What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (1 Viewer)

CFA does not stand out to me vs other FF chicken sandwiches.  Not bad, but there are others that are just as good or better.  Some out there are pretty bad though.

Tried the spicy and classic from Popeyes today. 

Spicy from Popeyes is better than Chic Fil A Spicy. 

Classic from Chic Fil A is better than Popeyes classic. 
I've never had Popeye's sandwiches, but I just assume theirs are better because their fried chicken (spicy and regular) are superior overall. I need to try Church's one of these days.

Had the Popeyes sandwich today. Extremely good. 
I had the Popeye's sandwich today for the first time. It was at the ghetto one near St. Pete College (are they all in ghetto neighborhoods though?)

Anyway, it wasn't bad but I think I prefer KFC and Chick Filet. 

If the pressure of everyone trying the Popeyes chicken sandwich caused them to ease up on their opinions of gay people and who they support, then I guess it was worth it.   All those conservatives triggered today trying Popeyes to "own the libs" are going to be in for a surprise when he sees the majority of their customers.  

If the pressure of everyone trying the Popeyes chicken sandwich caused them to ease up on their opinions of gay people and who they support, then I guess it was worth it.   All those conservatives triggered today trying Popeyes to "own the libs" are going to be in for a surprise when he sees the majority of their customers.  
Hopefully, I never have to hear about this again from either side of this controversy and can just enjoy my chicken in peace.

I had a weekend in Alabama and tried Zaxxby's and Raising Cane's.  I just got chicken fingers at both, and both were pretty good.  I'd say Zaxxby's was better.  I prefer CFA over both, but would eat at either again happily.  I'll have to try Bojangles next time I'm down there.

I had a weekend in Alabama and tried Zaxxby's and Raising Cane's.  I just got chicken fingers at both, and both were pretty good.  I'd say Zaxxby's was better.  I prefer CFA over both, but would eat at either again happily.  I'll have to try Bojangles next time I'm down there.
I didn't even know we had raising Cane's here. When we lived in Charlottesville we had one down the road. I don't know if we had CFA or Zaxbys there but we were regulars at RC.  Now Zaxbys is on the regular Sunday lunch circuit.

Raising Cane's and Bojangles are in the overrated section.  Both taste dry.  Bojangles is a total let down every time I've gone.  Church's not bad but the locations are in the hood.  Zaxxbys and KFC - nope.

I do love the CFA sandwich.  And the service is 100x better than any other FF.

But Popeye's chicken is far superior to anything.  So tasty.  Their sides are great.  The best thing they serve is the blackened chicken strips.  Incredible.  They hate making them and most times they don't even list it on the menu.  If you can get them to make it, it's awesome.

Guthrie's used to be really good too.  They started in the college towns, one was in Auburn when I was there.  Zaxby's has beaten them back after they were expanding out in the early 2000's though.  Chick Fil A to me has the better sandwiches though, for chicken fingers I'd do Zaxby's.

Guthrie's used to be really good too.  They started in the college towns, one was in Auburn when I was there.  Zaxby's has beaten them back after they were expanding out in the early 2000's though.  Chick Fil A to me has the better sandwiches though, for chicken fingers I'd do Zaxby's.
They just opened a Guthrie’s near us - good stuff.

I didn't even know we had raising Cane's here. When we lived in Charlottesville we had one down the road. I don't know if we had CFA or Zaxbys there but we were regulars at RC.  Now Zaxbys is on the regular Sunday lunch circuit.
Hate Raising Canes.  Good tenders... but they have ONE freakin dipping sauce (Cane’s Sauce. It’s like a slightly slicker Russian dressing I think?).

How do you ONLY do chicken strips and have only one sauce and no hot sauce to boot?

Went there once, never again (until they add something crazy, like BBQ or Buffalo)

Hate Raising Canes.  Good tenders... but they have ONE freakin dipping sauce (Cane’s Sauce. It’s like a slightly slicker Russian dressing I think?).

How do you ONLY do chicken strips and have only one sauce and no hot sauce to boot?

Went there once, never again (until they add something crazy, like BBQ or Buffalo)
We've never been into most sauces. I'll get it on my Buffalo wings of course, although I prefer the dry rub. Otherwise we're usually eating the strips naked.  So if the strips taste good without sauce, I'm happy. The kids will use ketchup. 

I looked, closest RC to us is over 100 miles away, I'd think they'd want one near Huntsville. 

We've never been into most sauces. I'll get it on my Buffalo wings of course, although I prefer the dry rub. Otherwise we're usually eating the strips naked.  So if the strips taste good without sauce, I'm happy. The kids will use ketchup. 

I looked, closest RC to us is over 100 miles away, I'd think they'd want one near Huntsville. 
Popeyes - almost all their chix offerings - is awesome.  Bojangles, where available, even better.

One last comment on Canes... even if their sauce is so awesome, how is it a smart business proposition to not give other options? I surely can't be the only person who doesn't like their sauce.  And even those who do, maybe they go 1 or 2 more times a year if they have a kick ### (or average for that matter) BBQ, or Honey Mustard or something. confounds me because they have quality product.

One last comment on Canes... even if their sauce is so awesome, how is it a smart business proposition to not give other options? I surely can't be the only person who doesn't like their sauce.  And even those who do, maybe they go 1 or 2 more times a year if they have a kick ### (or average for that matter) BBQ, or Honey Mustard or something. confounds me because they have quality product.
At the DE and MD beaches there's a hugely popular boardwalk place, Thrasher's Fries, that is 90 years old and still refuses to offer ketchup. They will only give you vinegar for your fries. They're happy to watch their customers buy fries then walk 10 feet to a neighboring boardwalk restaurant and buy (at a significant mark-up) packets of ketchup. It's pretty much part of their brand  :shrug:   

Last edited by a moderator:
At the DE and MD beaches there's a hugely popular boardwalk place, Thrasher's Fries, that is 90 years old and still refuses to offer ketchup. They will only give you vinegar for your fries. They're happy to watch their customers buy fries then walk 10 feet to a neighboring boardwalk restaurant and buy (at a significant mark-up) ketchup. It's pretty much part of their brand  :shrug:   
Yes. They offer no sauces, correct? But that awesome Vinegar rocks.

That said, Cane's obviously believes that sauce enhances the experience. As such, I find it curious that they provide no choice.  Maybe that is their brand... and it's a successful brand.  I don't see how adding a couple option dilutes that brand (unlike say Thrashers, which is rooted in history of our great and great great grandparents).

And if I really want ketchup I can slum it at Boardwalk Fries. 😉

When we go to Canes, a co-worker wont go because he doesnt like the sauce. 

When we go to Canes, a co-worker wont go because he doesnt like the sauce. 
BOOM!

Like I said, it's a very successful brand.  But it's such an easy adjustment that would surely bring even more business and wouldn't do one thing to hurt existing. :shrug:

Yes. They offer no sauces, correct? But that awesome Vinegar rocks.

That said, Cane's obviously believes that sauce enhances the experience. As such, I find it curious that they provide no choice.  Maybe that is their brand... and it's a successful brand.  I don't see how adding a couple option dilutes that brand (unlike say Thrashers, which is rooted in history of our great and great great grandparents).

And if I really want ketchup I can slum it at Boardwalk Fries. 😉
The vinegar is the "only" sauce, in their case. It's like an integrity of food quality thing. They think their fries only should be paired with vinegar. Maybe Cane's feels the same about their chicken and that sauce. Like a chef that refuses to cook an aged filet well-done. 

They can't be oblivious to the fact people want/demand additional sauce options. So it must be a deliberate decision to die on that hill   :lol:

At the DE and MD beaches there's a hugely popular boardwalk place, Thrasher's Fries, that is 90 years old and still refuses to offer ketchup. They will only give you vinegar for your fries. They're happy to watch their customers buy fries then walk 10 feet to a neighboring boardwalk restaurant and buy (at a significant mark-up) packets of ketchup. It's pretty much part of their brand  :shrug:   
It would be pretty brilliant if they have a financial arrangement with the other place.  I mean, you can't really sell ketchup separately to a customer already purchasing fries, right?  But if you don't provide any ketchup (ostensibly because it's not worthy of the fries) and the customer has to buy it from another place...

Thrashers are overrated....

Our group at work is going to order a bunch of  fried chicken sandwiches from 8 different fast food places and then rate them all. Looking forward to it.
I think Deadspin tried this, and it was a mess - they couldn't get the timing right to get hot sammiches to everyone at the testing time.

Having a delicious CFA chicken biscuit and hash browns right now.  Their breakfast is severely underrated.  My favorite part is that there is NEVER a line of any kind in the AM.  I can leave the house and be back with a breakfast treat in 10 minutes.  Iced coffee is decent too.  Their hash browns are hands down the best fast food hash browns I've had.

Having a delicious CFA chicken biscuit and hash browns right now.  Their breakfast is severely underrated.  My favorite part is that there is NEVER a line of any kind in the AM.  I can leave the house and be back with a breakfast treat in 10 minutes.  Iced coffee is decent too.  Their hash browns are hands down the best fast food hash browns I've had.
Chicken minis + a little honey = boioioioiing 🤤

My chickfila has given me a free breakfast item every day this month through the app.  Chicken biscuit was my favorite, and I have enough points to get free hashbrowns each day too. 

My chickfila has given me a free breakfast item every day this month through the app.  Chicken biscuit was my favorite, and I have enough points to get free hashbrowns each day too. 
My favorite is when my chicken biscuit has a lot more batter and crispy stuff than usual.  It's like Christmas on a random Friday.  

Since its closed tomorrow, I'm planning on hitting it up on Wednesday.

Has anyone tried the peppermint chocolate shake?  I got a free reward to try it, but haven't yet.
They are delicious...I typically don't get a shake there cause its a ton of calories and sugar...but i get at least one of these every year.

They are delicious...I typically don't get a shake there cause its a ton of calories and sugar...but i get at least one of these every year.
Yeah, I'm counting calories, always trying to decide if things are worth it.  I'll give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread