What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (4 Viewers)

Night Hawks

Footballguy
Everyone's going crazy in the Chicago suburbs over three Chick Fil-A restaurants coming around. They had one at my college town and didn't really do much for me. Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
The cult following is a little much, but their sweet tea is excellent and the chiken (whether nuggets or the sandwich) are next to none (for fast food). If you put it in a "real world situation", where you are driving down the road, see a McD, BK or Chik, the Chick-fil-a is like an oasis.

If you want to make a boatload of money, open a chicken stand. Park it in the Chick-Fil-A parking lot every Sunday.

Never been. Only heard of it because of how the company has differentiated itself. Look forward to trying it out when one comes around.

1. For the record, I'm a Five Guys fan. Probably why I'm 15+ lbs. overweight. For fast food chicken - give me a Popeye's.

2. My wife and daughter LOVE Chick-fil-A.

3. The staff is incredible. Was in one the other day - very professional. Not the typical fast food staff.

4. Not that this matters, but I live in the burbs. Took my daughter into a Chick-fil-A for lunch a few months ago. Place was crawling with soccer moms and I don't mean the 5'-2", 200 lbs. one either. Now don't get me wrong - I'm in my late 40's and very happily married. But if I were single - I would start here. :thumbup:

Never been. Only heard of it because of how the company has differentiated itself. Look forward to trying it out when one comes around.
A lot of the following has to do with the company itself...it thrives in the bible states (like NC) due to the fact it is not open on Sundays...literally, place is shut down tight. It also is a great place to work as the college reimbursement program is supposed to be incredible. The result is, you get a Macy's-like staff serving you fries. To some people that may not mean much, but if you ever pulled into a McD or BK and the guy/gal at the window looks as though they haven't showered in a week and are strung out, you just may want to get your food some place else.Food is fine, fast food, but fine. Honestly, it is really the only fast food we let the kids (I have three under 8) get.

Always nice service, tasty natural-shaped nuggets with an abundance of sauces and deliciously fattening shakes.

It's pretty simple. The chicken is very good for fast food. The inside is always extremely clean. The staff is terrific.

It's a much better fast food experience than almost anywhere else if you are ok with a chicken sandwich.

As far as fast food goes it's top notch. Which isn't saying much, but still...

I hear it's owned by Christians and they are not open on Sundays. Can anyone confirm this? Not that it matters to me if they are Christian. In-N-Out is owned by Christians and they put out a beautiful product/ not packed with poisons. They even have John 3:16 printed on the bottom of their cups. What I'm trying to extrapolate is if there is a correlation between being an openly Christian owned fast food joint and the quality of the food, like the fact that it's real chicken and not some sort of Monsanto lab experiment. I don't know I've never eaten there but there is one on the way to Vegas. I keep hearing that Chik-fil-a is a quality product.

Enlighten me.

I hear it's owned by Christians and they are not open on Sundays. Can anyone confirm this? Not that it matters to me if they are Christian. In-N-Out is owned by Christians and they put out a beautiful product/ not packed with poisons. They even have John 3:16 printed on the bottom of their cups. What I'm trying to extrapolate is if there is a correlation between being an openly Christian owned fast food joint and the quality of the food, like the fact that it's real chicken and not some sort of Monsanto lab experiment. I don't know I've never eaten there but there is one on the way to Vegas. I keep hearing that Chik-fil-a is a quality product.

Enlighten me.
Why does that matter? Is that even a consideration for some? What if someone started by saying, I hear it is owned by blacks? This forum is almost McCarthyists when it comes to Christians.

I hear it's owned by Christians and they are not open on Sundays. Can anyone confirm this? Not that it matters to me if they are Christian. In-N-Out is owned by Christians and they put out a beautiful product/ not packed with poisons. They even have John 3:16 printed on the bottom of their cups. What I'm trying to extrapolate is if there is a correlation between being an openly Christian owned fast food joint and the quality of the food, like the fact that it's real chicken and not some sort of Monsanto lab experiment. I don't know I've never eaten there but there is one on the way to Vegas. I keep hearing that Chik-fil-a is a quality product. Enlighten me.
It is owned by Christians, I understand it is a requirement for a franchise. Aside from that, you don't notice it is a "christian" place. Nobody I know goes there for that reason. I do think the employees reflect ownerships beliefs - but nobody is preaching while they work.During the week, I eat at chick-fil-a just about every day. Food is above average for fast food - it is still fast food. Service is outstanding. Place is always over-staffed. Everyone is trained well. (Next time you are in one, say "thank You" - I think they are all trained to say "my pleasure" every time.) It is just refreshing to go someplace where everyone is nice and friendly.And, as mentioned above soccer-mom heaven imo

The food at Chick-fil-A is better than other fast food places, but I still consider it meh....although the Polynesian Sauce is super-duper YUMMY!!

Enlighten me.
Why does that matter? Is that even a consideration for some? What if someone started by saying, I hear it is owned by blacks? This forum is almost McCarthyists when it comes to Christians.
Why does that matter? Is that even a consideration for you? Are you racist?

I hear it's owned by Christians and they are not open on Sundays. Can anyone confirm this? Not that it matters to me if they are Christian. In-N-Out is owned by Christians and they put out a beautiful product/ not packed with poisons. They even have John 3:16 printed on the bottom of their cups. What I'm trying to extrapolate is if there is a correlation between being an openly Christian owned fast food joint and the quality of the food, like the fact that it's real chicken and not some sort of Monsanto lab experiment. I don't know I've never eaten there but there is one on the way to Vegas. I keep hearing that Chik-fil-a is a quality product. Enlighten me.
It is owned by Christians, I understand it is a requirement for a franchise. Aside from that, you don't notice it is a "christian" place.
I've noticed Christian music playing.

Enlighten me.
C'mon, fellas. At least finish reading the sentence before you get your panties in a wad. The part that says ... and they are not open on Sundays."

He then goes on to say, repeatedly, that it doesn't matter to him other than wondering about the Sunday thing and whether something about being religious = some moral obligation to put out higher quality fast food.

To answer your first question- that's correct, they're not open on Sundays for religious reasons.

Man, you all are touchy.

Enlighten me.
C'mon, fellas. At least finish reading the sentence before you get your panties in a wad. The part that says ... and they are not open on Sundays."

He then goes on to say, repeatedly, that it doesn't matter to him other than wondering about the Sunday thing and whether something about being religious = some moral obligation to put out higher quality fast food.

To answer your first question- that's correct, they're not open on Sundays for religious reasons.

Man, you all are touchy.
:thumbdown:

Enlighten me.
You didn't read past that first line did you? :thumbdown:

I know I am in the minority but I think Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwiches aren't very good. A piece of fried chicken on a thin bun and pickles? I just don't get the love...

A lot of the following has to do with the company itself...it thrives in the bible states (like NC) due to the fact it is not open on Sundays...literally, place is shut down tight. It also is a great place to work as the college reimbursement program is supposed to be incredible. The result is, you get a Macy's-like staff serving you fries. To some people that may not mean much, but if you ever pulled into a McD or BK and the guy/gal at the window looks as though they haven't showered in a week and are strung out, you just may want to get your food some place else.Food is fine, fast food, but fine. Honestly, it is really the only fast food we let the kids (I have three under 8) get.
There are a lot of us in the bible belt that have a gripe with them not being open on Sundays....that seems to be the day I crave it most :thumbdown: In the stores around here, the only way you know it's "Christian owned" is because they are closed on Sunday. I don't think I've ever been in one and thought "man, I bet a Christian owns this place". It's not like they are playing church music, have crosses hanging everywhere etc.

I know I am in the minority but I think Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwiches aren't very good. A piece of fried chicken on a thin bun and pickles? I just don't get the love...
That's not the only one they have. They have grilled chicken and lettuce, tomato, and cheese toppings. They also have a chicken salad sandwich.

There are a lot of us in the bible belt that have a gripe with them not being open on Sundays....that seems to be the day I crave it most :shrug: In the stores around here, the only way you know it's "Christian owned" is because they are closed on Sunday. I don't think I've ever been in one and thought "man, I bet a Christian owns this place". It's not like they are playing church music, have crosses hanging everywhere etc.
FWIW, they do provide Veggie Tales items in their kids meals. That's a Christian cartoon series.

There are a lot of us in the bible belt that have a gripe with them not being open on Sundays....that seems to be the day I crave it most :shrug: In the stores around here, the only way you know it's "Christian owned" is because they are closed on Sunday. I don't think I've ever been in one and thought "man, I bet a Christian owns this place". It's not like they are playing church music, have crosses hanging everywhere etc.
FWIW, they do provide Veggie Tales items in their kids meals. That's a Christian cartoon series.
I've personally never seen/heard of Veggie Tales. Not saying they don't give this stuff out though. Since I've never seen it, I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's a series that teaches common morality types of things? Things that can be found everywhere including Christian texts? Or do they teach specific beliefs like the flood etc?

I've personally never seen/heard of Veggie Tales. Not saying they don't give this stuff out though. Since I've never seen it, I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's a series that teaches common morality types of things? Things that can be found everywhere including Christian texts? Or do they teach specific beliefs like the flood etc?
Episode recaps, just copying from the Wiki page I linked to:# "Where's God When I'm S-Scared?" (1993): Junior learns that he doesn't need to be afraid because God is bigger than any monster, as well as a retelling of the Bible story of Daniel and the Lion's Den. Its theme is handling fear.

# "God Wants Me to Forgive Them!?!" (1994): Bob and Larry learn what it means to forgive through parodies of The Grapes of Wrath and Gilligan's Island. Its theme is forgiveness.

# "Are You My Neighbor?" (1995): The Veggies learn what "loving your neighbor" really means through a Dr. Seuss-style retelling of the Biblical story of The Good Samaritan (The Story of Flibber-o-loo) and a parody of Star Trek. Its theme is loving one's neighbor.

# "Rack, Shack, and Benny" (1996): A retelling of the Biblical story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego being thrown into the fiery furnace with the VeggieTales characters as workmen in a chocolate factory who stand up for what's right. Its theme is handling peer pressure.

# "Dave and the Giant Pickle" (1996): Starring Junior as Dave who learns that "little guys can do big things, too" in a retelling of story of David and Goliath. Its theme is self-esteem.

# "The Toy that Saved Christmas" (1997): The veggies learn the true meaning of Christmas with the help of Grandpa George and a Buzz-Saw Louie action figure. Its theme is giving.

# "Very Silly Songs!" (1997): A collection of Silly Songs and other songs from the first five VeggieTales episodes. Originally titled "A Very Silly Sing-Along."

# "Larry-Boy! And the Fib from Outer Space!" (1997): This lesson on honesty features Larry as a plunger-headed hero who must defeat a Fib that is rampaging out of control. Larry-Boy is a spoof on Batman. The theme is telling the truth.

# "Josh and the Big Wall!" (1997): Larry stars as Joshua in this retelling of the Biblical story of the Battle of Jericho, highlighting the importance of obedience. The theme is obedience.

# "Madame Blueberry" (1998): Madame Blueberry falls victim to her own greed and learns to be thankful in a parody of Madame Bovary. Its theme is thankfulness.

# "The End of Silliness?" (1998): Larry has a nervous breakdown after he finds out that the "Silly Songs with Larry" segment of the show has been cancelled in this second Silly Songs collection.

# "Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weed" (1999): Junior Asparagus and Laura Carrot learn about the dangers of spreading rumors as Larry-Boy battles a weed that grows bigger as everyone else besmirches Alfred's reputation. Its theme is the power of words.

# "King George and the Ducky" (2000): Larry stars as King George, whose obsession with rubber ducks teaches a lesson on selfishness and its impact in a retelling of the story of David and Bathsheba. Its theme is selfishness.

# "Esther… The Girl Who Became Queen" (2000): Esther saves her family from endless tickling and learns a lesson on courage in a retelling of the Biblical story of Esther. Its theme is courage.

# "Lyle the Kindly Viking" (2001): Junior stars as Lyle, a Viking who secretly returns his share of the loot in this parody of a Gilbert and Sullivan musical. The first segment of this lesson on sharing is a parody of Hamlet. Its theme is sharing.

Echo what most have said. Like other places they have some nice options if you want to at least give the appearance of healthy (salad or fruit instead of fries).

I wonder what their training is like to get their staff to be so great at customer service. I had one girl jump out the drive-up window and chase me down to give me my card.

MILF city.

Their nugget tray is great for parties/games.

Until this thread...I honestly had no idea Chick-fil-A was not a national staple. I've been eating there for 20 years.

I travel a lot....it's definitely the fast food place I look for when I have to have fast food.

Carrot raisin salad is :wub: ... they just rolled out Wheat buns too. :lol:

Enlighten me.
Some of the most blatant displays of bigotry I've seen on this board has been towards Christians.

Places make money hand over fist for a number of reasons.

-They have a huge emphasis on customer service and their benefits attract a much higher quality employee than most other fast food joints. The dining experience is usually top notch.

-They are indeed christian owned, closed on Sundays and heavily involved in the community almost like a youth group for a church. That appeals to a large subset of customers. Me? I could care less.

-Their distribution model and menu are based on what made McDonald's huge in the 60's. A very simple menu item as their staple: a fried chicken patty on a bun with two pickles which allows them to make every thing quickly and in huge batches. It also means they don't have to stock inventory on a host of other menu items that may spoil or not sell as well. As opposed to McDonald's & Burger King or other places who have huge varied menu's now and champion everything made to order. Made to order causes delay's, increases serving time, and causes like 90% of the error's. People wonder why when they order "No onions, mustard instead of mayo, extra cheese and jalopeno's" it takes longer for them to get their order than the others in line.

-Genius marketing. While I think the "Eat More Chikin" cows ad campaign has gotten really stale and old, there's no doubt it's won over a huge crowd over the years. I know I thought it was hilarious when it first started.

-They've convinced people they are more healthy version of fast food when they aren't really all that much healthier.

-Definitely benefiting from a "fad" type hysteria these days which helps too. I know tons of women who love eating in at a Chik Fil A but wouldn't be caught dead in a McDonald's.

They simply do things a notch better than most fast food places. If your kid doesn't want the toy, they can trade it back in for an ice cream cone. The kids meals come with a wet wipe and a plastic placemat that actually sticks to the table.

Little things like that really add value to the dining experience and make you feel appreciated as a customer instead of just a one of a billion bodies served.

People, this thread is talk about the love of the glorious food that is Chick-Fil-A. You religious nutbags take that crap somewhere else.

Until this thread...I honestly had no idea Chick-fil-A was not a national staple. I've been eating there for 20 years.I travel a lot....it's definitely the fast food place I look for when I have to have fast food.Carrot raisin salad is :goodposting: ... they just rolled out Wheat buns too. :goodposting:
I've been getting my Chick-Fil-A sandwiches on wheat buns for years.Definitely the best fast food place in the Southeast IMO, and it's not close.

I've always had mixed feelings about Chick-Fil-A.

Love the Chicken Sandwich. Love the service. Love the waffle fries. As others have said, when it comes to fast food, it really doesn't get much better.

The closed on Sunday thing just annoys me though. Not that it's inconvenient. If I'm thinking chicken on a Sunday, I go with Bojangles. I'm not a Christian, so the whole thing seems silly to me. I'm fine with people believing in something. I respect it. It just seems presumptuous to assume that all your employees share those beliefs. I'd just prefer that religion stay out of the multi-billion dollar deep-fried chicken pieces/potatoes/corn-syrup laden sauce businesses.

Big fan, but around here they are only in the mall.

Back in the day when I worked in the mall the sunday thing pissed me off, because they had good food AND gave free refills on drinks!

Dated a christian dancer chick from their once. She actually served me a couple of nice sized breasts, which was a pleasant surprise.

This is exactly what I thought but I'm hoping that maybe it's just b/c it was a small area in a food court at school. So I'll try what an actual full-fledged restaurant offers.

Until this thread...I honestly had no idea Chick-fil-A was not a national staple. I've been eating there for 20 years.I travel a lot....it's definitely the fast food place I look for when I have to have fast food.Carrot raisin salad is :confused: ... they just rolled out Wheat buns too. :shrug:
I've been getting my Chick-Fil-A sandwiches on wheat buns for years.
Really? Interesting...I eat there all the time, and first noticed the option at the bottom of the menu just two weeks ago.

My family is not nuts about the place as far as the food is concerned, but my wife loves just how much cleaner everything is there compared to other fast food places. Huge consideration in choosing where to eat for her when she has the little one in tow.

My family is not nuts about the place as far as the food is concerned, but my wife loves just how much cleaner everything is there compared to other fast food places. Huge consideration in choosing where to eat for her when she has the little one in tow.
I think this is a lot of it. Kids like chicken nuggets. Their chicken nuggets actually seem like real chicken. Also... BEFORE the trend was all these "homestyle", high-end chicken sandwiches at every other fast food joint..... ChikFilA made a quality chicken sammich. Now everyone and their mother has gone after their segment with both guns blazing... so the product is no longer unique. One interesting thing... Like In N OUt, their employees generally seem to not to downright resent you for showing up at their place of work... which makes the experience better.

Users who are viewing this thread