Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Out of his Head - Out of the League

11 minutes ago, belljr said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw AB warm up, he's good to go.

I hop your not playing her in your fantasy league..smells like a rouse..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Looks Ok out there to me, 3/41 and targeted heavily already :thumbup:

Yeah, and should have more. Ben missed a big completion to him already 

3 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Is this Ben's first half numbers? 8 completions, 110yds, 1 int

Damn... not too far off

That DPI will have fantasy owners unhappy...could have been a TD, would have been a long reception.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

8-110-1

4 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Is this Ben's first half numbers? 8 completions, 110yds, 1 int

Update? ;)

AB currently at 8-101-1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The General said:

Toe seems good.

It's really not which again has me questioning whether or not Brown is actually human. It's just that somehow, even at something like 70%, he is still the best player on the field. 

• Like 2

I started Gordon over him. Won and needed to not give up more than 24 points of ground va another guy. Had I started AB I would have won the division and bye. :( Never will bench him again. Unlesss declared out.

4 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

It's really not which again has me questioning whether or not Brown is actually human. It's just that somehow, even at something like 70%, he is still the best player on the field. 

From watching warmups then game play , I think he got the needle

• Like 2

Anyone else concerned about the massive hit to the head he took on that TD catch?

3 minutes ago, ATB said:

Anyone else concerned about the massive hit to the head he took on that TD catch?

Did you watch his post game interview?  Looked great, happy, energetic, etc. No ill effects of head or toe.

5 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

23 pts in a 4 pt td league. I'll take it

That was written after like the 1st quarter or half.

1 minute ago, SCT said:

Did you watch his post game interview?  Looked great, happy, energetic, etc. No ill effects of head or toe.

I'm concerned that it's not always an immediate effect. It was a huge hit and direct helmet-to-helmet (and his helmet against the field as well). 

Maybe he won't be evaluated but I'm concerned that it's nearly impossible to not have a concussion after a hit like that. 

16 minutes ago, ATB said:

I'm concerned that it's not always an immediate effect. It was a huge hit and direct helmet-to-helmet (and his helmet against the field as well). 

Maybe he won't be evaluated but I'm concerned that it's nearly impossible to not have a concussion after a hit like that. 

in normal speed i thought he didnt take the hit to the head at all, but on replay it looked worrisome. almost exactly the same type of a hit that took mixon out earlier in the game. but as concussion protocols go nowadays, gotta assume he'll be fine.

17 hours ago, oddsbodkins said:

Need 20 myself and he's the only one that can conceivably get that from what's available.

17 hours ago, White Lightning said:

I'm starting him regardless of the decoy risk. I need 18-20pts and he's more likely to get it than Eli or LaFell.

My man!!!!

5 hours ago, need2know said:

It doesn't always work out, but this is yet another example of never sit your studs proving correct

This is nothing like that. 

5 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

This is nothing like that. 

Yup that phrase usually applies when your "stud" has a bad matchup or has had several underperforming weeks in a row.  You can certainly sit your "stud" if you think he's hurt lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Yup that phrase usually applies when your "stud" has a bad matchup or has had several underperforming weeks in a row.  You can certainly sit your "stud" if you think he's hurt lol

Exactly, your stud might not play and it is the Monday night game and you have no other Steelers or Bengals to take his spot. I benched him in both my leagues I have him. In 1 league I won and the other it wouldn't have matter.

9 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Straight up truth and also factor in it was MNF game and a lot of people did not have backup plan.

I sat him and it cost me a championship, it sucks, but if faced with similar situation I'd do it again.

First of all let me say I owe AB my likely win this week despite switching ben out for “Matty Ice” at the last possible minute and that I will hold AB on my dynasty team until he retires, out of respect.  

That said, did anyone else feel like he left another 22+ fantasy points on the field tonight?  Twice he stepped ob when it looked like he. Like have just kept on trucking and then the end zone PI he could have definitely still caught the ball but instead started pointing for the flag right away.  

Just saying this living legend could have put up a 60 burger. 

18 hours ago, Zyphros said:

The real MVP

He's in the conversation with Brady, Wilson and Wentz (although I am sure most will yank Wentz out of it now). 

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

He's in the conversation with Brady, Wilson and Wentz (although I am sure most will yank Wentz out of it now). 

I haven't heard his name floated around at all.  As a Steelers fan I want him to win but he probably won't because of the QB thing.  Wilson will probably win it, he means everything to that team.  

Just now, Ned Ryerson said:

If the Steelers win this week, does Brown sit Week 16?

Jags would have to lose too, unlikely as they’re playing the texans

6 minutes ago, Ned Ryerson said:

If the Steelers win this week, does Brown sit Week 16?

That would mean he wouldn't play in almost a month.  I doubt that they want him that rusty.  

1 hour ago, Faust said:

Guys tend to push things when the season is on the line.  You have to wonder how healthy he really is and how prone to aggravating the injury he might be...

ETA: Looking at some videos on Brown and the injury was more of a bruise than a tear.  That sounds like (to me) less chance of reinjury.

Edited by DropKick

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown (undisclosed) is expected to be "fine in a few days."

That was coach Mike Tomlin's expectation, as well. Profootballtalk reports that Brown is dealing with a strained quad. It's unsettling that Brown was shuttled from Steelers camp to Pittsburgh to be examined, but the matter sounds like it should be closed within the week. If you're holding your breath, it's probably not worth the stress.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Aug 2 - 6:46 PM

• Like 1

he is 30 years old.... WR production typically starts to decline at age 29 season... he is a human being as far as i know.

54 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

he is 30 years old.... WR production typically starts to decline at age 29 season... he is a human being as far as i know.

Does it really?