What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (12 Viewers)

I've mentioned before, but I doubt anyone has a more "drama" affected dynasty team then mine.

Core players last year:

QB Luck - retired

RB Miller - ACL

RB McCoy - traded to KC

WR Tyreek - looked to be out of league, now no repercussions?

WR AB - c'mon man

Craziness.

I've mentioned before, but I doubt anyone has a more "drama" affected dynasty team then mine.

Core players last year:

QB Luck - retired

RB Miller - ACL

RB McCoy - traded to KC

WR Tyreek - looked to be out of league, now no repercussions?

WR AB - c'mon man

Craziness.
2019 All Pro Retired/Suspended/Cut team

I own AB on my long time (15 year) dynasty team. He is my #1 WR.

The Raiders are probably talking with their lawyers, and seeing if they can release him and pay him zero and void his deal. 

And they should. This guy is completely out of his mind at this point and just an awful teammate. Toxic and his NFL career may have come crashing to an end today.

Incredible. 

And my rebuild will begin. I was trying to deal Brown......and could not get enough draft picks.....now I wish I got one. He will be done most likely in the league.

What a fall from grace. This guy works harder than anyone at his position. No question. He is the best in the NFL at his position. He has also become the best ***hole in the league. Just incredible how he is imploding his career and his income.

He has to have CTE.....how can you even rationally explain this behavior? 

What a shame.

very much hurts his hof standing...

the guy's an idiot and a determinant to the league.  I hope the league suspends him for a year.

Those of us who own him can only hope somehow this get's worked out and is a one game suspension and we move on.

But unfortunately AB is bat crazy. This will not be the end of it and I think the Raiders now know this and are going to move on....permanently.  

Regardless of suspension length, he's toast as a viable WR for the Raiders and probably for the NFL. He'll have no $ left in 5 years. His bank account will match his working brain cells.

At this point I just hope this guy seeks, finds, and benefits from some mental health screening, counseling, medication, etc. Something seems to have gone very haywire in his headspace.

Oakland needs to take this gift from above and move on if they realistically can. They’re 0-0. What is this idiot capable of when they’re 3-7?

From what Rappaport is reporting it was mostly a one way shouting match with Brown doing the majority and it was about the fine and the letter. A few players had to hold him back including Burfict (believe it or not) and Antonio said he, "I'll hit you in the face" and punted the ball and said, "fine me for that"

From what Rappaport is reporting it was mostly a one way shouting match with Brown doing the majority and it was about the fine and the letter. A few players had to hold him back including Burfict (believe it or not) and Antonio said he, "I'll hit you in the face" and punted the ball and said, "fine me for that"
When Vontaze is the voice of reason and pacifism compared to you, you know you’ve gone off the deep end.

wow he's really putting his career in  doubt, I would've thought Brown in a Gruden offense would thrive but.....we'll see how it plays out..

if you think Kap was blacklisted, wait till you see what  NFL owners do to Brown. 

wow he's really putting his career in  doubt, I would've thought Brown in a Gruden offense would thrive but.....we'll see how it plays out..

if you think Kap was blacklisted, wait till you see what  NFL owners do to Brown. 
You kidding? Pats will sign him in a few weeks and Belichek will make him humble.

You know...hypothetically speaking....the way this would have been handled in the locker room back in the day is three defensive linemen pounding a mudhole in his.....

But now it plays out in Social Media like some meth head version of The View.

In order to handle this in the locker room, he'd need to go in the locker room. I think he's allowed his ego to paint him into a corner and all he can do is pile further dumb, selfish stuff on top of the dumb, selfish stuff he's already done.

I think AB is even beyond BB's ability to control.
Not saying this is the case, but wondering if going to a legitimate contender and QB would settle him down.  Wouldn’t Big Ben would have kept him in check? Maybe he can’t handle it with where the team is and the QB?

Pats really didn't really need Chad Ochocinco either... kept around Josh Gordon who, for better or for worse, is a bigger risk than Brown. Yeah, I could see a path to the Pats if Brown is released and sulking at home for a month w/o being the center of attention. The bigger issue is the possible suspension.

Oh you know it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying this is the case, but wondering if going to a legitimate contender and QB would settle him down.  Wouldn’t Big Ben would have kept him in check? Maybe he can’t handle it with where the team is and the QB?
this implies it has anything to do with football and winning. it doesn't. the dude is a nut.

someone earlier used the word "victim." this has been a pet peeve for a long time with athletes in general who love to say "no one believed in me." who the muck didn't believe in you when you are the best at what you do in sports coming out of college? adversity lost all its meaning in this context and i still can't tell if this guy really believes he's a victim or he's really a genius and all this is a marketing ploy for an aging receiver. The latter is wishful thinking, i know.

/rant

The working out in the driveway was annoying but he never went after a member of the FO overtly.
No, but he did insinuate his QB was gay, trash his HC in the media & act like a petulant child. 

As an aside, I believe Garcia ended up marrying his playboy playmate g/f, and if this is gay, please sign me up, because I’m super extra completely gay for her. 

SFW:

https://images.app.goo.gl/9JJ88xtw4UP1Qsvz5

her name is Carmella Decesare if you’re interested in NSFW images. I’m not encouraging this, but I’m also not not encouraging this.  :shrug:

No way he ends up in NE.....the Pats will not pay what this nut bag will ask. 
My prediction...

AB gets released.  OAK recoups 30M in guarantees.  AB signs with NE for vet minimum to rebrand himself on the best team in the NFL for the last 20 years.  AB is SB MVP.  Some sucker team (CLE?) signs him next year for 35M guaranteed.

No, but he did insinuate his QB was gay, trash his HC in the media & act like a petulant child. 

As an aside, I believe Garcia ended up marrying his playboy playmate g/f, and if this is gay, please sign me up, because I’m super extra completely gay for her. 

SFW:

https://images.app.goo.gl/9JJ88xtw4UP1Qsvz5

her name is Carmella Decesare if you’re interested in NSFW images. I’m not encouraging this, but I’m also not not encouraging this.  :shrug:
This is some solid... research.

The longest suspension for "conduct detrimental" is 4 games. The minimum? I dunno... we see players "suspended" for halves of games, sometimes just the first series, etc.
That’s true, but there may be something within the fine print of Brown’s contract that allows the Raiders to void it.

NFL rules =/= Contract law. 

There could be a poisoned pill/escape clause. 

-not an attorney

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread