What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (1 Viewer)

Speaking of out of business, can anyone explain to me how KFC is still in business?
Their original recipe chicken breasts are so damn good. :bag: Hard to screw up mashed/gravy and coleslaw too. Tiger Fan recommended Popeye's. Tried it and I wasn't impressed.
I like the chicken well enough and I do love that sodium bomb KFC gravy more than I'd ever want to admit.

It's just that other places are better and I don't see how there's room for them in places with other options. Especially with no decent sandwich or breakfast.

Speaking of out of business, can anyone explain to me how KFC is still in business?
Their original recipe chicken breasts are so damn good. :bag:

Hard to screw up mashed/gravy and coleslaw too. Tiger Fan recommended Popeye's. Tried it and I wasn't impressed.
I have never seen anyone cut up, boil or mash potatoes in a KFC. I have seen them adding water to potato powder however.

Their original recipe chicken breasts are so damn good. :bag: Hard to screw up mashed/gravy and coleslaw too. Tiger Fan recommended Popeye's. Tried it and I wasn't impressed.
I have never seen anyone cut up, boil or mash potatoes in a KFC. I have seen them adding water to potato powder however.
Works for me!

There was a time when Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich was pretty dang spicy and the best in the land. Like 15 years ago. But they changed the recipe I guess, because it is really tame now. Chickfila is much better.

Their original recipe chicken breasts are so damn good. :bag:

Hard to screw up mashed/gravy and coleslaw too. Tiger Fan recommended Popeye's. Tried it and I wasn't impressed.
I've never seen cattle entering a McDonald's either.

I moved to within 1 mile of one of these places and I've only been there about 10 times in 2 years. That's not because I wouldn't want it it's just because I know it's not good to have all the time. The chicken fingers are off the handle.

For what it's worth I'm far far far from a holy roller. That said I respect CFA. Only because they practice what they preach. You want to play the Jesus card then you should be closed on Sundays. I respect them for that alone.

I moved to within 1 mile of one of these places and I've only been there about 10 times in 2 years. That's not because I wouldn't want it it's just because I know it's not good to have all the time. The chicken fingers are off the handle.

For what it's worth I'm far far far from a holy roller. That said I respect CFA. Only because they practice what they preach. You want to play the Jesus card then you should be closed on Sundays. I respect them for that alone.
If they really wanted to play the Jesus card they should give all of their food/money away.

Works for me!
You will love Chicfil-a. Everything is from scratch.

This thread has me convinced to try a spicy chicken sandwich from CFA tomorrow, again.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first order when they open is gonna be "One of everything."

Do they have Franch dressing for a nugget-dipping sauce?

Willie Neslon said:
Raider Nation said:
Willie Neslon said:
Raider Nation said:
pollardsvision said:
Works for me!
What do you mean by "from scratch"? Everything comes pre packaged, except a couple ingredients on the salads. The fries are frozen, the chicken breasts come pre processed (no whole chickens used). All they do is thaw them completely and bread them in store. The are brined in pickle juice too.

That all said, I don't give a ####....it's delicious. But it's not like they are cutting up their own chickens and making fries from potatoes in store.

Willie Neslon said:
Raider Nation said:
Willie Neslon said:
Raider Nation said:
pollardsvision said:
Works for me!
What do you mean by "from scratch"? Everything comes pre packaged, except a couple ingredients on the salads. The fries are frozen, the chicken breasts come pre processed (no whole chickens used). All they do is thaw them completely and bread them in store. The are brined in pickle juice too.

That all said, I don't give a ####....it's delicious. But it's not like they are cutting up their own chickens and making fries from potatoes in store.
The fries are cut from real potato and then frozen. Everything else is from scratch. yes they bring in the chicken, of course.

Willie Neslon said:
Raider Nation said:
Willie Neslon said:
Raider Nation said:
pollardsvision said:
Works for me!

The fries are cut from real potato and then frozen. Everything else is from scratch. yes they bring in the chicken, of course.
Interesting definition. The lemonade is as close to "from scratch" that they have IMO. All the buns, components to the deserts, salads, dressings, sauces etc are pre done. Though they do wait to add chicken to salads at order time. Yes, I worked at one of these places when I was in high school. The chicken meat is actual chicken breast though...not processed like other "patty" type chicken sandwiches.

Fries being crispy and PIPING HOT are more important than them being overly flavorful.
Go at lunch time. It will appear to be an hour long line but it will only take 5 minutes to get through. Guaranteed hot fries during that time. Sometimes in the late afternoon, they are luke warm <_<

Willie Neslon said:
Raider Nation said:
Willie Neslon said:
Raider Nation said:
pollardsvision said:
Works for me!

Interesting definition. The lemonade is as close to "from scratch" that they have IMO. All the buns, components to the deserts, salads, dressings, sauces etc are pre done. Though they do wait to add chicken to salads at order time. Yes, I worked at one of these places when I was in high school. The chicken meat is actual chicken breast though...not processed like other "patty" type chicken sandwiches.
Everything is from scratch. They may not cook the buns right at the location but they are not buying premade. Yes, that is a real chicken breast.

CFA fries are the worst thing on their menu IMO. Usually limp and cold.

Breakfast is where it's at there.

Seriously? I've never had a waffle fry at CFA that wasn't piping hot. Don't you eat in one of the pews inside? And even if I did, a simple "Hey this isn't quite right" and suddenly 6 alter boys, 4 nuns and 2 clergyman come running out to assist.

Raider Nation said:
pollardsvision said:
Nope

Rick James said:
There was a time when Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich was pretty dang spicy and the best in the land. Like 15 years ago. But they changed the recipe I guess, because it is really tame now. Chickfila is much better.
The Wendys one also got about 1/3 smaller in the last few years.

Rick James said:
The Wendys one also got about 1/3 smaller in the last few years.
Damn good posting. It sure did. Sadly, it's an industry epidemic. The Big Mac should be called the "Slightly bigger than a normal cheeseburger Mac" now.

And don't even get me started on the SLOP at BK. Not only is it hideous food, but the burgers keep shrinking year after year.

Place is always over-staffed. Everyone is trained well. (Next time you are in one, say "thank You" - I think they are all trained to say "my pleasure" every time.)
I could eat there every day just for the food - but this really seals the deal for me. The robotic responses make it so easy to mess with them. Getting a refill and the girl at the next register was just standing there with no customers. So I look over and say "Thank you" for no reason and she smiles and says "my pleasure." The girl getting my refill says "Oh, was that regular or caffeine free?" and I respond "regular" and then look over at the girl with no customers "Thank you" she responds "my pleasure" but now looks more like :coffee: Then when the first girl hands me my refill I say "OK" and she says "my pleas-" I look over at the other girl - she won't look at me.
Lol

I think the fries are very overrated.

They aren't bad...just not nearly as good as some gush about them.

Breakfast (chicken minis) is definitely good.

The new grilled nuggets aren't that terrible either.

Like Cappy said the fries are easily the most inconsistent item on the menu. They can be fantastic or crap if they've sat out too long. That's not often though as they know what they are doing.

Chick fil a sauce is awesome. Try dipping the tenders in it. Or just put some straight on a regular or spicy sandwich.

Everything is from scratch. They may not cook the buns right at the location but they are not buying premade. Yes, that is a real chicken breast.
Please use every time you use the phrase "from scratch". It's clearly a unique definition for you. There's a reason the Merita bread truck shows up at our Chick-fil-a daily and why there are so many preservatives (around 15) in their sandwiches. That's all I can tell you. I feel :bag: for even going down this path, so you can have the last word.

Users who are viewing this thread