Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Out of his Head - Out of the League

Off field stuff aside, and I know there is tons of it....but if he suits up he's a must start each and every week going forward, right?

2 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Off field stuff aside, and I know there is tons of it....but if he suits up he's a must start each and every week going forward, right?

That is correct.

Pennsylvania police apparently have contacted the accuser's lawyers but apparently there is a statute of limitations issue involving her first two allegations in her civil suit. So the police likely will not get involved in those two incidents. The more serious allegation occurred in Florida, and so far authorities there have not contacted her about filing a report or launching an investigation.

58 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

Honestly, you gotta love how social medias, reporters, etc....just can't stop bringing crap. It started with rape allegations and now we are down to dead fishes and farting during a doctor appointment? 

Really? 

The sexual allegations are serious and require investigations.....but all the rest, it's just junk...

... well at least AB wasn't playing with footballs that were 0.5 psi below the recommended limit.

If so, we'd be talking about a 12 month $17m investigation & suspension.  Abuse case will likely just be swept under the rug. Nothing to see here.

Edited by Bossman
  • Laughing 1

36 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Is this rhetorical?

Top 5 whenever he starts seeing 80% of snaps. 

1 minute ago, tricky92 said:

Is this rhetorical?

I think that's a bit of a reach. IMO, NE went overboard trying to force feed him the ball on some basic plays against a terrible team. He saw 8 targets playing in only a third of the snaps. Highly unlikely he will see 24 targets in a full game. NE was able to experiment in a game they knew they could win even if things went south and AB and TB were on a different page and a play went for a pick six.

No way NE mucks up their offense just to have an over reliance on one player. They will use everyone as best they can and will target perceived mismatches. I see Brown as a bottom tier WR1 . . . probably in the WR 10-12 range. In general in NE, what happened last week will have no bearing on what will happen the following week.

The NE defense is for real, they will use their running backs, they will run a lot of clock, and there will not be a need to throw a ton. They may not face much of a challenge until after they are already 8-0 (starting in November). Their goal is to avoid injuries, get a W, and move on to the next week.

15 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

Is this rhetorical?

He only saw about a third of the snaps from what I read last week.  That said, I just can't see a situation, no matter what defense they are playing, where I wouldn't feel comfortable (fantasy wise) starting him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I think that's a bit of a reach. IMO, NE went overboard trying to force feed him the ball on some basic plays against a terrible team. He saw 8 targets playing in only a third of the snaps. Highly unlikely he will see 24 targets in a full game. NE was able to experiment in a game they knew they could win even if things went south and AB and TB were on a different page and a play went for a pick six.

No way NE mucks up their offense just to have an over reliance on one player. They will use everyone as best they can and will target perceived mismatches. I see Brown as a bottom tier WR1 . . . probably in the WR 10-12 range. In general in NE, what happened last week will have no bearing on what will happen the following week.

The NE defense is for real, they will use their running backs, they will run a lot of clock, and there will not be a need to throw a ton. They may not face much of a challenge until after they are already 8-0 (starting in November). Their goal is to avoid injuries, get a W, and move on to the next week.

He played 21 out of 70+ snaps. He won’t need more than 8 targets a game to do top 5 damage, especially when they aren’t forcing him the ball. He’s also a big time red zone threat, which they will need without Gronk. 

I think people are vastly underestimating ABs talent. 

4 minutes ago, matttyl said:

He only saw about a third of the snaps from what I read last week.  That said, I just can't see a situation, no matter what defense they are playing, where I wouldn't feel comfortable (fantasy wise) starting him. 

Exactly. And his snap rate will increase with each passing week until it hovers around 80%. 

Assuming he’s playing of course.

4 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Interesting right, the Dolphins got burned back-to-back weeks by both WRs involved in the alleged rape case... one being the perp, the other being the "other football player" in the house at the time of the incident.

5 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

He played 21 out of 70+ snaps. He won’t need more than 8 targets a game to do top 5 damage, especially when they aren’t forcing him the ball. He’s also a big time red zone threat, which they will need without Gronk. 

I think people are vastly underestimating ABs talent. 

I beg to differ on being a AB being Top 5 with only 8 targets a game.He averaged 11.3 targets a game the past 5 years in PIT. Not sure he would still be Top 5 with a 30% drop in targets. Sure, he's a red zone threat, but NE has no problem using their RB's to get the ball in the end zone.

Just now, Anarchy99 said:

I beg to differ on being a AB being Top 5 with only 8 targets a game.He averaged 11.3 targets a game the past 5 years in PIT. Not sure he would still be Top 5 with a 30% drop in targets. Sure, he's a red zone threat, but NE has no problem using their RB's to get the ball in the end zone.

He was putting up other worldly numbers with an inefficient Ben R.

I respect your right to differ, but let’s check back in a couple of weeks... if Brown is still in the league.

Someone remind me, what happened the last time a hall-of-fame WR came to the Patriots from the Raiders?

8 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Someone remind me, what happened the last time a hall-of-fame WR came to the Patriots from the Raiders?

You mean when the QB was 30 instead of 42? When the team had an offensive line and TE's that could block. When Brady had all day to throw the ball instead of getting the ball out in 2 seconds. When they weren't constructed to run the ball. When they threw to their RB's half as often as they do now. Yeah, I remember those days.

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

You mean when the QB was 30 instead of 42? When the team had an offensive line and TE's that could block. When Brady had all day to throw the ball instead of getting the ball out in 2 seconds. When they weren't constructed to run the ball. When they threw to their RB's half as often as they do now. Yeah, I remember those days.

I'm not saying we're gonna get a repeat of Moss, just saying that the team that was always known for spreading it around to its no-name WRs changed when Moss got into town.

I just feel like people are over-analyzing the situation. AB is easily one of the best players in the league, and is now catching passes from the GOAT for as long as the NFL allows.

Not sure it needs to be more complicated than that.

• Like 1

Just now, Skoo said:

I'm not saying we're gonna get a repeat of Moss, just saying that the team that was always known for spreading it around to its no-name WRs changed when Moss got into town.

I just feel like people are over-analyzing the situation. AB is easily one of the best players in the league, and is now catching passes from the GOAT for as long as the NFL allows.

I think it is more complicated than that. Moss had months to learn the playbook. Brown has had days. The 2007 offense skill position players were almost all new faces. This year, there were incumbents and people on the roster that have won Super Bowls and had defined roles.Moss had some off field stuff in the past, but nothing near the circus that Brown has had going on the past few weeks. Brown had times where he was cited for ad libbing plays. That won't fly with Brady. Sure, Brown is talented, but I think Brown will have to adjust more to AB than the Patriots will adjust to AB. Guess we'll have to see how it plays out (and if Brown is around the whole season).

in the 1 dynasty league where I own him, I'm starting AB this weekend with confidence 😐

• Laughing 1

23 minutes ago, joey said:

in the 1 dynasty league where I own him, I'm starting AB this weekend with confidence 😐

Same ... and with thee exact amount of “confidence” you exuded. 

Brady will feed him. Because if He doesn’t, it’s a headache - some people will say he doesn’t need that headache. That is true.

But ... AB is easy to feed when he’s the best playmaker on the field. I really believe that’s what is going to happen, as long as AB is in the field.

sucks that NE doesn’t appear to have anyone good on the schedule 

14 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

May i present a very high theory?

Tom brady just put ab on the exempt list w his tweet

What tweet?

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

What tweet?

he just #### on the league, its refs and its thursday night product

1 minute ago, Soulfly3 said:

Oh, I missed that. That's kind of a leap to AB isn't it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Oh, I missed that. That's kind of a leap to AB isn't it? 

shot for shot

Just now, Soulfly3 said:

shot for shot

Sorta draconian

2 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

Yea ... by all means, DON’T post a link.

ps: not everyone is on Twitter, or social media - so please, link it up if it’s actually worth it

• Like 1

@Soulfly3

... I used to like you. Seemed like a decent poster. Aside for your Josh Gordon ball fest.

but this was a weird new low - how does any of this have to do with AB? 

You’re weird. And now on my “not take seriously” list.

shame

Edited by Ray Barboni
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

tom brady is THE face of the league. the nfl. 

look at what he wrote. 

you dont think roger, who is likely already on meds for his bloodpressure re: ab, is not going to be just a liiiittle extra pissed off reading that?

Edited by Soulfly3

3 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

tom brady is THE face of the league. the nfl. 

look at what he wrote. 

you dont think roger, who is likely already on meds for his bloodpressure re: ab, is not going to be just a liiiittle extra pissed off reading that?

No

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

i dont believe roger goodell is above the human condition

... this has nothing to do with anything. Not AB, not Brady, not Goodell, or actually anything.

thanks for the updates though. 

Have some poutine, and sleep it off 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 1:30 PM, Skoo said:

Antonio Brown runs the most precise routes of any receiver and has fantastic hands. Tom Brady is one of the most accurate QB's of all time. I don't think it is complicated at all.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 4:30 PM, Skoo said:

2 minutes ago, Mongidig said:

Antonio Brown runs the most precise routes of any receiver and has fantastic hands. Tom Brady is one of the most accurate QB's of all time. I don't think it is complicated at all.

Hubba Hubba 

46 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

just sounds like a grievance. That is a loose connection going on, IMO. Weed'll do that, though, so no biggie. 

51 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said: 

You’re weird. And now on my “not take seriously” list.

Now?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JamieMurphy said:

Is he trying to get suspended? Now he's sending threatening texts to one of the women who spoke to a reporter about his conduct.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/20/report-antonio-brown-harasses-latest-accuser-via-text-message/

Goodell should immediately put him on the exempt list for that... oh, hey pals, friends... go harass the #### out of this poor girl. Look how poor she is. What a psycho/meglomaniac

:lol: See my previous posts in this thread to understand the context (aside from the obvious).  What’s even funnier is I saw it at the store last night and bought a bag. :lmao:

i'm now sober...

my connection was medically induced at best, but after that new story just broke im telling ya.... Rog is gonna be FED UP.

the gift that keeps on giving 

• Like 1