What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (8 Viewers)

Awful post. Laughable actually. 
Sure he can throw over 15.  But successfully?   

And wait till Brown tries yelling at Brady.  Can’t wait to see what happens.  

If Gronk comes back and Brown acts up, Gronk is gonna hulk smash him. 

@Todem, that is. The Pats are going to regret this for a long time, though. 
Nah.  The Pats had Moss, Dillon, Gordon, etc, etc, when other teams said they were headaches and it worked out pretty okay.  

They had a freaking murderer on their team and they handled their business okay.  Th ePats don't regret, they adjust and move on. 

AB has a problem with the “owner mentality “ of Ben , wait until he gets a load of Brady 
Brady may come across kind of douchey but I can’t recall any of his past teammates coming out and saying bad things about him.

He’s well liked by his teammates.  I bet AB ends up loving him.

Nah.  The Pats had Moss, Dillon, Gordon, etc, etc, when other teams said they were headaches and it worked out pretty okay.  

They had a freaking murderer on their team and they handled their business okay.  Th ePats don't regret, they adjust and move on. 
Antonio is crazier than all of them.  (Unless this was all an act to get cut)

Lot of mouths to feed between Edelman, Gordon, White, AB, etc. 

i don’t see this as quite the jackpot some do. ABs target share seems likely to be lower in NE than OAK. 

That could be offset by a more efficient offense,  and as others have pointed out:

1. brady’s arm isn’t as good as it used to be (not exaggeratedly bad,  but not Randy’s amiss era either) 

2. The Pats run a lot more than they used to & I don’t see that changing just because they signed AB.

Definitely a positive for AB,  since Brady is an upgrade over Carr, & the Pats are better than the Raiders.

but it’s not the total jackpot one might think. Brown’s overall numbers could take a hit by comparison. That’s on the realm of possibility. 

Also on that spectrum is AB not getting enough love, pouring & becoming a problem child in NE. 

Agreed. And I’m a lifelong Steelers fan, detest New England, but I don’t agree with @irish eyes. Browns a loudmouth but he’s a great player. I bear no ill will. I want the Pats to lose every game but I wanted that before he got there. I wish him well. 
Why are you wishing well to a deceitful ungrateful narcissist. It's mind boggling actually. It really is

• Smile
Reactions: J R
1) i doubt he was crazier than Hernandez and you never saw it interfere with the play until he actually got charged.  think about it, they said he was a WEIRD dude and they didn't even know he had killed a man and was still showing up to work and saying yes sir to Brady and Hoodie.

2) I am certain this was an act to get out of Oakland. 

This has to kill James White don't it? He was gonna be my perfect flex.

This helps my Bronco defense Monday night. 

I took Hunter Renfrow in round 20 of my draft. Maybe there is something here.

I doubt most will get the reference, but this whole Brown saga, kinda reminds me of Brian Pillman getting himself fired from WCW to go to WWF. Pretending to be crazy, just to manipulate your situation into what you want it to be. 

i don’t see this as quite the jackpot some do. ABs target share seems likely to be lower in NE than OAK. 

That could be offset by a more efficient offense,  and as others have pointed out:

1. brady’s arm isn’t as good as it used to be (not exaggeratedly bad,  but not Randy’s amiss era either) 

2. The Pats run a lot more than they used to & I don’t see that changing just because they signed AB.

Definitely a positive for AB,  since Brady is an upgrade over Carr, & the Pats are better than the Raiders.

but it’s not the total jackpot one might think. Brown’s overall numbers could take a hit by comparison. That’s on the realm of possibility. 

Also on that spectrum is AB not getting enough love, pouring & becoming a problem child in NE. 
When are you guys gonna learn you NEVER call out the GOAT.  People are gonna start saying that and about week 3, Brady is gonna have a 450/5 TD game...and then follow it up with about 3-4 TDs each week until people shut up.  Its the Patriot way. 

So does anyone know what happens to the Raiders?  The picks they gave up to the Steelers do they get those back?   Or, do the Raiders just get squat? 

This has probably been discussed on previous pages, but are we ruling out a call from Brown to Bill right after the Mayock/Fine incidents where Bill told him he'd sign him if he was released?

This has probably been discussed on previous pages, but are we ruling out a call from Brown to Bill right after the Mayock/Fine incidents where Bill told him he'd sign him if he was released?
Was this before or after AB released the Gruden phone call???

Part of the trade between the RAiders and Steelers, the Steelers had to pay a BUNCH of ABs contract the next 2 years. 

Does all of this mean they are released from this?

if so, does it free up salary cap space?

The QB upgrade is massive. He is clearly going to be the number 1 target. He may not get force fed like he would have in Oakland but the quality of target and overall effeciency will more than make up for it. New England's offensive line is much better.  Brown is clearly a top 9 WR with top 5 upside at this point. 

Have AB on 3 teams and thought he might miss a lot of time. 

Billy B. does it again.  This is why they are the best organization in the NFL.  Wait until Gronk returns in a month or so.

I think the Patriots did this to divert attention away from the Bob Kraft Rub n Tug situation.......and to get one of the best receivers of all time.

When are you guys gonna learn you NEVER call out the GOAT.  People are gonna start saying that and about week 3, Brady is gonna have a 450/5 TD game...and then follow it up with about 3-4 TDs each week until people shut up.  Its the Patriot way. 
 Why don’t you quote somebody who’s being unrealistic instead. :rolleyes:  

When are you guys gonna learn you NEVER call out the GOAT.  People are gonna start saying that and about week 3, Brady is gonna have a 450/5 TD game...and then follow it up with about 3-4 TDs each week until people shut up.  Its the Patriot way. Brown gets upset that Edelman and Gordon are getting more targets than him and throws his helmet at Brady, breaking his right hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
PFF ranked Brady as their #1 QB for 2019. Guys suggesting he can’t throw more than eight feet are kidding themselves. 

Users who are viewing this thread