What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (3 Viewers)

Ben isn't perfect.  And Tomlin let AB get away with too much for too long.  But the majority of this AB drama is caused by him, like 95% of it. 

AB has never been accused of not being a hard worker.  I think when he gets traded he's going to bust his ### to prove that he's just that good and he wasn't just a product of the Steeler's system.
I think this is one of the main reasons he wants out - I think he wants to prove that he can be one if the (if not THE best) WR in the game on a different team.

I remember someone calling him out during the season saying something to the effect that he'd be nothing without Ben and the Steeler system, and his trolly on Twitter it IG was 'Trade me and let's find out'. I think from that moment on, he really started to wonder.

I think this is one of the main reasons he wants out - I think he wants to prove that he can be one if the (if not THE best) WR in the game on a different team.

I remember someone calling him out during the season saying something to the effect that he'd be nothing without Ben and the Steeler system, and his trolly on Twitter it IG was 'Trade me and let's find out'. I think from that moment on, he really started to wonder.
I think it will depend on a lot of factors. He could get traded to a terrible team. He might not end up with a QB not on the same level as Roethlisberger. He could have an OC that is in over his head. Less accomplished WR's across the league could sign for way more money than Brown is due to make. If Brown still isn't happy, I am not sure he will automatically kill himself if ends up in a bad situation or if he doesn't get his contract tweaked. He could end up on a team like the Raiders with a rookie QB (if they move on from Carr).

If/when Brown is dealt, am I alone in being worried about JuJu's fantasy value? Brown has commanded double teams, and his replacement will likely be either Washington(who looked lost as a rookie) or Switzer who is more of a slot guy, which is also where JuJu excels.
The Steelers were using JuJu in the slot or on the outside depending on which CB they thought would give him the best matchup - I don't think that will change next year - it's smart to put your best WR (in 2019) in the best position to succeed.

Plus, Ben is going to get JuJu 400 targets in 2019 year to prove AB ain't all that :lol:   

Pure speculation, but having been around many practices in football and basketball (not at the pro level) I wonder if AB getting yelled at by Big Ben was due to an adjustment to a play call for the upcoming opponent that AB did not do.  And it just so happens to this adjustment was put in at one of the meetings AB missed or was late or was not paying attention in.  It sounds like AB was doing a lot missing/late/(probably not paying attention) in meetings.  It clearly appears AB (like several elite WR of past) do not consider the team meetings to be all that important or he would never miss/be late for one.  I have seen this happen many times at the college level and I have no problem with the coach or QB calling the player out on not making the adjustment on the route if your not going to be at/pay attention at the team meetings.

It's about the money. Brown is 30 and under contract for 3 years. He would be 33 when he hits the market again. Brown and his agent orchestrated all of this to get traded and rip up that contract to get a new contract. I would pull a Mike Brown on AB. You want to sit then sit you play in Pittsburgh or nowhere. Mike Brown did that with Carson Palmer and Palmer sat at home for 6 weeks and Oakland gave up 2 first rounders for Palmer. I would take nothing less for Brown or he can retire. Pittsburgh lets Brown do this they set a tone for the next diva to do the same thing. Sometimes you have to be willing to take a hit to protect your future. Brown has no leverage and seems like people feel that he does. Bell is a different situation altogether. He was a tagged player at age 26 decided not to play and gave up 14 million to do so for the chance to hit the market and recoup what he lost. Brown is under contract for 3 years and is 30 big difference
I don't disagree that brown and his agent planned ahead on this, but

1) setting precedent with lev bell didn't prevent this, so the value of precedent is questionable. 

2) if they planned on pushing his way out after he got his guaranteed money, shame on the steelers for structuring the contract in a way that rewards it.  This move should never come as a surprise on a front loaded contract. 

3) front loaded contracts generally have some kind of escalator, roster bonus,  workout bonus, option clause - something that rewards the player for staying after the front load is paid.  If this contract didn't have that, it was likely structured as a longer deal to split the guaranteed money out over a longer period of time for salary cap purposes. The salary in the later years provides a baseline for a contract for later - if his play slipped, he'd still earn that much unless they cut him or threatened to cut him if he didn't take a pay cut.  If he continued to play like the best receiver in the league, he could renegotiate at this point.  

He's earned out played these "lower" salary years, so it should be absolutely zero surprise that he wants to renegotiate.  Which leads us to

4) the steelers botched their locker room, allowing the bell situation to blow up, players to get frustrated with ben, and all of Brown's weird behavior. For brown to want out without even seriously discussing a contract - that's just terrible management of their star talent.  

I am not saying brown is the good guy here but it's completely unfair to act like he's the only bad guy.  The steelers flubbed their championship window with the killer Bs harder than any team since the vince young dream team eagles. 

If you have three years left on your deal, being a malcontent is the only way to slither out of an underpaid contract and securing a new one. That’s the only way. Playing nice doesn’t stand a chance.  AB’s mentor, Terrell Owens,  knows this and is advising his pupil wi$ely. The owners will regret this decision to capitulate AB when the new norm becomes a handful of players annually throwing up their skirts to secure paydays they’re not entitled to. Do you really think AB cares about the Steelers negative cap implications? 

If you have three years left on your deal, being a malcontent is the only way to slither out of an underpaid contract and securing a new one. That’s the only way. Playing nice doesn’t stand a chance.  AB’s mentor, Terrell Owens,  knows this and is advising his pupil wi$ely. The owners will regret this decision to capitulate AB when the new norm becomes a handful of players annually throwing up their skirts to secure paydays they’re not entitled to. Do you really think AB cares about the Steelers negative cap implications? 
Just read a piece from Mike Lombardi on  the Athletic and wrote something I'd not heard anyone else say previously.  Per him, AB has a player option to void the last year of his contract.

I'd imagine even if AB was not squawking for more or guaranteed money and was willing to just fulfill his current contract this would lower his trade value a little since without renegotiating him you only control him for two more years.  All probably a moot point when he renegotiates with his new team.

In terms of this becoming a blueprint for players to follow in the future I'd say it's possible but a lot of that will depend on what kind of contract AB gets on his new team. Julio is expected to have  his contract redone and land somewhere around $20M over next 3 years is early speculation . Where AB's likely extension with his new team lands relative to that contract could either be motivation or a cautionary tale for any player looking to go the "AB route" in the future.

I still don't think money is what led to all of this, but I do think if right now everything was peachy with AB and the Steelers they'd have run into serious holdout issues if Julio landed that deal and Steelers were not willing to redo AB's deal.  I don't think AB ever intended to show up on time for the 2019 season without his current contract getting reworked, and I don't mean just converting salary to bonus like they did last year.

Does anyone else find it impossible to take someone seriously when they insist that getting paid $60M over 4 years, including $19M guaranteed is being underpaid?

Does anyone else find it impossible to take someone seriously when they insist that getting paid $60M over 4 years, including $19M guaranteed is being underpaid?
I would hesitate to use the phrase underpaid but it's for sure a lot less then he'd get on get on the open market so in that sense he is. That WR market got reset last year.

I would hesitate to use the phrase underpaid but it's for sure a lot less then he'd get on get on the open market so in that sense he is. That WR market got reset last year.
Virtually every position gets reset every year. If you want top dollar, sign 1 year deals every year. If you want security, sign 3+ year deals. If you want your cake and to eat it too:

Step 1: sign the long term deal, gather the signing bonus.

Step 2:  squawk your way off your team and to someone who will pay you another 3+  

Step 3: Profit

Virtually every position gets reset every year. If you want top dollar, sign 1 year deals every year. If you want security, sign 3+ year deals. 
Sure not arguing that but however you want to slice his contract is less then what he'd get on the open market. Falcons are going to redo Julio's deal and if they did not he'd have likely held out.

That's why I don't think this is about money. If that was the case he had all off-season to work on a restructure or hold out. I have not nor at any point thought this was about money, but if you are 31, underpaid by current market price,  and are about to get traded now would be the exact time to try and demand more guarantees/money.

Virtually every position gets reset every year. If you want top dollar, sign 1 year deals every year. If you want security, sign 3+ year deals. If you want your cake and to eat it too:

Step 2:  squawk your way off your team and to someone who will pay you another 3+  

Revis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure not arguing that but however you want to slice his contract is less then what he'd get on the open market. Falcons are going to redo Julio's deal and if they did not he'd have likely held out.

That's why I don't think this is about money. If that was the case he had all off-season to work on a restructure or hold out. I have not nor at any point thought this was about money, but if you are 31, underpaid by current market price,  and are about to get traded now would be the exact time to try and demand more guarantees/money.
AB forces his way out, gets paid again and this doesn’t smell at all orchestrated to you? With Terrell Freakin Owens in his ear?

How magnificently convenient for AB!

He signed a 5 year deal that included two high price years up front and 3 lower price years later.  Both sides fully intended for him to play those first 3 years. 

If he'd underperformed he'd have been asked to take less money or be cut. 

If he'd performed at the level of those remaining 3 years, neither side would have done anything because his contract would have been about right. 

If he overperformed, he'd ask for more money or a holdout/trade. 

It's not the same thing as signing a 1 or 2 year deal.  Both sides benefit from those extra years. The team gets to spread his guaranteed money out and the player gets some protection because the team is unlikely to cut him in year 3 if he gets hurt or has a good but not great season in year 2. 

Both the team and the player know how this works going in.  If the team didn't want him to do this, they could have put a year 3 option, but they chose not to because it makes it riskier and more difficult for him to do this.  That's how they choose to do business, and it's consistent with their build through the draft and sign from within approach.  The cost of doing business that way is that sometimes players do this.  They know this.  The players know this.  The agents know this.  It's only the media and fans who clutch their pearls and act like this is unexpected.  

AB forces his way out, gets paid again and this doesn’t smell at all orchestrated to you? With Terrell Freakin Owens in his ear?

How magnificently convenient for AB!
No because if getting paid was his main goal he'd not be acting such a fool.  I outlined this in an earlier response to you today that I don't think what AB is doing will be a blueprint for anyone to follow because I think his actions will prohibit from seeking the compensation he'd get if he handled his business more professionally. 

I think you are going overboard on TO being in his ear, and not just you but other people. He talks to Jerry Rice a lot as well.

I do think his actions lately are in fact orchestrated but that's to achieve his main goal, he just wants out of Pittsburgh.

No because if getting paid was his main goal he'd not be acting such a fool.  I outlined this in an earlier response to you today that I don't think what AB is doing will be a blueprint for anyone to follow because I think his actions will prohibit from seeking the compensation he'd get if he handled his business more professionally. 

I think you are going overboard on TO being in his ear, and not just you but other people. He talks to Jerry Rice a lot as well.

I do think his actions lately are in fact orchestrated but that's to achieve his main goal, he just wants out of Pittsburgh.
Acting a fool is the only way to get out from under his contract. Do you think he’d get his way if he asked nicely? 

Acting a fool is the only way to get out from under his contract. Do you think he’d get his way if he asked nicely? 
agreed, he is doing everything to force his way out of pitt. To the degree of trying to just trying to get released (which obviously doesn't happen). But if the steelers wanted a 2nd before all of his circus antics, maybe they will take a 4th or 5th at this point to get rid of the headache. Personally, I'm with OSUBuckeyeMan, I'd make his life a living hell if i were the steelers. The problem really boils down to that the steelers hold all the cards. You need to make sure the steelers get what they want, then brown gets what he wants(BIG guaranteed money), then you get a 31 year old WR (best in the league the last 6 years) with whatever(if any) headaches he brings with him. Lots of hoops to jump through, but someone will inevitably do it. Arizona, SF, Buff, NYJ? If I'm the steelers, i dont ship him to a contender. I'd take a lesser pick from a rebuilding team willing to give him the contract he wants, just to spite him for how he has acted. 

While it's not inaccurate to say acting like a crazy person will get him out of his contract, it also prevents him from being traded and reduces the value of a new contract. 

If the Raiders, Jets, or Cardinals trade high future picks for AB it will be the dumbest move in those organizations' history.  I'm shocked people are even speculating that a rebuilding team is giving up their top 5 or 10 1st rounder to get AB. 

I don't see the Steelers trading him for any less than a 1st. Eating 20 million in dead cap at the end of their win now window isn't worth a 3rd rounder. 

It sounds like AB has decided to move on, but who knows. Money can make people do strange things. Short of reconciliation the Steelers appear to be backed in a corner. There is a bonus due to AB very soon. The locker room chemistry has to figure into the equation as well.

I would be shocked if anyone is even considering giving the Steelers a a top 15 pick for AB. I think the Raiders giving a late first would be a good move. This team has no playmakers and AB bumps the ticket sales and excitement level up that makes owners swoon.

As someone with shares in AB I still have my 🤞that he signs with Colts or Packers. I would settle for the Panthers or 9ers. But more important than landing place is to just get stinking thing resolved. 

The team trading for AB has to bake in they will have to give AB a new contract so his approval of the location is important.  Can't see anyone rebuilding or not in what they believe is a two-year window to a championship wanting Brown.  Pretty sure I don't want Brown unless he wants to be in my city and on my franchise otherwise you risk getting the unhappy version of Brown. I would make it plain to Colbert that Brown would need to approve of my city, team, and QB. I would also know that I have to pay Brown and be willing to accept that so what makes that acceptable? A Super Bowl. Plus I don't see the Steelers trading Brown without a first rounder involved at the minimum. The trading team needs a GM with big stones too.

I'm not a fan of trading to any AFC teams if I'm the Steelers.  I like the Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, San Franciso Forty Niners and one team from the AFC. The Colts.

Seattle intrigues me because I think John Schneider though normally a builder through the draft he has the stones to make a move like this. They have decent cap space. They have a later first round pick (21) though no second rounder this year hurts a bit I think that would not stop them from getting a player like Brown. Wilson can handle the presence of Brown. Baldwin can slide right in as a number two. Lockett can go to the slot and AB can work slot or the outside.

Green Bay has two first rounders one (12) and (30) via Saints. Decent Cap Space and a different front office then years past. No doubt Rodgers can deal with Brown. The Packers have a legit shot in the Brown sweepstakes. That offense would be unfair with Adams, Brown, and Rodgers. Pretty good running game too.

San Francisco has the cap space and good front(Kyle) office for some reason I see this as less likely but surely much better chance than any AFC team has. Lynch is a non-factor Kyle calls the shots and would love to get a weapon like Brown but I think they are not ready just yet to contend though possible they are young and need to build through the draft the (2) is off the table not going to happen that leaves the (36) on the table which is still pretty good but would need to package more to compete.

The Colts have the most cap space lots of draft ammo thanks to the Jets deal from last season. I think Ballard is a genius who if any AFC team has a chance for Brown it's the Colts they own the (26), (34) (59). Andrew Luck also as the credibility to handle Brown. Ty Hilton can be an outstanding number two WR. Ebron at TE throw in an improving running game and fantastic head coach in Frank Reich this is enough. I bet Josh Mcdaniels would have nightmares if this trade went down. 
There are a lot of good points in here.  I still think the Steelers would be foolish to arbitrarily limit their possible trade partners b/c they don’t want to make a team they perceive as a rival better, or because they want to “punish” AB by sending him to a bad team.  Losing two All- Pro players changes their team.  They are no longer one of the top teams in the AFC, and they need to accept that.  If they can improve their team, they can make the playoffs/a run at the title, but they need to get better to do that.  Limiting who they’ll trade with makes getting better harder.

Withregsrds to the bolder comment above, why are you sure there is “no doubt Rodgers can deal with Brown?” Rodgers threw his coaches under the bus with his comments last year, Rodgers is clearly the guy in GB, and Rodgers loves Adams.  Browns issues seem to have grown out of Ben getting special treatment, calling others out, and seeing JuJu getting so much attention, team MVP, etc.  I’m far less confident than you that GB would be a good situation.  

I’m also not sure how/why Luck is any more credible than Ben with regards to handling AB.  I don’t see that situation as bad, I just don’t get where that thought comes from.

The team trading for AB has to bake in they will have to give AB a new contract so his approval of the location is important.  Can't see anyone rebuilding or not in what they believe is a two-year window to a championship wanting Brown.  Pretty sure I don't want Brown unless he wants to be in my city and on my franchise otherwise you risk getting the unhappy version of Brown. I would make it plain to Colbert that Brown would need to approve of my city, team, and QB. I would also know that I have to pay Brown and be willing to accept that so what makes that acceptable? A Super Bowl. Plus I don't see the Steelers trading Brown without a first rounder involved at the minimum. The trading team needs a GM with big stones too.

I'm not a fan of trading to any AFC teams if I'm the Steelers.  I like the Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, San Franciso Forty Niners and one team from the AFC. The Colts.

Seattle intrigues me because I think John Schneider though normally a builder through the draft he has the stones to make a move like this. They have decent cap space. They have a later first round pick (21) though no second rounder this year hurts a bit I think that would not stop them from getting a player like Brown. Wilson can handle the presence of Brown. Baldwin can slide right in as a number two. Lockett can go to the slot and AB can work slot or the outside.

Green Bay has two first rounders one (12) and (30) via Saints. Decent Cap Space and a different front office then years past. No doubt Rodgers can deal with Brown. The Packers have a legit shot in the Brown sweepstakes. That offense would be unfair with Adams, Brown, and Rodgers. Pretty good running game too.

San Francisco has the cap space and good front(Kyle) office for some reason I see this as less likely but surely much better chance than any AFC team has. Lynch is a non-factor Kyle calls the shots and would love to get a weapon like Brown but I think they are not ready just yet to contend though possible they are young and need to build through the draft the (2) is off the table not going to happen that leaves the (36) on the table which is still pretty good but would need to package more to compete.

The Colts have the most cap space lots of draft ammo thanks to the Jets deal from last season. I think Ballard is a genius who if any AFC team has a chance for Brown it's the Colts they own the (26), (34) (59). Andrew Luck also as the credibility to handle Brown. Ty Hilton can be an outstanding number two WR. Ebron at TE throw in an improving running game and fantastic head coach in Frank Reich this is enough. I bet Josh Mcdaniels would have nightmares if this trade went down. 
brown wont go for a 1st. I'd honestly be surprised if they got a high 2nd. 

The team trading for brown holds all the negotiating power. Steelers can decline and what are they stuck with? a headcase who os owed a roster bonus soon and doesnt want to play there. 

A team trading for brown not only has to give up a draft pick but also has to pay him a big contract... likely bigger than or comparable to OBJ. That has negative impact to Browns trade value. 

I think chances are the Steelers either rid themselves of Brown on the cheap, or keep him. I would be surprised if they got a 1st, and if they do they will have made out like bandits

brown wont go for a 1st. I'd honestly be surprised if they got a high 2nd. 

The team trading for brown holds all the negotiating power. Steelers can decline and what are they stuck with? a headcase who os owed a roster bonus soon and doesnt want to play there. 

A team trading for brown not only has to give up a draft pick but also has to pay him a big contract... likely bigger than or comparable to OBJ. That has negative impact to Browns trade value. 

I think chances are the Steelers either rid themselves of Brown on the cheap, or keep him. I would be surprised if they got a 1st, and if they do they will have made out like bandits
The Steelers would be in a tough spot except Brown is a great player. There's likely to be many suitors, so a team would have to outbid all the others. Consider what the Raiders got for Mack.

The Steelers would be in a tough spot except Brown is a great player. There's likely to be many suitors, so a team would have to outbid all the others. Consider what the Raiders got for Mack.
Brown is 2 years older than Mack, which isnt a big deal on the surface but when you're talking about a long term deal it is. I also think WR is one of the most interchangeable positions in the NFL. 

Everyone talks about GB... okay let's talk about GB...

Greg Jennings, pro bowler. One of the top 10 WRs in GB history. left GB. Bum

James Jones, impact player. left GB. Bum. Came back. and was super successful again. holds at least 1 receiving record in GBs history

Jordy Nelson. Pro bowl player, top 10 WR in GBs history. Cut. turned in a bum season

Why would GB trade a 1st for a WR when they have taken 2md and 3rd round (7th in Drivers case) and turned them into pro bowlers? why would any team trade a 1st for a soon to be 31 year old wr who will break your cap, and throw a fit presumably at the first sign of being "disrespected."

Hard pass. 

Comparing what Mack got to what AB could cost is like comparing apples to elephants. not even in the same category. A top notch defensive player in his prime is worth way more than a top WR on a sunset tour of his career. 

Comparing what Mack got to what AB could cost is like comparing apples to elephants. not even in the same category. A top notch defensive player in his prime is worth way more than a top WR on a sunset tour of his career. 
Yeah, so Mack is more valuable. Ok. Brown won't go for 2 first round picks. 

Luck won't have an issue with Brown. And if he did Luck has no worries at all. The Colts would back Luck before Brown. Just saying Luck won't feel a need to coddle Brown and should be able to handle any Brown issues based on being established. Rodgers pretty much the same thing really any established QB. Brown would be happy for a year or two anyway so really this is moot. Think about the Jets though. Not sure I want Brown around a very young QB there could be an issue there where Brown feels being a veteran he can control Darnold and or criticize the QB publicly if things went south.  
I get your point about Brown and a young QB, but Ben had won 2 super bowls before AB even got to the Steelers, id say that is pretty established for a QB.

AB wants his numbers (not wins or super bowls) and it sure looks like he didn't like having a 1B type of WR in JuJu last year... he wants to be the alpha WR.  The more I think about it the more I like him going to OAK for one of their first round picks... he can get his 160 targets and be happy whether they are winning games or not.

Luck won't have an issue with Brown. And if he did Luck has no worries at all. The Colts would back Luck before Brown. Just saying Luck won't feel a need to coddle Brown and should be able to handle any Brown issues based on being established. 
What in Lucks history makes this such a factual statement? 

He hasnt dealt with anyone at the primadonna level of AB. 

I'm not a huge Colta fan, but Luck doesnt seem like a hard asses no nonsense QB where "the buck stops with me." IMO he seems like a guy who leads by example more than confronting problems. But maybe I'm wrong about him. 

Brown would be a terrible locker room fit in GB, but he would make that offense explosive. If AB cant deal with JuJu getting 8 targets when he himself gets 12, there is no way he will be happy with the way GB likes to spread the ball. 

Winning cures all, sure, but GB is more than a WR away from superbowl contender, especially in the NFC where the Rams look like the team to beat for the next half decade

.We are talking about grown men here. 
Chronologically speaking, yes. That's about it. 

I agree, I think he is worth a 1st but I would be pretty disappointed if my team gave that up for him. 

He may out produce a 1st round rookie WR in 2019 and probably 2020 but after that I'm not so sure. So teams have to ask if 2 or 3 years of Brown ja greater than the potential of a guy like DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Harmon, Butler who may produce more than that over the next 10 years. Not saying they will be better than AB, but if AJ Brown can produce 3 years of 100/1200/8 is it worth a 1st and probably a good 60 to 80 million for the extra 30/300/4? I dont think so, but I am not an NFL executive 

I guess my point would be that pretty much Brown has to accept though a great player he is not as important as a franchise QB and that's with any team.

The younger QBs might have issues dealing with Brown but that's because they are young not because of the franchise seeing Brown as more valuable. Brown just is not as important as a franchise QB. 
Oh I agree 100%. I dont think AB will ever get the first point. and that's why I think he is destined to end up with a bad divorce with whatever team he ends up with.

With your second point, I understand what you are saying now about Luck and Rodgers and I agree. a veteran QB will put AB in his place due to the franchise backing him and his experience being "the guy."

Rams could play a role but they would have some work to do. Snead is clever though. Can't rule them out.  Howie is super smart to in Philly but they are really up against the cap and not sure they have the assets to move around to make it happen without really hurting themselves. Trading Foles could acquire some more ammo. We are all speculating here as to landing spots. I see Brown actually being pretty happy anywhere he goes for at least a season maybe two and then what he is 32?
I forgot about Philly. Yeah they are on the upswing too. 

The Bears look solid as well. GB needs serious defensive help, which is why I think they stand pat. Maybe a TE round 1 but I expect LB, OL, DL in no order

Problems off the top of my head:

-AB quit on his team over a Team MVP,  

-attends practices/meetings if he’s in the mood                                                 

-trading team must give up pick + pay him          

-10th year at a position that doesn’t matter  

-Legal issues from domestic violence to throwing furniture off a balcony. Add the driving 100+ mph, threatening to break reporter’s jaw, etc.                                

-Seems mentally unwell (see above, his Twitter, Mr Big Chest, mentored by TO/Ocho

-Throws tantrums when seeing less than 15 targets/game

-would rather lose and put up 10-150-1 than win and put up 5-50-0.                  

-replicating his stats is highly unlikely away from his youth, his first ballot HOF QB and always loaded offense (how would he do in JAX?) 

-because replicating his stats is highly unlikely, he could go insane immediately

Pros:

-Has been excellent on the field.          

-Could have 3-4 prime years left.                       

-Would put butts in seats.                    

-Could buy time for a GM on his last chance (Mike MacCagnan?)                     

Users who are viewing this thread