What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This year's draft could be best ever (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Kevin Jones, Stephen Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald (maybe), Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, Carnell Williams, Chris Perry, Maurice Clarrett (maybe), Eli Manning, ben Roethlisberger, Michael Turner, Rashaun Woods, Tatum bell, Michael Clayton, Lee Evans, Michael Jenkins, braylon Edwards, Cedrick Cobbs, Kelen Winslow Jr, Cedrick Houston, Devard Darling, Ronnie brown, Greg Jones, Quincy Wilson, Julius Jones, Mewelde Moore, Anthony Davis, Marion barber III, Frank Gore, Phillip Rivers, Fred Russell, Jason Anderson, J.P. Losman, Cody Pickett, Jarrett Payton, Clarence Farmer, Devery Henderson, Cedric benson, Johnnie Morant, Shaud WilliamsI don't think I've ever seen this much talent in one draft. Thank goodness I sucked in two dynasty leagues, where I traded for draft picks.A few of these guys like Fitzgerald, Clarrett, barber III may not be in the draft, but then again exceptions have been made in the past. I can see Fitz getting the exception because he attended prep school or something like that. Clarett would win if he challenged the rule. No judge would deny a player the right to make a living. Fitz might decide to attend college another year anyway, but then again, $$ talks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my love for college football has waned over the years, so I'm not as familiar with all of the top athletes this year. I guess that just means I need to do my homework before my drafts! :yes:

could be the best. then again it also could be the most overrated draft ever. guess we'll just have to see won't we. :)

could be the best. then again it also could be the most overrated draft ever. guess we'll just have to see won't we. :)
Overrated? I doubt it. With that much talent, even a few busts allows it to be the best ever.

Thank you Chuck. I'll be sure to check out all those potential draftees, as I do pick before you this year! (At least so far!)

I see a lot of this talent replacing some of the hopeful backups you currently have on your teams. You know who those 2nd and 3rd stringers are for both rb and wr. This class will replace them.Scared? I hope you didn't think the last 2 drafts would stock you team with depth :lol: I hope you weren't stupid enough to trade your 2004 draft picks. :bag: Unless you got RW or Porits, or LT, you know what I mean ;)

this will almost definitely be the best WR draft ever - i see at least 5 studs (roy will, regg will, clayton, woods, evans) with 2 knocking on the door (edwards, wilford) and of course larry fitzgerald possibly putting it over the top. teams with a WR need will be very happy no matter where they draft in the first.

The guy's childish and has to post his views on every thread like he knows every damn thing about football.
with all the drafts in the history of the nfl i question whether this particular one is the one greatest ever and that's considered childish? :lol:

this will almost definitely be the best WR draft ever - i see at least 5 studs (roy will, regg will, clayton, woods, evans) with 2 knocking on the door (edwards, wilford) and of course larry fitzgerald possibly putting it over the top. teams with a WR need will be very happy no matter where they draft in the first.
best WR draft combined with Rb. i SEE just as many Rb's making a difference as WR :) Unbelievable!! This is why I spread the knowledge to the world!!! It will be household names by the time draft comes around anyway :P

with all the drafts in the history of the nfl i question whether this particular one is the one greatest ever and that's considered childish? :lol:
I've read a lot of your posts and I've come to the conclusion that you are a child. A real dumb ### :P

This is great for the Patriots.They can tale OL with the Balt pick, then take RB and WR with the next two and got top end talent.

The guy's childish and has to post his views on every thread like he knows every damn thing about football.
I sure don't think you mean that about me. I havent' expressed my opinion enough for that.

btw, i LOVE quincy wilson as a sleeper RB - he wont be picked in the top 5 RB (unless some team likes him as much as i do - hopefully my steelers if he is reached for) - but let me tell you, as a big east FB football fan, this kid's running style is PERFECT for the NFL. hits the hole hard and doesnt look back. pretty nimble - runs a lot like jamal. look for him to make a splash somewhere.

JohnnyU isn't childish. He's just wired his internet connection directly into his brain to bypass the Human/Machine interface! :P

I've read a lot of your posts and I've come to the conclusion that you are a child. A real dumb ### :P
I don't see how you couldn't read at least one of his posts considering he has to put his "expert" opinion on every thread. Anyway I've allowed him to hijack another thread. So back on task here. I really believe Fitzgerald would be allowed into the NFL if he wants too. I think he would have to be the first reciever taken with all that he's done in college and how it compares to some other NFL recievers. Clarett would win his case but I don't think he could win in time to be drafted this year. I've come to the conclusion that he's an idiot. He was failing gym class at one point this year. :eek: I'm not sure any team would want to take the risk on him in the first round anyway. The right thing for him to do would have been to accept the suspension then come back with a vengence next year but oh well let's not listen to one of the greatest NFL minds in Jim Brown let's be a wise ### teenager who thinks he's the NFL's version of Lebron James.

JohnnyU isn't childish. He's just wired his internet connection directly into his brain to bypass the Human/Machine interface! :P
Rick, I'm wired for 2004. I just shared with you and the world the real picks for 2004. Those who put a lot of stock in 2003 with regards to rookies, will be disappointed. the 2004 rookies will replace your bench :P

I don't see how you couldn't read at least one of his posts considering he has to put his "expert" opinion on every thread. Anyway I've allowed him to hijack another thread. So back on task here. I really believe Fitzgerald would be allowed into the NFL if he wants too. I think he would have to be the first reciever taken with all that he's done in college and how it compares to some other NFL recievers. Clarett would win his case but I don't think he could win in time to be drafted this year. I've come to the conclusion that he's an idiot. He was failing gym class at one point this year. :eek: I'm not sure any team would want to take the risk on him in the first round anyway. The right thing for him to do would have been to accept the suspension then come back with a vengence next year but oh well let's not listen to one of the greatest NFL minds in Jim Brown let's be a wise ### teenager who thinks he's the NFL's version of Lebron James.
Very well said Iceman!!

It should be great, but I don't know about best ever. The 2001 draft was pretty darn good.L. TomlinsonKoren RobinsonR. GardnerS. MossD. McAllisterMichael BennettReggie WayneTodd HeapAlge CrumplerChad JohnsonAnthony ThomasChrsi ChambersTravis Henry Steve Smith Kevan BarlowRudi JohnsonJustin McCareinsThat's a pretty impressive group.

Rick, I'm wired for 2004. I just shared with you and the world the real picks for 2004. Those who put a lot of stock in 2003 with regards to rookies, will be disappointed. the 2004 rookies will replace your bench :P
I don't think last year's class was has bad as advertised but still you can't ignore the talent of this draft class. I just hope Pittsburgh gets smart and drafts a QB or RB.

Ouch! I was hoping this draft class would replace some of my starters!

It should be great, but I don't know about best ever. The 2001 draft was pretty darn good.L. TomlinsonKoren RobinsonR. GardnerS. MossD. McAllisterMichael BennettReggie WayneTodd HeapAlge CrumplerChad JohnsonAnthony ThomasChrsi ChambersTravis Henry Steve Smith Kevan BarlowRudi JohnsonJustin McCareinsThat's a pretty impressive group.
So far a pretty good class. A lot better than last year. 2004 will be hard pressed to beat it, but I think it will ;)

James Jackson Quincy CarterDominic Rhodes Marcel ShippCorrell BuckhalterLamont JordanATrain It would take me too long to type the rest.

I just hope Pittsburgh gets smart and drafts a QB or RB.
From what I understand, they're likely to end up with Drew Henson. If they do, and they draft a stud RB like Cadillac Williams, that could be a very dangerous team for at least 5-6 more years.

exactly. thank you. that's what i was talking about because you don't even know until a couple of years later. it' would appear that there are a lot of good receivers this year but after kevin jones and maybe stephen jackson are there any other good backs really.

but after kevin jones and maybe stephen jackson are there any other good backs really.
Carnell WilliamsChris PerryJulius JonesCedric CobbsCedric HoustonGreg JonesMewelde MooreCedric BensonShaud WilliamsThere are going to be at least 4 studs from that bunch. Cadillac and Perry are as close to a sure thing as you can get.

exactly. thank you. that's what i was talking about because you don't even know until a couple of years later. it' would appear that there are a lot of good receivers this year but after kevin jones and maybe stephen jackson are there any other good backs really.
Carnell WilliamsGreg JonesChris Perry Melwelde Moore Cedric Benson perhaps Anthony DavisCedric CobbsMichael the burner TurnerBarber IIIJulius Jones

Carnell WilliamsChris PerryJulius JonesCedric CobbsCedric HoustonGreg JonesMewelde MooreCedric BensonShaud WilliamsThere are going to be at least 4 studs from that bunch. Cadillac and Perry are as close to a sure thing as you can get.
LOL :P

If you think that Kevin Jones and Stephen Jackson is all you know, then I doubt your knowledge of fantasy football. There is plenty of talent at Rb. A lot more than the backups that currently exist in the NFL.

Also how bout Quincy Wilson out of West Virgina. That guy ran well on Miami and VTech. Not to mention gave one of the hits of the year in the Miami game.

i don't think that i could ever call a running back from the university of michigan a sure thing. he could be the exception. but sure thing's a stretch don't you think?

i don't think that i could ever call a running back from the university of michigan a sure thing. he could be the exception. but sure thing's a stretch don't you think?
I'll be honest I don't think calling anybody a sure thing is a good idea. Remember Thomas Jones....

If you think that Kevin Jones and Stephen Jackson is all you know, then I doubt your knowledge of fantasy football. There is plenty of talent at Rb. A lot more than the backups that currently exist in the NFL.
and these running backs have played exactly how many nfl games to prove this theory of yours a fact? i don't see what knowing the rookies has to do with knowing fantasy football. next year in redraft leagues you pretty much stay away from the receivers and qbs and depending on where the rb's go you draft accordingly.

I've been reading a lot of your posts and following all of them. I've come to the conclusion that you are one bitter dude. You always are negative :lol:

I think this years QB class could be underrated right now. Manning and Roethlisberger, of course, then JP Losman, Josh Harris, Andrew Walter, Philip Rivers, Cody Pickett, Jeff Smoker, Matt Schaub.

I think this years QB class could be underrated right now. Manning and Roethlisberger, of course, then JP Losman, Josh Harris, Andrew Walter, Philip Rivers, Cody Pickett, Jeff Smoker, Matt Schaub.
I agree. I like Roethlisberger better than Manning. then again I like Manning better than Roethlisberger. Get my drift?

I've been reading a lot of your posts and following all of them. I've come to the conclusion that you are one bitter dude. You always are negative :lol:
what you call being negative i call being smart. you can't get too high on players. that'll help you come draft time or if you're looking to draft a player. there seems to be alot of talent in this draft. there should be alot of draft resources that "should" be able to tell the studs from the duds. in my opinion i don't like eli manning and i like kevin jones a lot. i hope that the raiders draft him if there's not a great defensive player out there.but this is about skill positions. and i think that kevin jones is the best of the lot.

what you call being negative i call being smart. you can't get too high on players. that'll help you come draft time or if you're looking to draft a player. there seems to be alot of talent in this draft. there should be alot of draft resources that "should" be able to tell the studs from the duds. in my opinion i don't like eli manning and i like kevin jones a lot. i hope that the raiders draft him if there's not a great defensive player out there.but this is about skill positions. and i think that kevin jones is the best of the lot.
Yes we both like Kevin Jons, yet you dislike Eli Manning. This isn't the only thing that you are in left field with. Manning and Roethlisberger are the greatest qb's in the land. Do you really mean that? :wall:

Yes we both like Kevin Jons, yet you dislike Eli Manning. This isn't the only thing that you are in left field with. Manning and Roethlisberger are the greatest qb's in the land. Do you really mean that? :wall:
see this is what i'm talking about .it's all about hype . what does kevin jones have to do with eli manning? no he and rothlisberger are not the greatest in the land. look at the qbs doing well right now. how many of them are first round picks. i bet you were the same person saying david carr and joey harrington were going to be the "greatest quarterbacks in the land".

see this is what i'm talking about .it's all about hype . what does kevin jones have to do with eli manning? no he and rothlisberger are not the greatest in the land. look at the qbs doing well right now. how many of them are first round picks. i bet you were the same person saying david carr and joey harrington were going to be the "greatest quarterbacks in the land".
You make no sense at all are you now saying stay away from first round picks at QB. That's rediculous and absurd. Payton, Culpepper, Farve (ok second rounder :P ), McNabb, Vick. Of course there are going to be busts. You get that in every draft though. You go ahead and scamper off and look into your crystal ball and tell yourself which UDFA QB's are gonna score big.

You make no sense at all are you now saying stay away from first round picks at QB. That's rediculous and absurd. Payton, Culpepper, Farve (ok second rounder :P ), McNabb, Vick. Of course there are going to be busts. You get that in every draft though. You go ahead and scamper off and look into your crystal ball and tell yourself which UDFA QB's are gonna score big.
so then wouldn't it make sense to not get too high on a player and see who will be busts so you can avoid those picks? and if you're going to argue with me be fair. not once did i say avoid first round picks at qb. i'm saying that their not always the best in the land.

so then wouldn't it make sense to not get too high on a player and see who will be busts so you can avoid those picks? and if you're going to argue with me be fair. not once did i say avoid first round picks.
Your an idiot. We are talking about dynasty leagues. You see these leagues consist of teams that carry over players year after year. Now during the off-season these teams hold a rookie draft. During this draft the new rookies are dispensed to the teams in an order argreed upon earlier. Now during this draft the teams pick the player they see has best suited to there team... There I spelled it out for you like your teacher would. When you are in a dynasty league you are going to take who you think is best. I need a QB to backup my two solid qbs I have now. I like Manning so why not draft him. I'm just in awe right now of how little common sense you have. You either don't play in dynasty (in which you have no business in this conversation) or you trade away all your rookie picks (once again you have no business in this conversation).

this was about whether this was the best draft ever. johnny u said he played in a keeper league but what does being in a keeper league or not have to do with whether the talent in this draft is the best ever or not. only recently did you bring up that we were talking about keeper or dynasty leagues.

this was about whether this was the best draft ever. johnny u said he played in a keeper league but what does being in a keeper league or not have to do with whether the talent in this draft is the best ever or not.
Well last time I checked this is a Fantasy Football board but obviously you have no idea what that is either!

Well last time I checked this is a Fantasy Football board but obviously you have no idea what that is either!
The Shark Pool is reserved for sharing NFL talk and fantasy football strategy discussion. talking about the draft could be considered both don't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread