What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (11 Viewers)

Agent Drew Rosenhaus expects Antonio Brown to rejoin the Raiders soon.

"I do think he’s going to be back soon," Rosenhaus said in an appearance with ESPN. "We’re looking into any and all options right now to resolve the helmet issue. Antonio is very genuine. He wants to be there, he wants to be part of the team, he wants to practice, but he’d also like to do it with the helmet he’s worn his entire life. We’re just trying to find a way to work it out. We’ve worked very closely with the Raiders, with the NFL. This is a major issue for him." This comes after Brown went AWOL for the second time at training camp over his helmet. Brown is exhausting all options to keep his helmet, but he's on the losing side of this battle. Brown should be healthy enough to practice whenever he reports.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports

Aug 19, 2019, 10:36 AM ET

Off my draft board at this point.

Boy did I luck out trading AB for a 1st and 2nd rounder last season in keeper after starting 0-5. Just seems like he's much more concerned having his name in the headlines than he is with playing football. You'd think he'd want to make a good impression on his new team, let them know his antics in Pittsburgh are over...

Agent Drew Rosenhaus: “I’m not sure that we agree that we’ve exhausted all the options as Mike Mayock said...”

So, Raiders aren't gonna owe this guy a penny of his guaranteed cash, are they?
Perhaps someone in the medical community can give him the guaranteed cash in exchange for being a live CTE guinea pig?

Yeah, ok Drew, whatever you say lol. If he was such a genuine guy, and wanted to be with his team, he would be. This stupid helmet-gate could have been dealt with quietly, behind the scenes. You’d think that the huge slice of humble pie this dude was served this off-season would have shut him up, but nope, he’s always got to be the headline. 

He was notified of the helmet change before the 2018 season apparently (as in, a year ago).  It's only this big of an issue now?

Also, just realized that his week 1 game is Monday night.  How comfortable will you be all day Sunday when your backup WRs are going that AB will actually be on the field and playing the next day?

Also, just realized that his week 1 game is Monday night.  How comfortable will you be all day Sunday when your backup WRs are going that AB will actually be on the field and playing the next day?
Any word on the announcing crew? Still waiting for the Sergio Dipp comeback. #havingthetimeofhislife

You’d think that the huge slice of humble pie this dude was served this off-season would have shut him up
What slice of humble pie?  He wanted out of Pittsburgh (apparently due to his contract having zero guaranteed money) and he got a shiny new contract from the Raiders with $30M in guarantees.  Being traded for "only" a 3rd and a 5th?  He doesn't care about that at all.  I don't see any humble pie at all. 

Off my draft board at this point.

Boy did I luck out trading AB for a 1st and 2nd rounder last season in keeper after starting 0-5. Just seems like he's much more concerned having his name in the headlines than he is with playing football. You'd think he'd want to make a good impression on his new team, let them know his antics in Pittsburgh are over...
I actually traded for him last year in a 5 player keeper league - but his monster game in NO helped me win the title so even if he retires it was worth it to me.  Before pulling the trigger on the trade I considered the "TO" scenario - that he might wear out his welcome in Pittsburgh and find himself on another team (and another, and another, etc.).  While doing this mental exercise I assumed he would toe the line on any new team for the first year or so to prove it wasn't his fault in Pittsburgh - man was I wrong about that :lol:  

What slice of humble pie?  He wanted out of Pittsburgh (apparently due to his contract having zero guaranteed money) and he got a shiny new contract from the Raiders with $30M in guarantees.  Being traded for "only" a 3rd and a 5th?  He doesn't care about that at all.  I don't see any humble pie at all. 
How much do you think he would have gotten if he played his cards right instead of acting like a petulant child? And with what team? He went from one of the best organizations in the league to one of the worst. I’m sure if he was honest with himself, he would have done things differently. He can’t possibly be happy with where he’s at in his career at the moment. 

How much do you think he would have gotten if he played his cards right instead of acting like a petulant child? And with what team? He went from one of the best organizations in the league to one of the worst. I’m sure if he was honest with himself, he would have done things differently. He can’t possibly be happy with where he’s at in his career at the moment. 
I agree with the bolded section 100%  But that's not him being served humble pie.

I'm not sure I agree with the last sentence.  He would have to be thinking rationally to come to that conclusion and I don't think anyone would say AB is being rational right now.  And he isn't a team guy - he's all about the attention and the money.  So assuming he plays this year he will get what he wants which is the face of the franchise, the golden boy FA signing to help the team win, oh, and the $30M.

Rotoworld take:

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports Antonio Brown has returned to practice.

Brown practiced with the team for the first time since his helmet issue. It comes a day after GM Mike Mayock was forced to make a statement on his status. Brown plans to continue his fight to keep his helmet but will comply with the league's standards for now. Brown seems like a longshot to play in the Raiders' third preseason game, but this puts him on track for Week 1.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports

Aug 19, 2019, 12:17 PM ET

I agree with the bolded section 100%  But that's not him being served humble pie.

I'm not sure I agree with the last sentence.  He would have to be thinking rationally to come to that conclusion and I don't think anyone would say AB is being rational right now.  And he isn't a team guy - he's all about the attention and the money.  So assuming he plays this year he will get what he wants which is the face of the franchise, the golden boy FA signing to help the team win, oh, and the $30M.
Owned him his whole career in pitt.  He always seemed like a pretty cool/team guy until going into last year with the ben stuff. Not sure what triggered him, even back in 13-15' when he was really tearing it up I never thought of him as the typical diva receiver.   I am assuming most Steeler fans felt the same way I did or not?

Read a few articles where people are saying AB is in the right on this.  Other players got a 1 year notice when certain helmets were going to be banned.  The one he has was only banned if over 10 years old.  So technically if he found one less than 10 years old he should be able to go with it another year at a minimum.  Saying he has a 2nd grievance and a very strong case. Don't know if it's the hill he wants to die on but it's not pure lunacy on his part.  They changed the rules on the fly.

Owned him his whole career in pitt.  He always seemed like a pretty cool/team guy until going into last year with the ben stuff. Not sure what triggered him, even back in 13-15' when he was really tearing it up I never thought of him as the typical diva receiver.   I am assuming most Steeler fans felt the same way I did or not?
I'm not sure when the rumblings started about him not being a team player/diva but it started before last year.  The biggest diva thing I can remember was in 2017 when he live-streamed from the Steelers locker room right before the AFCCG against NE - completely self-absorbed in that video and not even listen/participating with the team.  He seemed upset at times when someone else scored a TD (team success) and it wasn't him.  Anyway, the Steeler stuff is in AB's past and probably doesn't need to be rehashed again.

He's back at practice. 
Of course he is... because no doubt Mayock's first phone call after his notice to the press yesterday was to remind AB's agent that guaranteed money is only guaranteed if he show's up for work.

Now... I fully believe this is over for a few weeks. Question though; when AB has that first deep ball ricochet off his head and fall incomplete, does he rip off the helmet and toss it into the crowd?

If anyone in the Shark Pool can find a Schutt AiR Advantage helmet made within the last 10 years laying around - we could potentially solve this issue before Week 1.
 On 95.7 the game in the bay area, Lorenzo Neal said AB  put it out there that if anyone could provide him with one of those helmets, he would trade them for a signed jersey or something. 

Of course it made no difference since the Hellman was banned. 

This was one of the most nonsensical issues I’ve ever seen come up in the NFL. 

On 95.7 the game in the bay area, Lorenzo Neal said AB  put it out there that if anyone could provide him with one of those helmets, he would trade them for a signed jersey or something. 

Of course it made no difference since the Hellman was banned. 

This was one of the most nonsensical issues I’ve ever seen come up in the NFL. 
If I had a legit one of those helmets I’d be offering it to him for $20k... screw a signed jersey. It’s worth MUCH more than that to him. 

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Per source, Antonio Brown has filed a new grievance against the NFL over its attempt to prevent him from wearing any Schutt AiR Advantage helmet less than 10 years old.

Steelers would have won taking on a 7th round pick or out and out cutting him. Just for the piece of mind. 

Before anyone jumps me for the talent AB is, I 100% believe this is just him getting out of camp. Steelers have been hiding this crazy #### for multiple years now according to their beat reporters. Raiders are not that kind of organization.

Mystery Achiever said:
Where is he even trying to go with this? I don't know the full racial make up of the 30ish players affected. But the group includes Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady and they all are playing in different helmets now.
Drew Brees as well.

Steelers would have won taking on a 7th round pick or out and out cutting him. Just for the piece of mind. 

Before anyone jumps me for the talent AB is, I 100% believe this is just him getting out of camp. Steelers have been hiding this crazy #### for multiple years now according to their beat reporters. Raiders are not that kind of organization.
Addition by subtraction. 

Sorta sounds like the Pittsburgh beat reporters all were acting like Steeler lackeys and helping the Steelers cover for him rather than doing their job.

Sorta sounds like the Pittsburgh beat reporters all were acting like Steeler lackeys and helping the Steelers cover for him rather than doing their job.
Maybe, maybe I’m misremember or misinterpreting things. I do recall Bouchette reporting on AB’s disappearance in camp last year (2018) after having a report in ‘17 about something goofy Brown did. It was widely dismissed by the fan base, including myself, just a sour grapes reporter who had been bad mouthed by Brown. 

I would definitely draft him but certainly not with a 1 or 2.   If he's there in the 3rd then it would be tough to pass up
Even then man, I would have to think about it hard.  If he is already like this whats he going to be with they are 2-5 or whatever?   Dude seems mental.

Is anybody drafting this dude in redraft?  I cannot imagine picking him before the 3rd now. 
 I could not draft him in the third.   I have no idea where Brown is going to be this season.  He could show up and have 8 catches a game or not even be on the field.  It is very unpredictable and I don't build my rosters with those types of players in the first 3 or 4 rounds.  There are a lot of talented players to choose then.

I could not draft him in the third.   I have no idea where Brown is going to be this season.  He could show up and have 8 catches a game or not even be on the field.  It is very unpredictable and I don't build my rosters with those types of players in the first 3 or 4 rounds.  There are a lot of talented players to choose then.
Best case scenario, he’s still a Raider, so theres also that.  :shrug:

from what I’ve seen, players aren’t exactly buying into Shouty McGrudenpants brand of coaching. He just did a yelly presser where he red face screamed “I just want to see a little f*****g effort!” 

That doesn’t bode well regardless. 

Now add the AB antics and this is feeling kinda disastrous. 

I don’t normally read into preseason that much, but yeesh. 

Users who are viewing this thread