What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (1 Viewer)

I have been doing the app order and they bring it out to your car.  Friday, I put my order in, then when I went to "prepare" it said sorry, and I had to do it again.  I ended up going inside, but the crowd was so insane at that time it probably made me wast 30min.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny story, Chick-Fil-A was never in Canada growing up (I believe they had some early locations in Alberta but only started expanding to my hometown this year).

My cousin always thought that it was pronounced "Chick-Fill-AHH" instead of the intended "Chick-Fill-AYY" play on the word fillet.

No one ever corrected her as we simply didn't know better.

She refuses to change the pronunciation to this day, which is why I love her that much more.

I imagine there was no such confusion south of the border.
Chik-Fil-Ahhh , eh?

Chik-Fil-A has a great spicy chicken sandwich with pepper jack. Yum. I don't do politics with my food. I eat Ben & Jerry's and Chik-Fil-A.

I could really care less who these companies give to unless they're overt communist or fascist supporters. I generally care more about how their food tastes and is sourced, if one wants to get socially responsible.  
I could agree more with this. 

Funny story, Chick-Fil-A was never in Canada growing up (I believe they had some early locations in Alberta but only started expanding to my hometown this year).

My cousin always thought that it was pronounced "Chick-Fill-AHH" instead of the intended "Chick-Fill-AYY" play on the word fillet.

She refuses to change the pronunciation to this day, which is why I love her that much more.

Living in CA and NYC, I'd never heard of this place until recently. I pronounce it the second part like the sportswear/shoe company, which give it the creepy, lecherous vibe I prefer from my fast food.

To me Chick-Fil-A has a higher than typical quality of food and service for fast food, I use to go there quite a bit.  But over time their leadership stances on issues has turned me away.  I don't care enough about fast food to support places like this.  I am sure they don't miss my business and I don't really miss their food.

Hi, Joe -- articles, quotes, and even Wikipedia summaries exist on the subject of Cathy and the company being active advocates against same-sex marriage. @El Floppo provided a link to one such view.

This has been in the public discourse for a while, and easily Google-able. As such, your request for links comes across to me not so much as wanting information as it is to justify my own viewpoint in the face of the information that's out there. Which is fair, but if indeed that's the case, it's a bit of an indirect approach.

But here are my thoughts (with a link or two) regardless:

@avoiding injuries gets to the crux of it in that this -- like any issue -- isn't black and white, open to interpretation, and is colored by both the slant of coverage and one's own world view and morals. Above all I respect the effort of reading information and drawing one's own conclusion.

I've read multiple articles and viewpoints on this issue, and my conclusion is that when a CEO is public about being anti-gay marriage, and uses corporate power (i.e. dollars) to fund groups that among their charter and activities, support ideology and action that oppose gay marriage, it shows a very clear agenda of what's important to that CEO and company.  And this particular stance is one I simply disagree with, and think is deplorable. 

People are free to believe what they want to believe, and people are free to support causes they believe in. But IMO people -- and especially corporations with far more resources and power than the average person -- shouldn't force their beliefs on others. And this particular belief is one, IMO, that is driven by outdated religious values that are much more harmful than helpful in today's society, and fundamentally disrespect others' rights to live their life the way they see fit. 

Objectively, I can say that the company has made obvious strides in the last few years to reverse itself from its CEO's public statements about LGBTQ lifestyles, and from its funding activities. To me, this is a good step, but a step that shouldn't have to have been taken in the first place. It's also arguable how consistent they've been in ceasing such funding.
Sorry, no hidden agenda on my part. Certainly no desire to be indirect. I don't have time for that. I just didn't see how you were arriving at your statement from the article referenced so I asked. That's pretty much my standard move to ask for more info. I find that better than making assumptions. 

@Joe Bryant Chick Fil A and In N Out are two of my favorite fast food places and you seem to dislike both.  I am curious, do you not like any fast food joints or if so which are your favorites?

Don't Noonan said:
@Joe Bryant Chick Fil A and In N Out are two of my favorite fast food places and you seem to dislike both.  I am curious, do you not like any fast food joints or if so which are your favorites?
I don't dislike either. I like them both. I just think they don't live up to the hype. I don't eat much fast food, but those two are at the top of the quality rankings for fast food I think. 

I don't dislike either. I like them both. I just think they don't live up to the hype. I don't eat much fast food, but those two are at the top of the quality rankings for fast food I think. 
Don't you hate In N Out fries?  I thought you also just said you didn't care for Chick Fil A waffle fries.

Pretty stoked for my free birthday meal from chikfila!!!!!!!!

I think I moved up to silver status yesterday.

Just another reminder that you should be in church instead of traveling on the Sabbath.
In my defense, there were ongoing DFW PA announcements about an “8 am” catholic mass service.  

Strangely, at the time of the announcement, it was 8:45.

Probably didn't want to sound like she was asking a question, eh?

It's cow appreciation day. "Dress" in cow gear and get a free entree.

Some people look utterly udderly ridiculous

edit: Fixed my own stupidity

I've been back in California for 3 weeks and finally had chick fil a on Saturday, highly disappointed in their chicken strip portions as they were all 4 very small. I had in and out last week and my son asked to have our fries right out of the fryer, we had to wait a little longer for our food but the fries were 100x's better than normal.

Does she pronounce homophobia as hawmophobia?

Chick-fil-A is good. I’m not sure how a fast food place can be overrated. Theyre hands down the best combination of food and service you can possibly find for under $15/meal. 

Only their undercooked waffle fries and penchant for building undersized stores prevent them from taking over the world. 

Passed by a Chick-Fil-A on the road with the family and given this thread, and remembering I was initially meh about it, decided to give it another go to see if I was misremembering it being indistinguishable from any other fast-food .

I was really disappointed in their fries -- severely undercooked, soggy, and infinitely more greasy than I remembered, and in comparison to, say McDonald's (the golden standard for fries, IMHO).

I can definitely concede that their chicken is a much higher quality than the patty-shaped slurry you get in a chicken sandwich from other fast food joints. Yet despite that fact, it wasn't really that much different in terms of taste. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the way the toppings and chicken came together in terms of taste, maybe it was the wonder-bread tasting buttered bun.

But not seeing how this is worth they hype.

To each his own, at least I gave it a go.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Passed by a Chick-Fil-A on the road with the family and given this thread, and remembering I was initially meh about it, decided to give it another go to see if I was misremembering it being indistinguishable from any other fast-food .

I was really disappointed in their fries -- severely undercooked, soggy, and infinitely more greasy than I remembered, and in comparison to, say McDonald's (the golden standard for fries, IMHO).

I can definitely concede that their chicken is a much higher quality than the patty-shaped slurry you get in a chicken sandwich from other fast food joints. Yet despite that fact, it wasn't really that much different in terms of taste. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the way the toppings and chicken came together in terms of taste, maybe it was the wonder-bread tasting buttered bun.

But not seeing how this is worth they hype.

To each his own, at least I gave it a go.
I used to be meh but I've come around to liking Chick-Fil-A.   I don't go often but when I do I get the spicy chicken deluxe with pepperjack and it superior to the Wendy's spicy chicken/

Obviously everyone has different tastes so there's always going to be people who like or dislike things.  And usually it doesn't surprise me.  But when people say they don't like CFA, I'm always a little shocked.  I could eat a sandwich for every meal for the rest of my life and be happy.  And I love their lemonade.  

Do people who not like Chick Fil A not like pickles?  Since they brine their chicken in a concoction that contains pickle juice maybe that's the flavor that's turning some of you off.  Otherwise not sure what to say as they are the gold standard, and well deserved, of fast food restaurants.  It's not overrated compared to other fast food joints.

Do people who not like Chick Fil A not like pickles?  Since they brine their chicken in a concoction that contains pickle juice maybe that's the flavor that's turning some of you off.  Otherwise not sure what to say as they are the gold standard, and well deserved, of fast food restaurants.  It's not overrated compared to other fast food joints.
I don't like pickles.  I think they are nasty.  But I love CFA.  Usually if a pickle touches anything for me, it ruins it.  A pickle on a plate against a fry?  Dead to me.  But for some reason I order my sandwich normal and then just pull the pickles off and give them to my wife.  

belljr said:
Popeyes is awful :oldunsure:

I'll take Royal farms anyday :unsure:
You just don't understand the quality brought forth by unchanged grease, heavy spices, a full stick of butter per biscuit, and mushy red beans and rice.  It's where the taste is. 

Closest Royal Farms is 45 minutes from me.  If they don't have a restaurants in my 1.2m+ person county, is it even relevant?

Obviously everyone has different tastes so there's always going to be people who like or dislike things.  And usually it doesn't surprise me.  But when people say they don't like CFA, I'm always a little shocked.  I could eat a sandwich for every meal for the rest of my life and be happy.  And I love their lemonade.  
Had it for Breakfast AND Lunch yesterday.  

Good call out, that's a cool culinary approach.

This is not my issue, as I LOVE pickles. I am much more partial to a new kosher dills, but I will never turn down a pickle, and I don't recall noticing anything (positive or negative) in terms of a distinct flavor from CFA's brining in pickle juice.

Which I guess is the point. Aside (and despite of) chicken quality, the sandwich didn't stand out to me much more than any other. 

Good call out, that's a cool culinary approach.

This is not my issue, as I LOVE pickles. I am much more partial to a new kosher dills, but I will never turn down a pickle, and I don't recall noticing anything (positive or negative) in terms of a distinct flavor from CFA's brining in pickle juice.

Which I guess is the point. Aside (and despite of) chicken quality, the sandwich didn't stand out to me much more than any other. 
the same as McDonalds, Burger king, jack in the crack, Wendy's? :X  Now I don't have a popeyes near me and the KFC recently closed so I can't comment on those two places chicken sandwich but for a chicken sandwich under 5 bucks I've yet to eat one as good as CFA

the same as McDonalds, Burger king, jack in the crack, Wendy's? :X  Now I don't have a popeyes near me and the KFC recently closed so I can't comment on those two places chicken sandwich but for a chicken sandwich under 5 bucks I've yet to eat one as good as CFA
CFA chicken sandwich is better than Wendy’s, but not by much. To put Wendy’s in the McD/BK tier is silly.

Users who are viewing this thread