What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (4 Viewers)

Assuming Big Ben stays healthy the rest of the season, anybody want to offer their season end projected stat line for AB84?

matttyl said:
For what it's worth, he's had only 4 games this season of teams with top half pass defenses, and those are his 4 worst games I believe (I think 3 of those were without Ben). He's also had 4 games vs teams with bottom 8 pass defense, and those are by far his 4 best games. In the next 5 weeks he's got a bye, and matchups vs the #1 and #2 pass defenses.

I tried to use the above logic to the guy in my league with him who's likely out of the playoffs to lower his price, but he still wants 4 future 1st round picks and players (Lacy, K Allen, whatever).
After the last two weeks (backed by three years of consistency), can't imagine the AB price being higher.

Obviously the redraft mentality is vastly different, but there's no way I would part with my Brown/Gurley cornerstones.

Based on him having at 10 games: 79 receptions for 1141 yards and 5 tds, assuming he and Roethlisberger stay healthy the rest of the season, I project a year end stat line of: 133 receptions for 1741 yards and 9 tds.

Based on him having at 10 games: 79 receptions for 1141 yards and 5 tds, assuming he and Roethlisberger stay healthy the rest of the season, I project a year end stat line of: 133 receptions for 1741 yards and 9 tds.
I might up the TD's to 11.

62-906-5 in the six games Ben has played.

That is Ruthian.
2400. :shock:
165Makes 1.04 in PPR feel like it was a steal. Pretty sure every single person I told the week of my draft thought that was a mistake. "You gotta take one of the sure thing RBs - ADP, Bell, Charles or Lacy."

ETA - oh, and the Seahwaks homer in my league took Lynch 3rd. So I passed on Bell & Lacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this on our League homepage tonight:

Chad Johnson CIN - WR

2006 vs. San Diego11 catches, 260 receiving yards, 2 TDsBefore he changed his name to the incorrect Spanish translation of his jersey number (85), Chad Johnson was a perennial Pro Bowler, named to the Pro Bowl squad five consecutive seasons from ’03 to ’07.

The pinnacle of this impressive run was a two-week stretch in the middle of the ’06 season, starting with a 260-yard, 2 TD dismantling of the Chargers secondary in Week 10. The next week, Johnson would nearly equal his 38-point fantasy output by serving up a 190-yard, 3 TD beat down on the Saints. The two weeks stand as the all-time greatest fantasy performance by a wide receiver in back-to-back contests.
Hmmm....

Ocho Cinco circa 2006, Weeks 9 & 10 (also ran the ball twice for 3 yards):

• 12 targets, 10 catches, 260 yards, 2 TDs
  • 10 targets, 6 catches, 190 yards, 3 TDs
Antonio Brown circa 2015, Weeks 9 & 10

• 23 targets, 17 catches, 284 yards, 3 catches over 40 yards, 2 rushes for 22 yards, 1 lost fumble
  • 14 targets, 10 catches, 139 yards, 2 TDs, 2 pt conv
91.30 FF pts was pretty awesome, but 83.5 has to be close to 2nd. I'm thinking SS Sr. had a great B2B stretch in 2005 but I might be misremembering.

Anybody else remember a comparable 2 game stretch for a WR?

Aside - AB had 96.50 in our format, which includes bonus points for plays over 40 and various milestones (100/200/250 yards in a game.)

Chad Johnson CIN - WR2006 vs. San Diego11 catches, 260 receiving yards, 2 TDsBefore he changed his name to the incorrect Spanish translation of his jersey number (85), Chad Johnson was a perennial Pro Bowler, named to the Pro Bowl squad five consecutive seasons from 03 to 07.

The pinnacle of this impressive run was a two-week stretch in the middle of the 06 season, starting with a 260-yard, 2 TD dismantling of the Chargers secondary in Week 10. The next week, Johnson would nearly equal his 38-point fantasy output by serving up a 190-yard, 3 TD beat down on the Saints. The two weeks stand as the all-time greatest fantasy performance by a wide receiver in back-to-back contests.
Hmmm....

• 23 targets, 17 catches, 284 yards, 3 catches over 40 yards, 2 rushes for 22 yards, 1 lost fumble
91.30 FF pts was pretty awesome, but 83.5 has to be close to 2nd. I'm thinking SS Sr. had a great B2B stretch in 2005 but I might be misremembering.Anybody else remember a comparable 2 game stretch for a WR?

Aside - AB had 96.50 in our format, which includes bonus points for plays over 40 and various milestones (100/200/250 yards in a game.)
Gordon's got to be in there too.

shady inc said:
Does Sherman shadow guys, or stay on 1 side of the field? Will he be on brown all game?
I wouldn't worry either way. He got lit up by the Arizona WRs pretty good last week, and Brown moves around enough to where he'll get his (assuming Ben stays upright).

Sherman is the 80th ranked CB in the league according the PFF, and giving up like 100 yards a game. Put him on Brown...would love to see Antonio light him up with a smile on all game.

Guy is on another level right now.

Sherman is the 80th ranked CB in the league according the PFF, and giving up like 100 yards a game. Put him on Brown...would love to see Antonio light him up with a smile on all game.

Not sure how they are figuring Sherman is giving up 100yds/game, but that is nowhere near accurate. The team is only giving up 207yds/game and half of that isn't on Sherman. He is having a down year, but not that far down.

Not sure how they are figuring Sherman is giving up 100yds/game, but that is nowhere near accurate. The team is only giving up 207yds/game and half of that isn't on Sherman. He is having a down year, but not that far down.
PFF is not figuring it out that way. Nastynate is either trying to stir poop or just flat wrong.

Among the top 50% qualifiers Sherman is the #3 ranked CB in coverage and he's giving up 31.6 yards per game.

Insein said:

Chad Johnson CIN - WR2006 vs. San Diego11 catches, 260 receiving yards, 2 TDsBefore he changed his name to the incorrect Spanish translation of his jersey number (85), Chad Johnson was a perennial Pro Bowler, named to the Pro Bowl squad five consecutive seasons from 03 to 07.

The pinnacle of this impressive run was a two-week stretch in the middle of the 06 season, starting with a 260-yard, 2 TD dismantling of the Chargers secondary in Week 10. The next week, Johnson would nearly equal his 38-point fantasy output by serving up a 190-yard, 3 TD beat down on the Saints. The two weeks stand as the all-time greatest fantasy performance by a wide receiver in back-to-back contests.
Hmmm....

91.30 FF pts was pretty awesome, but 83.5 has to be close to 2nd. I'm thinking SS Sr. had a great B2B stretch in 2005 but I might be misremembering.Anybody else remember a comparable 2 game stretch for a WR?

Drew Bennett in 2004 had 12-233-3 and 13-160-2 in consecutive weeks, good for 94 FP by my math.

Insein said:

Hmmm....

Drew Bennett in 2004 had 12-233-3 and 13-160-2 in consecutive weeks, good for 94 FP by my math.
Man that was a run! Got a lot of people to the Championship game.

Shutdown Corner - NFL

July 27, 2009

Drew Bennett had one of the greatest three-game stretches ever

In the first three weeks of December in the year 2004, a wide receiver had the greatest three-game stretch in recent NFL history. And it didn't come from a Harrison, a Moss or an Owens. It was put up by Drew Bennett(notes), a guy who had never provided any suggestion that such a performance was in the works and one who would never come close to such output again.

For three games in Weeks 13-15 of the 2005 season, Bennett put up stunning, historic numbers for the Tennessee Titans. Catching balls from backup Billy Volek(notes), Bennett posted 28 receptions, 517 yards and eight touchdowns in those three games.

In comparison, here are the best three-game totals from some of the premiere receivers in NFL history:

Jerry Rice(notes): 32 receptions, 563 yards, 3 touchdowns

Marvin Harrison(notes): 28 receptions, 421 yards, 6 touchdowns

Randy Moss(notes): 22 receptions, 403 yards, 5 touchdowns

Terrell Owens(notes): 24 receptions, 472 yards, 7 touchdowns

(You can pick any number of three-game stretches for Jerry Rice. He had two in which he caught eight touchdowns -- an NFL record which Bennett tied -- but he wasn't as prolific in yards and catches in those games.)

Bennett's numbers are all the more stunning when you consider that prior to the run he had only three career games with over 100 yards receiving and had never caught more than one touchown in a game. But when an injury to Steve McNair(notes) forced Billy Volek into the lineup, Bennett blew up. He caught three long touchdown passes in the first quarter of a Week 13 game against Indianapolis and in the subsequent two weeks, Volek and Bennett would connect 25 times for five more touchdowns, including a 12-catch, 253 yard, three touchdown afternoon against the Kansas City Chiefs. (Volek himself would set an NFL mark for most passing yards in the first seven games of a career.)

The resounding success was short-lived though. When Derrick Mason(notes) left Tennessee via free agency the following year, Bennett was slotted as the Titans' No. 1 receiver, a role he was never really cut out for. He still led the team in receptions in 2005, but increased attention from opposing secondaries and injuries produced a marked diminish in production. Over the next five seasons (which included a stint in St. Louis), Bennett would score 10 touchdowns, just two more than he had for those magical three afternoons in December.

Those Billy Volek games were amazing. To this day, I hold any surprise-start QB, when the defense has no preseason games or other tape to study about him, will put up decent fantasy points more than starting the defense against him leads to more turnovers than normal. Seems to last for about 3 weeks before the Ds figure out what looks he has trouble with and can game plan against.
Same reasoning, look for WR that backup is comfortable with, has had the most reps with - all of a sudden that WR3 starts getting 8-10 targets and RZ looks. Travis Benjamin went camp as the Browns WR5 & on the roster bubble. He's WR12 in our format, T11th in yardage, only AB has more 40+ yard receptions. Rarely discussed on the boards but he's basically matched Amari Cooper. You wonder if he emerges if Manziel doesn't come in and sling 3 bombs to him the first two weeks.

Richard Sherman | SEA

(November 28, 2015 10:37 AM EST)

Seahawks DC Kris Richard hinted Richard Sherman may not shadow Antonio Brown this week.

When asked how he decides if Sherman will shadow, Richard said, "If theyve got a guy out there that theyre just trying to feature down after down after down, or whether or not theyve got a bunch of good guys that theyre trying to throw the ball to. Pittsburgh has a bunch of good guys that theyre trying to throw the ball to, so well see." Brown is a bad matchup for Sherman anyway, and the other corners will need help against Martavis Bryant. Pittsburgh's passing game is a sneaky good DFS stack this week.

SOURCE: SEATTLE TIMES

Rotoworld:

io Brown totaled six catches for 51 yards on 12 targets in the Steelers' Week 12 loss to the Seahawks.

Brown never broke the big one on Sunday but he probably did the best he could against Richard Sherman. Markus Wheaton was featured more than usual Sunday as Ben Roethlisberger took what the defense gave him. Sunday broke Brown’s streak of two consecutive 100-yard games. He should have a much easier time against Indianapolis in Week 13.

Nov 29 - 8:51 PM

Richard Sherman | SEA

(November 28, 2015 10:37 AM EST)

Seahawks DC Kris Richard hinted Richard Sherman may not shadow Antonio Brown this week.

When asked how he decides if Sherman will shadow, Richard said, "If theyve got a guy out there that theyre just trying to feature down after down after down, or whether or not theyve got a bunch of good guys that theyre trying to throw the ball to. Pittsburgh has a bunch of good guys that theyre trying to throw the ball to, so well see." Brown is a bad matchup for Sherman anyway, and the other corners will need help against Martavis Bryant. Pittsburgh's passing game is a sneaky good DFS stack this week.

SOURCE: SEATTLE TIMES
He put him on lock for sure.

Not sure what to think about Brown in Week 15 when he faces Talib. The troubling part about yesterday's game was how the Steelers pretty much just gave up on trying to get Brown the ball in the second half. They just let Sherman take him out and Ben threw it everywhere else. I didn't expect that at all. Then again they did lose so maybe they look at the film and tell themselves they shouldn't give up on Brown so easily again.

Not sure what to think about Brown in Week 15 when he faces Talib. The troubling part about yesterday's game was how the Steelers pretty much just gave up on trying to get Brown the ball in the second half. They just let Sherman take him out and Ben threw it everywhere else. I didn't expect that at all. Then again they did lose so maybe they look at the film and tell themselves they shouldn't give up on Brown so easily again.
Tomlin should come to the conclusion he ####ed his own team with the awful 4th down interception by Jones, not going for it on 4th & G with 3-1/2 minutes left, and not trying to establish the run (they were killing the Seattle D-line in the rare occasions they didn't pass.) But when you throw for 450+, hard to fault them for not getting AB the ball more.

Tomlin should come to the conclusion he ####ed his own team with the awful 4th down interception by Jones, not going for it on 4th & G with 3-1/2 minutes left, and not trying to establish the run (they were killing the Seattle D-line in the rare occasions they didn't pass.) But when you throw for 450+, hard to fault them for not getting AB the ball more.
I was following on my phone, not watching, but this stood out to me. I had no context, but it seemed odd to me.

Yesterday sucked, especially considering I lost my game by .71 points so even one more catch from AB would have won my game. However AB is quite literally the one player on my roster I have zero concerns about moving forward.

Agree the fake punt was bad, but the 4th and G with a couple minutes left may of had something to do with Ben's head injury. He went to the trainers to be checked out for a possible concussion right after the third down scramble. Not sure, but this may have played into the decision to not go for it given that it would be Landry in there on a crucial 4th and G.

Roethslisberger took a clear blow to the head on a third-down play earlier in the drive, drawing a roughing the passer penalty. He remained in the game for a full nine plays after that.

Agree the fake punt was bad, but the 4th and G with a couple minutes left may of had something to do with Ben's head injury. He went to the trainers to be checked out for a possible concussion right after the third down scramble. Not sure, but this may have played into the decision to not go for it given that it would be Landry in there on a crucial 4th and G.
Didn't seem to mind having Landry in there for a crucial 4th down earlier with that asinine fake FG...

*bitter Steelers fan*

If Antonio Brown existed when Tecmo Bowl came out, we'd be saying "Bo who?" This guy is single-handedly winning people money in leagues.

1st pick next year?
He should've been the 1st pick in every ppr redraft(maybe even dynasty).

I was talking with a friend last night and we were trying to come up with an AB comparison. It was difficult. Who do you guys think he's most comparable to?

Users who are viewing this thread