What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (1 Viewer)

During orientation at my current employer, they showed a Chik Fil A service video to demonstrate the level of service that they wanted to see in our company.

The Chik here had "receipt day" today where you bring your receipt back anytime in 2017 and get the order free.   :thumbup:  They also had a nice nativity scene out front to keep the turd boxes away.

Is the fast food industry paying attention? Service is awesome. Emplyees care. Food is awesome. Long line? It moves fast. They are not traded on the stock market. They are the fast food standard. When i go another fast food resturant one can see a difference. What do u guys think?
I think you are dead right.  Chick Fil-A is awesome.  :thumbup:   :thumbup:

I'm a fan. Best chicken from any of the big chains, by far. It's refreshing when the person taking your order doesn't look dead inside, as well. 
Love the chicken. Only place I've had that was better was a chain in Florida called PDQ(?). Had some honey butter chicken sandwich that gave me a pants tent 

I go to one of the two midtown locations (37th or 46th on Sixth Ave) every week. By far my favorite chain. Haven't tried the downtown (NYU - University Pl / Washington Mews.) 

Most of you aren't going to believe this, for good reason. I wouldn't have believed it myself.

But I had back to back trips to CFA end up with something missing from my order when I got home. Now, I say "home" because I never check a CFA order in the parking lot. No need to. It's CFA. They aren't going to #### it up. You check the bag at every other fast food place, but never CFA.

I didn't care. It happens (it happens at my place on a take out order about 2-3 time a month). I was just shocked. So shocked that it didn't even consider checking the bag on the trip the 2nd time when had forgotten something on the previous trip.

So, you might consider checking the bag if you care that much. You probably won't because it's CFA and is a waste of time. But it does happen. I guess it's bound to when the drive thru line is 30 deep every night.

Most of you aren't going to believe this, for good reason. I wouldn't have believed it myself.

But I had back to back trips to CFA end up with something missing from my order when I got home. Now, I say "home" because I never check a CFA order in the parking lot. No need to. It's CFA. They aren't going to #### it up. You check the bag at every other fast food place, but never CFA.

I didn't care. It happens (it happens at my place on a take out order about 2-3 time a month). I was just shocked. So shocked that it didn't even consider checking the bag on the trip the 2nd time when had forgotten something on the previous trip.

So, you might consider checking the bag if you care that much. You probably won't because it's CFA and is a waste of time. But it does happen. I guess it's bound to when the drive thru line is 30 deep every night.
Let me give you a friendly piece of advice.  Never go through the drive-through.

Always walk up to the counter.

Let me tell you why.

They #### you at the drive-through!

They know you'll be miles away before you find out you got ####ed.
You won't turn around and come back.

Let me give you a friendly piece of advice.  Never go through the drive-through.

Always walk up to the counter.

Let me tell you why.

They #### you at the drive-through!

They know you'll be miles away before you find out you got ####ed.
You won't turn around and come back.
I understand that. I do somewhat regularly just go inside at other places. The problem at CFA is that the drive thru line wraps around the building. I've never done it there, but from the looks of it, if you park and go in, it seems like it would be a major pain in the ### to ever get back out. The drive thru line goes so fast, it just seems easier to stay in that. I'll give it a shot though.

Uncle CornCob said:
Love the chicken. Only place I've had that was better was a chain in Florida called PDQ(?). Had some honey butter chicken sandwich that gave me a pants tent 
PDQ is my go to.  Plus they are right up the road.

Drat.  Sorry that happened to you.  And yeah, surprising by CFA standards.  

The one by my house messed up a drive through order a couple years ago.  Didn't realize until I got home.  Called the store, got manager on the line, said what went wrong (short one chicken sandwich), told me if I was willing to drive back to the store he'd take care of it.  Drove back, walked in door, asked for manager, counterperson asked "are you Bruce Dickinson*?" Said I was, then she handed me a sack that had a chicken sandwich, fries, and a gift card with the amount of my order on it.

Drat.  Sorry that happened to you.  And yeah, surprising by CFA standards.  

The one by my house messed up a drive through order a couple years ago.  Didn't realize until I got home.  Called the store, got manager on the line, said what went wrong (short one chicken sandwich), told me if I was willing to drive back to the store he'd take care of it.  Drove back, walked in door, asked for manager, counterperson asked "are you Bruce Dickinson*?" Said I was, then she handed me a sack that had a chicken sandwich, fries, and a gift card with the amount of my order on it.
I love CFA ... One million likes

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
My kids enjoy it (and by enjoy, I mean they actually eat it) and they also have an indoor playground. We go maybe once a month. You know what's weird? They've never once tried to push their religion on me. I really want this to happen so I can create a controversy and then come here to post about it, but the bastards don't participate in my plan. 

Looks very close to Zaxby's.  Anyone in here go to both?  How do they compare?
Prefer Zaxbys tenders and big salads. And the pebbles ice and coke machine to get all the combinations of drinks

chik fil a for nuggets and spicy chicken sandwich and service.,,and breakfast

My kids enjoy it (and by enjoy, I mean they actually eat it) and they also have an indoor playground. We go maybe once a month. You know what's weird? They've never once tried to push their religion on me. I really want this to happen so I can create a controversy and then come here to post about it, but the bastards don't participate in my plan. 
Yeah,  they're terrible about not forcing you to bow to Jesus every time you walk in the door. 

Maybe they think you look too smart to be brainwashed.

I love their Iced Tea. Making an Arnold Palmer with their wonderful lemonade with the Sweet Tea is spectacular.

They have no problems making one for you, and doing refills.

McAlisters >>> Chick Fil A

McAlisters has the better iced tea and I can feed myself and two kids for half the price.  Grilled nuggets may be the worst value in fast casual I've ever seen.

McAlisters >>> Chick Fil A

McAlisters has the better iced tea and I can feed myself and two kids for half the price.  Grilled nuggets may be the worst value in fast casual I've ever seen.
That deli place? We had one open years ago and nobody ever went - food was garbage but the tea was good.  No clue if it's still open but I pass 5 Chick-fil-a's before McAllisters.  And I'm unaware of them having a breakfast buffet so they immediately suck.

Have they changed the Grilled Chicken sandwich?  It used to be dead simple.  Just chicken, pickle, and a buttered bun. And delicious.  Not as good as the fried one, but as good as a sub 300 calorie sandwich is going to be.   I got it like 2 months ago, though,  and it was just like every other fast food chicken sandwich.  Some limp lettuce and tomatoes and some weird sauce. 

Have they changed the Grilled Chicken sandwich?  It used to be dead simple.  Just chicken, pickle, and a buttered bun. And delicious.  Not as good as the fried one, but as good as a sub 300 calorie sandwich is going to be.   I got it like 2 months ago, though,  and it was just like every other fast food chicken sandwich.  Some limp lettuce and tomatoes and some weird sauce. 
I rarely get the sandwiches but I did try the grilled BBQ sandwich a while back - thought it was just ok.  I've never thought their grilled options were as good as the fried.

I'm no tree hugger but I still don't understand why they use styrofoam. Online answers to the question were weak and unrealistic, saying they make benches. Local owner didn't have an answer either. 

Love the chicken sandwich though. 

For those not using the app. Even if you only use it for loyalty, do it. Decent rewards. Just scan your phone barcode before you pay. 

:mellow:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20361031/chick-fil-atlanta-falcons-home-closed-sundays

Chick-fil-A stand in Mercedes-Benz Stadium to be closed on Sundays

Atlanta Falcons fans won't get their Chick-fil-A fix at the team's new Mercedes-Benz Stadium for most of the team's games, as the restaurant's stand will be closed on Sunday.

The franchise famous for its chicken sandwich is closed on Sundays, and only one of the team's eight home games isn't on a Sunday -- a Thursday night matchup against the New Orleans Saints on Dec. 7.

A source said the digital signage in the Chick-fil-A stand will be flipped when the stand is closed and it will be used by stadium concessionaire Levy to sell other nonbranded food and beverage items.

With its headquarters in Atlanta, Chick-fil-A has had licensed locations at sports stadiums around town, including the Braves' new SunTrust Park. It also had kiosks in the Falcons' old stomping grounds at the Georgia Dome. Even those licensed locations must abide by the chain's founder Truett Cathy's mandate to keep things closed on the seventh day of the week for rest and worship.

Uh, what else does Mercedes-Benz Stadium plan to host? Is it only the Falcons, or will there be concerts and conventions?

Plus, the advertisement opportunity alone might make it worth it.

eta* They're also sponsors of the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, played at where in 2017? Yeah, you can guess...

Last edited by a moderator:
:mellow:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20361031/chick-fil-atlanta-falcons-home-closed-sundays

Chick-fil-A stand in Mercedes-Benz Stadium to be closed on Sundays

Atlanta Falcons fans won't get their Chick-fil-A fix at the team's new Mercedes-Benz Stadium for most of the team's games, as the restaurant's stand will be closed on Sunday.

The franchise famous for its chicken sandwich is closed on Sundays, and only one of the team's eight home games isn't on a Sunday -- a Thursday night matchup against the New Orleans Saints on Dec. 7.

Even those licensed locations must abide by the chain's founder Truett Cathy's mandate to keep things closed on the seventh day of the week for rest and worship.
Technically, I believe Sunday is the first day of the week and would follow suit with Cathy's Christian faith of honoring the "Lord's day" by not having his restaurants open. 

Technically, I believe Sunday is the first day of the week and would follow suit with Cathy's Christian faith of honoring the "Lord's day" by not having his restaurants open. 
Yes, that is a requirement for the franchisee's. But that begs the question, why open a concession stand in a football stadium that will only be used on Mondays and Thursdays, which accounts for only one out of 8 games this year? And I am not certain why those who run the stadium went along with it either, when they could get KFC to sell their chicken at every game.

Yes, that is a requirement for the franchisee's. But that begs the question, why open a concession stand in a football stadium that will only be used on Mondays and Thursdays, which accounts for only one out of 8 games this year? And I am not certain why those who run the stadium went along with it either, when they could get KFC to sell their chicken at every game.
Atlanta United FC are also playing there. There are plans for concerts, likely conventions. Plus, advertising presence.  

Users who are viewing this thread