Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Out of his Head - Out of the League

5 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

@AdamSchefter

After Antonio Brown’s latest Twitter tirade this morning, one NFL source texted: “Kraft never writing that check, no matter what the ruling is now.”

Sounds like AB rubbed Kraft the wrong way. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5

Call me a bad guy, but I am enjoying every single second of the fallout. I am not happy any of this happened from the onset as some women may have suffered at his hands.

However, his actions of leaving the Raiders, playing a coaches call, his actions now that he was released after threatening text messages? I am happy watching Brown get exactly what he deserves for how he has acted in his entirety over the years.

On the other hand, I shed no tears for the Patriots. They knew what they were doing and getting and they looked the other way and still are suffering at his hands. 

Its as if they are about to suffer for all their years of taking problem children. They got arrogant and its coming to a head for them.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

On the other hand, I shed no tears for the Patriots. They knew what they were doing and getting and they looked the other way and still are suffering at his hands. 

Raiders knew too, and Steelers knew the last year what a headache he'd become too

They knew the risk, they took it .... and washed their hands cleaned when they could. 

ABrown ... tossed away what, 100 Million over the next 3-4 years? I wonder how his 401K looks after the baby mama's get their cuts?

1 hour ago, JbizzleMan said:

:popcorn: 

I just saw pics of AB flying into Miami on a private jet. I wonder if he's personally paying for this, or somebody else is? Considering he possibly is never playing in the NFL again, it doesn't seem like to a good idea to drop 10's of thousands on private jet travel...

Sure. If there's one thing that comes to mind when discussing AB it's his decision making ability.

• Like 1

Went from hall of famer to cautionary tale about as fast as possible.  I'm not sure you could fall from a cliff that fast. 

Based on the information we have, it seems likely that he will be in financial trouble in a few years. 

1 minute ago, kittenmittens said:

Went from hall of famer to cautionary tale about as fast as possible.  I'm not sure you could fall from a cliff that fast. 

Based on the information we have, it seems likely that he will be in financial trouble in a few years. 

It will make for an interesting season. It sounds like he will not go down without a fight and will pursue all options to get his $40 million in guaranteed money from the Raiders and the Patriots.

I imagine no owner will want to risk being called out like this by a player. Even Jerr-uh likes to be falsely worshiped by his current and former employees (to be fair though he’s also been one of the more generous owners contractually).

Josie’s Anderson on Twitter: 

pparently someone legit needs to get to Antonio Brown, not AB the persona, Antonio Brown. "He's out of control & not listening," I'm told. Periodic twitter tirades, not entertaining, may be alarms. Intercession mentioned as an idea.

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/1175781800267931650?s=21

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

@AB84

Kraft got caught in the parlor AB speculations fired different strokes different folks clearly

SHOTS HAVE BEEN FIRED!!!!!!!!!!

Career is 110% officially over. Drop him now, kids. It's done.

Some owner probably signs him just cause they hate the patriots and that’s pretty funny.

• Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

Some owner probably signs him just cause they hate the patriots and that’s pretty funny.

He called out the nfl and ALL its owners a few hours ago. So, no. They won't. He's done. 

If he has any "real circle friends", not those that are a bad influence, they should try and get through to him.  He's in a very bad state of mind right now and needs help.  The problem is, he will fight off help tooth and nail probably.  After signing with NE I thought it was a genius move in how he and his agent orchestrated it, but now I realized my first thoughts on him were correct, he's just an idiot that has serious mental issues.  Yes, he can have both and can be mutually exclusive. 

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 2

When he signed in NE, I stated (in this thread I think) that I doubt it would work out. Not because of these additional issues but because the first time he had a game or games with very few targets and/or catches he would go off the rails

• Like 1

AB had applauded NE fans who sent threats to the SI reporter that broke the 2nd accuser's story on Twitter today, citing "the system is working effectively"

Keep holding onto hope, friends. 

After hearing more from a lot of people that cover the team, the NE coaches still were in favor of keeping AB on the team. Most of them raved at how hard he worked, how quickly he was grasping the playbook, and the opportunities they could scheme up offensively. Reporters asked/texted players  in confidence about AB being let go and the answers ranged from "Good," to "No one is shedding a tear for AB" to "Didn't want him in the first place" to "Didn't need him to begin with." Not a lot of support in the locker room on the player's side. Kraft and the players were not impressed. Coaches and QB's still wanted to try to make things work. But it was Kraft that led the charge on this one, no question.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 8:30 PM, SoBeDad said:

Some claim that Brown's behavior is evidence of CTE.  Soon, some of the brain pathology of CTE might be detected during life with a PET scan that measues a protein known as tau. But it's early in the research and studies with larger cohorts followed for longer periods need to be done. 

Probably shouldn't have been playing with a 10 year old helmet after all I guess. 

9 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Probably shouldn't have been playing with a 10 year old helmet after all I guess. 

According to one of the MDs who created the NFLs concussion protocol, No helmet can prevent or decrease the risk of concussions

He says he won't play in the NFL anymore.  Lol.  I don't think you have that option anymore. The XFL doesn't even want you. 

What a monumental fall from grace.  

Everyone is in tears watching this as well because he's been such a nice guy about it.... 

Edited by kittenmittens
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kittenmittens said:

He says he won't play in the NFL anymore.  Lol.  I don't think you have that option anymore. The XFL doesn't even want you. 

Everyone is in tears watching this as well because he's been such a nice guy about it.... 

You arent breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

AB has now called out Robert Kraft, Big Ben and Shannon Sharpe on Twitter.

:sadbanana:

Sharpe: "What did I do?"

1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

His E60 will be more like E600

Netflix series. Multiple seasons.

• Like 1

How long before dynasty players start dropping him?  I know, too early, but someone will get frustrated and do it.

Edited by JohnnyU

Just now, JohnnyU said:

How long before dynasty players start dropping him?

guys were holding Dez Bryant all last year in some of my leagues so I'd say not for a long time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

AB had applauded NE fans who sent threats to the SI reporter that broke the 2nd accuser's story on Twitter today, citing "the system is working effectively"

Keep holding onto hope, friends. 

Maybe he'll get a role in trump's white house

• Laughing 1

55 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

After hearing more from a lot of people that cover the team, the NE coaches still were in favor of keeping AB on the team.

Yikes. Curious what their breaking point would have been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killface said:

Why would the greatest president in my lifetime hire AB?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Yikes. Curious what their breaking point would have been.

Actual jail time. 

3 minutes ago, Loipz said:

Actual jail time. 

Belichick: “Is work release on the table, Your Honor?”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kittenmittens said:

If the SI article is even 1/2 on target. This guy deserves every bad thing that happens to him.

12 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

So going back and reading the first 12 pages of this thread was fun. 

Fun fact: On January 1st, this thread was just finishing page 19. >.>

24 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Why would the greatest president in my lifetime hire AB?

It's really not a bad idea for Trump. AB is one of the few human beings on the planet who can actually make anything Trump says sound reasonable, and as little accountability as AB takes for his own screw-ups, he still can probably teach Trump a few things about taking responsibility and admitting mistakes. Besides, him being a criminal and being an utter dumb ### on Twitter would fit in very well in the White House these days. Someone should start a petition to hire AB as his new Chief of Staff...

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

48 minutes ago, killface said:

I see a featured role in celebrity rehab in his future

Although he'd be entertaining af on celebrity apprentice

3 hours ago, JbizzleMan said:

:popcorn: 

I just saw pics of AB flying into Miami on a private jet. I wonder if he's personally paying for this, or somebody else is? Considering he possibly is never playing in the NFL again, it doesn't seem like to a good idea to drop 10's of thousands on private jet travel...

His agent more than likely.

Tex

See ya.

Legal fees subtracting from the savings.

20mil yacht with no honeys on board? Repair, insurance, gas, driver, docking.

6mil house isn't self cleaning and repairing. Insurance, water bill, electric bill, A/C. Pool water in Miami evaporates, refill, chemicals. Has a synagogue to upkeep? 

Personal jet costs 2mil every year in maintenance, gas, piloting, insurance, and storage.

Probably has multiple 6 figure cars.

Say goodbye to 6 figure jewelry, 5 figure coats, and 4 figure shoes.

5 figure alcohol. Current companionship is probably high maintenance. An entourage/security isn't free.

Hope he invested well. Social Media income dwindles with the stardom. FF players are clicking and giving him coin.

Kiss most of it goodbye over the next 5 or so years. 

But man... what a ride it was! Living the dream.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kittenmittens said:

I think Browns EXCTLY what the XFL would want. 

I have to say beyond any reasonable doubt that this man is mentally ill. These are simply not the actions of a sane, rational person.

• Like 1

First I thought he was crazy.

Then I thought he was pulling a Hamlet-esque playing crazy to hide his true intentions.

But no. He's just nuts.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 10:28 PM, Nigel said:

I just called the Pats and let them know. While not happy, they know what KellysHeroes says goes, and they respect your decision. 

You do that, their the dumb dumbs that signed the pyshco for 15 mil.

And yes, so far he hasn't been CHARGED... He's in a civil suit.  

Good on them for doing the right thing and cutting him but they need too still pay the price, 9 million.

22 minutes ago, KellysHeroes said:

Good on them for doing the right thing and cutting him but they need too still pay the price, 9 million.

They have paid him like $158K and are not paying him anything else. They will make AB fight for anything else and NE feels confident they won’t have to pay him anything else. 

1 hour ago, KellysHeroes said:

Why do some think he's going to see any more the 2 games check plus the 1 mil?  Highly doubtful he will see the 9 mil unless you know something more.

Plus NE can spread that  1 mil and 2 paychecks out over 2 years I heard.

14 minutes ago, towney said:

Why do some think he's going to see any more the 2 games check plus the 1 mil?  Highly doubtful he will see the 9 mil unless you know something more.

Plus NE can spread that  1 mil and 2 paychecks out over 2 years I heard.

The $1 million is supposedly out too. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

How long before dynasty players start dropping him?  I know, too early, but someone will get frustrated and do it.

Half of them JUST BOUGHT "low" on AB the past few months.

Me?   I sold high :)

16 minutes ago, phowler13 said:

Everyone dropping in redraft?

I dropped him yesterday for Dorsett