Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Out of his Head - Out of the League

Recommended Posts

I’m betting that this gets resolved as a “misunderstanding”... and then something else happens.  Monday is a loooong ways away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CKoz24 said:

I’m betting that this gets resolved as a “misunderstanding”... and then something else happens.  Monday is a loooong ways away.

zero chance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

guys... john gruden thought the video was "awesome"

 Apparently Mayock disagreed. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

:lol: :lol: 

so josh gordonesque, amirite guys???

Why in God’s name do you keep talking about josh Gordon in here? This is like you’re 10th post about him. 

  • Like 4
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soulfly3 said:

zero chance

 It is not often that I am in 100% agreement with @Soulfly3.

this is one of those times.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capella said:

Why in God’s name do you keep talking about josh Gordon in here? This is like you’re 10th post about him. 

au contraire.. for no apparent reason (aside from me being in here) i was peppered with "this is no worse than what gordon did" posts early on and continuing thru this debacle.

i did NOT bring him up. but i will take my shots where they are available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Not clear to him, it seems.

Therein lies the joke.  Knew he would go apesh!t again.

His future looks bright as an action film star or something.  Just think, not too long ago he was just doing commercials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soulfly3 said:

au contraire.. for no apparent reason (aside from me being in here) i was peppered with "this is no worse than what gordon did" posts early on and continuing thru this debacle.

i did NOT bring him up. but i will take my shots where they are available.

Shots on what? Gordon sucks and hasn’t done 1/1000th what AB has. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Short list of NFL teams willing to sign him IMHO

WAS

MIA

????

Zero chance on Miami. Maybe two or three years ago. Not now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -X- said:

Therein lies the joke.  Knew he would go apesh!t again.

His future looks bright as an action film star or something.  Just think, not too long ago he was just doing commercials.

Seems like everyone except those who drafted him in FF knew this wasn’t over. 

A lot of rude awakenings this AM, that’s for certain. 🤦🏼‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't like giving a crazy girlfriend a key to your house and hoping for the best. Tens of millions of dollars hang in the balance here and I seriously hope the Raiders protected themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capella said:

Shots on what? Gordon sucks and hasn’t done 1/1000th what AB has. 

Gordon might be the most overrated football player ever. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Young 8 said:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1170327996210827265

In addition to fining Antonio Brown $215,073.53 for conduct detrimental to the team that voided $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his contract, the Raiders sent Brown a letter that he no longer will be entitled to termination pay if they release him, per sources.

That is the clause that flipped ABs contract into a weekly play-to-pay.  No more guarantees. He has yet to be paid anything by the Raiders.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Shots on what? Gordon sucks and hasn’t done 1/1000th what AB has. 

gordon has done things in that 1 season that AB hasnt done in all of his either.

but we're talking about behaviour and attitude towards the team. comparing what ab is doing/saying/posting to gordon was absolutely ridiculous from the start.

im dropping it here. but if you honestly cant see the difference in what ab is doing to what gordon has done, then i dunno.

Edited by Soulfly3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm the helmet company, I file a lawsuit this morning to get any endorsement money back too.

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, That one guy said:

Are we in the middle of a villain origin story and this is the rebirth of He Hate Me for XFL next year?

The next Avenger movie. Except Ego was already defeated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soulfly3 said:

gordon has done things in that 1 season that AB hasnt done in all of his either.

but we're talking about behaviour and attitude towards the team. comparing what ab is doing/saying/posting to gordon was ansolutely ridiculous from the start.

im dropping it here. but if you honestly cant see the difference in what ab is doing to what gordon has done, then i dunno.

I don’t care about Gordon at all. This is a thread to laugh at AB. Take your obsession elsewhere.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

zero chance

I would have agreed with you any other day ending with “y” this week, but today I just don’t know anymore lol. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Short list of NFL teams willing to sign him IMHO

WAS

MIA

????

Why on earth would either of those teams take on a 31yo headcase like this? So they can go 7-9 and get a much worse draft choice every round of the 2020 draft? Let alone what he would do to your locker of young players?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what im looking forward to most is when no team signs ab after this, and he sues the league for causing his mental health/cte issues.

just wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Short list of NFL teams willing to sign him IMHO

WAS

MIA

????

Neither of those teams are going to bring in AB.  

After this?  Maybe Seattle.  Maybe NE.  And that is the end of the line IMO.  What coach can handle that?  Tomlin looks like a champ now.  I never had so much respect for Gruden in how he handled this.  

And no one is going to guarantee significant money to AB anymore.  That money ride is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BoltBacker said:

Why on earth would either of those teams take on a 31yo headcase like this? So they can go 7-9 and get a much worse draft choice every round of the 2020 draft? Let alone what he would do to your locker of young players?

you're not listening. He can show them how the system will fail them and show them the right way #theyputblindersonahorseforareason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brewer said:

If I'm the helmet company, I file a lawsuit this morning to get any endorsement money back too.

The way he's currently behaving I think his old helmet company could probably win a defamation suit at this point. I certainly wouldn't let my kids use any of their products after seeing this as the aftermath. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BoltBacker said:

The way he's currently behaving I think his old helmet company could probably win a defamation suit at this point. I certainly wouldn't let my kids use any of their products after seeing this as the aftermath. 

Theres a reason his old helmet company was not deemed safe any longer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Capella said:

I think that they are both media guys and know how to shut up may have more to do with it. 

Good point.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:
1 hour ago, Iceman03 said:

Remember when this was the Steelers fault.

The Steelers apparently are really good at football.

I have a new sense of appreciation for Mike Tomlin's player management skills.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

Gordon might be the most overrated football player ever. 

Christine Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paraphrasing from one of the MDs who created the NFL concussion protocol: no helmet can prevent or limit the number or severity of concussions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas have a line yet on whether or not another team signs him?  The ultimate prop bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Seems like everyone except those who drafted him in FF knew this wasn’t over. 

A lot of rude awakenings this AM, that’s for certain. 🤦🏼‍♂️

He had one passionate defender in our live draft room - the guy who took him in the 2nd round. Everyone else just laughed.

My live league has a Ph.D. who works as a psychiatrist and he called AB "the iceberg". Said "all the crazy you see on Twitter is only 10% of the bat#### insane he probably is." I'd say he nailed that one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Enderdog said:

There's no way the Raiders should let Brown back on the property.  He's a faux injury waiting to happen.

injury pay was voided also 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, brewer said:

If I'm the helmet company, I file a lawsuit this morning to get any endorsement money back too.

 I mean, from a marketing and publicity standpoint you have to think they’re thrilled with the return on their investment.  He’s certainly generating clicks. :shrug:

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -X- said:

Vegas have a line yet on whether or not another team signs him?  The ultimate prop bet.

If I bet $1 it's PIT do I get a BILLION dollar return?

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

The guaranteed money isn’t “voided” but is “voidable” now I assume to an extent. And that is future earnings.  Because there is no suspension and he will be active at 4pm today, his salary this year would be guaranteed  

Nobody else will give him guaranteed money, unless it is the XFL. 

Good point. It seems like his entire 2019 salary should be guaranteed if he's on the roster Week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the craziest part is he didn't just cost himself 30m... he cost himself 30m + however many 100ks it cost to produce that ridiculous video yesterday

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@spotrac

Antonio Brown’s $1M signing bonus was actually two $500,000 workout bonuses that required he attend at least 85% of the offseason program. He didn’t, so he’s already lost $500k. If he’s released prior to Week 1, he’ll leave Oakland with $0 cash earned, & $0 dead cap.

:lol::lol: 

it just doesn't stop coming.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, brewer said:

If I'm the helmet company, I file a lawsuit this morning to get any endorsement money back too.

Are you kidding? Tons of people are surmising that this behavior is a result of CTE...which would have occured while using a competitor's helmet. 

And with all this blowing up and AB's social media feeds being one of the hottest properties out there, what is pinned to the top of AB's Twitter feed?

Yup

That kind of exposure is almost impossible to buy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

He had one passionate defender in our live draft room - the guy who took him in the 2nd round. Everyone else just laughed.

My live league has a Ph.D. who works as a psychiatrist and he called AB "the iceberg". Said "all the crazy you see on Twitter is only 10% of the bat#### insane he probably is." I'd say he nailed that one.

Similar to my league… Guy picking one pick before me takes AB then I take Tyreek Hill, and he immediately bet me $10 that his combination of Michael Thomas and Antonio Brown would outscore my combination of Devante Adams and Tyreek Hill.

 I’m thinking Michael Thomas may have to have a ridiculous year for me to lose that bet at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

zero chance

I wouldn't be so sure about that:

 Spoke to a source in the Raiders building about the latest Antonio Brown situation “we all see the post but you won’t believe me when I tell you that everyone is just working. We are operating like he is playing” #Raiders

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1170340635674415107?s=19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

Gordon might be the most overrated football player ever. 

Ryan Leaf would like a word with you.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.