee out.
Yup very stupid. Ben let him know that.
And Tomlin. They're right, of course. But I have to say, of all the ways we've seen prima donna WRs show off over the years - diving in backwards, goal post dunks, whatever - that was so much better. It was like "thought that was amazing? I'll show you amazing!"

Gonna see that replay for years and years.

I still can't get over that TD somersault flip :lmao:
Stupid to do. That's a good way to blow your knee out.
Yup very stupid. Ben let him know that.
And Tomlin. They're right, of course. But I have to say, of all the ways we've seen prima donna WRs show off over the years - diving in backwards, goal post dunks, whatever - that was so much better. It was like "thought that was amazing? I'll show you amazing!"

Gonna see that replay for years and years.
It was great. FFer's are freaking out a bit but come on these are football players not China dolls. Let's relax a little bit and have some fun.

He's really starting to distance himself from #2. Imagine his numbers had Vick not destroyed him those 2 or 3 weeks.
If you go by his averages when Ben plays he would have 160 receptions and about 2450 yards.
I had the No. 1 pick for the first time and hated it this year because of all the options I liked in the first round this year. I took Brown thinking he was the safest of the elite options at the top.

There is a bragging/venting thread for this kind of crap.

My bad. Antonio Brown is playing at a level that could position him to be the No. 1 pick in fantasy again next season.

Better?

packersfan said:
TheFanatic said:
I was not watching much football on Sunday (running around doing all sorts of things) when I got to my folks and I saw the ticker at the bottom of the screen and saw Bryant's numbers and I thought. "CRAP! I started the wrong Pitt WR." Then I saw Brown's numbers. I've got AJ Green whom I start along with Brown every week, but over his short time back, Bryant has the third highest PPG. I'm honestly considering putting Green on the bench and that's just plain nuts, but Bryant has earned it and Green is much more up and down over the season with the Bengals taking whatever is given to them (Eiffert one week, WR2 the next, Green the next).
I am too lazy right now to go and see but check out the Brandon Marshall / Erick Decker combo this year. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. And that's with Ryan Fitzgerald.

There are weeks where you cringe starting two WR on the same team - much less the Jets - but it's worked for the most part.

Simply the best WR in the NFL.

A future Hall of Famer in his prime.
It's tough for me with him and Julio. Assuming no injury issues for either one (Roethlisberger's or Julio's own) I'm not sure it's an easy call. I would think most GMs would favor Julio due to his size. It's definitely a case where this is no loser but if you were forced to pick one it wouldn't be easy.

My primary point with the post that Kook got all worked up about was how when I was evaluating who to take at No. 1 this year I couldn't find any downside with Brown whereas with all the other options there was at least something I could find. I didn't foresee the Vick Disaster of 2015 occurring so there was some downside with Brown but all things being equal he's probably the safest great player in the league right now. He did well with Landry Jones in his first start so clearly all he needs is a quarterback who can perform at a reasonable level and he'll do great. If he has Ben it's lights out.

It's tough for me with him and Julio. Assuming no injury issues for either one (Roethlisberger's or Julio's own) I'm not sure it's an easy call. I would think most GMs would favor Julio due to his size. It's definitely a case where this is no loser but if you were forced to pick one it wouldn't be easy.

My primary point with the post that Kook got all worked up about was how when I was evaluating who to take at No. 1 this year I couldn't find any downside with Brown whereas with all the other options there was at least something I could find. I didn't foresee the Vick Disaster of 2015 occurring so there was some downside with Brown but all things being equal he's probably the safest great player in the league right now. He did well with Landry Jones in his first start so clearly all he needs is a quarterback who can perform at a reasonable level and he'll do great. If he has Ben it's lights out.
Consider the source on the griping about the post. I found it informative. I wouldn't have considered going WR at 1.1 in a redraft, but it makes perfect sense now. Top notch call there.

Consider the source on the griping about the post. I found it informative. I wouldn't have considered going WR at 1.1 in a redraft, but it makes perfect sense now. Top notch call there.
If Bell wasn't facing the suspension I would've taken him No. 1 without hesitation. If Gurley continues to play great the rest of this season it'll be very interesting to see if people go with him or Brown at No. 1 next year. As great as Brown is, I still find the value of a stud RB to be quite enormous, especially in this day and age when there are so few of them.

If Bell wasn't facing the suspension I would've taken him No. 1 without hesitation. If Gurley continues to play great the rest of this season it'll be very interesting to see if people go with him or Brown at No. 1 next year. As great as Brown is, I still find the value of a stud RB to be quite enormous, especially in this day and age when there are so few of them.
That's absolutely true. With so many committees, the stud RB has too much value. We need to be moving our leagues to start 1 RB, 2 WR and a bunch of flex positions because the day and age of 32 workhorse backs is long gone but the age of 4 WR sets seems to be here to stay with all the rules protecting the WR and QB.

That's absolutely true. With so many committees, the stud RB has too much value. We need to be moving our leagues to start 1 RB, 2 WR and a bunch of flex positions because the day and age of 32 workhorse backs is long gone but the age of 4 WR sets seems to be here to stay with all the rules protecting the WR and QB.
Did this last season PPR, then tweaked it again this year:

2014: WR WR RB TE W/R W/R

2015: WR WR WR RB TE W/R

I think for next year we might try:

2016: WR WR RB TE W/R W/R/TE

There is a bragging/venting thread for this kind of crap.
What a Richard.

I'm in two leagues:

One is start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 D (no kicker) and 4 W/R/TE

The other is a bunch of owners that just have a damn difficult time changing the rules. It's been a start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D until last year when we finally went to that same format with a single flex player. Guys just don't want to change the rules for anything. It's like playing Fantasy Football with a bunch of senior citizens who only want it the way it was, "Back in my day!"

In that same league, the guy who founded it in 2000, used to do the scoring by hand back then. To make things easier for him, he rounded down yards for every player. This was written into the rules Guy goes off for 99 yards rushing and 99 receiving gets 18 pts rather than 19.8. That guy finally quite the league a few years ago and I took over and put the league into MFL. I suggested going to decimal scoring so the scoring would be accurate. First year I brought that up it was actually rejected by the owners. The following year it passed. They actually voted down having the scoring be accurate!?!?

I'm in two leagues:

One is start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 D (no kicker) and 4 W/R/TE

The other is a bunch of owners that just have a damn difficult time changing the rules. It's been a start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D until last year when we finally went to that same format with a single flex player. Guys just don't want to change the rules for anything. It's like playing Fantasy Football with a bunch of senior citizens who only want it the way it was, "Back in my day!"

In that same league, the guy who founded it in 2000, used to do the scoring by hand back then. To make things easier for him, he rounded down yards for every player. This was written into the rules Guy goes off for 99 yards rushing and 99 receiving gets 18 pts rather than 19.8. That guy finally quite the league a few years ago and I took over and put the league into MFL. I suggested going to decimal scoring so the scoring would be accurate. First year I brought that up it was actually rejected by the owners. The following year it passed. They actually voted down having the scoring be accurate!?!?
:lol:

Sorry to take the thread off track, but yes, EXACTLY what went on in my league for like 20 years. Then our commissioner couldn't renew one year (changed emails or something, couldn't figure it out), and I found a way to revive/renew the league. Right away I got a ton of emails practically begging me to be the Commish. So I did. And the Founder never asked for it back, he was just like "OK, cool, glad you figured it out."

I've made about 18-20 tweaks in the two years I've been running it. I announce changes way before the season, encourage discussion, bring it up again, but then I just go ahead and do it if no has brought up counterpoints. I'll never give them a chance to vote. You don't like it, post it on the league board. Or message me. Send me a text, call me, whatever. But if nobody says no then I just go ahead and make the change. Most people are fine with that. Everyone has a voice, we don't rush things - it's their league, it belongs to everyone equally, it can be whatever they want it to be. But if nobody else has suggestions, and there is no objection to changes I propose, after a few times posting about it and giving them weeks/months to discuss or object, I just go ahead and do it.

Commish to me is just an admin, it's like being Treasurer or Secretary on a school board. Most don't want to do it, they're grateful you took it on, and as long as you don't abuse it or act like a dictator, they'll go along with changes if you front it the right way and give them a chance to be heard.

/hijack

For what it's worth, he's had only 4 games this season of teams with top half pass defenses, and those are his 4 worst games I believe (I think 3 of those were without Ben). He's also had 4 games vs teams with bottom 8 pass defense, and those are by far his 4 best games. In the next 5 weeks he's got a bye, and matchups vs the #1 and #2 pass defenses.

I tried to use the above logic to the guy in my league with him who's likely out of the playoffs to lower his price, but he still wants 4 future 1st round picks and players (Lacy, K Allen, whatever).

For what it's worth, he's had only 4 games this season of teams with top half pass defenses, and those are his 4 worst games I believe (I think 3 of those were without Ben). He's also had 4 games vs teams with bottom 8 pass defense, and those are by far his 4 best games. In the next 5 weeks he's got a bye, and matchups vs the #1 and #2 pass defenses.

I tried to use the above logic to the guy in my league with him who's likely out of the playoffs to lower his price, but he still wants 4 future 1st round picks and players (Lacy, K Allen, whatever).
I think Brown has proven that with Ben he can be effective against any defense, especially with Bryant in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread