What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (12 Viewers)

Not enough. Add a zero to your hourly rate. I remember their Deflategate investigation, report, and court case cost like $22 million. My particular favorite was when they tested the PSI levels across the league the following season. Funny how they never released their findings.
Almost as funny as to what happened to all those tapes of other teams' signals and walkthroughs the Patriots made. :shrug:

He’s an idiot and clearly a #####... but, I’ll await due process on wishing the destruction on his ability to make money and provide for his family. 
Agreed. Nobody wants to see his family have to scrape by on a meager $30 million (and counting).

Michael McCann chimed in on a legal perspective on the recent developments. LINK
McCann writes for SI, which is the one that reported the dirt on AB this week.

To summarize, Brown could be subjected to state police involvement although he doesn't really think that will happen. He believes that for things to qualify as criminal harassment, Brown would have to repeatedly contact the woman and continue to display a pattern of intent to contact the woman against her wishes. It doesn't appear Brown has done anything to that level. The other component he mentions is the woman is entitled to a right to privacy . . . but given that her information has been blasted all over the internet (and not by Brown), that part doesn't seem to fit either. So probably not a great case and even more difficult to prove.

He does point out that the league has so far not acted on player communication, words, and threats as a basis for punishment but has acted on violent actions. But his position is that RG has plenty of ammunition to put AB on the exempt list. And he also feels enough may enough for NE and they could be reaching a point where that might be willing to move on. The issue remains as if a higher volume of similar incidents is enough to push Brown to the exempt list (or off the Patriots).

Like you, I also haven't done anything noteworthy and have nothing more than one speeding ticket and one parking ticket to show for it. I have never been charged with a crime and have no record. But anyone that did digging would uncover the following.

Decades ago, I thought I was happily married and had two little kids. My wife at the time was apparently not happily married and strayed. She took off and left me with two kids in diapers. She emptied out our bank account on the way out the door. She also hadn't paid any bills in months (which I didn't know) and left me in the lurch. Nasty divorce and court case ensued.

False allegations were raised that I regularly beat her and abused her. No evidence, no witnesses, no police reports, no medical records, just her crying on the witness stand making the allegations. She was so convincing that my own attorneys wanted to drop me because I was such a monster. Suddenly I was investigated for all sorts of things and word leaked out that I was an alleged abuser. This went on FOR YEARS. People parted like the red sea and I was shunned.

For example, my former mother-in-law testified that I was drunk and disorderly and went on and on about the crazy behavior I displayed. She made it out like I had Bacardi on an IV drip every night. On cross, she admitted the only time she ever saw or heard of me drinking was once and only once and the kids were with an adult babysitter that night.

As the years went by, suddenly the private pre-school / kindergarten where the kids went got involved and basically wanted me to take my kids elsewhere. I did nothing to anyone there (teachers, administrators, kids, etc.), yet they didn't like the whispers they were hearing. That was rolled into an allegation by my ex- that I had abused the kids. Another investigation was launched and I was under constant scrutiny.

This went on for FIVE YEARS. Every time we went to court, there were new allegations. I was a hardcore drug user. I was an alcoholic. The kids were in danger. How could the court continue to leave the kids with a "monster." We finally got divorced and I got awarded the kids. None of her allegations held up after countless investigations.

After all that . . . things continued on FOR TEN MORE YEARS. In court once or twice a year for any possible minor issue. One of the kids got a cold . . . therefore I wasn't dressing them appropriately. One of the kids got a cavity . . . I must not be feeding them properly. One of them was playing catch and missed the ball and got a bruise . . . all the court heard was her version that I punched him in the face. I was constantly under investigation by Children and Youth Services. They were at my house so regularly that I had coffee and tea ready for the same case worker and investigator that had to come and make sure there was food in the fridge, no guns laying around, no evidence of drug use, no safety concerns, etc. Even the investigator felt badly for me that there was never any merit to the allegations but they had to come check on them anyway. I didn't get angry . . . she was doing her job.

She fabricated stories that I attacked her. That I threatened her. That I smashed her car windows in with a golf club or a baseball bat. Since her attorneys kept telling he she needed actual evidence of abuse to either her or the kids, one time she beat herself up and took pictures and tried to pass off that I did it. The problem she ran into was when she described her story in great detail and swore up and down on the details and the date, I was 1,000 miles away and hadn't been around for a week before and a week after.

Bottom line, all of this cost me six figures to defend myself for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I had a job, I lived in a house in a good neighborhood, I raised my kids, and I was absolutely squeaky clean. But if the media got involved, I would look like I belonged on the FBI's Most Wanted List. They would have a field day with me about DOZENS of allegations. The press could talk to my ex, her family, and her friends and I would look like a serial sex abuser, child molester, wife beater, and drug abusing alcoholic.

So yeah, I am a little touchy when it comes to allegations.
Damn dude, that is MESSED UP!  I'm so sorry you and your kids had to deal with that for so long.  What's crazy to me is that SHE is the one who strayed and was unfaithful but yet treated you like the one who cheated on her.  She was bat-poop crazy, wasn't she?  

Damn dude, that is MESSED UP!  I'm so sorry you and your kids had to deal with that for so long.  What's crazy to me is that SHE is the one who strayed and was unfaithful but yet treated you like the one who cheated on her.  She was bat-poop crazy, wasn't she?  
I could go on and on, but you pretty much hit the nail on the head. There's actually way more to the story that makes it even crazier. The unfortunate outcome was after years in court, eventually we got to 50/50 custody. And then after one of her crazy accusations I ended up losing custody of one of the kids to her on a complete BS maneuver. 

Pretending to be all concerned that the kids were having a hard time, she asked that we go to family counseling (her, me, and the two kids). We set an appointment and went to meet with a therapist and went 6 or 8 times. However, when we went, we both had to sign an initial intake form. We had to include a description of why we wanted to meet with a counselor. She wrote down what I just mentioned (kids having a hard time adjusting). I signed it and thought we were done.

Imagine my surprise when we ended up in court and I was asked about the kids going to counseling and why we had gone there. That intake form was presented as evidence and I was asked if I had signed it. And wouldn't you know, now it read . . . "Kids having a hard time adjusting due to physical abuse and emotional trauma caused by father at his home." She ADDED that little tidbit after I had signed the first part and THEN submitted it to the counselor.

That's when she alleged I went crazy and threatened her, threatened to beat up our son again, and broke her car windows at her apartment. The police took her allegations so seriously that they parked an unmarked cruiser on a stakeout down the street from her house for three days to make sure I didn't come back to finish her off. They put out an APB to bring me in but apparently couldn't locate me. I didn't even find out about it until we went to court.

She demanded a court investigator (again) to investigate me (the cost of which usually is split between the parties), but I said enough is enough, how many times are we going to go through the same dog and pony show? The court ordered another investigation provided she signed that she would be fully responsible for paying for it. Of course, she never paid the guy and then he came after me for payment even though THE COURT said I was not obligated to pay. He argued that the the collection of court investigators has an agreement with the court that both parties are fully responsible to pay for investigators and the court could not go against that doctrine. So he refused to honor the court order that I was not financially responsible and came after me and suited me for payment. Literally, you can't make this stuff up.

So she ended up getting custody of our son and I had to start giving her child support. After that, without telling me, she moved 2,000 miles away to live with someone else. But she left the kids behind. It started dawning on me that something was up when they kept bugging me for rides, money, food, etc. What sort of a person leaves two teenagers unattended to live on their own? (My daughter continued to go back and forth between my house and my ex's.) Finally they fessed up and said they hadn't even seen their mom for 6-8 months. I immediately stopped giving her child support, but there was no point in pursuing anything through the court. By the time we would have gone back to court, the kids would have been 18 and therefore the court would have nothing to decide anymore because they would have aged out of the court being able to make decisions for them. Talk about mentally exhausting.

EDIT TO ADD: I forgot to mention that her uncle was the chief of police, who manipulated the court case and threatened to have someone "find" a baggy of cocaine in my car on a traffic stop. If anyone knows who to report a chief of police to, I would have been all years at the time. And good luck trying to report him, like anyone would have taken me seriously. Yeah, this was an ordeal that I thought I mostly have blocked out . . . but I guess I never really did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like you, I also haven't done anything noteworthy and have nothing more than one speeding ticket and one parking ticket to show for it. I have never been charged with a crime and have no record. But anyone that did digging would uncover the following.

Decades ago, I thought I was happily married and had two little kids. My wife at the time was apparently not happily married and strayed. She took off and left me with two kids in diapers. She emptied out our bank account on the way out the door. She also hadn't paid any bills in months (which I didn't know) and left me in the lurch. Nasty divorce and court case ensued.

False allegations were raised that I regularly beat her and abused her. No evidence, no witnesses, no police reports, no medical records, just her crying on the witness stand making the allegations. She was so convincing that my own attorneys wanted to drop me because I was such a monster. Suddenly I was investigated for all sorts of things and word leaked out that I was an alleged abuser. This went on FOR YEARS. People parted like the red sea and I was shunned.

For example, my former mother-in-law testified that I was drunk and disorderly and went on and on about the crazy behavior I displayed. She made it out like I had Bacardi on an IV drip every night. On cross, she admitted the only time she ever saw or heard of me drinking was once and only once and the kids were with an adult babysitter that night.

As the years went by, suddenly the private pre-school / kindergarten where the kids went got involved and basically wanted me to take my kids elsewhere. I did nothing to anyone there (teachers, administrators, kids, etc.), yet they didn't like the whispers they were hearing. That was rolled into an allegation by my ex- that I had abused the kids. Another investigation was launched and I was under constant scrutiny.

This went on for FIVE YEARS. Every time we went to court, there were new allegations. I was a hardcore drug user. I was an alcoholic. The kids were in danger. How could the court continue to leave the kids with a "monster." We finally got divorced and I got awarded the kids. None of her allegations held up after countless investigations.

After all that . . . things continued on FOR TEN MORE YEARS. In court once or twice a year for any possible minor issue. One of the kids got a cold . . . therefore I wasn't dressing them appropriately. One of the kids got a cavity . . . I must not be feeding them properly. One of them was playing catch and missed the ball and got a bruise . . . all the court heard was her version that I punched him in the face. I was constantly under investigation by Children and Youth Services. They were at my house so regularly that I had coffee and tea ready for the same case worker and investigator that had to come and make sure there was food in the fridge, no guns laying around, no evidence of drug use, no safety concerns, etc. Even the investigator felt badly for me that there was never any merit to the allegations but they had to come check on them anyway. I didn't get angry . . . she was doing her job.

She fabricated stories that I attacked her. That I threatened her. That I smashed her car windows in with a golf club or a baseball bat. Since her attorneys kept telling he she needed actual evidence of abuse to either her or the kids, one time she beat herself up and took pictures and tried to pass off that I did it. The problem she ran into was when she described her story in great detail and swore up and down on the details and the date, I was 1,000 miles away and hadn't been around for a week before and a week after.

Bottom line, all of this cost me six figures to defend myself for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I had a job, I lived in a house in a good neighborhood, I raised my kids, and I was absolutely squeaky clean. But if the media got involved, I would look like I belonged on the FBI's Most Wanted List. They would have a field day with me about DOZENS of allegations. The press could talk to my ex, her family, and her friends and I would look like a serial sex abuser, child molester, wife beater, and drug abusing alcoholic.

Man really sorry to hear you had to go through this.  

holy ####

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1174912990333685760

I'm sorry not enough facepalms for this.
"A man who sounded like AB answered. I introduced myself. He hung up. In a text, I asked him if he would share proof of his claim that the woman asked him for money. He replied “foh clown”   So we’re extremely confident that’s AB who sent the text messages."

Which part convinced them this is AB?  The fact that somebody answered the phone who "sounded like AB"? Or was it the "foh clown"?  This just gets crazier all the time.  I have no clue how you can confidently identify someone from answering a phone or texting "foh clown".   In the words of Col. Jessup, "Please tell me you have something more."  Please tell me you haven't pinned your claims on an unidentified man saying "hello" and a text message saying "foh clown".  Please tell me this isn't the depth of your claim that this has to be AB.

Look, I believe AB sent the text, and I suspect that will come out in short order, but this is not especially convincing.  By all accounts, AB is a racist, a womanizer, a thug and about as bright as a dirt clod, but until there is more than mere accusations, he should be allowed to play.  That said, I don't believe it will take much evidence to convince Roger Goodell to put AB on the Exempt List.

You're correct in there does not seem to be a direct threat, but just the act of targeting her via messaging and posting pictures of her children while asking this mysterious "Eric B" to "look into her background history" can certainly be seen as threatening.

Her lawyer makes a strong point about this sort of behavior being a primary reason why women are afraid to come forward.

Having said that... has it been confirmed that this group text was sent by AB? If it was, I believe that he will be taking a seat.
What makes this interesting, I think, is that whether or not the intent was to threaten and/or intimidate, her lawyer can credibly spin it that way....

"these text messages, which are clearly intended to threaten and intimidate her"

pretty sure the exempt list or a short suspension is coming for this specific episode.

I could go on and on, but you pretty much hit the nail on the head. There's actually way more to the story that makes it even crazier. The unfortunate outcome was after years in court, eventually we got to 50/50 custody. And then after one of her crazy accusations I ended up losing custody of one of the kids to her on a complete BS maneuver. 

Pretending to be all concerned that the kids were having a hard time, she asked that we go to family counseling (her, me, and the two kids). We set an appointment and went to meet with a therapist and went 6 or 8 times. However, when we went, we both had to sign an initial intake form. We had to include a description of why we wanted to meet with a counselor. She wrote down what I just mentioned (kids having a hard time adjusting). I signed it and thought we were done.

Imagine my surprise when we ended up in court and I was asked about the kids going to counseling and why we had gone there. That intake form was presented as evidence and I was asked if I had signed it. And wouldn't you know, now it read . . . "Kids having a hard time adjusting due to physical abuse and emotional trauma caused by father at his home." She ADDED that little tidbit after I had signed the first part and THEN submitted it to the counselor.

That's when she alleged I went crazy and threatened her, threatened to beat up our son again, and broke her car windows at her apartment. The police took her allegations so seriously that they parked an unmarked cruiser on a stakeout down the street from her house for three days to make sure I didn't come back to finish her off. They put out an APB to bring me in but apparently couldn't locate me. I didn't even find out about it until we went to court.

She demanded a court investigator (again) to investigate me (the cost of which usually is split between the parties), but I said enough is enough, how many times are we going to go through the same dog and pony show? The court ordered another investigation provided she signed that she would be fully responsible for paying for it. Of course, she never paid the guy and then he came after me for payment even though THE COURT said I was not obligated to pay. He argued that the the collection of court investigators has an agreement with the court that both parties are fully responsible to pay for investigators and the court could not go against that doctrine. So he refused to honor the court order that I was not financially responsible and came after me and suited me for payment. Literally, you can't make this stuff up.

So she ended up getting custody of our son and I had to start giving her child support. After that, without telling me, she moved 2,000 miles away to live with someone else. But she left the kids behind. It started dawning on me that something was up when they kept bugging me for rides, money, food, etc. What sort of a person leaves two teenagers unattended to live on their own? (My daughter continued to go back and forth between my house and my ex's.) Finally they fessed up and said they hadn't even seen their mom for 6-8 months. I immediately stopped giving her child support, but there was no point in pursuing anything through the court. By the time we would have gone back to court, the kids would have been 18 and therefore the court would have nothing to decide anymore because they would have aged out of the court being able to make decisions for them. Talk about mentally exhausting.
Damn dude.

That said, I don't believe it will take much evidence to convince Roger Goodell to put AB on the Exempt List.
I think any sane person thinks Brown is not a good person to the highest degree. But the issue will be if Goodell acts on this, will he be opening things up that in the future, any civil court filings, social media posts, isolated texts or emails, YouTube videos, unverified media reports, and similar accusations will result in players getting placed on the exempt list (or suspended). We all know the lifestyles these players lead and we also know that there are plenty of women lining up to partake in such a lifestyle. I get that not all of them are going to file lawsuits (and hopefully not many are assaulted), but as much as we want to condemn Brown for what he is doing, exempting AB would encourage others to make allegations (and potentially file more lawsuits).

To make an extreme example, say the Chiefs win the AFCCG and are headed to the Super Bowl against the Cowboys. Mahomes is from Texas. Out of the woodwork, an old flame immediately files a civil suit claiming he assaulted her and sues him for damages. Assume they had some sort of relationship and it becomes a he said she said. Now what? If Brown gets exempted, Mahomes should have to be too. But people will say "but this case is different." Would that situation really be all that different? People will say Mahomes hasn't acted crazy . . . but there would be a media feeding frenzy on Mahomes just like there is now with Brown. It could very easily end up with where we are now with AB. None of this excuses Brown's behavior, but it will be tough for RG to review more cases like this and come to completely different conclusions. 

Thanks for sharing that painful history.

My little contribution is to mention that my wife is a victim of sexual abuse for over a decade during her childhood and she consistently says the only person she hates more than the rapist is the false accuser, because of the damage they perpetrate on others directly (innocent alleged perpetrators) and indirectly (real victims).

I have a friend who's husband spent time in jail for having relations with a 17 year old who had a fake ID saying she was 21.

I remember Robin Givens getting half.

Money grabs are real, even if #MeToo wants to overlook that to leverage its societal inertia.

Interesting. See, I know my organization would fire a doctor who behaved in this say, even if he was top 5 in the world. 

Entertainment industry is different, for obvious reasons, but this statement above is quite ridiculous as a retort to anyone who says theyd be fired
Plenty of CEOs that get away with lots of garbage as well. This behavior is also prevalent in academia and I'm sure plenty of industries.

I think any sane person thinks Brown is not a good person to the highest degree. But the issue will be if Goodell acts on this, will he be opening things up that in the future, any civil court filings, social media posts, isolated texts or emails, YouTube videos, unverified media reports, and similar accusations will result in players getting placed on the exempt list (or suspended). We all know the lifestyles these players lead and we also know that there are plenty of women lining up to partake in such a lifestyle. I get that not all of them are going to file lawsuits (and hopefully not many are assaulted), but as much as we want to condemn Brown for what he is doing, exempting AB would encourage others to make allegations (and potentially file more lawsuits).

To make an extreme example, say the Chiefs win the AFCCG and are headed to the Super Bowl against the Cowboys. Mahomes is from Texas. Out of the woodwork, an old flame immediately files a civil suit claiming he assaulted her and sues him for damages. Assume they had some sort of relationship and it becomes a he said she said. Now what? If Brown gets exempted, Mahomes should have to be too. But people will say "but this case is different." Would that situation really be all that different? People will say Mahomes hasn't acted crazy . . . but there would be a media feeding frenzy on Mahomes just like there is now with Brown. It could very easily end up with where we are now with AB. None of this excuses Brown's behavior, but it will be tough for RG to review more cases like this and come to completely different conclusions. 
That is why I said "until there is more than mere accusations, he should be allowed to play."  I simply do not think the threshold of corroborating evidence is going to be particularly high in this case, given the multitude of alleged incidents and the corresponding media frenzy.  Each case should be evaluated independent of other cases that have preceded it and decided on its own merits, so Goodell should not worry about how this affects future cases.  The exempt list is a tool available to the League, but I do not support using it to truncate the investigative process.  I can foresee situations where a claim is so egregious that it would be necessary to invoke such a measure (exempting a player until the League is able to investigate the matter), but I do not think this rises to that level.

To make an extreme example, say the Chiefs win the AFCCG and are headed to the Super Bowl against the Cowboys. Mahomes is from Texas. Out of the woodwork, an old flame immediately files a civil suit claiming he assaulted her and sues him for damages. Assume they had some sort of relationship and it becomes a he said she said. Now what? If Brown gets exempted, Mahomes should have to be too. But people will say "but this case is different." Would that situation really be all that different?
One big difference is that there wouldn't be the calvacade of bad behavior in the months leading up to Mahomes hypothetical civil suit.

I don't think an in-a-vacuum, singular civil suit is comparable to Brown's past several months. Mahomes would be treated differently. I think it would go more like Jerome Bettis' 2002 accusations -- a woman accused Bettis of sexual assault, but her story didn't stand up to even cursory investigation and the case was dropped in less than two months.

I have been begging for the NFL for at least a decade  to scrap their system of justice involving player conduct and punishment and map out an actual schedule of what constitutes a violation and what the defined penalties will be (the same goes for teams and on-field rules infractions). Life would be so much easier for the league (and for fans to continue to be fans) if the CBA clearly stated that if a player does X, then the penalty is Y for a first offense and Z for a second offense, etc. More importantly, they need to stick to that, apply those rules equally, and then most of this type of stuff would most likely go away (or be reduced). Given the league's rulings over the years, they literally look like they threw a dart at a dartboard to determine their decisions. If Goodell wants to make an example of Brown, have at it . . . just make sure downstream you act in kind and respond accordingly.
Yeah, but my guess is that even the best list probably wouldn't have had an entry for "approached an acquaintance who has shown no previous romantic interest while wearing only a wash cloth covering the genitals"

Bye. May he never touch a field again.

May the world never forget Bill wanted to look the other way and did so after he concocted a get away scheme for said player then let him play for a week even after the reports were out.

A little different direction here, but just watched the highlights of Belichick's presser today which ended with him walking out after a 5th consecutive AB/off field question...

Is this exactly what reporters have been waiting for? They've been subjected to BB's "I hate answering questions" schtick for so many years, and now they have a story that they really do have the right to ask about, and BB cannot stand it. Will this "wow, we're actually bothering Bill Belichick" be a daily thing?

That's gotta be it for him, right? At least for this year. Only way I see him making it back to the NFL is if he lays low over the next year and the investigations somehow reveal that the women are definitely lying. At that point, maybe some team takes a chance.

A little different direction here, but just watched the highlights of Belichick's presser today which ended with him walking out after a 5th consecutive AB/off field question...

Is this exactly what reporters have been waiting for? They've been subjected to BB's "I hate answering questions" schtick for so many years, and now they have a story that they really do have the right to ask about, and BB cannot stand it. Will this "wow, we're actually bothering Bill Belichick" be a daily thing?
never mind

I was buying in spots where I could. It's amazing that AB can't keep his mouth shut. He is literally unraveling before our eyes. It's tough to think he will get another shot this year. Maybe he gets another spin if he keeps out of trouble for the year. 

As a Raider fan, multiple-league Josh Gordon owner, and forever til the day he dies Tony Clown hater,

#### YEAH

Eat it a fat bag of them, TC!

There's a statement out. Something about deciding to go in a different direction. :rolleyes:

Here it is
The New England Patriots are releasing Antonio Brown. We appreciate the hard work of many people over the past 11 days, but we feel that it is best to move in a different direction at this time.

Thanks for sharing that painful history.

My little contribution is to mention that my wife is a victim of sexual abuse for over a decade during her childhood and she consistently says the only person she hates more than the rapist is the false accuser, because of the damage they perpetrate on others directly (innocent alleged perpetrators) and indirectly (real victims).

I have a friend who's husband spent time in jail for having relations with a 17 year old who had a fake ID saying she was 21.

I remember Robin Givens getting half.

Money grabs are real, even if #MeToo wants to overlook that to leverage its societal inertia.
Taking another side bar, part of the problem is once momentum starts gaining full steam, accusations turn into rumors, rumors turn into gossip, gossip suddenly becomes fact, and then there is a mob mentality.

Here's an example. I've coached multiple youth sports for 15 or 20 years. One year I coached our son's baseball team and we had a Friday evening practice. My son had something else going on and was out of town, but I still held the practice. There was a girl on the team that had just turned 13 and was new in town. Practice ended but no one picked her up. Her parents had just gotten divorced and I called each of them and no one answered. We sat like two bumps on a log and waited for an hour at the field. It was pitch back in a remote location, and obviously I was not going to leave her alone. We drove to her house, which was locked up solid. I tried calling the parents again to no avail. I tried checking to see if any neighbors were around. No luck there either. I tried calling the head of the baseball program and the head of the youth sports program. No one answered those calls and left messages.

Not having any other avenues, I took her home. I had pizza delivered, plunked her down on my couch and let her hang out and watch TV. Unfortunately, we were the only ones there. Two hours later the mom called asking what was going on. She got mad . . . at her ex-husband . . . because she said it was his weekend to have her. He called a little while later and said actually, it was mom's weekend. I indicated to both of them that I am not a babysitter, and someone needed to come get her. But no one did right away, and when I called them both back, neither one answered.

Mom apparently was on a date and finally got home and checked her voicemail and found out her daughter was still with me. The father was out of town and out of state. Obviously he wasn't going to get the girl. Finally the mom showed up at my house after 1 AM to collect her daughter and then went ballistic at me that I had been home alone with her for hours.

Of course, the next day the mother did a deep dive on me on-line and found reference to my ongoing court issues including allegations that I abused my kids. She immediately went to the youth association demanding that I never coach anything again and that I had been alone with her daughter for hours. Of course she brought up the other allegations and threatened to sue them.

Clearly I did not harm her daughter in any way (and the daughter supported that, saying that I fed her and entertained her while waiting for someone to get her). Yet I got no thanks for feeding her and watching her for over 6 hours. Somehow in all of that, people tried to play me out as the bad guy. I ended up being allowed to continue on as a coach, but when the board voted people actually voted against me being allowed to remain as coach. 

That's gotta be it for him, right? At least for this year. Only way I see him making it back to the NFL is if he lays low over the next year and the investigations somehow reveal that the women are definitely lying. At that point, maybe some team takes a chance.
I don't see him making it to the end of the week without another social media implosion. Dude cannot cope without a spotlight anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread