What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (8 Viewers)

At this point if the Steelers get a high draft pick I don't care where he goes.   Just get rid of this malcontent and if a rival gets him then they can deal with his shenanigans.  
Exactly, ship him wherever. It would actually be fun to watch a rival get him so I can watch and laugh after he throws a tantrum 5 seconds into the game for not getting the ball. 

Exactly, ship him wherever. It would actually be fun to watch a rival get him so I can watch and laugh after he throws a tantrum 5 seconds into the game for not getting the ball. 
I am usually not the kind of guy that begrudges a player that leaves the Steelers for more money but AB handled this so poorly that I have come to truly dislike the guy.   Good riddance.

Am I the only one who would like to see him never earn another dollar in the league? Unless the Steelers get a 1 or 2, I say let him hold out and rot. 

Am I the only one who would like to see him never earn another dollar in the league? Unless the Steelers get a 1 or 2, I say let him hold out and rot. 
I suspect he would not hold out. I would bet he would do enough to fulfill the terms of his contract while continuing to take shots at the team / coaches / players / management. It would turn into an NFLPA vs. PIT vs. NFL public relations nightmare. I believe the longest he could be suspended without pay IF it was determined that AB was not holding up his end of the deal would be 4 weeks. Beyond that, the Steelers could hold him out but would have to pay him. Not sure how that would impact their salary cap, but he would still be a major distraction. If he did suit up and play, who knows how much effort he would give on game days.

Saying deal in place by friday. 
I would think this has to be a pretty good offer for the Steelers if they are going to wrap it up by the end of the week.  I know AB has the 2.5M roster bonus that the Steelers would probably prefer not to pay him, but that is still about 10 days away (March 17th IIRC).  So a deal this soon seems pretty good to me.

I would think this has to be a pretty good offer for the Steelers if they are going to wrap it up by the end of the week.  I know AB has the 2.5M roster bonus that the Steelers would probably prefer not to pay him, but that is still about 10 days away (March 17th IIRC).  So a deal this soon seems pretty good to me.
Then again maybe they are in a hurry to get a deal in place before AB pulls his next trick

Some interesting insights, but definitely not great for his public image. It was not great for him that he said "I don't need to play football anymore", that's not what a new team would want to hear. But his point that if he feels disrespected, he can walk away, is a fair one. Players more and more often are walking away from the game at a younger age, but that's not a selling point to a new team.

Also, if true, it is interesting that Tomlin and Ben never really hung out with AB, but after he wanted out they invite him over and try to be buddy buddy. He makes it sound like he wanted a closer relationship and they never reciprocated, but there's no way to know if he ever tried to reach out either. It would be nice if Big Ben was one of those guys that would meet up with the pass catchers in the offseason and really build a strong rapport, but that's not his style, sadly. 

Titans are rumored to be interested, really hope this is an AB for Davis and a pick, swap. 

Also, if true, it is interesting that Tomlin and Ben never really hung out with AB, but after he wanted out they invite him over and try to be buddy buddy. He makes it sound like he wanted a closer relationship and they never reciprocated, but there's no way to know if he ever tried to reach out either. It would be nice if Big Ben was one of those guys that would meet up with the pass catchers in the offseason and really build a strong rapport, but that's not his style, sadly.
Ben comes off as a passive aggressive sniveling little weasel and a snake in the grass. Not that this is any defense of Brown either.

Ben comes off as a passive aggressive sniveling little weasel and a snake in the grass. Not that this is any defense of Brown either.
Saw the Brown ESPN interview finally.  He had good points about Ben not being a leader by calling out Brown in the media instead of keeping it in house. Pointed out how nobody in the Steeler locker room threw Ben under the bus after the rape allegations.  Ben is definitely about Ben. 

Catching up on the last 4 pages or so, and man this thread has been hard to read. I get feeling frustrated with Brown as a Steelers fan, but way too many people seem to actually hate a guy they have never met, and has done nothing to them, other than be the best WR in the history of their favorite team. 

Catching up on the last 4 pages or so, and man this thread has been hard to read. I get feeling frustrated with Brown as a Steelers fan, but way too many people seem to actually hate a guy they have never met, and has done nothing to them, other than be the best WR in the history of their favorite team. 
Irish Eyes brings the average down for all Steeler fans in terms of the frustration/hate question  :lol:  

Amen

I don't hate him as a person but I don't love him as a Steelers fan.  He's done nothing but disrespect the team that I've been rooting for my whole life.   I understand he had a falling out with Ben and Tomlin and had he just requested a trade I probably would be more sympathetic to his situation.   Instead he has been a total jerk and I am done rooting for him. 

If that makes me a bad guy so be it...

If that cryptic post means he's being dealt to New Orleans then it I guess the Steelers did not get a #1 pick in 2019.
That would be laughable him going to the saints. They throw to Thomas about 50 times a game.  What will the cry baby do when he is 2nd fiddle lol.

My $.02     I suspect that he (and Bell) have seen guys get monster $$$ around the league.  He wants it too which isn't all that ludicrous given that he is one of the best.  The sal-cap doesn't allow that to happen as long as he's a steeler.  Gotta become a FA somehow, or get traded to a team with lots of cap space.  Prediction:  he gets traded to a lesser team with cap space, makes his $$$, doesn't win ####, blames someone else.    

Browns have a ton of cap room and would love to have him but do you really think they would trade him to a division rival?

Browns have a ton of cap room and would love to have him but do you really think they would trade him to a division rival?
No. I think it will be the Raiders or Packers. But I guess there were some “signs” based on some activity online that the Browns were close to announcing something big. 

No. I think it will be the Raiders or Packers. But I guess there were some “signs” based on some activity online that the Browns were close to announcing something big. 
Yeah and again they would love to have him.......people will laugh but with Baker, AB, and that D the Browns would have SB equity. 

The Browns twitter stuff is kind of annoying because a few people keep speculating on something but no one will say why but it truly sounds like some serious smoke with respect to Browns making a huge trade.  I think most people are running with Odell as that guy, but when the trades is described more as "crazy" then "huge" it does make me think about possibility it's AB and not Odell, if it's any of them.

Really seems unlikely to me that he'd be a Brown but the twitterverse started blowing up on Browns making a big trade right about when Steelers said they'd like teams to give best offer by Friday. So maybe, just maybe, the Browns have made an offer that the Steelers are willing to take and Steelers are giving other teams until Friday to match or beat the offer so they don't have to trade him inner division.

Baker is elite.......they are a playoff team this year........
Personally I think Baker is good but I'm still a bit away from thinking he is elite but no denying the Browns are the most talent rich team in the division. Do they have the right owner and coach to get them where they want to go? Not sure, but the young talent they have and ability to add more is eye opening and worrisome.

Personally I think Baker is good but I'm still a bit away from thinking he is elite but no denying the Browns are the most talent rich team in the division. Do they have the right owner and coach to get them where they want to go? Not sure, but the young talent they have and ability to add more is eye opening and worrisome.
I've def seen enough......but i understand you want to see more.......I've been investing in Mayfield rookie cards like crazy.......he's going to be a Cleveland icon when he's done. 

If the Steelers had even an average kicker last year, they would have been an 11-12 win team minimum.  The Antonio Brown loss will hurt but they'll get something back in return and you have to think that their defense can't be any worse.  Cleveland is definitely the team on the rise in the division but I'm not sure that they're a shoe in to win the division this year.

You may want to pump the brakes a little.   :shrug:      They look good on paper but I'll believe that they can overtake the Ravens and Steelers when I see it.  
I actually have the Ravens in last right now. They caught some teams off guard with an unconventional offense down the stretch, but that feels unsustainable, and they seem to quietly be rebuilding, people just aren't noticing because they won the division last year, but Flacco, Crabtree, Suggs, Z.Smith, Weddle, Mosely(probably) and John Brown, is a lot of talent walking out the door.

Steelers/Browns/Bengals/Ravens heading into the off season in my book.

The analysts seem 95% sure it's the Raiders, and while I don't think that's good for AB, it definitely could have been worse. 

Per ESPN radio (Golic & Wingo) this morning the Steelers are telling teams interested in Brown that there is already a deal in place that will be finalized by Friday and made official next week.

Why not GB?

3 yr window with HOF QB.

2 1st rd picks

Name the 2nd option in gB's offense

Strong enough qb to handle AB

Thoughts?

Then they should deal with AZ for Rosen.
Well, that depends on how the Steelers brass views Rudolph and Dobbs. Also, the Steelers might want a QB with a different, more affable personality. Rosen and Ben seem to be more standoffish, rather than great leaders (from an outside perspective). 

Per ESPN radio (Golic & Wingo) this morning the Steelers are telling teams interested in Brown that there is already a deal in place that will be finalized by Friday and made official next week.
Boooooo. I don't want to have to wait until next week to find out about the deal. But I'm glad a deal is almost done. 

Carr and Brown get along apparently. 
If he goes to Oakland he's going to run all over Carr and frankly that's what I want where I'm invested in AB.

Boooooo. I don't want to have to wait until next week to find out about the deal. But I'm glad a deal is almost done. 
I'm not certain any trade can be finalized until March 13th but once it's agreed upon I'm sure we'll know in a matter of minutes. Feel about 100% sure we'll know when AB knows.

This stuff is all over the place.  PIT using the press to try to run up the ante as much as possible.

ANTONIO BROWN WR, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports "teams were informed" that the Steelers want their "best offers on the table" for Antonio Brown by Friday.

Per Rapsheet, the Steelers are "still trying to get a first-round pick." It's a perfectly fair request for the one of the best receivers in league history, but teams will surely balk at it. Brown's age, recent behavior and potential contract requests will be cited. Either way, the endgame is finally in motion.

Users who are viewing this thread