What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (4 Viewers)

The reason I wrote that there has to be something more is because he apologized to the team, and then Oakland announced they expressed him to play on Monday. I don’t think they do that if they had planned to cut him all along ever since the incident. So it seems to me that they changed their mind last night or this morning. Why? 
Because Gruden backed off and let Mayock handle it.

The reason I wrote that there has to be something more is because he apologized to the team, and then Oakland announced they expressed him to play on Monday. I don’t think they do that if they had planned to cut him all along ever since the incident. So it seems to me that they changed their mind last night or this morning. Why? 
lol catch up man.  Did you not see the video he released?

I want to repeat too: IMO Antonio Brown is not simply an elite NFL WR, as special as that is. I think he is the best WR since Jerry Rice, with all apologies to Calvin Johnson. So this is really a tragedy, unless he can somehow rehabilitate himself. 

"low risk flier"

:lol:

aside from the guaranteed cash he wants and large cap hit?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is going to be quite the legal battle over that $30M. AB will certainly file a grievance against the Raiders arguing that his behavior wasn't "detrimental conduct" and that the Raiders were not entitled to void his guaranteed money.

IF he were to win (seems unlikely), not only would the Raiders owe Brown that $30M, it would all accelerate and be dead money on this year's cap.

That would mean, in total, AB would be counting for $50M in cap space to 2 teams he never played a down for this year.

1.  A team will need 10+ mill in cap space to sign him.  AB won’t just settle let’s be clear on that.

2.  A team that is poised to make the playoffs and take a one year “prove it” contract.

Now go find that match.

Redskins seem like a perfect fit. Deeply in need of WR help and Snyder seems like the the type who would welcome AB.

That would mean, in total, AB would be counting for $50M in cap space to 2 teams he never played a down for this year.
worst case scenario there and quite realistic, but if that were to happen i'd lose faith in the legal system and how these sports mega agents are able to manipulate it as much as i am disappointed in how far things have gone to the deep end with these spoiled athletes. do we blame the kids who act up, or the parents who have enabled them so long that acting up is part of the norm?

Sorry everybody. After Brown’s public apology and Gruden’s comments I thought this story was over. I didn’t follow what took place last night with the video and the tweets. 

So now it makes sense. At least from the Raiders perspective. From Brown’s perspective who knows? He appears to be a moron. 

1.  A team will need 10+ mill in cap space to sign him.  AB won’t just settle let’s be clear on that.

2.  A team that is poised to make the playoffs and take a one year “prove it” contract.

Now go find that match.
is there ANY chance he plays for cheap just to piss off oakland?  Like signing in KC for the minimum would be hilarious.  Otherwise he's out of football.

There is going to be quite the legal battle over that $30M. AB will certainly file a grievance against the Raiders arguing that his behavior wasn't "detrimental conduct" and that the Raiders were not entitled to void his guaranteed money.

IF he were to win (seems unlikely), not only would the Raiders owe Brown that $30M, it would all accelerate and be dead money on this year's cap.

As much as I'd love to see an arbitrator stick it to the Steelers and Raiders, no way should Brown win this. 

Fantasy: AB is still one of the most talented WRs in the league--albeit a 31 year old one who appears to be a head case.  He will find another team but we don't know what the system or QB will be--so there is risk there. He will need to learn a new playbook and he didn't play in preseason at all and had issues with his feet.  

Dynasty: I would unload him for the best deal I could get; a 2020 first rounder would be a great deal.

Redraft: Given what you probably paid for him you have to hold and hope the landing place is NE or somewhere similar and not Seattle or Jacksonville or NYG.

NFL Reality: he can make a huge difference for a team that can deal with his ego and behavior and has the cap space and willingness to spend money. He won't settle for a low or medium deal--he will want something close to the 30 M he had.

when it's all said and done, I wouldnt be suprised one bit if all of Julio, Hopkins and OBJ are ranked ahead of AB since Megatron

AB better than Megatron? 

I can't go that far. I just can't... 
Well if you're choosing between them, you probably go Megatron, but in terms of route running and pure receiver skills as opposed to size and out physicaling people, I agree Brown is right there with Rice and Marvin Harrison for me.  I almost put Moss and Megatron in another freak skill quality, where their route running isn't as refined because it didn't have to be

Patriots, Cowboys, or Seahawks
None of them have the cap space to make it work.  Especially not Dallas.

Pats I honestly don't see it.  They won't put up with anything, and Brown isn't simply going to learn his lesson and be a perfect teammate.  Pats isn't happening.

Hawks maybe I guess.  I think it's equally as likely that no one signs him as it is that someone does.

Well if you're choosing between them, you probably go Megatron, but in terms of route running and pure receiver skills as opposed to size and out physicaling people, I agree Brown is right there with Rice and Marvin Harrison for me.  I almost put Moss and Megatron in another freak skill quality, where their route running isn't as refined because it didn't have to be
On the list of best WR's since Jerry Rice, I might put Brown top 5, but he ain't ahead of Moss, Harrison, Owens or Calvin. I might put Julio ahead of him as well.  Brown's numbers were off the charts there for a few years, but remember that this is a pass-happy era and I don't think I've ever seen a QB force feed him the ball like Ben did for years.  Think of the numbers Julio Jones would put up if Matt Ryan force fed him the ball like that. 

Users who are viewing this thread