Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Out of his Head - Out of the League

1 hour ago, travdogg said:

Catching up on the last 4 pages or so, and man this thread has been hard to read. I get feeling frustrated with Brown as a Steelers fan, but way too many people seem to actually hate a guy they have never met, and has done nothing to them, other than be the best WR in the history of their favorite team. 

I don't hate him as a person but I don't love him as a Steelers fan.  He's done nothing but disrespect the team that I've been rooting for my whole life.   I understand he had a falling out with Ben and Tomlin and had he just requested a trade I probably would be more sympathetic to his situation.   Instead he has been a total jerk and I am done rooting for him. 

If that makes me a bad guy so be it...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

AB posted a pic to insta with Michael Thomas saying “let’s get ready for march”

If that cryptic post means he's being dealt to New Orleans then it I guess the Steelers did not get a #1 pick in 2019.

9 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

If that cryptic post means he's being dealt to New Orleans then it I guess the Steelers did not get a #1 pick in 2019.

That would be laughable him going to the saints. They throw to Thomas about 50 times a game.  What will the cry baby do when he is 2nd fiddle lol.

My $.02     I suspect that he (and Bell) have seen guys get monster $$$ around the league.  He wants it too which isn't all that ludicrous given that he is one of the best.  The sal-cap doesn't allow that to happen as long as he's a steeler.  Gotta become a FA somehow, or get traded to a team with lots of cap space.  Prediction:  he gets traded to a lesser team with cap space, makes his $$$, doesn't win ####, blames someone else.    

• Like 2

Browns have a ton of cap room and would love to have him but do you really think they would trade him to a division rival?

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

Browns have a ton of cap room and would love to have him but do you really think they would trade him to a division rival?

No. I think it will be the Raiders or Packers. But I guess there were some “signs” based on some activity online that the Browns were close to announcing something big. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

No. I think it will be the Raiders or Packers. But I guess there were some “signs” based on some activity online that the Browns were close to announcing something big. 

Yeah and again they would love to have him.......people will laugh but with Baker, AB, and that D the Browns would have SB equity. 

Just now, Leeroy Jenkins said:

The Browns twitter stuff is kind of annoying because a few people keep speculating on something but no one will say why but it truly sounds like some serious smoke with respect to Browns making a huge trade.  I think most people are running with Odell as that guy, but when the trades is described more as "crazy" then "huge" it does make me think about possibility it's AB and not Odell, if it's any of them.

Really seems unlikely to me that he'd be a Brown but the twitterverse started blowing up on Browns making a big trade right about when Steelers said they'd like teams to give best offer by Friday. So maybe, just maybe, the Browns have made an offer that the Steelers are willing to take and Steelers are giving other teams until Friday to match or beat the offer so they don't have to trade him inner division.

4 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Yeah and again they would love to have him.......people will laugh but with Baker, AB, and that D the Browns would have SB equity. 

I don't think they are getting AB but if they did, or Odell, I'd sure not be laughing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I don't think they are getting AB but if they did, or Odell, I'd sure not be laughing.

Baker is elite.......they are a playoff team this year........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milkman said:

This is correct.  The Browns are winning the AFC N.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

Personally I think Baker is good but I'm still a bit away from thinking he is elite but no denying the Browns are the most talent rich team in the division. Do they have the right owner and coach to get them where they want to go? Not sure, but the young talent they have and ability to add more is eye opening and worrisome.

6 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Personally I think Baker is good but I'm still a bit away from thinking he is elite but no denying the Browns are the most talent rich team in the division. Do they have the right owner and coach to get them where they want to go? Not sure, but the young talent they have and ability to add more is eye opening and worrisome.

I've def seen enough......but i understand you want to see more.......I've been investing in Mayfield rookie cards like crazy.......he's going to be a Cleveland icon when he's done. 

35 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

This is correct.  The Browns are winning the AFC N.  

You may want to pump the brakes a little.   :shrug:     They look good on paper but I'll believe that they can overtake the Ravens and Steelers when I see it.  

If the Steelers had even an average kicker last year, they would have been an 11-12 win team minimum.  The Antonio Brown loss will hurt but they'll get something back in return and you have to think that their defense can't be any worse.  Cleveland is definitely the team on the rise in the division but I'm not sure that they're a shoe in to win the division this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

You may want to pump the brakes a little.   :shrug:     They look good on paper but I'll believe that they can overtake the Ravens and Steelers when I see it.  

I actually have the Ravens in last right now. They caught some teams off guard with an unconventional offense down the stretch, but that feels unsustainable, and they seem to quietly be rebuilding, people just aren't noticing because they won the division last year, but Flacco, Crabtree, Suggs, Z.Smith, Weddle, Mosely(probably) and John Brown, is a lot of talent walking out the door.

Steelers/Browns/Bengals/Ravens heading into the off season in my book.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Send him to Baltimore where he'll get 3 targets a game.

I'll take the under on that.

• Like 1

The analysts seem 95% sure it's the Raiders, and while I don't think that's good for AB, it definitely could have been worse. 

5 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

The analysts seem 95% sure it's the Raiders, and while I don't think that's good for AB, it definitely could have been worse. 

They have the draft capital, the need, and Carr and Brown get along apparently. 

I’ve heard whispers of PHI offering the Steelers Nelson Agholor and their 2nd round pick for AB. 

Per ESPN radio (Golic & Wingo) this morning the Steelers are telling teams interested in Brown that there is already a deal in place that will be finalized by Friday and made official next week.

4 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

They have the draft capital, the need, and Carr and Brown get along apparently. 

And incompetent management who may be dumb enough to spend draft capital on a 31 year old during a complete rebuild... 

Washington is probably also in the mix, for the above reason. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

41 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Then they should deal with AZ for Rosen

40 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Carr and Brown get along apparently. 

That friendship will be tests if AB doesn't get his numbers :lol:

Why not GB?

3 yr window with HOF QB.

2 1st rd picks

Name the 2nd option in gB's offense

Strong enough qb to handle AB

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Then they should deal with AZ for Rosen.

Well, that depends on how the Steelers brass views Rudolph and Dobbs. Also, the Steelers might want a QB with a different, more affable personality. Rosen and Ben seem to be more standoffish, rather than great leaders (from an outside perspective). 

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Per ESPN radio (Golic & Wingo) this morning the Steelers are telling teams interested in Brown that there is already a deal in place that will be finalized by Friday and made official next week.

Boooooo. I don't want to have to wait until next week to find out about the deal. But I'm glad a deal is almost done. 

4 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Carr and Brown get along apparently. 

If he goes to Oakland he's going to run all over Carr and frankly that's what I want where I'm invested in AB.

1 hour ago, steelers1080 said:

Boooooo. I don't want to have to wait until next week to find out about the deal. But I'm glad a deal is almost done. 

I'm not certain any trade can be finalized until March 13th but once it's agreed upon I'm sure we'll know in a matter of minutes. Feel about 100% sure we'll know when AB knows.

• Like 2

This stuff is all over the place.  PIT using the press to try to run up the ante as much as possible.

ANTONIO BROWN WR, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports "teams were informed" that the Steelers want their "best offers on the table" for Antonio Brown by Friday.

Per Rapsheet, the Steelers are "still trying to get a first-round pick." It's a perfectly fair request for the one of the best receivers in league history, but teams will surely balk at it. Brown's age, recent behavior and potential contract requests will be cited. Either way, the endgame is finally in motion.

• Like 1

It feels to me like Oakland is the best bet. Cash in the pick they got in the Cooper deal for Brown. It just seems like they would have the best pieces to get this done. Please not Green Bay says a Packer fan. I don't feel his demands of being the top dog are worth the price you would pay to get him.

I bet this offer in place magically falls through...  Because maybe it doesn't exist.. 

They are just trying to make some team who is lowballing pay what they want.  I doubt they are able to sucker anyone in, but there are some dumb GMs out there... 

The statements about renegotiating for tons of guaranteed money are going to spook a lot of teams.  Gruden is making noise that it’s a sticking point for him.

3 hours ago, twood said:

Why not GB?

3 yr window with HOF QB.

2 1st rd picks

Thoughts?

As a Packers fan... the only way I see this happening is if 12 endorses AB. Packers don't have the history of signing the big name WR. Historically that money has always went to the defensive side of the ball. 

3 hours ago, twood said:

Why not GB?

3 yr window with HOF QB.

2 1st rd picks

Thoughts?

With an inexperienced HC in his first year?  What could possibly go wrong?

Pass.

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Colin cowherd said its downto tennessee and the redkins....barf....not sure how reliable his source is

Its all falling into place, get Rosen for a 3rd, AB for a 2nd, a healthy Guice, and draft a stud TE in the 1st.  Offseason Championship ;)

2 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Colin cowherd said its downto tennessee and the redkins....barf....not sure how reliable his source is

Short of the Ravens, could it be worse?  

4 hours ago, steelers1080 said:

Well, that depends on how the Steelers brass views Rudolph and Dobbs. Also, the Steelers might want a QB with a different, more affable personality. Rosen and Ben seem to be more standoffish, rather than great leaders (from an outside perspective). 

You should know by tomorrow when details leak out - but it can't be official until the start of the new league year.

10 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

AB is training with 4 Steelers in Miami today who were rookies last year, including Edmunds and Samuels. 

That's just great.  Having your young players around this nut job in the off season.

55 minutes ago, efactor said:

Short of the Ravens, could it be worse?  

Yes. I consider SEA worse then those two and fact they reportedly showed some interest makes me nervous. Since Baltimore is not a real destination I live in fear of SEA, followed by Tennessee.

Good news for those invested in AB is Diana Russini is saying the Titans are out. 

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Redskins have removed themselves from the running for Antonio Brown.

The Titans were also ruled out on Thursday. At this point, it is entirely unclear who remains in on the NFL's best wideout ahead of a supposed Friday deadline for best offers.

RELATED: 

Washington Redskins

SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter

Mar 7, 2019, 3:40 PM

They should just keep him if they don’t get better than a 3rd. He reaps what he sows by doing The Shop and all this social media garbage and new guaranteed money talk. Without that stuff, he goes for a first. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

They should just keep him if they don’t get better than a 3rd. He reaps what he sows by doing The Shop and all this social media garbage and new guaranteed money talk. Without that stuff, he goes for a first. 

I would agree with this post. Do we really think he's going to sit out if he's retained by the Steelers? He'd basically be ending his career. He has no leverage.

I think these teams are out of the running because a deal is in place. At this point I think it's 50/50 where he is getting traded breaks tonight instead of tomorrow.

The Cowboys gave a first for Amari Cooper just a year ago. Without the antics, Antonio Brown is worth much more. And yet the talk lately is a second at most. His antics were bad, but it will be hard to believe if Pittsburg does not get at least a second. Seems like the Raiders would give their acquires pick easily, which would equate to Cooper for Brown straight up.

Oakland just seems like an odd place unless it's just about a big name for the move.  I think most would agree Oakland is in a rebuild. Traded Cooper and Mack to free up money or not having to pay them money and or to acquire picks at least that is what was sold to Raider fans. Trading for Brown would douse those theories in gasoline with a quick match to set them on fire. 

Brown wants a new contract which would need to get done or at least the Raiders would need to know would get done before agreeing to the trade. Have to believe one of those first rounders they acquired would be included in the deal at worse maybe the  36th pick in the second round or some combination of picks in this draft and 2020.  Just seems crazy which means Gruden will do it. 

I still would not count out Green Bay, Seattle or Indianapolis all have the means to get it done.  I like Seattle has a dark horse myself. 

• Like 1