What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (4 Viewers)

Has me in 2 title games...possible 3 if Brees and Watson get it done tomorrow night.

Antonio.....I love you man.

You would think Denver would ####### know who to cover but no... Lets let the best ####### receiver in the NFL to roam free. #### you Denver. Thats my team but I hate them right now. Overrated fu ks. Antonio Brown scored more than my competitors QB. ####. Just ####!!!!

Brown has 99 receptions for 1,351 yards and 8 TDs in the 10 games in which Roethlisberger played the majority of the snaps at QB. Includes the Rams game in which Ben got hurt in the 3rd quarter and the Raiders game that Jones started but Ben came in in relief in the 1st quarter.

Extrapolating those stats over 16 games would give him 160-2162-13. In other words, if Roethlisberger hadn't gotten hurt, there was an excellent chance that he would have broken both Marvin Harrison's single season receptions record AND Calvin Johnson's single season yardage record in the same year.

The lesson as always : Mike Vick sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I save 2 bucks in auction and kicking myself

But have him 8n my keeper leagues :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Brown has 99 receptions for 1,351 yards and 8 TDs in the 10 games in which Roethlisberger played the majority of the snaps at QB. Includes the Rams game in which Ben got hurt in the 3rd quarter and the Raiders game that Jones started but Ben came in in relief in the 1st quarter.

Extrapolating those stats over 16 games would give him 160-2162-13. In other words, if Roethlisberger hadn't gotten hurt, there was an excellent chance that he would have broken both Marvin Harrison's single season receptions record AND Calvin Johnson's single season yardage record in the same year.

The lesson as always : Mike Vick sucks.
He will still break the receiving yards record. He is 379 yards away with games against Baltimore and Cleveland. Pitt has to win both games to stay in the playoffs. I'm guessing Ben and Tomlin know he is close. I'm expecting around 200 yards this weekend. :yes:

Got him with the first pick in my re-draft league and now that it's Week 16 I'm thinking I didn't enjoy him enough this season. He's a truly remarkable player and other than the Vick disaster and the Sherman bump in the road it's been a pretty epic season.

Two years ago he was a cornerstone for a championship (I forget if I got him in the 3rd or 2nd.). Really good, but I had Josh Gordon blowing up and hardly noticed. Last year I took him late 1st (& got trashed by my league mates) - he was so consistent. I led the league in points but totally fizzled in the playoffs. Just one of those things.

This year (1.04), he's had two historic games - OAK 17-284, DEN 16-189-2 - and 3-4 others where he blew FF games wide open. Not as consistent but the highs have been off the hook. Whether I win this week (8 game streak) or not, best team I've ever had.

Feel like I won't get him back. We randomize the order in June and draft the Sunday before Labor Day. Unless I draw the 1.01, I'll have to "settle" for OBJ, Julio or Nuk. Thinking the other guys might start noticing my WR/WR strategy keeps paying off in full PPR.

Two years ago he was a cornerstone for a championship (I forget if I got him in the 3rd or 2nd.). Really good, but I had Josh Gordon blowing up and hardly noticed. Last year I took him late 1st (& got trashed by my league mates) - he was so consistent. I led the league in points but totally fizzled in the playoffs. Just one of those things.

This year (1.04), he's had two historic games - OAK 17-284, DEN 16-189-2 - and 3-4 others where he blew FF games wide open. Not as consistent but the highs have been off the hook. Whether I win this week (8 game streak) or not, best team I've ever had.

Feel like I won't get him back. We randomize the order in June and draft the Sunday before Labor Day. Unless I draw the 1.01, I'll have to "settle" for OBJ, Julio or Nuk. Thinking the other guys might start noticing my WR/WR strategy keeps paying off in full PPR.
Yeah I'm resigned to not getting him next year unless I get the first pick again. Can't see anyone else going first in drafts next year.

Loving this guy in dynasty. Just makes watching football on Sunday much more enjoyable. I hope he can put up an epic game this weekend - come on AB, break that yardage record!

Yeah I'm resigned to not getting him next year unless I get the first pick again. Can't see anyone else going first in drafts next year.
Yeah, losing him in my keeper league after this season (3 keepers, can only keep twice.) Drafted him in 2013 in what amounted to the late 5th round!

What a great 3 years.

2013 110 1499 8
2014 129 1698 13
2015 116 1586 9 - So far
Helped me to the championship in 2013 (Thank to Peyton as well), 3rd in 2014 and in the finals in 2015.

There is no way I will get him back, will pick 15th or 16th next year.

Sad to see him go. :cry:

Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown caught 13-of-17 targets for 187 yards and a touchdown Week 17 against the Browns.

It was a fitting end to a record-setting regular season. Brown set the franchise record for receptions and yardage in a game with a 17-for-284 demolition of the Raiders, he became the first player in NFL history to have multiple 16-catch games in a single season, he became the first player in league history to record back-to-back, 125-catch seasons, and he set the record for most catches in a two-year span with 265. His 1,834 receiving yards are the fourth-most in NFL history. The scary thing is his season could have been even bigger had Ben Roethlisberger not sat out four games. Brown should be a force in the playoffs, and he will be a legitimate candidate for the No. 1 overall selection in fantasy drafts next summer.

Jan 3 - 4:25 PM

Faust said:
Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown caught 13-of-17 targets for 187 yards and a touchdown Week 17 against the Browns.

It was a fitting end to a record-setting regular season. Brown set the franchise record for receptions and yardage in a game with a 17-for-284 demolition of the Raiders, he became the first player in NFL history to have multiple 16-catch games in a single season, he became the first player in league history to record back-to-back, 125-catch seasons, and he set the record for most catches in a two-year span with 265. His 1,834 receiving yards are the fourth-most in NFL history. The scary thing is his season could have been even bigger had Ben Roethlisberger not sat out four games. Brown should be a force in the playoffs, and he will be a legitimate candidate for the No. 1 overall selection in fantasy drafts next summer.

I won my Toilet Bowl this year, giving me the first choice of draft slot next season.

There is a 99% chance I will choose the 1.01 and take Antonio.

Faust said:
Rotoworld:

I won my Toilet Bowl this year, giving me the first choice of draft slot next season.

ppr?

Faust said:
Rotoworld:

ppr?
Yes, it's all I play.

But yeah, I should have stated that.

Faust said:
Rotoworld:

ppr?
Yes, it's all I play.

But yeah, I should have stated that.
yahe likely goes #1 in most ppr leagues. julio, odb, hopkins can fight it out for next few.

Faust said:
Rotoworld:

ppr?
Antonio was the highest scoring non-QB in my standard league as well. Decent case to be made for him even in that format.

Although I suppose in that case, positional scarcity let's a couple RBs creep into the conversation.

Wasn't ppr supposed to balance the positions? Seems like ppr has just turned FF as WR-heavy as it used to be RB-driven.

The NFL is so damn dangerous, it's crazy that is almost a lock to play next week. If he was a boxer, he wouldn't be allowed to even spar for 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread