What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (12 Viewers)

au contraire.. for no apparent reason (aside from me being in here) i was peppered with "this is no worse than what gordon did" posts early on and continuing thru this debacle.

i did NOT bring him up. but i will take my shots where they are available.
Shots on what? Gordon sucks and hasn’t done 1/1000th what AB has. 

Therein lies the joke.  Knew he would go apesh!t again.

His future looks bright as an action film star or something.  Just think, not too long ago he was just doing commercials.
Seems like everyone except those who drafted him in FF knew this wasn’t over. 

A lot of rude awakenings this AM, that’s for certain. 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
This isn't like giving a crazy girlfriend a key to your house and hoping for the best. Tens of millions of dollars hang in the balance here and I seriously hope the Raiders protected themselves.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1170327996210827265

In addition to fining Antonio Brown $215,073.53 for conduct detrimental to the team that voided $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his contract, the Raiders sent Brown a letter that he no longer will be entitled to termination pay if they release him, per sources.
That is the clause that flipped ABs contract into a weekly play-to-pay.  No more guarantees. He has yet to be paid anything by the Raiders.   

Shots on what? Gordon sucks and hasn’t done 1/1000th what AB has. 
gordon has done things in that 1 season that AB hasnt done in all of his either.

but we're talking about behaviour and attitude towards the team. comparing what ab is doing/saying/posting to gordon was absolutely ridiculous from the start.

im dropping it here. but if you honestly cant see the difference in what ab is doing to what gordon has done, then i dunno.

Last edited by a moderator:
gordon has done things in that 1 season that AB hasnt done in all of his either.

but we're talking about behaviour and attitude towards the team. comparing what ab is doing/saying/posting to gordon was ansolutely ridiculous from the start.

im dropping it here. but if you honestly cant see the difference in what ab is doing to what gordon has done, then i dunno.
I don’t care about Gordon at all. This is a thread to laugh at AB. Take your obsession elsewhere.

what im looking forward to most is when no team signs ab after this, and he sues the league for causing his mental health/cte issues.

just wait.

Short list of NFL teams willing to sign him IMHO

WAS

MIA

????
Neither of those teams are going to bring in AB.  

After this?  Maybe Seattle.  Maybe NE.  And that is the end of the line IMO.  What coach can handle that?  Tomlin looks like a champ now.  I never had so much respect for Gruden in how he handled this.  

And no one is going to guarantee significant money to AB anymore.  That money ride is over. 

Why on earth would either of those teams take on a 31yo headcase like this? So they can go 7-9 and get a much worse draft choice every round of the 2020 draft? Let alone what he would do to your locker of young players?
you're not listening. He can show them how the system will fail them and show them the right way #theyputblindersonahorseforareason

If I'm the helmet company, I file a lawsuit this morning to get any endorsement money back too.
The way he's currently behaving I think his old helmet company could probably win a defamation suit at this point. I certainly wouldn't let my kids use any of their products after seeing this as the aftermath. 

The way he's currently behaving I think his old helmet company could probably win a defamation suit at this point. I certainly wouldn't let my kids use any of their products after seeing this as the aftermath. 
Theres a reason his old helmet company was not deemed safe any longer 

Paraphrasing from one of the MDs who created the NFL concussion protocol: no helmet can prevent or limit the number or severity of concussions 

Seems like everyone except those who drafted him in FF knew this wasn’t over. 

A lot of rude awakenings this AM, that’s for certain. 🤦🏼‍♂️
He had one passionate defender in our live draft room - the guy who took him in the 2nd round. Everyone else just laughed.

My live league has a Ph.D. who works as a psychiatrist and he called AB "the iceberg". Said "all the crazy you see on Twitter is only 10% of the bat#### insane he probably is." I'd say he nailed that one.

If I'm the helmet company, I file a lawsuit this morning to get any endorsement money back too.
 I mean, from a marketing and publicity standpoint you have to think they’re thrilled with the return on their investment.  He’s certainly generating clicks.  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
The guaranteed money isn’t “voided” but is “voidable” now I assume to an extent. And that is future earnings.  Because there is no suspension and he will be active at 4pm today, his salary this year would be guaranteed  

Nobody else will give him guaranteed money, unless it is the XFL. 
Good point. It seems like his entire 2019 salary should be guaranteed if he's on the roster Week 1.

@spotrac

Antonio Brown’s $1M signing bonus was actually two $500,000 workout bonuses that required he attend at least 85% of the offseason program. He didn’t, so he’s already lost $500k. If he’s released prior to Week 1, he’ll leave Oakland with $0 cash earned, & $0 dead cap.

:lol: :lol:  

it just doesn't stop coming.

Are you kidding? Tons of people are surmising that this behavior is a result of CTE...which would have occured while using a competitor's helmet. 

And with all this blowing up and AB's social media feeds being one of the hottest properties out there, what is pinned to the top of AB's Twitter feed?

Yup

That kind of exposure is almost impossible to buy.

He had one passionate defender in our live draft room - the guy who took him in the 2nd round. Everyone else just laughed.

My live league has a Ph.D. who works as a psychiatrist and he called AB "the iceberg". Said "all the crazy you see on Twitter is only 10% of the bat#### insane he probably is." I'd say he nailed that one.
Similar to my league… Guy picking one pick before me takes AB then I take Tyreek Hill, and he immediately bet me $10 that his combination of Michael Thomas and Antonio Brown would outscore my combination of Devante Adams and Tyreek Hill.

I’m thinking Michael Thomas may have to have a ridiculous year for me to lose that bet at this point. 

If the Raiders don't move on from Brown that would say more about them than AB.  He keeps saying he doesn't need football, and it seems like he'll be without it soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread