Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

1 minute ago, theplayer11 said:

Bilichick will sign him..

I guess well find out what's more important to him. Winning or money. Cause he gonna get his numbers too if he with NE. But at a big pay downgrade.

• Like 1

Just did a check of my 111 leagues I have Brown 14 times.  Not feeling good today.

• Laughing 1

Just now, Dez said:

Just did a check of my 111 leagues I have Brown 14 times.  Not feeling good today.

I don't think that it's the Brown situation that should be doing that. 

• Like 5
  • Laughing 2

I legit can’t imagine what it would be like going to bed last night brimming with confidence that this saga was over, then waking up to this absolute mess. 

My condolences to the fantasy community for your loss.  

1 minute ago, [scooter] said:

This shtick needs to die.

Exactly. The Patriots have won six Super Bowls with their best WR's on those teams being Julian Edelman, Troy Brown and Deion Branch. They don't need a tool bag like Brown. 

4 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Steelers should announce a contract extension with JuJu with 30 mil guaranteed.

FYP

1 minute ago, Dez said:

Sunday mornings must be interesting for you.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I thought they should have suspended him- but outright cut him? 

Gotta be more to this story. 

Not really. He's a public menace. Life running a football team is just all around exponentially easier without the daily commotion.

4 minutes ago, theplayer11 said:

Bilichick will sign him..

This guy is too messed up even for Bill.  I honestly don't think Bill touches this situation.

2 minutes ago, Dez said:

111 teams!....I can barely handle two with everything else. Is that a full time job?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dez said:

Jesus. What are you doing? Starting a fantasy football index fund?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

9 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

Like what? The guy cursed out, threatened physical violence against, and used a slur against the general manager in front of the entire team. Think about that for a minute. 

Then they made him come back and apologize to the whole team, told everyone he cried, fined him a quarter million, and cut him.  

Lol

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

Probably sign with the Warriors now

Oh yeah - because when I think chemistry, I think Steph, klay, and uh, Antonio Brown. :doh: 

1 minute ago, King of the Jungle said:

Oh the Pats will at least sniff around on this...

Everyone will sniff around on it, but I think the Pats are one of the least likely landing spots.

Just now, King of the Jungle said:

Bruh can you imagine the focus AB would have against the Steelers? That's like a lock for 200 yards and 3 TDs. Even better in the playoffs.

I've put Tyrell Williams into and out of my lineup two times already this week. I know AB's "released" -- but is it really safe for me to put Tyrell back in?

I guess he saw enough of D.Carr to know he wouldnt sniff anything close to what he was putting up with Ben... Fake Meltdown to get out of Oakland... if he ends up with NE...this dude is a Genius and we all got played for dumb dumbs 

1 minute ago, mcintyre1 said:

I've put Tyrell Williams into and out of my lineup two times already this week. I know AB's "released" -- but is it really safe for me to put Tyrell back in?

lol same here.  DOn't do it yet or else he'll be re signed by the raiders in an hour.

Bump Hunter Renfrow in PPR formats.      :lol:

Can you imagine being Tyrell Williams, if he has a big year, this whole mess may have created a much larger payday for him down the road.

TZM 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Everyone will sniff around on it, but I think the Pats are one of the least likely landing spots.

I would put them in the top five spots to land him. Pats love winning Super Bowls. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Steelers should offer him the vet minimum, but do it on Twitter.

better yet, offer position on practice squad

9 minutes ago, JackReacher said:

I could see Seahawks or Jets

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby.

1 minute ago, oswizzle said:

I guess he saw enough of D.Carr to know he wouldnt sniff anything close to what he was putting up with Ben... Fake Meltdown to get out of Oakland... if he ends up with NE...this dude is a Genius and we all got played for dumb dumbs 

He forfeited 30 million dollars and won’t sniff that amount ever again. He’s the opposite of a genius. 

Or does he go to KC for cheap so he can stick it to the raiders and win a certain super bowl.

7 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Anyone besides Ty Williams a good pickup here?

....and would they be a better option than, say, Funchess/Samuel/Ginn/Paul Richardson/Devante Parker/John Ross?

Asking for a friend. :oldunsure:

Just now, Man In The Box said:

He forfeited 30 million dollars and won’t sniff that amount ever again. He’s the opposite of a genius. 

Ya.  And he was pissed about a few thousand.

1 minute ago, oswizzle said:

Genius? It's way too early to start drinking.

• Like 2

OK still in the middle of my auction.  Who is the WR to own in Oak, max auction bid?  tia

T Williams?

Edited by wilked

11 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Anyone besides Ty Williams a good pickup here?

Not sure.  I think Williams is the obvious top one but he got drafted in pretty much every league.  I think the only real move to make here is to grab Waller who should see his targets possibly double.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

They are obviously looking for some WR depth/help.

From the news blog: Free-agent QB Mike White (Cowboys), WR Deontay Burnett (Jets), WR Amara Darboh (Seahawks), WR Spencer Schnell (Buccaneers) and WR Anthony Johnson (Buccaneers) worked out for the New England Patriots Friday, Sept. 6. 

1 minute ago, wilked said:

OK still in the middle of my auction.  Who is the WR to own in Oak, max auction bid?  tia

T Williams?

Yes.

The reason I wrote that there has to be something more is because he apologized to the team, and then Oakland announced they expressed him to play on Monday. I don’t think they do that if they had planned to cut him all along ever since the incident. So it seems to me that they changed their mind last night or this morning. Why? 

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

As an aside, how the heck is money "guaranteed" if it can be voided by the team that has to pay it laying down a suspension that they only have to give very vague reasons for?

Vague reasons??????? Are you paying attention to what's going on?

Just now, timschochet said:

The reason I wrote that there has to be something more is because he apologized to the team, and then Oakland announced they expressed him to play on Monday. I don’t think they do that if they had planned to cut him all along ever since the incident. So it seems to me that they changed their mind last night or this morning. Why? 

I thought Mayock voided his guarantees and then he refused to play without them? 

Just now, timschochet said:

LOL, have you not been paying attention? 

• Thanks 2

what you pay for t williams....$200 auction draft....if the draft was happening now