Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Out of his Head - NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

1 minute ago, ffjunk said:

When Henry Ford talks, I listen. I think intimidation is how the recipient feels about it, not how the sender feels. He's just dumb to do it. I think his career is coming to an abrupt end.

I don’t know if his career will be okay or not, but if he had been my client this morning he wouldn’t be this afternoon. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ffjunk said:

Did she go to the NFL and the Media or did the NFL leak this? 

Probably her lawyer did. If she were my client I would send it to the media, and I hate litigating in the media.  

This is potentially a safety issue. Every person on that chain needs to know everyone is aware of the text chain and to lay off.  Completely. 

If the NFL did, I can think of no other reason than to justify an upcoming suspension. 

• Like 3

Just now, Henry Ford said:

Probably her lawyer did. If she were my client I would send it to the media, and I hate litigating in the media.  

This is potentially a safety issue. Every person on that chain needs to know everyone is aware of the text chain and to lay off.  Completely. 

If the NFL did, I can think of no other reason than to justify an upcoming suspension. 

You are spot on today

2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

He included her on a group chat asking other people to dig up information on her.  It’s clearly an attempt to intimidate her. 

Exactly. I'm not sure why that's hard for some to grasp.

Trying to step into her shoes... she receives a group message from the person she pointed a finger at... he posts pictures of her children, asking one of his "investigators" (???) to look into her, he responds with "send me her info bro"...

Yes, pretty obvious to see why she (right-fully so) did not take this lightly given recent actions of the person behind the message and the resources available to him (not to mention the unconditional love he receives for being an NFL superstar creating a Teflon Don persona).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brewer said:

Send a photo of my kids to anyone in almost any context and we are going to have a conversation.

Not trying to be a tool here, but is it just the picture that is gnawing at you?
Aren't the picture(s) he included posted on social media (ie anyone can view them)?
Would including a link instead have also been considered inappropriate?

2 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

God, I hope AB ends up broke post NFL

When you think you are bigger than the game itself, it's a huge mistake. He's made the worst decisions for himself over and over again. 

Just now, fruity pebbles said:

You are spot on today

Thanks.  I’m on a lot of painkillers. Probably keeps me objective by keeping me from actually caring or overthinking. 

1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

Not trying to be a tool here, but is it just the picture that is gnawing at you?
Aren't the picture(s) he included posted on social media (ie anyone can view them)?

The existence of the chat with her on it is inappropriate. 

Just now, Anarchy99 said:

What is the point of including the kids photo?  No, using a link to a photo of anyone's kids is also not ok.  Just don't include kids in matters of adults.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Also, if you and I got in an ifight on here and I started exactly this text chain as a kind of thread, posting pictures of your kids and talking smack about you while I did, I hope you’d tell Joe or David and probably the police.  It wouldn’t be an overreaction. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I don’t know if his career will be okay or not, but if he had been my client this morning he wouldn’t be this afternoon. 

his attorney flat out said "you'll notice i didnt reply/respond" to the group chat

man wants out 

Just now, Soulfly3 said:

his attorney flat out said "you'll notice i didnt reply/respond" to the group chat

man wants out 

His attorney was included on the group chat? Jesus Christ. 

Just now, Henry Ford said:

His attorney was included on the group chat? Jesus Christ. 

Let me find the tweet w that quote from the lawyer. Gimme a minute. 

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

You lost me here. 

He sent intimidating text messages to a woman who claimed he sexually assaulted her & included pictures of her children. 😳

Thats....not good. 

On another note, how powerful is Nike? I mean, they dropped him yesterday before this news broke. Makes you wonder if a little bird told them this was coming before the public/media knew. 

The woman in question is the one who said he approached her in his house wearing a wash cloth to cover himself. She never alleged he assaulted her, she never said he touched her, and from what I remember, her commentary was that she described the encounter as inappropriate and making her feel uncomfortable. But the public has the perception that this is a second woman that he sexually assaulted. Read what he sent her. Some people will conclude it was threatening or intimidating . . . others may not. 

As for Brown, the Nike stuff was hashed out yesterday in the local media. They deduced that Brown was not a big revenue producer for them so keeping him on wasn't much of a loss. Had he been bringing them in millions of dollars, they may have opted to stand by him. It sounds like he had issues in making public appearances and keeping to the schedule of what they wanted him to do, and that also was a factor. It sounds like they used him more for overseas events and he wasn't really much of a draw in the US.

43 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Not trying to defend AB as a person. I would never do the things that he's done and his actions are deplorable. But if anyone of us had 500 reporters ratcheting up and digging into our personal lives and trying to gain access to our entire life history, what could people find? Who knows what any of us have from our past . . . texts, emails, pictures, videos, lawsuits, jilted exes, late payments, heated exchanges with someone in a public place, people with axes to grind, etc.

I always wonder about people who say things like this.  If somebody went digging through my background looking for dirt, they would find a handful of speeding tickets, a parking ticket from the University of Arizona that I deliberately ignored (UA police: If you're reading this, get bent), and an uncharacteristically bad performance on a differential equations final in my senior year.  Nothing interesting, and definitely no track record of sexual assault.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Also, if you and I got in an ifight on here and I started exactly this text chain as a kind of thread, posting pictures of your kids and talking smack about you while I did, I hope you’d tell Joe or David and probably the police.  It wouldn’t be an overreaction. 

I hear you, and that makes perfect sense. Go to the police. If it was bad enough, get an attorney to tell the other party to cease and desist. That would be a way to start documenting the issues and get things resolved.

Instead, she and her attorneys went to the NFL and the media (which by extension becomes social media). And she immediately made reference to the NFL code of conduct, the CBA, and the powers that the commissioner has.

The point being, by taking the path she took, it plays to her desire for Brown to be disciplined by the league for his actions. I would have to re-read what she said to the league, but it makes the text chain or her health and well being not her primary concern.

If I had been the attorney and chose to contact the league (which I wouldn't have done), I would have described what happened and leave the NFL player conduct rules completely out of it. I'm pretty sure the league knows what's in their CBA. If she has concerns, voice the concerns . . . don't emphasize what the league needs to do about it.

It seems like this Klemko dude has an axe to grind with AB. And I’m convinced after his latest tweet. I’m curious what the history is there... is Klemko a Jets fan?

12 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I hear you, and that makes perfect sense. Go to the police. If it was bad enough, get an attorney to tell the other party to cease and desist. That would be a way to start documenting the issues and get things resolved.

Instead, she and her attorneys went to the NFL and the media (which by extension becomes social media). And she immediately made reference to the NFL code of conduct, the CBA, and the powers that the commissioner has.

The point being, by taking the path she took, it plays to her desire for Brown to be disciplined by the league for his actions. I would have to re-read what she said to the league, but it makes the text chain or her health and well being not her primary concern.

If I had been the attorney and chose to contact the league (which I wouldn't have done), I would have described what happened and leave the NFL player conduct rules completely out of it. I'm pretty sure the league knows what's in their CBA. If she has concerns, voice the concerns . . . don't emphasize what the league needs to do about it.

The NFL is the "Joe and David" part of my post.  No crime was committed here, so the lawyer isn't going to get this stopped by going to the police, it's just the way to make sure they know to keep an eye out.

Edit: it could be a crime, or part of a crime, but it's not going to be harassment or intimidation punishable within the meaning of the law without more than this.

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

It seems like this Klemko dude has an axe to grind with AB. And I’m convinced after his latest tweet. I’m curious what the history is there... is Klemko a Jets fan?

send AB a text with pics of his kids and one of his crew will get that for you.

9 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

is Klemko a Jets fan?

Yes I'm sure he's thinking that if he can get Brown suspended, that will ensure a Jets victory on Sunday.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

11 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

Doesn't everyone who values basic decency have an axe to grind with AB at this point? :loco:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

God, I hope AB ends up broke post NFL

I won't go so far as to say that I hope he will end up broke but maybe that's only because I believe it is a mortal certainty that he will end up broke.

3 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Doesn't everyone who values basic decency have an axe to grind with AB at this point? :loco:

He’s an idiot and clearly a #####... but, I’ll await due process on wishing the destruction on his ability to make money and provide for his family. 

33 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I always wonder about people who say things like this.  If somebody went digging through my background looking for dirt, they would find a handful of speeding tickets, a parking ticket from the University of Arizona that I deliberately ignored (UA police: If you're reading this, get bent), and an uncharacteristically bad performance on a differential equations final in my senior year.  Nothing interesting, and definitely no track record of sexual assault.

Seriously. We have all done things we regret but, for most of us, you do have to dig into our pasts.to find them. For AB they had to dig into his yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Like you, I also haven't done anything noteworthy and have nothing more than one speeding ticket and one parking ticket to show for it. I have never been charged with a crime and have no record. But anyone that did digging would uncover the following.

Decades ago, I thought I was happily married and had two little kids. My wife at the time was apparently not happily married and strayed. She took off and left me with two kids in diapers. She emptied out our bank account on the way out the door. She also hadn't paid any bills in months (which I didn't know) and left me in the lurch. Nasty divorce and court case ensued.

False allegations were raised that I regularly beat her and abused her. No evidence, no witnesses, no police reports, no medical records, just her crying on the witness stand making the allegations. She was so convincing that my own attorneys wanted to drop me because I was such a monster. Suddenly I was investigated for all sorts of things and word leaked out that I was an alleged abuser. This went on FOR YEARS. People parted like the red sea and I was shunned.

For example, my former mother-in-law testified that I was drunk and disorderly and went on and on about the crazy behavior I displayed. She made it out like I had Bacardi on an IV drip every night. On cross, she admitted the only time she ever saw or heard of me drinking was once and only once and the kids were with an adult babysitter that night.

As the years went by, suddenly the private pre-school / kindergarten where the kids went got involved and basically wanted me to take my kids elsewhere. I did nothing to anyone there (teachers, administrators, kids, etc.), yet they didn't like the whispers they were hearing. That was rolled into an allegation by my ex- that I had abused the kids. Another investigation was launched and I was under constant scrutiny.

This went on for FIVE YEARS. Every time we went to court, there were new allegations. I was a hardcore drug user. I was an alcoholic. The kids were in danger. How could the court continue to leave the kids with a "monster." We finally got divorced and I got awarded the kids. None of her allegations held up after countless investigations.

After all that . . . things continued on FOR TEN MORE YEARS. In court once or twice a year for any possible minor issue. One of the kids got a cold . . . therefore I wasn't dressing them appropriately. One of the kids got a cavity . . . I must not be feeding them properly. One of them was playing catch and missed the ball and got a bruise . . . all the court heard was her version that I punched him in the face. I was constantly under investigation by Children and Youth Services. They were at my house so regularly that I had coffee and tea ready for the same case worker and investigator that had to come and make sure there was food in the fridge, no guns laying around, no evidence of drug use, no safety concerns, etc. Even the investigator felt badly for me that there was never any merit to the allegations but they had to come check on them anyway. I didn't get angry . . . she was doing her job.

She fabricated stories that I attacked her. That I threatened her. That I smashed her car windows in with a golf club or a baseball bat. Since her attorneys kept telling he she needed actual evidence of abuse to either her or the kids, one time she beat herself up and took pictures and tried to pass off that I did it. The problem she ran into was when she described her story in great detail and swore up and down on the details and the date, I was 1,000 miles away and hadn't been around for a week before and a week after.

Bottom line, all of this cost me six figures to defend myself for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I had a job, I lived in a house in a good neighborhood, I raised my kids, and I was absolutely squeaky clean. But if the media got involved, I would look like I belonged on the FBI's Most Wanted List. They would have a field day with me about DOZENS of allegations. The press could talk to my ex, her family, and her friends and I would look like a serial sex abuser, child molester, wife beater, and drug abusing alcoholic.

So yeah, I am a little touchy when it comes to allegations.

8 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

He’s an idiot and clearly a #####... but, I’ll await due process on wishing the destruction on his ability to make money and provide for his family. 

Yeah I would hate for him to have to live off the $42.5 million dollar contract he signed in 2012 and the $68 million dollar contract he signed in 2017 and the $15 million dollar contract he signed with the Patriots.

36 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Disagree, she isn't a witness in a criminal case so the intimidation isn't a crime. If those types of messages were criminal then every person who has ever posted in Twitter would be in prison.

Going to the police would be futile, besides do we know that her attorney did not contact the police?

The documentation exists because the texts came from ABs phone. That's never going away. The only recourse to protect herself and her family was to go public.

If anything happens to her or her family AB is immediately the prime suspect.

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

I 100% guarantee that you wouldn't be defending Brown if he was still a Steeler. But anyway, Robert Klemko perfectly sums up why Brown should be thrown in jail for witness intimidation.

"Find a woman who doesn't like you, then send her a pic of her kids along with four numbers she doesn't know. on a group text and tell them to look into her.  Tell me what word she uses to describe that and I'll replace the word 'intimidating."

Edited by JuniorNB
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

foh = get the eff out of here

@Soulfly3 with his best, “pardon me, I speak jive.”

Helen Hayes got nuthin on you, bruh. 

54 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

The woman in question is the one who said he approached her in his house wearing a wash cloth to cover himself. She never alleged he assaulted her, she never said he touched her, and from what I remember, her commentary was that she described the encounter as inappropriate and making her feel uncomfortable. But the public has the perception that this is a second woman that he sexually assaulted. Read what he sent her. Some people will conclude it was threatening or intimidating . . . others may not. 

He wasn't wearing a wash cloth he was butt #$$ naked holding a washcloth over his junk. I don't know if it rises to the level of assault in whatever jurisdiction it was but I completely understand how a woman, alone in the house of a professional athlete would feel threatened in that situation.

She handled the situation admirably.

1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

I 100% guarantee that you wouldn't be defending Brown if he was still a Steeler. But anyway, Robert Klemko perfectly sums up why Brown should be thrown in jail for witness intimidation.

"Find a woman who doesn't like you, then send her a pic of her kids along with four numbers she doesn't know. on a group text and tell them to look into her.  Tell me what word she uses to describe that and I'll replace the word 'intimidating."

That's what the SI reporter tweeted. I would substitute "confused," "upset," or "annoyed." They are all considerations in terms of word choices. I am not the woman, so I can't really speak to what she felt.

3 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Yeah, in context that’s awfully damning. 

Maybe benefit of the doubt could be applied. Maybe AB had other intentions.

We could spin this a million ways, and some may even be plausible. 

but at face value, this is really bad for AB. 

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

That's what the SI reporter tweeted. I would substitute "confused," "upset," or "annoyed." They are all considerations in terms of word choices. I am not the woman, so I can't really speak to what she felt.

But I think (hope) we're both smart enough to know what Brown wanted her to feel.