Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

So it seems to me that they changed their mind last night or this morning. Why? 

ppl still don't knwo why he's been cut :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

The reason I wrote that there has to be something more is because he apologized to the team, and then Oakland announced they expressed him to play on Monday. I don’t think they do that if they had planned to cut him all along ever since the incident. So it seems to me that they changed their mind last night or this morning. Why? 

Because Gruden backed off and let Mayock handle it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

The reason I wrote that there has to be something more is because he apologized to the team, and then Oakland announced they expressed him to play on Monday. I don’t think they do that if they had planned to cut him all along ever since the incident. So it seems to me that they changed their mind last night or this morning. Why? 

lol catch up man.  Did you not see the video he released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Deamon said:
18 minutes ago, theplayer11 said:

Bilichick will sign him..

This guy is too messed up even for Bill.  I honestly don't think Bill touches this situation.

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 5m5 minutes ago

Text from NFL coach on whether Bill Belichick takes a low-risk flyer on Antonio Brown: “I bet he does.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to repeat too: IMO Antonio Brown is not simply an elite NFL WR, as special as that is. I think he is the best WR since Jerry Rice, with all apologies to Calvin Johnson. So this is really a tragedy, unless he can somehow rehabilitate himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bracie Smathers said:

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 5m5 minutes ago

Text from NFL coach on whether Bill Belichick takes a low-risk flyer on Antonio Brown: “I bet he does.”

"NFL COACH" is probably Gruden.

  • Laughing 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Maybe he means in the philosophical “free spirit” sense.

read the version Faust posted, there's more to that IG post. a whole paragraph that include "release me." he didn't mean it philosophically.

4 hours ago, Faust said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deamon said:

lol catch up man.  Did you not see the video he released?

No. I missed that. I’m catching up now. 

Damn what an idiot. What is he thinking? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"low risk flier"

:lol:

aside from the guaranteed cash he wants and large cap hit?

Edited by Soulfly3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is going to be quite the legal battle over that $30M. AB will certainly file a grievance against the Raiders arguing that his behavior wasn't "detrimental conduct" and that the Raiders were not entitled to void his guaranteed money.

IF he were to win (seems unlikely), not only would the Raiders owe Brown that $30M, it would all accelerate and be dead money on this year's cap.

That would mean, in total, AB would be counting for $50M in cap space to 2 teams he never played a down for this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

No. I missed that. I’m catching up now. 

Damn what an idiot. What is he thinking? 

I didn't see it either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this isn't a raiders issue.

this is a steelers and raiders issue.

most of all, it's an antonio brown issue. wouldn't take him for free on my browns. no joke.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  A team will need 10+ mill in cap space to sign him.  AB won’t just settle let’s be clear on that.

2.  A team that is poised to make the playoffs and take a one year “prove it” contract.

 

Now go find that match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Redskins seem like a perfect fit. Deeply in need of WR help and Snyder seems like the the type who would welcome AB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

That would mean, in total, AB would be counting for $50M in cap space to 2 teams he never played a down for this year.

worst case scenario there and quite realistic, but if that were to happen i'd lose faith in the legal system and how these sports mega agents are able to manipulate it as much as i am disappointed in how far things have gone to the deep end with these spoiled athletes. do we blame the kids who act up, or the parents who have enabled them so long that acting up is part of the norm?

Edited by Pigskin Fanatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry everybody. After Brown’s public apology and Gruden’s comments I thought this story was over. I didn’t follow what took place last night with the video and the tweets. 

So now it makes sense. At least from the Raiders perspective. From Brown’s perspective who knows? He appears to be a moron. 

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steelwind said:

1.  A team will need 10+ mill in cap space to sign him.  AB won’t just settle let’s be clear on that.

2.  A team that is poised to make the playoffs and take a one year “prove it” contract.

 

Now go find that match.

is there ANY chance he plays for cheap just to piss off oakland?  Like signing in KC for the minimum would be hilarious.  Otherwise he's out of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

There is going to be quite the legal battle over that $30M. AB will certainly file a grievance against the Raiders arguing that his behavior wasn't "detrimental conduct" and that the Raiders were not entitled to void his guaranteed money.

IF he were to win (seems unlikely), not only would the Raiders owe Brown that $30M, it would all accelerate and be dead money on this year's cap.

That would mean, in total, AB would be counting for $50M in cap space to 2 teams he never played a down for this year.

As much as I'd love to see an arbitrator stick it to the Steelers and Raiders, no way should Brown win this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zamboni said:

Redskins seem like a perfect fit. Deeply in need of WR help and Snyder seems like the the type who would welcome AB.

What could go wrong.....I so hope this happens.:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy: AB is still one of the most talented WRs in the league--albeit a 31 year old one who appears to be a head case.  He will find another team but we don't know what the system or QB will be--so there is risk there. He will need to learn a new playbook and he didn't play in preseason at all and had issues with his feet.  

Dynasty: I would unload him for the best deal I could get; a 2020 first rounder would be a great deal.

Redraft: Given what you probably paid for him you have to hold and hope the landing place is NE or somewhere similar and not Seattle or Jacksonville or NYG.

NFL Reality: he can make a huge difference for a team that can deal with his ego and behavior and has the cap space and willingness to spend money. He won't settle for a low or medium deal--he will want something close to the 30 M he had.

 

Edited by az_prof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I want to repeat too: IMO Antonio Brown is not simply an elite NFL WR, as special as that is. I think he is the best WR since Jerry Rice, with all apologies to Calvin Johnson. So this is really a tragedy, unless he can somehow rehabilitate himself. 

Big Ben has made many WRs look great, including Juju Smith. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wilked said:

what you pay for t williams....$200 auction draft....if the draft was happening now

Depends on whether you're the guy who paid $25 for Brown 30 minutes ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soulfly3 said:

AB better than Megatron? 

I can't go that far. I just can't... 

No but I think he's a bit better than Gordon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kleck said:

All just a plow by AB to try and top Tyreek's guaranteed amount.

as in guaranteed not to happen?

Edited by Soulfly3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soulfly3 said:

AB better than Megatron? 

I can't go that far. I just can't... 

Agreed. AB is very good but IMHO he has proven to be a HOF quality WR yet and I am not convinced he isn't a product of the system and QB he played with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, [scooter] said:

Depends on whether you're the guy who paid $25 for Brown 30 minutes ago.

not me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, [scooter] said:

Depends on whether you're the guy who paid $25 for Brown 30 minutes ago.

I still wouldn't feel comfortable paying any more than #2 wr auction money for Williams.  Whatever that amount is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

Everyone stop with the new England and "Bill" will sign him. You all sound like espn analysts that get on their knees for them.

no, Belickick would sign him if AB would play on the cheap..absolutely would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when it's all said and done, I wouldnt be suprised one bit if all of Julio, Hopkins and OBJ are ranked ahead of AB since Megatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soulfly3 said:

AB better than Megatron? 

I can't go that far. I just can't... 

Well if you're choosing between them, you probably go Megatron, but in terms of route running and pure receiver skills as opposed to size and out physicaling people, I agree Brown is right there with Rice and Marvin Harrison for me.  I almost put Moss and Megatron in another freak skill quality, where their route running isn't as refined because it didn't have to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people think it would be expensive to get Antonio Brown? He can ask for all the guaranteed money he wants, no one will pay him anything but an incentive-laden contract now; he has no leverage.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Not sure.  I think Williams is the obvious top one but he got drafted in pretty much every league.  I think the only real move to make here is to grab Waller who should see his targets possibly double.

Hunter Renfrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wilked said:

what you pay for t williams....$200 auction draft....if the draft was happening now

Get Hunter Renfrow on the cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

Patriots, Cowboys, or Seahawks

None of them have the cap space to make it work.  Especially not Dallas.

Pats I honestly don't see it.  They won't put up with anything, and Brown isn't simply going to learn his lesson and be a perfect teammate.  Pats isn't happening.

Hawks maybe I guess.  I think it's equally as likely that no one signs him as it is that someone does.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

Well if you're choosing between them, you probably go Megatron, but in terms of route running and pure receiver skills as opposed to size and out physicaling people, I agree Brown is right there with Rice and Marvin Harrison for me.  I almost put Moss and Megatron in another freak skill quality, where their route running isn't as refined because it didn't have to be

On the list of best WR's since Jerry Rice, I might put Brown top 5, but he ain't ahead of Moss, Harrison, Owens or Calvin. I might put Julio ahead of him as well.  Brown's numbers were off the charts there for a few years, but remember that this is a pass-happy era and I don't think I've ever seen a QB force feed him the ball like Ben did for years.  Think of the numbers Julio Jones would put up if Matt Ryan force fed him the ball like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.