Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Out of his Head - Out of the League

On 10/26/2019 at 2:02 PM, Dez said:

Kraft is a jerk that is why Brown isn't in the NFL.  He forced AB out when BB and Brady didn't want him pushed out because he didn't want to pay him the money when he heard about the allegations which is pretty stupid considering of all people Kraft who has what is going with him to be the moral officer.

Brown should 100% be in the NFL right now the NFL is dragging their feet on purpose on this and it's keeping him out.  Nothing like the whole guilty before proven innocent in the NFL.

Phone call for you, says his name is Kaepernick?

• Laughing 1

On 10/26/2019 at 10:27 PM, DocHolliday said:

I don't feel sorry for Brown.   He got to NE by screwing over Oakland.   I hope he never plays in the NFL again.   

Definitely.   The Raiders gave up a 3rd and 5th and got absolutely nothing in return.  If AB would have lived up to his commitment to the Raiders and not been such a jerk he would still be playing.   AB manipulated his way out of Pittsburgh and Oakland by being a selfish XXX.  He didn't give a crap about his teammates or his fans so it is hard for me to feel any sympathy for the guy.

• Like 5

On 10/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, Dez said:

Kraft is a jerk that is why Brown isn't in the NFL.  He forced AB out when BB and Brady didn't want him pushed out because he didn't want to pay him the money when he heard about the allegations which is pretty stupid considering of all people Kraft who has what is going with him to be the moral officer.

Brown should 100% be in the NFL right now the NFL is dragging their feet on purpose on this and it's keeping him out.  Nothing like the whole guilty before proven innocent in the NFL.

Not sure about the assault charges, but AB is guilty of plenty.  Not sure he's worth the headache. 

Seahawks did due diligence....

translation: looked at summary of the 2019 season, & ”nope!”

• Laughing 1

Scheduled to meet with the NFL in person next Wednesday per Josina Anderson 

Link

Edited by whole-show
Added link

@AB84

Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly ! Making money off my sweat and blood #### the @nfl I’ll never play in that #### treat black   people the worse! Clear my name and go #### your self

Looks like he's in a good place mentally.

• Laughing 2

He's making this easier for the NFL every time he opens his mouth or tweets.

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Looks like he's in a good place mentally.

He had one on insta this morning that was along the same lines but a little different. Still had F the nfl in it, but minus the racial tones.   Looks like he took it down now.     

Edited by mozzy84

8 minutes ago, whole-show said:

Yes this stinking league was paying him tens of millions of dollars to play a game and opportunity to makes millions more in endorsements.  All he had to do was stay out of trouble and perform at game time.

Those lousy cheats, why would anyone put up with that horrible treatment?

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

1 hour ago, kittenmittens said:

Didn't he say he'd never play again before signing with the Patriots? 

I still have him in one dynasty league, but I hope he never plays another down and I never see him mentioned in the sports media again. 

I believe that tirade came just after NE cut him. Along with the dig at Kraft.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I believe that tirade came just after NE cut him. Along with the dig at Kraft.

LOL yes, then AND with the helmet thing in August. 

I'm convinced he has serious brain damage.  He played for years and we never heard a single bad thing about him. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I'm convinced he has serious brain damage.  He played for years and we never heard a single bad thing about him. 

Agree 100% and I also seriously believe it’s because of Burfict. That hit was brutal!!

edit to add- does anyone have a timeline as to how long after that hit all the troubles with him began or am I wrong and were there troubles before the hit. 

Edited by whole-show

Just now, whole-show said:

Agree 100% and I also seriously believe it’s because of Burfict. That hit was brutal!!

Surprised that CTE possibility is not discussed more with AB. Someone who really cares about his general mental health and emotional well being needs to reach out to him and drive him to a Neurologist, today.

• Like 4

At least he is leaving no bridges unburned. 

I see XFL in his future. NFL Hate Me.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

4 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

@AB84

Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly ! Making money off my sweat and blood #### the @nfl I’ll never play in that #### treat black   people the worse! Clear my name and go #### your self

AB

@AB84

I'm just very frustrated right now with the false allegations and slander to my name. I love football and I miss it. I just want to play and I'm very emotional about that. I'm determined to make my way back to the NFL asap

1:56 PM · Nov 7, 2019

Quite the swing in the last hour

46 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

It would be funny if it weren’t so concerning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whole-show said:

edit to add- does anyone have a timeline as to how long after that hit all the troubles with him began or am I wrong and were there troubles before the hit. 

He's been an idiot since 2012. $ turned him into a ####.

July 28, 2012: The Pittsburgh Steelers and Antonio Brown agreed to a five-year, $42.5 million deal after his two stellar seasons. Brown’s former teammate Ryan Clark would reveal six years later that Brown started to yell at then-defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and other defenders not to touch him because he was “the franchise.” Clark made the revelation on ESPN in December 2018.

• Thanks 1

"I'm just very frustrated right now with the false allegations and slander to my name. I love football and I miss it. I just want to play and I'm very emotional about that. I'm determined to make my way back to the NFL asap"

This is a lucid, well thought-out, intelligent and coherent post.     As someone that has followed AB's tweets I find it hard to believe that he composed this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

This is a lucid, well thought-out, intelligent and coherent post.     As someone that has followed AB's tweets I find it hard to believe that he composed this one.

Maybe he put it together himself or, more likely, he agreed to let someone else do it for him. I think either implies some improved decision making by him.

13 minutes ago, brun said:

Maybe he put it together himself or, more likely, he agreed to let someone else do it for him. I think either implies some improved decision making by him realization he needs more money.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

"Hooked on Phonics worked for me" - Antonio Brown

AB Agent: AB, we have a problem. That tweet will kill any chance you have of ever getting another fat paycheck.

AB: So what do we do?

AB Agent: Post this. You might be given one more chance.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

These don’t look anything like the illegible texts  he sent his former trainer 

17 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

He has the right to remain silent....but not the ability.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Props to channeling the judge from My Cousin Vinny. :cool: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have enjoyed making fun of this whole crazy string of events but I genuinely hope his behavior isn't due to some sort of disorder. While the whole string of events have been craziness I hope he can live a long and healthy life.

8 hours ago, Statorama said:

He has the right to remain silent....but not the ability.

A Ron White reference on an AB thread. Man, I love fantasy football!!!

• Like 3

Anyone else still carrying him on a roster?  Ive been fortunate to be able to waste the slot to this point but each week I think I should cut bait for a TE 2. 

2 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Anyone else still carrying him on a roster?  Ive been fortunate to be able to waste the slot to this point but each week I think I should cut bait for a TE 2. 

I think AB has burnt every bridge to reentry in the NFL.

The old adage, "If he can play, someone will sign him" doesn't apply here. AB is toxic × 10

Seahawks should sign him, then make him live with Josh Gordon and film a reality show.   

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

I sabotage cut him after he was released from the Patriots. 

11 hours ago, Warhogs said:

I have enjoyed making fun of this whole crazy string of events but I genuinely hope his behavior isn't due to some sort of disorder. While the whole string of events have been craziness I hope he can live a long and healthy life.

I hope he's just a jerk because I hate his guts.

6 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Only in the deepest dynasty league is he worth anything.

Remember, he gets suspended as soon as he signs, so, even if he comes back by the time he does the year is over

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, free agent WR Antonio Brown is not expected to play again this season.

Brown is slated to meet with league officials Thursday to address sexual misconduct allegations made by two accusers. Even if a team signs him (the Seahawks reportedly had interest prior to claiming Josh Gordon off waivers), Brown would likely be placed on the Commissioner's Exempt list until the NFL concludes its investigation, which may not wrap up until after the season. Further complicating matters, Brown has not turned over all evidence related to his case. Between the investigation, his ongoing lawsuit and Brown's pending grievances against both the Patriots and Raiders, AB has a lot to sort out before he gets back on the gridiron.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Nov 10, 2019, 10:52 AM ET

On 11/8/2019 at 10:59 AM, Ministry of Pain said:

Bi-Polar

Needs help but doesn't know how to ask for it so he just lashes out and has abhorrent behavior. 

Very likely. Just like my ex-gf. 

Antonio Brown apologized to Patriots owner Robert Kraft on Twitter.

The full apology can be read in the link below. It's obviously a last-ditch effort on Brown's (or, more likely, his social media intern's) part to clear the air while the league debates his pending suspension behind closed doors. Brown is still facing numerous allegations of sexual misconduct and, per Adam Schefter, is not expected to play again this season. We don't expect a team to take a chance on him next year, either.

Antonio Brown's Twitter post

Edited by The Frankman

I would suggest there is a 1 in 1,000 chance that AB, NE, and the league come to an agreement to allow Brown to come back and finish the season with the Patriots. Brown has already missed 8 games this year, which is essentially the same punishment as a half year suspension. NE will probably end up having to pay him anyway and there is still 11 days left for Brown to get on a team and be playoff eligible (if my memory on roster requirements is right). To reiterate, no other player has been suspended for a civil suit or for actions that were not reported to and investigated by law enforcement before. None of that will change that AB is out of his mind, but IMO NE would take him back if Kraft is up for it. It's very unlikely, but I am not sure it can be totally ruled out as a possible (but extremely unlikely) outcome.

57 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I would suggest there is a 1 in 1,000 chance that AB, NE, and the league come to an agreement to allow Brown to come back and finish the season with the Patriots. Brown has already missed 8 games this year, which is essentially the same punishment as a half year suspension. NE will probably end up having to pay him anyway and there is still 11 days left for Brown to get on a team and be playoff eligible (if my memory on roster requirements is right). To reiterate, no other player has been suspended for a civil suit or for actions that were not reported to and investigated by law enforcement before. None of that will change that AB is out of his mind, but IMO NE would take him back if Kraft is up for it. It's very unlikely, but I am not sure it can be totally ruled out as a possible (but extremely unlikely) outcome.

Tom Brady would like a word with you.

2 minutes ago, davearm said:

Tom Brady would like a word with you.

Tom Brady got suspended for an on-field incident not a personal conduct issue away from the game of football. Not even remotely similar.