Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Night Hawks

Chick Fil-A

4 hours ago, NotSmart said:

Not cool to specifically tag someone, insult them, and drag a PSF discussion into the FFA.

I'm sorry. It was Ramsay Hunt Experience and Chaka. I mistook them for squistion. But yeah, the politics have long been a part of this thread.  And squistion is a big boy who will tag people at random and then insult them. Or demand questions be answered. Or start four Colin Kaepernick threads. Or do other weird #### you apparently are Not Smart of nor privy to. So yeah, it seemed appropriate.

Take this to the PSF, lads.

• Like 1

Has anyone else had issues with mobile ordering for dine in?  I mobile order for pickup at one CFA for work and it works flawlessly. I’ve done mobile ordering at another for dine in close to home (scan table number at arrival) and they consistently forget stuff.  It’s so out of character for CFA that I’m not sure if it’s the dine in aspect or this particular restaurant can’t get its stuff together.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew74 said:

Has anyone else had issues with mobile ordering for dine in?  I mobile order for pickup at one CFA for work and it works flawlessly. I’ve done mobile ordering at another for dine in close to home (scan table number at arrival) and they consistently forget stuff.  It’s so out of character for CFA that I’m not sure if it’s the dine in aspect or this particular restaurant can’t get its stuff together.  

We used the mobile ordering dine in option for the first time on New Year's Day and it worked flawlessly. This was at a CFA about an hour from home so hopefully my local ones will be a smooth transaction as well. 

As for the app itself. I used it for the first time, successfully, this past Monday and have already received 2 free chicken sandwiches. I will mobile order from now on even if I have to it while in the parking lot. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2020 at 8:22 AM, In The Zone said:

We used the mobile ordering dine in option for the first time on New Year's Day and it worked flawlessly. This was at a CFA about an hour from home so hopefully my local ones will be a smooth transaction as well. 

As for the app itself. I used it for the first time, successfully, this past Monday and have already received 2 free chicken sandwiches. I will mobile order from now on even if I have to it while in the parking lot. 

you can also scan the app at the register if you order in person ;)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

you can also scan the app at the register if you order in person ;)

And actually talk to someone?  FTN

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 11:49 AM, Capella said:

I’ve never seen anyone order non-spicy from Popeyes. Legit assumed they didn’t even carry it. 

White people

• Laughing 2

On 11/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, -OZ- said:

Here, we have a crickets which is better than the rest.

X

2 hours ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

#HIPPLING

Flounder pound?

Just had Chic-fil-A's chicken sandwich.  Meh.

Had the spicy version, and it was supposed to come with pepper jack cheese to spice it up even more.  They put their "american" cheese on it instead.  

Even without the cheese mixup, the thing was mostly breading and WAY smaller than I anticipated.  Heck, it was only a little bigger than your average "slider" type of sandwich.

Flavor was decent, I'll give them that. 

But for $10, I'd expect a bigger sandwich with more meat.

Definitely never, ever having it again.  Would rather get their nuggets.  

43 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Just had their chicken sandwich.  Meh.

Had the spicy version, and it was supposed to come with pepper jack cheese to spice it up even more.  They put their "american" cheese on it instead.  

Even without the cheese mixup, the thing was mostly breading and WAY smaller than I anticipated.  Heck, it was only a little bigger than your average "slider" type of sandwich.

chic-fil-a or popeye's?

1 minute ago, Drunken knight said:

chic-fil-a or popeye's?

Chic-fil-A's.  

I absolutely love Popeye's spicy tenders.  I will try their sandwich when I'm able to.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Just had their chicken sandwich.  Meh.

I’m all kinds of confused by this - are you sure you ate at Chick-fil-a?

Just now, AAABatteries said:

As someone who absolutely loves their nuggets and fries and heck even the lemonade is top-notch, trust me I am a bit baffled too.  

2 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

As someone who absolutely loves their nuggets and fries and heck even the lemonade is top-notch, trust me I am a bit baffled too.  

Was $10 for the combo?  The size and breading of their sandwiches are easily the most consistent I’ve seen across FF places.  Granted they aren’t huge but I don’t think I’ve ever had anything that was close to slider size.

3 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Was $10 for the combo?  The size and breading of their sandwiches are easily the most consistent I’ve seen across FF places.  Granted they aren’t huge but I don’t think I’ve ever had anything that was close to slider size.

Yup $9.50 here in SoCal for the combo (fries and small drink).  It was definitely smaller than I expected and definitely was mostly breading.  Quite disappointing.  

13 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

I believe CFA is getting ready to roll out a menu change nationwide that will have a lot of "spicy" options on it.  nirad might just be in one of the test markets.

53 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I believe CFA is getting ready to roll out a menu change nationwide that will have a lot of "spicy" options on it.  nirad might just be in one of the test markets.

They have had the spicy sandwich for a while and its delicious.

Id wonder though, never heard it described as almost all breading (nor have I encountered one that way at CFA)...or worried about it being on the small side.  The breakfast one is smaller to fit on a biscuit...wondering if someone in that kitchen messed up.

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Id wonder though, never heard it described as almost all breading (nor have I encountered one that way at CFA)...or worried about it being on the small side.  The breakfast one is smaller to fit on a biscuit...wondering if someone in that kitchen messed up.

I've had some weird chicken sandwiches (one from Popeye's which is my favorite) at times where there's little chicken and a lot of breading. Perhaps in the machine separation or what have you, the breading takes precedence at times?

Anyway, I've also had Chik-fil-A's spicy and enjoyed it. That's some good, good stuff. I'll have to try the lemonade per nirad.

4 hours ago, sho nuff said:

The bun was small, like McDonald's little cheeseburger size.  I expected it to be on a bigger bun with a bigger slab o' fried-up chicken.  

Again, was disappointed with size and it seemed like it should have been meatier.

I know I said I wouldn't try it again, but based off recommendations here and the fact that I dig their nuggets, I'm probably inclined to give it another shot.  I love a good chicken sandwich.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:14 AM, rockaction said:

Yeah, you'd think someone could give to one of the largest charities on earth with a clean conscience, but damn if some little @squistion LGBTQ puritanist won't beat you from there to negative publicity for accepting either the Salvation Army or Chik-Fil-A's money. 

Way more harm done than good, and it tears the country apart. 

cool story, way to ruin a thread about food.

Tried the popeyes spicy chicken sandwich for the 1st time today.

As someone who loves the CFA version....wow. this was very good.

Admittedly,  I assume "unhealthier" with the sauce and what seems like a lot more breading but man was it tasty and juicy.

I had CFA Saturday night and finally made the shark move and had the mac and cheese instead of the fries $$$$

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nirad3 said:

The bun was small, like McDonald's little cheeseburger size.  I expected it to be on a bigger bun with a bigger slab o' fried-up chicken.  

Again, was disappointed with size and it seemed like it should have been meatier.

I know I said I wouldn't try it again, but based off recommendations here and the fact that I dig their nuggets, I'm probably inclined to give it another shot.  I love a good chicken sandwich.

To be clear on my confusion - they use the same buns for the regular and spicy sandwich and from what I can tell the same chicken breasts - one just has the spices on it.  That and the price was why I was confused.  I’m actually in the camp of the regular >> spicy but I’ve probably eaten 1,000 regular sandwiches in my life and maybe 5 of the spicy.

2 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

Admittedly,  I assume "unhealthier" with the sauce and what seems like a lot more breading but man was it tasty and juicy.

This is the first I have heard of the sauce... what kind is it?  Is there Mayo on it?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Jaysus said:

This is the first I have heard of the sauce... what kind is it?  Is there Mayo on it?

Idk

I was orangey. I think it said cajun sauce?

I dont like to read when I eat

Edited by comfortably numb

@Jaysus  the spicy popeye's sandwich is the filet as the classic. What makes it spicy is the the spicy mayo, nothing spicy in the breading.  I'm telling you as someone who doesn't like mayo.

THIS SANDWICH SLAPS.

Also, aren't you vegetarian?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

Likewise.  I mostly enjoyed the sandwich, but everything seemed over salted to me (beyond regular seasoning).

Finally tried Popeyes chicken sandwich today.  Far superior to Chick-Fil-A

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2020 at 7:49 AM, TheIronSheik said:

They already have spicy sandwich, spicy club and spicy tenders ... Not sure what is left.. lol

8 minutes ago, belljr said:

They already have spicy sandwich, spicy club and spicy tenders ... Not sure what is left.. lol

Unless it is new, they do not have spicy nuggets. Assuming we are talking CFA and not Popeyes in the CFA thread.

39 minutes ago, Beef Ravioli said:

Unless it is new, they do not have spicy nuggets. Assuming we are talking CFA and not Popeyes in the CFA thread.

Oooh nuggets , good call

On 1/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, belljr said:

Here

On 1/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Also, aren't you vegetarian?

No, I recently gave up on pretty much everything I ever cared about. 

7 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

No, I recently gave up on pretty much everything I ever cared about. 

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Oh - I thought that was everywhere already. We've had that for awhile here.

"We are excited to offer Spicy Chick-n-Strips, the Grilled Spicy Deluxe Sandwich and the Spicy Chick-n-Strips Biscuit as part of the new test menu in Charlotte"

Edited by belljr

39 minutes ago, belljr said:

Oh - I thought that was everywhere already. We've had that for awhile here.

"We are excited to offer Spicy Chick-n-Strips, the Grilled Spicy Deluxe Sandwich and the Spicy Chick-n-Strips Biscuit as part of the new test menu in Charlotte"

I just saw the article the other day.  So not sure.  I don't even look at the menu anymore.  I know I want a #1, with a large lemonade and then my wife and I also split a 12 pack of nuggets.

A new Chick-Fil-A opened in Allen Park MI. 

I knew I was going to be at a meeting at Ford Motor World Headquarters today and that is about 5 minutes away from the new Chick-Fil-A.  The meeting ended at 2pm and I am thinking I will check out the place and being after the lunch and before dinner I thought would be in good shape to get in and out.   It is in kind of an outdoor mall type of area with a number of other eateries.  I go to pull in there are police directing traffic going into the mall driveway so I thought there was an accident. As I go closer there must have been 75 or more vehicles lined up to get into the Chick-Fil-A parking lot and the lot was full as well.     I just left.

I like this place but no way in hell is it good enough to wait 30-40 minutes for some fast food.

Edited by Da Guru

4 hours ago, Da Guru said:

So a new Chick-Fil-A opened in Allen Park MI. 

So I knew I was going to be at a meeting at Ford Motor World Headquarters today and that is about 5 minutes away from the new Chick-Fil-A.  The meeting ended at so I am thinking I will check out the place and being after the lunch and before dinner I thought would be in good shape to get in and out.   It is in kind of an outdoor mall type of area with a number of other eateries.  I go to pull in there are police directing traffic going into the mall driveway so I thought there was an accident. As I go closer there must have been 75 or more vehicles lined up to get into the Chick-Fil-A parking lot and the lot was full as well.     I just left.

I like this place but no way in hell is it good enough to wait 30-40 minutes for some fast food.

Or 5 minutes for that matter.

• Like 1

Had my first experience tonight.

Spicy chicken meal and got 8 free nuggets for downloading the app , thanks @Jaysus for that

The spicy chicken sandwich was good, but not better than Wendy’s imho.

The waffle fries were meh. Could’ve stayed in the fryer for another minute maybe.

The nuggets were the best fast food nuggets ever

By the time I scanned for the nuggets and paid for my meal the food was ready which was surprising because it was busy. The drive thru line was probably 15 deep.

Overall.....idk. Didn’t live up to the hype 

On 1/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, belljr said:

They did the dumbest thing they've ever done ever when they removed the spicy chicken biscuit from their menu.  I didn't go to Chic-fil-a for a week out of protest when they had that brain fart.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:31 AM, The Commish said:

They did the dumbest thing they've ever done ever when they removed the spicy chicken biscuit from their menu.  I didn't go to Chic-fil-a for a week out of protest when they had that brain fart.

One opened 20 minutes away several weeks ago.  Last time I was that way (on an early morning) I swung by for the chicken minis breakfast.  First CFA experience.  Very good.  Could you just order a spicy chicken biscuit?  Would they not give it to you?

10 hours ago, facook said:

One opened 20 minutes away several weeks ago.  Last time I was that way (on an early morning) I swung by for the chicken minis breakfast.  First CFA experience.  Very good.  Could you just order a spicy chicken biscuit?  Would they not give it to you?

I don't think they'll put one of the large sandwich fillets on a biscuit, but I've never asked :mellow: