What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (9 Viewers)

It feels to me like Oakland is the best bet. Cash in the pick they got in the Cooper deal for Brown. It just seems like they would have the best pieces to get this done. Please not Green Bay says a Packer fan. I don't feel his demands of being the top dog are worth the price you would pay to get him.

I bet this offer in place magically falls through...  Because maybe it doesn't exist.. 

They are just trying to make some team who is lowballing pay what they want.  I doubt they are able to sucker anyone in, but there are some dumb GMs out there... 

The statements about renegotiating for tons of guaranteed money are going to spook a lot of teams.  Gruden is making noise that it’s a sticking point for him.

twood said:
Why not GB?

3 yr window with HOF QB.

2 1st rd picks

Name the 2nd option in gB's offense

Strong enough qb to handle AB

Thoughts?
 As a Packers fan... the only way I see this happening is if 12 endorses AB. Packers don't have the history of signing the big name WR. Historically that money has always went to the defensive side of the ball. 

twood said:
Why not GB?

3 yr window with HOF QB.

2 1st rd picks

Name the 2nd option in gB's offense

Strong enough qb to handle AB

Thoughts?

With an inexperienced HC in his first year?  What could possibly go wrong?

Pass.

steelers1080 said:
Well, that depends on how the Steelers brass views Rudolph and Dobbs. Also, the Steelers might want a QB with a different, more affable personality. Rosen and Ben seem to be more standoffish, rather than great leaders (from an outside perspective). 

Boooooo. I don't want to have to wait until next week to find out about the deal. But I'm glad a deal is almost done. 
You should know by tomorrow when details leak out - but it can't be official until the start of the new league year.

Short of the Ravens, could it be worse?  
Yes. I consider SEA worse then those two and fact they reportedly showed some interest makes me nervous. Since Baltimore is not a real destination I live in fear of SEA, followed by Tennessee.

Good news for those invested in AB is Diana Russini is saying the Titans are out. 

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Redskins have removed themselves from the running for Antonio Brown.

The Titans were also ruled out on Thursday. At this point, it is entirely unclear who remains in on the NFL's best wideout ahead of a supposed Friday deadline for best offers.

RELATED: 

Washington Redskins

SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter

Mar 7, 2019, 3:40 PM

They should just keep him if they don’t get better than a 3rd. He reaps what he sows by doing The Shop and all this social media garbage and new guaranteed money talk. Without that stuff, he goes for a first. 
I would agree with this post. Do we really think he's going to sit out if he's retained by the Steelers? He'd basically be ending his career. He has no leverage.

I think these teams are out of the running because a deal is in place. At this point I think it's 50/50 where he is getting traded breaks tonight instead of tomorrow.

The Cowboys gave a first for Amari Cooper just a year ago. Without the antics, Antonio Brown is worth much more. And yet the talk lately is a second at most. His antics were bad, but it will be hard to believe if Pittsburg does not get at least a second. Seems like the Raiders would give their acquires pick easily, which would equate to Cooper for Brown straight up.

The Cowboys gave a first for Amari Cooper just a year ago. Without the antics, Antonio Brown is worth much more. And yet the talk lately is a second at most. His antics were bad, but it will be hard to believe if Pittsburg does not get at least a second. Seems like the Raiders would give their acquires pick easily, which would equate to Cooper for Brown straight up.
I'm not so sure about that. Cooper is 24 and many people still think Dallas overpaid.  

Nobody is giving up a #1 for a 31 y/o lunatic. Did you guys watch his interview? That dude is off his rocker and looked doped up to me.

Geez, I thought this thing might do down tonight and for sure tomorrow but now a few reports are coming out that there never was a Friday deadline.

If so I'm bummed because not only do I want this resolved but if no Friday deadline existed they should/would have gotten out in front of that story days ago and denied it. In other words I believe their was a Friday deadline, which was an odd strategy to take in the first place, and now I fear it backfired on Steelers. That they are just now backtracking on the Friday deadline story on the eve of the deadline suggests the offers were even worse then Steelers expected or safety net deal they thought they had in place got pulled and now they are scrambling.

At this point they might as well just say AB is remaining a Steeler and or he won't play. Why they did not take the approach the Giants did is beyond me, should have said all along they anticipate him being a Steeler in 2019, never admit to trying to trade a player until you trade the player.

And I can only guess at absolute best, absolute best, they got the Bills second. 
Maybe they swapped high picks. A swap of 1st rounders perhaps? Only an 11 pick difference, would keep the Bills at 3 picks before the weekend, and be arguably more valuable than a 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised to hear that, I'd be ecstatic if I was you if they gave up anything but a first.
Its amazing how much crap Brown is getting. The Steelers(or Big Ben) are a little toxic. Bell/Brown both wanted out, Mike Wallace wanted out, Santonio Holmes wanted out. At some point, it stops being about the guys leaving, and more about what they are leaving. Just a thought, I am by no means a Steelers homer.

Brown would be the Bills best WR since...probably ever. Absolute peak Eric Moulds at the very least. Prime Andre Reed?

Surprised to hear that, I'd be ecstatic if I was you if they gave up anything but a first.
He is the opposite of everything the Bills are trying to build.  They are trying to build a “team”.  Brown is probably the most selfish, me first, locker room cancer.  He is going to be in Josh’s ear and could seriously hurt his progress.  

Plus, he’s going to hate this trade so you know he’s not going to be a good camper out there.  Wouldn’t be surprised if he says no, and doesn’t show up. 

Its amazing how much crap Brown is getting. The Steelers(or Big Ben) are a little toxic. Bell/Brown both wanted out, Mike Wallace wanted out, Santonio Holmes wanted out. At some point, it stops being about the guys leaving, and more about what they are leaving. Just a thought, I am by no means a Steelers homer.

Brown would be the Bills best WR since...probably ever. Absolute peak Eric Moulds at the very least. Prime Andre Reed?
I am a Steeler homer, or fan anyway and this whole thing blows but I still really like AB.

And he's the best WR the Buffalo Bills have ever had.

wanted out,
In the past 25 years, no team has spent more cap dollars on its players than the Steelers. They literally spend up to the cap every single year.

So while some players may want a bigger share of a teams allowable -- its not the Steelers holding back any money from their roster.

Users who are viewing this thread