What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (2 Viewers)

This kid put up some stellar numbers at CMich, over 300 catches and over 3000 yards for his career,

Is he a legitimate stashaway ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamel...2&year=2009
Possibly. They like both him and third rounder Emmanuel Sanders out of SMU.Brown will get a hat as a rookie and he's in line to be their primary kick and punt returner on opening day. He looked good enough as a returner and as a receiver for them to cut Stefan Logan, who was a pretty good kick returner for them last season. He's really shifty and has great burst and top end speed. In his first preseason game he took a simple slant over the middle from Dixon, made a quick head fake, then cut it back up the sideline and beat a safety who had the angle on him for a 60+ yard TD. He might get worked onto the field later in the season, and you never know how injuries will play out. If a guy like Ward or Wallace were to go down for a significant period, all bets are off.

This kid put up some stellar numbers at CMich, over 300 catches and over 3000 yards for his career,

Is he a legitimate stashaway ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamel...2&year=2009
Possibly. They like both him and third rounder Emmanuel Sanders out of SMU.Brown will get a hat as a rookie and he's in line to be their primary kick and punt returner on opening day. He looked good enough as a returner and as a receiver for them to cut Stefan Logan, who was a pretty good kick returner for them last season. He's really shifty and has great burst and top end speed. In his first preseason game he took a simple slant over the middle from Dixon, made a quick head fake, then cut it back up the sideline and beat a safety who had the angle on him for a 60+ yard TD. He might get worked onto the field later in the season, and you never know how injuries will play out. If a guy like Ward or Wallace were to go down for a significant period, all bets are off.
Isn't Sanders more than likely going to be the #3 WR this year, with Brown more than likely playing more of a role of returner?

Ward says he plans to play beyond this year. We'll see since it's not just up to him, but as long as he's productive why not? With Wallace and Sanders both ahead of Brown in the pecking order and likely to remain so, it's hard to see the path to regular production for him anytime soon. I'm in 12 dynasty leagues (most are 20-man, some are 26-man) and one keeper league, and he's not owned on any rosters. So, that gives you an idea of the consensus view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ward says he plans to play beyond this year. We'll see since it's not just up to him, but as long as he's productive why not? With Wallace and Sanders both ahead of Brown in the pecking order and likely to remain so, it's hard to see the path to regular production for him anytime soon. I'm in 12 dynasty leagues (most are 20-man, some are 26-man) and one keeper league, and he's not owned on any rosters. So, that gives you an idea of the consensus view.
20 man dynasty leagues? Is that owners or total players on rosters...

20 man dynasty leagues? Is that owners or total players on rosters...
20 per roster, offense only. 14-teamer leagues, so 280 players total. The guy that started the Misfit and Outlaws group of leagues intentionally wanted rosters not to be too deep, to require hard decisions to be made as to who to roster, and so there's more opportunity for WW activity.At times it's frustrating because I see young guys on the WW I'd love to take a chance on but can't justify cutting anyone I already own.

pretty rough around the edges so far, exactly what you would expect from a late-round WR. but his speed and flash are undeniable. even so, i wouldn't roster him on such a small dynasty roster. he is essentially WR#5 for the steelers who aren't going to be as pass-happy as they've been recently.

Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown similar to J.J. Watt

By Chris Wesseling

Around the NFL Writer

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is doing his part to ensure that wide receiver Antonio Brown doesn't remain one of the NFL's most underappreciated superstars.

After watching Brown extend to 24 his NFL-record consecutive games with at least five catches and 50 yards, Tomlin compared him to the most dominant player in football.

"Antonio is playing at that type of level at wide receiver, a J.J. Watt-type of level," Tomlin said Tuesday, via Scott Brown of ESPN.com. "He's one of the best in the world at what he does and he's mentally and physically on top of his game."

Brown is on pace for a franchise-record 120 receptions and 1,704 yards despite drawing frequent double teams.

"He's a known issue (for defenses) but he still performs," Tomlin continued. "We can say similar things about guys like J.J. Watt. We knew what he was capable [of] when we were getting ready to play him but it still doesn't stop the storm from coming."

At 5-foot-10 and under 190 pounds, Brown isn't beating defenses with imposing measurables in the fashion of Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas. Instead, Ben Roethlisberger credits his go-to receiver with the best fundamentals in the league.

"I have never seen anybody utilize their hands, feet and eyes the way that he does," Roethlisberger explained. "You get the ball in his hands and a big play can happen at any time."

Two years after awarding Brown the same lucrative contract extension rejected by Mike Wallace, it's clear the Steelers kept the better player.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast recaps every Week 8 game. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

I can't think of many players on my squad that are untradeable. Browns one. He's the definition of set it and forget it.

I like Antonio more as a football player, than a FF player (though he'd be worth more in return leagues). Sanders is the rookie FF play in Pitt IMO.
Jeff Terfetiller somewhere on these forum pages had a breakdown of the PIT receivers and maintained assiduously that Sanders was a terrific receiver and route runner. Funny how Brown has thrived under Ben and Sanders has thrived under Manning. They're two different receivers in style, I just think it's really interesting how one was each suited to two different great QBs. Imagine, PIT had Brown, Sanders and Mike Wallace.

I like Antonio more as a football player, than a FF player (though he'd be worth more in return leagues). Sanders is the rookie FF play in Pitt IMO.
Jeff Terfetiller somewhere on these forum pages had a breakdown of the PIT receivers and maintained assiduously that Sanders was a terrific receiver and route runner. Funny how Brown has thrived under Ben and Sanders has thrived under Manning. They're two different receivers in style, I just think it's really interesting how one was each suited to two different great QBs. Imagine, PIT had Brown, Sanders and Mike Wallace.
One of the worst mistakes I've made in FF is not being sold on Antonio Brown.

Just traded Antonio and Andre Holmes for Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson. Have AJ Green. Hoping that's not a huge mistake.

I had the opportunity to keep two between Lynch, Brown, and Charles. I went Lynch and Charles initially but changed it to Charles and Brown. So glad I did that change.

People are seeing how special Brown is and some don't want to put him up with super elite like Calvin,Demaryius, Dez,AJGREEN or JULIO and in all honesty he is better then everyone I mentioned outside of DEMARYIUS who I think is right their but Brown is legit top 2 wideout in league and people will come to see this soon enough. I know for sure he is doubted because of Height :lol: Guy is a model of Consistency :bow:

We had a startup dynasty draft this year. I took Patterson over Brown and I'm pretty sure I'll regret it for as long as Brown is in the League...

FWIW I traded Josh Gordon, Ahmad Bradshaw and Ronnie Hillman for Brown yesterday (.5 PPR). Other guy is fighting to make the playoffs with a decimated RB crew and I felt I had the depth to make the move. One of the rare trades I think that helps both teams out. To give an idea of his value.

We had a startup dynasty draft this year. I took Patterson over Brown and I'm pretty sure I'll regret it for as long as Brown is in the League...
Wow, those must've been quite the rankings you had to pick Cordarrelle over Brown...especially from a Steelers fan.

FWIW I traded Josh Gordon, Ahmad Bradshaw and Ronnie Hillman for Brown yesterday (.5 PPR). Other guy is fighting to make the playoffs with a decimated RB crew and I felt I had the depth to make the move. One of the rare trades I think that helps both teams out. To give an idea of his value.
I like Brown but sure seems like you lost on this one

It's a lot to give up I agree. While I love Gordon I don't think his numbers this year will touch what he did last year (or what Brown is doing this year). At RB I still have Murray, Ingram, McKinnon and Forsett, so I felt comfortable dealing Bradshaw/Hillman. I can definitely see how some would feel I got ripped off though.

Just traded Antonio and Andre Holmes for Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson. Have AJ Green. Hoping that's not a huge mistake.
I don't see how that could be a huge mistake, even if Brown maintains his pace. In fact I think this is a perfect example of just how hard it would be right now for Brown owners to let him go. You got an amazing haul there, and I think at worst the trade long term is even. Holmes is a good player, but in the context of that trade, which includes, arguably, 3 top 5 dynasty WR's, he is a throw in.

It's a lot to give up I agree. While I love Gordon I don't think his numbers this year will touch what he did last year (or what Brown is doing this year). At RB I still have Murray, Ingram, McKinnon and Forsett, so I felt comfortable dealing Bradshaw/Hillman. I can definitely see how some would feel I got ripped off though.
I like the trade for you, especially given the RB depth that you just mentioned. That's not to say that we should trade away depth at a discount just because we have it, but then I don't think that's the case here. Gordon is a beast when on the field, but who knows what he'll be like when he comes back this season. And of course there is always the possibility of more trouble for him down the road, something you don't have to worry about all with Brown. Bradshaw has been great this season, and off and on over the course of his career, but at 28 he's getting up there in age, plus Richardson isn't going anywhere, plus I think his TD numbers have thus far have been somewhat fluky and should normalize. Does he lead the Colts in receiving TD's? If not, he's up there, and that just won't continue. I love Hillman and at 23 he could be good for a long time, but Denver still has enough invested in Ball to make me a bit uncomfortable about his short and long term usage and value. Further, this is his first time carrying the load, so concern over his ability to handle the load long term is legit. There is no denying the talent, but it's not transcendent--Brown's talent is transcendent.

ETA: Really, just like the other trade mentioned in which the guy trading Brown acquired Calvin and Dez, this too is just another example of how valuable Brown is.

I like the trade for you, especially given the RB depth that you just mentioned. That's not to say that we should trade away depth at a discount just because we have it, but then I don't think that's the case here. Gordon is a beast when on the field, but who knows what he'll be like when he comes back this season. And of course there is always the possibility of more trouble for him down the road, something you don't have to worry about all with Brown. Bradshaw has been great this season, and off and on over the course of his career, but at 28 he's getting up there in age, plus Richardson isn't going anywhere, plus I think his TD numbers have thus far have been somewhat fluky and should normalize. Does he lead the Colts in receiving TD's? If not, he's up there, and that just won't continue. I love Hillman and at 23 he could be good for a long time, but Denver still has enough invested in Ball to make me a bit uncomfortable about his short and long term usage and value. Further, this is his first time carrying the load, so concern over his ability to handle the load long term is legit. There is no denying the talent, but it's not transcendent--Brown's talent is transcendent.
Just to clarify I was talking redraft. Probably should have specified that. But I agree with your analysis as it pertains to dynasty.

Just to clarify I was talking redraft. Probably should have specified that. But I agree with your analysis as it pertains to dynasty.
Got ya. In redraft I love that trade for you then. In redraft it makes a ton of sense to give up depth if you have a lot to acquire true difference makers. Great trade.

Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown - WR - Steelers

Antonio Brown had 11 catches for 144 yards and a touchdown in Sunday night's Week 9 win over the Ravens.

Brown was targeted on mostly underneath routes before breaking off a 54-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. He continued to lose red-zone looks to Martavis Bryant, but it's not a concern for his rest of season outlook. Brown leads the NFL in targets and has at least 80 yards in every game. He'll be a top-three option in Week 10 against the Jets.

Nov 3 - 1:00 AM

Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown caught eight passes for 74 yards in Sunday's Week 10 loss to the Jets.

Brown looked like he was throwing the game early. He lost a fumble on a bubble screen and lost another fumble on a muffed punt. Of course, he kept his five catch, 50 yard streak alive by racking up catches against soft coverage in garbage time. Expect Brown to bounce back big in terms of both real-life performance and box-score production against the Titans next week.

Nov 9 - 5:15 PM

Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown caught nine passes for 91 yards and one touchdown in the Steelers' 27-24, Week 11 win over the Titans.

Brown was targeted a game-high 11 times and has already eclipsed 1,100 yards on the season to go with nine scores heading into the Week 12 bye. He's caught at least five passes in 27 consecutive games. Brown's night could have been much bigger, but Big Ben missed Brown in the end zone before halftime, and it turned into an interception for Jason McCourty, who shadowed Brown all night. The elite WR1 eventually beat McCourty and Michael Griffin on a hesitation move for the game-winning 12-yard touchdown.

Nov 17 - 11:29 PM

I watched AB a lot his sophomore & junior seasons at CMU; he caught a ton of bubble screens and quick slants from Dan Lefevour (Hamilton Tiger Cats). He was dynamic as a returner and his quickness dominated in the MAC, but I never thought he would become a stud. His speed is decent (4.56) but hardly world class. It's been an amazing five years, watching him develop into such a precise route runner. Absolute PPR machine, nobody I would rather own the last two years in that format.

He had talent in college but playing at a mid-major I questioned if he would ever be more than a special teamer in the pros. Totally missed what he was going to develop into - the most consistent and reliable wide receiver in the game.

Dude is on pace for a stat line of 128/1,690/18 TD's.. which would seem absurd if not for the insane consistency he has displayed throughout the entire season. He has had only 2 games under 90 yards receiving (84 and 74). Has only had less than 7 receptions twice (5 and 5).

Oh, and the above doesn't take into account his passing TD. lol

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
Rotoworld:

Antonio Browns caught eight passes for 97 yards and two touchdowns in the Steelers' Week 13 loss to the Saints.

He caught both of his touchdowns in garbage time, with the final one coming as time ran out on the clock. Brown also reeled in a two-point conversion. His two scores came from four and three yards out. Brown ran most of his routes against CB Patrick Robinson, who had a surprisingly solid game. Brown will be back on the elite WR1 radar next week when the Steelers travel to Cincinnati.

Nov 30 - 5:02 PM

Can't believe this thread is still on the first page. Kid is really good, pretty bummed I missed out on him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11832448/jerry-rice-praises-antonio-brown-pittsburgh-steelers

ESPN.com: NFL [Print without images]
espn.gif

Thursday, November 6, 2014
Jerry Rice praises Antonio Brown

By Scott Brown
ESPN.com

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, who leads the NFL in catches and receiving yards, has also caught the attention of the player who is still the standard at the position.

Jerry Rice, widely considered the greatest wide receiver in NFL history, told Talk of Fame Network that Brown is the best young wide receiver in the game.

"He's killing it right now," Rice said. "I had an opportunity to talk to this guy, and he tried to get in my head. He wanted to know my workout regimen and how did I sustain for so many years. I just told him it was all about work ethic and never getting complacent and never getting to a point where you can relax now."

The Steelers don't have to worry about that as they head into Sunday's game against the New York Jets.

Brown's work ethic is becoming legendary around team headquarters, and twice a week during the season he will go to the gym after a full day at the Steelers' facility and work out. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he sometimes has to tell Brown to tone it down a notch in practice so he doesn't wear himself out.

"His work ethic and demeanor and attitude are just unbelievable," Roethlisberger said of Brown.

Those traits have allowed Brown to ascend to the top of his position even though he wasn't drafted until the sixth round in 2010, No. 195 overall.

Brown has 71 catches for 996 yards in nine games, and he has already tied his career high with eight touchdown receptions.

The two-time Pro Bowler set a Steelers season record with 1,499 receiving yards in 2013. Brown is on pace for 1,771 yards this season, and he has already set a Steelers record for most all-purpose yards (6,958) in his first five seasons.

Roethlisberger was asked earlier this week if Brown is the best receiver he has played with in 11 NFL seasons.

"He's up there right at the top of the list," Roethlisberger said. "There have been a lot of great ones, but if you look at what he's done and what he can do, I think it's undeniable to say that he's right there close to the top if not the top."

Story from just before start of 2014 regular season:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/09/05/Steelers-wide-receiver-s-Antonio-Brown-s-pursuit-of-excellence-is-boundless/stories/201409050105

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown’s pursuit of excellence is boundlessSeptember 5, 2014 12:00 AM
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Antonio Brown cultivated his Pro Bowl resume by getting to the finish line. Every play of every practice, Brown completes the play from anywhere on the field with a sprint to the goal line.

Brown’s practice habits are becoming the stuff of legend around the Steelers’ South Side headquarters. The work ethic is the reason Brown has transformed himself from an afterthought of a sixth-round draft choice in 2010 to one of the best receivers in the NFL.

“He’s a finisher,” veteran cornerback Ike Taylor said. “He is always finishing the play. Coach has to tell him to come back to the huddle. If he catches a slant in practice, he runs 70 yards down the field. We have to wait on him to jog back. He is the ultimate finisher. He finishes every play. When you see him make the plays in the game, you say, ‘Oh, that’s A.B. That’s what he does.’”

“He’s a pro in every sense of the word,” added offensive coordinator Todd Haley. “The guy comes to work every single day. He doesn’t have half-speed to his repertoire. If it’s a walkthrough, he’s still going full speed. I’ve never seen someone get so excited in walkthroughs. He’s genuinely excited to catch the ball anytime it’s thrown to him.”

Brown’s finishing mentality produced a single-season franchise record of 1,499 receiving yards last season and another Pro Bowl selection, his second in the past three seasons. He also became the first player in NFL history to record at least five receptions and 50 yards in all 16 regular-season games. He will try to continue that impressive streak Sunday at Heinz Field when the Steelers play host to the Cleveland Browns in the season opener.

That’s the type of consistency NFL coaches dream about.

“He’s a big dog,” Haley said. “Every time you put a year like last year out there, it raises the bar. I think he understands that. He’s going against one of the best cornerbacks in the league this week in Joe Haden. That’s a great challenge for him, and one I know he’s excited about.”

Brown, who is 5 feet 10 and 186 pounds, set career highs last season, but he has been a consistent force in the offense since 2011. He completed a three-season stretch in which he accumulated more receiving yards than anyone else in Steelers history not named Hines Ward.

Brown had 3,394 receiving yards the past three seasons. Ward had 3,495 yards in a three-year span from 2002-04. The only other Steelers receiver to average more than 1,000 yards over three consecutive seasons was Plaxico Burress, who had 3,193 yards from 2001-03.

Brown doesn’t begin to approach the outrageous production of Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, who has 5,137 receiving yards over past three years. But he is the same ballpark many others who annually rank among the league’s top pass-catchers.

Wes Welker of the Denver Broncos has 3,701 in the past three seasons. Denver’s Demaryius Thomas has 3,415, Cincinnati’s A.J. Green has 3,833, Houston’s Andre Johnson has 3,497 and Green Bay’s Jordy Nelson 3,322.

“My first couple of days here it was apparent he was a great player,” said veteran receiver Lance Moore, who joined the Steelers this spring after eight seasons in New Orleans. “You can watch from afar, but, when you’re up close and personal, you really a get a view of why he is as great as he is.

“He shows up to work every day. He’s one of the hardest workers out there. You look at him in practice and you can see in his mind he’s playing the game. His numbers are astronomical because of the way he prepares.”

One of the most impressive aspects of Brown’s production is that he started only 27 of the past 48 regular-season games. He did his damage despite starting only three games in 2011 and missing three with an ankle injury in 2012.

“It’s about hard work and being on the same page with your quarterback,” Brown said.

It hasn’t always been that way. As a rookie, Brown played in nine games and totaled 16 receptions for 167 yards. Early in that Super Bowl season, he made a mark on special teams, returning a kickoff for a touchdown in the second game of the season at Tennessee.

By the time the playoffs arrived, he was one of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s favorite targets. He caught a 58-yard pass on the final drive of the divisional-round playoff against the Baltimore Ravens that set up the winning touchdown. The next week in the AFC championship game against the New York Jets, he caught a late third-down pass that enabled the Steelers to run out the clock.

“That big-play potential was in effect,” Taylor recalled of Brown’s rookie season. “You just had to leash him. Once he ate a little bit and started to make plays and the game started slowing down for him, let that leash get longer and you let that animal take off. That was A.B.”

Now, those big plays are counted on weekly by the Steelers. He was named team MVP last season for the second time in three years. His 110 catches were second most in team history.

All from someone who was drafted after Thaddeus Gibson, Chris Scott, Crezdon Butler, Sylvester Stevenson and Jonathan Dwyer, all of whom are not longer with the team. Gibson, Scott and Butler are out of the NFL.

“To come in with that chip on your shoulder and not lose your edge is impressive,” Moore said. “It’s impressive to see guys maintain it. You see guys burst onto the scene and fizzle out or you see guys who don’t end up being what people think they could have been. He has kept that chip.”

Article from today:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/12/28/Brown-s-work-ethic-makes-him-a-star/stories/201412280108

Brown's work ethic makes him a starDecember 28, 2014 12:00 AM
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
What do Tom Brady and Antonio Brown have in common? They both played college football in the state of Michigan, they both were drafted in the sixth round and they both have become NFL stars.

Only Brown, however, can say this: He is the Dapper Dan Sportsman of the Year, and he beat out some pretty good competition to do so, including a couple of Steelers offensive teammates in Ben Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Bell, along with those from two other playoff teams, the Pirates and Penguins.

Brown also becomes the first Steelers player to win the award in nine years, or since Jerome Bettis did so in 2005 (his coach, Mike Tomlin, won in 2008), and their first receiver since Louis Lipps in 1985. The Dapper Dan Sportsman of the Year has been honored annually by the charity wing of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette since 1939.

"It's an honor. It's been a big charity event for a great cause," Brown said. "It's something special in Pittsburgh and it's a great honor to achieve that award.

"I understand some of the men who received it before me -- Hines Ward, Andrew McCutchen, Jerome Bettis, Franco Harris, Ben Roethlisberger, Sidney Crosby, coach Tomlin, all those guys.

Brown's meteoric rise with the Steelers can match that of Brady with the New England Patriots. He burst onto the scene in 2010 from Central Michigan University, caught 69 passes by his second season for 1,108 yards, and earned Steelers MVP and his first Pro Bowl in 2011.

He leads the NFL with 122 receptions and 1,570 yards, both team records. He can break another record tonight with his 13th touchdown catch. With just two more receptions, he will catch the second-most passes in one season in NFL history.

"He works harder than any receiver I've ever been around. That's a credit because I've been around some pretty good guys," said fellow receiver Lance Moore, who joined the Steelers this year after nine previous seasons with New Orleans. "It surprises some people the things he does, but it doesn't surprise me because I see it each and every day. It's no wonder he shows up every Sunday and you see something great from him."

Brown shattered the 16-year-old team record for receiving yards with 1,499 last season and now has the top two in Steelers history. In addition, he continues to be their lone punt returner and holds the NFL record of catching at least five passes for 50 yards in 31 consecutive games and counting. The old record was 19.

His statistics do not paint the entire story, which must appear in color, not just black and white. He makes the tough catch look routine and the impossible catch possible. Think of Lynn Swann in Super Bowl X. He makes them with one hand, by toe-tapping on the sideline as he did most recently in Atlanta, even with his helmet as he did in a playoff victory against Baltimore.

"Antonio is the best in the world at that," Tomlin said after that sideline catch against the Falcons Dec. 14. "We see it every day."

They see all kinds of things from Brown every day. He has been described as their hardest worker.

"His work ethic is the best, bar none," guard Ramon Foster said. "If you see him practice, you can understand his production. He's the standard for the wide receiver position."

And here is a bit of irony -- Brown arrived in Pittsburgh in 2010, days after Santonio Holmes, Super Bowl XLIII MVP, was shipped to the New York Jets.

The Steelers received a fifth-round draft pick from the Jets for Holmes. On draft day, they traded that fifth-rounder to Arizona to bring back cornerback Bryant McFadden and received a sixth-rounder from the Cardinals as part of that trade.

The Steelers then used that pick to draft Brown.

At 5 feet 10, Brown has shown you do not necessarily have to be a tall receiver to be a productive one.

"Everyone wants to call me small," Brown said. "I may not be the tallest guy, but I hit the weights and I've got a little strength. I like sometimes to be underestimated. It's been working sufficiently."

One more thing: Brown is only 26 and is signed through the 2017 season.

"I think he's just scratching the surface on what he can do," Hall of Fame receiver John Stallworth told ESPN.

***​
■ What: 79th annual Dapper Dan Dinner & Sports Auction.

■ When: Feb. 10. Cocktail reception and silent auction, 6 p.m., with dinner and awards program at 7 p.m.

■ Where: David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Downtown.

■ Tickets: Call 412-263-3850 or visit post-gazette.com/dapperdan.

■ The skinny: Featured honorees include Antonio Brown (Sportsman of the Year), Christa Harmotto Dietzen (Sportswoman), Jim Kelly (Lifetime Achievement) and Neal Huntington (Dr. Freddie Fu Leadership).

Users who are viewing this thread