Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

Gruden is more of an enabler than Tomlinson if that’s even possible.  Brown has given them their out with this video.  Gruden can spin it and say he likes it because brown says “no more games” at the end.  Gruden is the dope who needs to go if Oakland has any hope of not continuing to be a joke for the next 20 years.

• Like 1

I'm tired of hearing the bull @@@@ of him being the hardest worker too. Maybe at one time, but this psychopath hasn't been in practice all of camp. Maybe 1 or 2 practices, but give me a break. I have a feeling Broncos are going to give the raiders a beat down with defense they have.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TheDirtyWord said:

This thread just celebrated its 9th birthday.  41% of it covers his time with the Raiders.

It will probably be above 50% before the end of Monday's game.

Wow.  I just need this guy to have a big 1st game, so I can trade him....before he really goes all out crazy aka Last boy scout on the field.  

What is AB's trade value right now?  I am never been a fan of his, but it is hard to deny his talent and production.  Perhaps he is a good buy-low prospect.  

2 minutes ago, Knox said:

Wow.  I just need this guy to have a big 1st game, so I can trade him....before he really goes all out crazy aka Last boy scout on the field.  

One big game might allow you to trade him at a discount, but nobody is going to pay fair value for his on the field performance.  I have him and I'm just going to play him every game until he gets supsended/cut/whatever.  

What are the odds that he plays and then gets suspended/cut and then AB claims he was injured and thus deserves an injury settlement? No way if I'm the Raiders I take that chance if there's still a thought that they cut him because of actions detrimental to the team.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Maybe he means in the philosophical “free spirit” sense.

This is exactly what I took from his quote.  I think that someone didn't understand what AB was saying and took it as he requests a release.

Just now, Enderdog said:

I hope not.  If the Raiders don't get rid of him, they won't win a game this year.

versus the 4 they will win with him?

As an easy going guy in his 50’s with 3 adult children, I’m not surprised by much. But this is just bat shiot crazy. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Iceman03 said:

Remember when this was the Steelers fault.

Steelers' fans are just shaking their heads and breathing a sigh of relief and saying, "thanks for the memories and years of production, but glad you are someone else's headache now."

The Raiders may need a new pipeline for their receiving talent, because trading for Pittsburgh's cast offs (AB and Martavis Bryant) doesn't look like it is working out in Oakland's favor.

• Like 3

The good news is he's waking up early.  Posting that at 615 am on a Saturday means he's probably just pumped up for football season and getting a jump start on the day.  

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Can anyone else appreciate that this entertainment is FREE?!?! Way better than most of the games out there. 

I hope AB never goes away

• Like 1

The system has so disrespected this guy. I cant believe he's only made about 90 million dollars.  Lolololol...please go away you juvenile nutbag

1 minute ago, bostonfred said:

The good news is he's waking up early.  Posting that at 615 am on a Saturday means he's probably just pumped up for football season and getting a jump start on the day.  

Pumped and jump, or bumped and bump?

11 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

This is exactly what I took from his quote.  I think that someone didn't understand what AB was saying and took it as he requests a release.

never mind, he just sent an email that he won't play since they took his guarantees away.

--Jeff Darlington

4 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Lol. 

Sounds like a real life Gruden spin. 

8 minutes ago, Iceman03 said:

And here is why: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1170326488174006272?s=21

Guaranteed money: VOIDED

If Brown is a narcissist, then the Raiders are bi-polar. One minute he's suspended, the next everyone is happy and Brown is playing Monday no big deal, and hours later he's finds hundreds of thousands of dollars and had his guaranteed money voided.

The only thing I can guess is that there is a massive internal struggle right now between Mayock and Gruden. The Raiders themselves seem to be just as big of a mess as Antonio Brown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

I couldn’t imagine doing anything to mess up receiving $29M in guaranteed money.

That pretty much applies to 99.9999999999999999999 percent of the population. But this is a land of crazy that is beyond most human comprehension 

Edited by efactor

17 hours ago, -X- said:

Wonder if he’ll get another letter with fines for detrimental conduct on Wednesday & missing practice on Thursday...

:oldunsure:

You may have been joking, but you called it. Another letter. more fines, taking away his guarantees, set him off again.
This is no longer entertaining. Seriously worried about the guy.

• Thanks 1

omfg

So.....that’s it right? 

I sense a new book coming:

“How to lose 30 million dollars in one weekend”, by Antonio Brown

1 minute ago, Mystery Achiever said:

This is no longer entertaining. Seriously worried about the guy.

Agreed. 

3 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

If Brown is a narcissist, then the Raiders are bi-polar. One minute he's suspended, the next everyone is happy and Brown is playing Monday no big deal, and hours later he's finds hundreds of thousands of dollars and had his guaranteed money voided.

The only thing I can guess is that there is a massive internal struggle right now between Mayock and Gruden. The Raiders themselves seem to be just as big of a mess as Antonio Brown.

This

Gruden wants AB in the lineup. Mayock wants to be GM.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

Seriously,  there isn't ANOTHER team dumb enough to pick him up is there?

Are you serious? Lots of teams will try to sign him to an incentive laden contract.

3 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

I am sure there are teams who would still take the plunge if they could get him cheap, but I can't see Brown going to another team without big guaranteed money, and an NFL team would have to be out of their minds to give this guy that at this point, given how unhinged he clearly is. 

Just now, whoknew said:

Are you serious? Lots of teams will try to sign him to an incentive laden contract.

I doubt this very much. Dude needs mental help. They should 5150 him to prevent self-harm at this point.

I am not joking. 

He just pissed away $29+ million dollars. After a sincere apology that would have ended this fiasco.

That’s not the act of a mentally well person.!

2 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

This

Mayock gone be back on the NFL network by week 3

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, JaxBill said:

This

Can we all appreciate that Khalil Mack was traded before this dumpster lit completely on fire? He would’ve maybe missed last year and definitely missed this year on the tag if it had been the Raider’s choice

6 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

"Dan Snyder to the white courtesy phone please..."

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

I am sure there are teams who would still take the plunge if they could get him cheap, but I can't see Brown going to another team without big guaranteed money, and an NFL team would have to be out of their minds to give this guy that at this point, given how unhinged he clearly is. 

yep. browns ego wont play for nothing and most teams wouldnt give him big money unless it were protected like the raiders' contract was.

This is great. AB goes bat #### crazy. his agent calls him up and convinces him to give some tearful apology to the team to save 29 mil. it doesnt work, so hes back to being bat #### crazy. 

It's a toddler tantrum

How the hell am I supposed to go lift when I’m afraid of missing a single second of this episode of “Everybody Hates AB?!”  If I put my phone down for one second I’m gonna miss something really juicy...can he please just take a commercial break?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

I am curious: What are AB owners doing this weekend?  The Raiders don't play until Monday night.  If this is not resolved before games Sunday, are you sitting AB?

• Laughing 1

Just now, sportsphysio said:

How the hell am I supposed to go lift when I’m afraid of missing a single second of this episode of “Everybody Hates AB?!”  If I put my phone down for one second I’m gonna miss something really juicy...can he please just take a commercial break?

it definitely has the feel of a binge worthy netflix series 

4 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

They're going to end up Terrell Owensing him aren't they

That's what's kind of interesting here. If the Raiders choose to try to make a point rather than rid themselves of the headache, they can keep punishing Brown and not owe him a penny. They can suspend him for 4 games and not owe him a dime. And every time he acts up during that suspension or going forward, they can suspend him for 4 more games and not owe him a penny. 

If they can put up with the circus, why release him and potentially let him go light it up with another team when they can essentially force him out of football without paying him a dime?

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

But by the same token Brown must hate Gruden, right?

He wasn't then he was then he wasn't then he was.

Waiting for the Raiders to release him AND Gruden press wiretapping charges.

• Laughing 1

On 9/5/2019 at 8:31 PM, Choke said:

They treated him as "special" for a month and a half, until the other players and staff started taking notice. Then Mayock was obligated.

And by all accounts I have come across Mayock did not engage with Brown once  Brown became heated and attempted to walk away.  Mayock has handled a difficult situation as best as he could while protecting the team and doing right by the Raiders.   He carries no fault for Brown's behaviour here with the team or on social media.

• Like 2