What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can't Hear the Commentators Over the Crowd Noise (1 Viewer)

thatguy

Footballguy
Has anyone else noticed this in games so far this year? It seems like in years past, they did a better job of dimming down the crowd noise so that you could hear the commentators. So far this year, I can hardly hear a word the announcers are saying over the background noise. It was especially bad in the KC/SD game, as Arrowhead is incredibly loud.

It's pretty annoying. Turning the volume up doesn't help because that just makes the crowd noise louder--it almost makes it more difficult to hear the announcers.

Maybe I've just been to one too many concerts and my hearing is going, but in any case, it really annoys me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrowhead is just ridiculously loud. Nothing they could do. I enjoy a good crowd though. I miss the days of the Vet. The linc doesnt have that same home field advantage.

that game just happened to be in the greatest football venue of all time........just make a mental note not to watch KC games anymore.....not really a problem at the other 31 stadiums....... ;) :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I would much rather hear crowd noise than the commentators. Especially during important points in the game where the crowd is getting loud.

that game just happened to be in the greatest football venue of all time........just make a mental note not to watch KC games anymore.....not really a problem at the other 31 stadiums....... ;) :unsure:
Well, that's the thing, I've had the same problem during other games too. (but maybe they were college games, come to think of it).

Personally, I would much rather hear crowd noise than the commentators. Especially during important points in the game where the crowd is getting loud.
To some extent, I agree with this. But it's annoying when you hear them talking over the crowd noise, but have no idea what they're saying. They may as well not say anything at all at that point.

Has anyone else noticed this in games so far this year? It seems like in years past, they did a better job of dimming down the crowd noise so that you could hear the commentators. So far this year, I can hardly hear a word the announcers are saying over the background noise. It was especially bad in the KC/SD game, as Arrowhead is incredibly loud.

It's pretty annoying. Turning the volume up doesn't help because that just makes the crowd noise louder--it almost makes it more difficult to hear the announcers.

Maybe I've just been to one too many concerts and my hearing is going, but in any case, it really annoys me.
:unsure: at listening to the announcers.I say this is a good thing.

:unsure: at listening to the announcers.

I say this is a good thing.
I know. How lame of me.

Has anyone else noticed this in games so far this year? It seems like in years past, they did a better job of dimming down the crowd noise so that you could hear the commentators. So far this year, I can hardly hear a word the announcers are saying over the background noise. It was especially bad in the KC/SD game, as Arrowhead is incredibly loud.It's pretty annoying. Turning the volume up doesn't help because that just makes the crowd noise louder--it almost makes it more difficult to hear the announcers.Maybe I've just been to one too many concerts and my hearing is going, but in any case, it really annoys me.
Does your TV have a "surround sound" option? If so, make sure it's "off". Last year I had the smae problem until I noticed that setting and adjusted it.

Is there a way to turn up the crowd noise?

Becuase that is seriously much more exciting to me than the commentators...especially Trent Dilfer (he was doing the KC game, right?)

that game just happened to be in the greatest football venue of all time........just make a mental note not to watch KC games anymore.....not really a problem at the other 31 stadiums....... ;) :shrug:
Well, that's the thing, I've had the same problem during other games too. (but maybe they were college games, come to think of it).
I had the same problem listening to the Jets game on the radio on my way home. You couldn't hear the play by play until after the play was over. The way the announcer was fading out during the play but coming back after the play ended made me think it was a problem with the way he was speaking into the mike while the play was happening though.It was frustrating because you really couldn't tell who had the ball or quite what was going on.

that game just happened to be in the greatest football venue of all time........just make a mental note not to watch KC games anymore.....not really a problem at the other 31 stadiums....... :lmao: ;)
I had the same problem listening to the Jets game on the radio on my way home. You couldn't hear the play by play until after the play was over. The way the announcer was fading out during the play but coming back after the play ended made me think it was a problem with the way he was speaking into the mike while the play was happening though.It was frustrating because you really couldn't tell who had the ball or quite what was going on.
Yeah, it's a way worse problem when you're listening to the game on the radio--the announcers are all you have at that point. That must have sucked.

Has anyone else noticed this in games so far this year? It seems like in years past, they did a better job of dimming down the crowd noise so that you could hear the commentators. So far this year, I can hardly hear a word the announcers are saying over the background noise. It was especially bad in the KC/SD game, as Arrowhead is incredibly loud.It's pretty annoying. Turning the volume up doesn't help because that just makes the crowd noise louder--it almost makes it more difficult to hear the announcers.Maybe I've just been to one too many concerts and my hearing is going, but in any case, it really annoys me.
Does your TV have a "surround sound" option? If so, make sure it's "off". Last year I had the smae problem until I noticed that setting and adjusted it.
Hmm, not sure. I'll look into this. Thanks ;)

Yeah, it could be if you're using the surround sound? Are you piping it through the stereo or just through the TV speakers?

Attended the SD KC game. It was LOUD and pretty wet also. 4 or 5 plays the crowd noise most definitely disrupted the Chargers O. Announcers can go jump in a lake.

Yeah, it could be if you're using the surround sound? Are you piping it through the stereo or just through the TV speakers?
I think both... But my surround sound has been screwed up for a while (only a few of the speakers work); I've no idea how to fix it, and been too lazy to get someone over here to do it for me. I might just turn the surround sound off altogether and see if that helps.

I think both... But my surround sound has been screwed up for a while (only a few of the speakers work); I've no idea how to fix it, and been too lazy to get someone over here to do it for me. I might just turn the surround sound off altogether and see if that helps.
That could definitely help. Or if you know how to adjust the speakers you can try turning the center channel up.

That could definitely help. Or if you know how to adjust the speakers you can try turning the center channel up.
Right on. Thanks.

that game just happened to be in the greatest football venue of all time........just make a mental note not to watch KC games anymore.....not really a problem at the other 31 stadiums....... ;) :violin:
I take it you have never been to a Seahawks game....

I didn't notice it, but then again I watch football on Saturdays as well so Sunday's broadcasts seem very quiet.

Is there a way to turn up the crowd noise?
:goodposting: I wish NFL Network would just air games w/o their crappy broadcast teams and just let the viewer watch the game with the crowd noise - let them experience the game like they would at the stadium. I thought ESPN did that once for a college game - maybe a Duke basketball game.

Users who are viewing this thread