Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Out of his Head - Out of the League

10 minutes ago, -X- said:

Wonder if he’ll get another letter with fines for detrimental conduct on Wednesday & missing practice on Thursday...

:oldunsure:

According to Schefter, the team told him to stay home on Thursday.
Also, Diana Russini spoke to Brown today and he denies saying "cracker" Said he wouldn't use the word.

ETA tweets

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 32m32 minutes ago

Antonio Brown told me there was never a scuffle at practice. He said he did not use the word “cracker” and would never use that word...Everything has been blown out of proportion” “I spoke with Mike Mayock 1-on-1, man-to-man.” #Raiders

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 33m33 minutes ago

I asked him how he’s feeling he said he’s better. I asked him if he’s happy? He said yeah, better. As for what happened on the field with Raiders GM Mike Mayock...

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 42m42 minutes ago

Interesting... the Raiders coaching staff never expected Antonio Brown to miss Monday. In house they kept game planning as if nothing had happened. “Antonio Brown mentally is in a good place” #Raiders

Edited by Mystery Achiever

2 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

According to Schefter, the team told hi to stay home on Thursday.
Also, Diana Rossini spoke to Brown today and he denies using "cracker"

It was meant to be a joke because the original fine letter caused the...  Oh, never mind.

12 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

According to Schefter, the team told him to stay home on Thursday.
Also, Diana Russini spoke to Brown today and he denies saying "cracker" Said he wouldn't use the word.

ETA tweets

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 32m32 minutes ago

Antonio Brown told me there was never a scuffle at practice. He said he did not use the word “cracker” and would never use that word...Everything has been blown out of proportion” “I spoke with Mike Mayock 1-on-1, man-to-man.” #Raiders

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 33m33 minutes ago

I asked him how he’s feeling he said he’s better. I asked him if he’s happy? He said yeah, better. As for what happened on the field with Raiders GM Mike Mayock...

Dianna‏Verified account @diannaESPN 42m42 minutes ago

Interesting... the Raiders coaching staff never expected Antonio Brown to miss Monday. In house they kept game planning as if nothing had happened. “Antonio Brown mentally is in a good place” #Raiders

So what the heck actually happened?  Why did word come out immediately that he was being suspended?

23 minutes ago, matttyl said:

So what the heck actually happened?  Why did word come out immediately that he was being suspended?

Rosenhaus yesterday said something to the effect of he's working with the Raiders to avoid the suspension (I didn't hear any contract void in this context, but implied) so i took this to be confirmation that every possible action that had been reported over the past 24 hours or so was at least discussed and considered.

He got away with a lot in Pittsburgh and he carried it over to Oakland. Why wouldn't he think he can get away with all this if he got away with it in Pittsburgh?  Mayock called him out and he acted like a child.  Brown isn't going to change and I expect him not to last long in Oakland and may not last long in the NFL.

• Like 2

9-141-1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joffer said:

9-141-1

I wouldn't be surprised at all.  He's the best WR in the NFL.  However, he could "TO" his way out of the league, and sooner,  if he continues to act the way he has.  

Edited by JohnnyU

If the Raiders are dumb enough to believe he’s sorry and not trying to avoid voiding his guarantee then they’re dumber than he is. 

The Raiders organization is an embarrassment. How can anyone possibly respect Gruden or anyone else within this organization at this point? They clearly don't respect themselves. I learned in 3rd grade that you teach people how to treat you.

• Like 4

Just now, WiDDoW_MaKeR said:

The Raiders organization is an embarrassment. How can anyone possibly respect Gruden or anyone else within this organization at this point? They clearly don't respect themselves. I learned in 3rd grade that you teach people how to treat you.

I think it is easy to forget what we are talking about.

The Raiders are a piece of the NFL.

What business is the NFL in?

3 minutes ago, Pigskin Fanatic said:

Oh the drama!

Grown men getting sucked into it like my wife to a Kardashian or Housewife series.

THIS WEEK IN THE NFL -  GRUDEN PULLS MAYOK'S PANTS DOWN?!?!

ANTONIO BROWN DOESN'T LIKE HIS HELMET, HOW WILL THE RAIDERS OVERCOME THIS LARGER THAN LIFE PROBLEM!?!?

MAYOK AND AB COME TO BLOWS, DANA WHITE INTERESTED!?!?

FOOTBALL PLAYER FREEZES FOOT, DON'T MISS A SECOND OF BIG BROTHER NFL!?!?

• Laughing 2

/cutscene of AB crying in locker room during apology (preview of next episode).

Edited by matuski

2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

and any other franchise in any sport on earth cuts him

Lol come on man you can do better.  That is so far from wrong 

17 minutes ago, WiDDoW_MaKeR said:

Seriously some of you guys act like he killed someone or did something anything criminal.  He hasn’t yet anyways lol.

Hell I've seen people in an office workplace getting in screaming matches with the boss and they didn’t get fired either.  And we are talking about pro football players in this case.  He will get fined again and they will move on. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

Seriously some of you guys act like he killed someone or did something anything criminal.  He hasn’t yet anyways lol.

Hell I've seen people in an office workplace getting in screaming matches with the boss and they didn’t get fired either.  And we are talking about pro football players in this case.  He will get fined again and they will move on. 

Yup the last fine went over so smoothly

• Laughing 1

5 hours ago, -jb- said:

What the #### are you talking about? The cracker is not the issue here, Dude! I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you do not... Also, Dude, "cracker" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Toxic masculinist," please.

Like it or not, AB played the race card.  That it was comical and unoffensive to most of us is irrelevant, it's at least a side show within this freak show.  Dude.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

Haha yeah, I've worked at dysfunctional places too...

If he wasn't really good, he'd get cut so fast.  Probably the same thing in your example.

4 hours ago, [scooter] said:

The problem with this analogy that using a non-racist word in a racist manner is not as bad as using a racist word in a racist manner.

The problem with grading on a curve juvenile behavior from adults is that it's the very enabling process that helped bring AB to this point of believing there are no boundaries in his life.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wormburner said:

The problem with grading on a curve juvenile behavior from adults is that it's the very enabling process that helped bring AB to this point of believing there are no boundaries in his life.

I agree, but it will catch up with him.  The tragedy is that no willing is willing to teach him because they have objectified him as a money maker.

Karma is not the consequence of a just and ordered universe; its the consequence of habituated patterns of behavior.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

He got away with a lot in Pittsburgh and he carried it over to Oakland. Why wouldn't he think he can get away with all this if he got away with it in Pittsburgh?  Mayock called him out and he acted like a child.  Brown isn't going to change and I expect him not to last long in Oakland and may not last long in the NFL.

Exactly, this will only get worse since they are enabling. Gruden is an embarrassment, you know he was behind him not getting suspended. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, wormburner said:

Like it or not, AB played the race card.  That it was comical and unoffensive to most of us is irrelevant, it's at least a side show within this freak show.  Dude.

you realize this is a movie quote, right?

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, irish eyes said:

Exactly, this will only get worse since they are enabling. Gruden is an embarrassment, you know he was behind him not getting suspended. 

I hate being a Raider fan.  

39 minutes ago, -jb- said:
1 hour ago, wormburner said:

you realize this is a movie quote, right?

-jb- you're out of your element!

• Thanks 1

Didn't he play at Central Michigan and slide to the 6th round because of character issues?

It sucks that someone with such God given talents can be such a tool.

• Like 2

Wow AB just released a video on youtube you have to see. The dude is out of his ####### mind. 

• Like 1

Produced by HBO Films

5 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I went to school with Mayock's Daughter actually since Mike is from the Philly area. Last I talked to her was before the whole thing but she's met AB before and she said with the amount of Football Players I've met in my life AB might be the dumbest one of them all. She works for FoxSports now and covers mostly the Vikings as a journalist. Having Met Mike a few times I have no doubt there was a fight or scuffle at practice. Mike is not afraid to call someone out for acting like a jackass. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

:lol::lol:

Get used to it rooting for Obj who went on espn to bash the giants with lil Wayne. They're the same guy

• Like 1