What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (3 Viewers)

If he actually recorded Gruden without him knowing it then it’s possible he just broke a law against wiretapping. This is all so bizarre. 

Gruden liked the video.  I used to watch way too much WWE to know we are all being worked by Rosenhaus, AB and Gruden.  In AB messed up head this video is like a let’s get ready to roll.  

Yeah, at this point, Antonio could walk into Al Davis' never-been-cleaned old office, take a dump on the desk and Gruden still wouldn't touch him.

This can’t be real. I just saw Rotoworld 

holy forking shirtballs. 

This is just...fork, I don’t even know what this is. 

What a roller coaster ride for those who invested in AB. 

This wasnt even mildly weird compared to everything else lately.  I dont see why Gruden would be upset about that, his reaction of saying its awesome is not really surprising.

No big deal but the guy is definitely out of his mind.

No chance it ends well for the Raiders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just when you thought his agent had talked enough sense into him that he would at least pretend to be a good teammate, he releases a video that includes a private conversation with Gruden!?  This guy is clearly unhinged. Frankly, I will be very surprised if he gets through the season and he is now on my Do NOT get at any price list.

Sometimes I think we shouldn't base everything we think about a person  by what they say, meaning, "cracker".  Sometimes we say things we are sorry for.  Having said that, I do believe Brown is a narcissistic person and will continue to act out and become a problem for the Raiders. I eventually believe he will become such a problem that not a  team will touch him. .  I do believe the tolerant level of society (no thank you democrats, comunist), has changed the way we view the behavior of anyone and had bled over to the NFL.

Gruden liked the video.  I used to watch way too much WWE to know we are all being worked by Rosenhaus, AB and Gruden.  In AB messed up head this video is like a let’s get ready to roll.  
Las Vegas Raiders......sounds like a #### show with Chucky and AB the ring leaders....haha

Sometimes I think we shouldn't base everything we think about a person  by what they say, meaning, "cracker".  Sometimes we say things we are sorry for.  Having said that, I do believe Brown is a narcissistic person and will continue to act out and become a problem for the Raiders. I eventually believe he will become such a problem that not a  team will touch him. .  I do believe the tolerant level of society (no thank you democrats, comunist), has changed the way we view the behavior of anyone and had bled over to the NFL.
Agree with everything except when you brought politics into this. Brown's crazy antics have nothing to do with Democrats.  For all we know he is a Republican.

ABrown is like a spoiled child pushing and pushing and pushing ... and those allowing him are enabling him

suspension for many games without pay or total release is really all OAK can do because this behavior will not stop

and because of it.... OAK wins 4 games this year because of the cancer in the locker room destroying "team"  AB isn't about team

Had the same thought. Maybe they told AB to go wild. Get some attention for the Raiders.

Is another example of a narcissistic Millennials gone bad.  Here is a guy that just got paid 30M and he still has issues.  First, the helmet issues (not a Raider issue), then the frozen feet issu,e (again, not a Raider issue),  then not showing up for practice or walk-thus, again not a Raiders issue.  The Raiders paid him 30M guaranteed as he wanted.  This player seems to want to one-up his last transgression.  I honestly can't believe a player can be moved from the turmoil in Pittsburgh to Oakland and do what he's done having never played a meaningful down in Oakland.  To make threats to to the GM like he did, and make racial slurs like "cracker', and having not ever played a meaningful down for them yet?  What do you do  then?  The Steelers let him get away with all he did and Mayock called him out and he reacted like a child.

I guess I’m in the minority here, but that video doesn’t bother me in the least.  I took it as his way of expressing his side of things, and will move on from here.  While the timing may be very awkward, I didn’t get the feeling there was any malice intended.  I actually think it made Gruden look better, essentially a veiled ultimatum to just quit the antics and play football or it’s time to move on.

I can’t stand AB and have been very quick to criticize him every step of the way (nor do I have him on any teams), but this is a non-issue for me.

Just my humble opinion.

I guess I’m in the minority here, but that video doesn’t bother me in the least.  I took it as his way of expressing his side of things, and will move on from here.  While the timing may be very awkward, I didn’t get the feeling there was any malice intended.  I actually think it made Gruden look better, essentially a veiled ultimatum to just quit the antics and play football or it’s time to move on.

I can’t stand AB and have been very quick to criticize him every step of the way (nor do I have him on any teams), but this is a non-issue for me.

Just my humble opinion.
It's just one step of many to come.

"If you see something, say something."

Who's responsible for the intervention with AB? 

Law enforcement?  Mental health people?  Family and friends?

I'd like to think this is a stunt.  But, anybody else concerned this is not going to have a happy ending?

That 2:00 video had better production value and oomph than anything Hard Knocks did this season. Amazing really.

I think because HBO wanted the Gruden spectacle, instead of just forcing one of the finalist teams to do the show, they gave up a lot more say in the editing to the Raiders/NFL than they usually seem to. This season was so boring. 

Yahoo Fantasy Sports app latest updates:

Added weekly standings to Best Ball. Yahoo is the only Best Ball game to offer weekly prizes!
Put the finishing touches on Fantasy Football. This season is going to be live’r than you'll ever be
Added read receipts to chat. More improvements are on the way
Prepped the app for the launch of Fantasy Basketball and Hockey
Made bug fixes
Reached out to console Rex Ryan. He is shaken to the core by the state of Antonio Brown’s feet.

I have a feeling AB is not going to play on Monday for whatever reason. I know they say he is but I have a bad feeling.

Can you imagine the pressure Carr is under to get him the ball?  Can you imagine the first time AB is open and Carr doesn't see him? or Carr overthrows him or throws in the dirt?

There are way too many day's until Monday.

"If you see something, say something."

Who's responsible for the intervention with AB? 

Law enforcement?  Mental health people?  Family and friends?

I'd like to think this is a stunt.  But, anybody else concerned this is not going to have a happy ending?
Concerned?  It’s a virtual certainty.  Wait til they lose and Carr can’t buy time to get him the ball.  Train wreck.  

Raiders are among the worst franchisees  in the NFL and now  acting like the worst, Gruden just set them back 3 years With his decision, AB at best is the 2nd biggest Diva of all time, id say worth than TO. Gruden will get fired after 5 years with no winning season 's 

I live in Las Vegas and am SAD they are this dysfunctional, no way ill ever be able to root for them. 

People need to relax.  AB is nuts.  Truly a pathological narcissist.  The Raiders knew exactly what they were signing up for and the contract is worded such.  

From what I can put together AB has painted himself in a corner.  He has effectively put the entire contract at risk with his behavior.  My understanding is because he went AWOL without permission or telling the team where he was going, because he missed practices and meetings without prior permission, and because of "conduct detrimental to the team", he can play Monday night and the contract's "garanteed" clause will still be at risk.  He has done enough damage already to destroy the contract and I think someone (Drew R and/or Mike M.) explained that to him.    

Pigskin Fanatic said:
The first lesson: Gruden is the ringleader of this circus and don’t you ever forget it. He calls the shots and answers to one person — owner Mark Davis — who is so punchdrunk in love with Gruden that he’s a rubber stamp.

..That brings us to the second lesson from Friday’s decision:

Gruden — “culture” and team-wide message be damned — confirmed what Brown has suspected all along: normal rules do not actually apply to him; he’s too good.

“If they wanna play, they going to play by my rules,” Brown told ESPN before his trade to the Raiders.

The Raiders are following his edict. Brown can do whatever he wants, apparently so long as he catches 125 passes this year.
- I agree with this, and I think it will blow up. Gruden is as much the problem as Brown. And I'm not really confident that if Brown plays all year that he will have that good a season, or at least not of the quality they're paying him for. Gruden thinks he can make any QB great. And it's strange, because looking at his record he won a SB with a mediocre QB and a world class D built by someone else. He should have gotten to the SB over the Pats that one year, but that's it. Best of luck to everybody, Raiders and Brown fans especially, but it feels like they have fed AB's narcissism to get him to this point and now they're just feeding him more and the worst case scenario is that he does play, and that they do try to feed him the ball, and that will just feed upon itself against what's best for the team.

Gruden is just all in until something extraordinarily bad happens. Just win. 

Very dumb to not suspend 1 game just to have the leverage though. 

Gruden is more of an enabler than Tomlinson if that’s even possible.  Brown has given them their out with this video.  Gruden can spin it and say he likes it because brown says “no more games” at the end.  Gruden is the dope who needs to go if Oakland has any hope of not continuing to be a joke for the next 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread