What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (3 Viewers)

Is there a better major fast food chain sandwich than the spicy chicken? Great stuff

I really don't care if the CEO is a homophobe. The company has no anti-gay policy
I don't believe so.

Sometimes I prefer the more classic fried chicken profile of a Bojangles chicken sandwich, but CFA is king.

CFA, Bojangles, Wendy's seems to be the clear pecking order. TThough, I've never had a Popeye's or Zaxby's sandwich.

Is there a better major fast food chain sandwich than the spicy chicken? Great stuff

I really don't care if the CEO is a homophobe. The company has no anti-gay policy
I don't believe so.

Sometimes I prefer the more classic fried chicken profile of a Bojangles chicken sandwich, but CFA is king.

CFA, Bojangles, Wendy's seems to be the clear pecking order. TThough, I've never had a Popeye's or Zaxby's sandwich.
Zaxby sandwich is ok....they put it on butter soaked texas toast. I'd take CFA or Bojangles over any of them. Though, when I go to Bojangles, I get actual chicken or a biscuit most of the time.

I don't believe so.

Zaxby sandwich is ok....they put it on butter soaked texas toast. I'd take CFA or Bojangles over any of them. Though, when I go to Bojangles, I get actual chicken or a biscuit most of the time.
Bobo is overrated. Period.

I don't believe so.

Popeyes spicy poboy is awesome.

Has this been addressed yet... ?

You give your order at the counter

They don't give you a table number or anything, they only have your name

You go sit down anywhere in the place

2 minutes later a person you've never seen before arrives with your food and calls you by name

Secret cameras in back?

2 minutes later a person you've never seen before arrives with your food and calls you by name

Secret cameras in back?
Freaks me out too.

Secret cameras in back?
Just give the name Bueller, like I do. I enjoy the person having to say, "Bueller....," several times before doing anything.

Secret cameras in back?
Just give the name Bueller, like I do. I enjoy the person having to say, "Bueller....," several times before doing anything.
I don't give my name. They get it from my card.

Considering they are a fast-food restaurant, it is amazing how much innovation they bring to the segment.
Exactly...chicken sandwich, spicy chicken sandwich, it never ends with these guys.
Well, they went chicken v. burger

They went waffle fries v. regular fries

They emphasize customer service v. whatever you think you get from mcdonalds, etc.

Early adopter of free-refills

Free wifi

They are almost always over-staffed - clean tables, flowers on table, etc.

They will now bring your food to you table.

They have a full breakfast menu

Their drive-through experience during busy hours is second to none - multiple lanes, ability to pay before you get to the window, a person outside taking your order, etc.

Make fun of them if you want, but it certainly appears that they do a good job in picking franchise owners, training them, and giving them tools to succeed. Most fast-food restaurants and staff always seem like they are just going through the motions just getting by every day. Chick-fil-a folks always seem to be looking for more ways for you to enjoy their particular dining experience.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Service is faster than Jimmy-John's. I go to get condiments and napkins and my order is waiting for me on the counter before I get back. :towelwave:

Service is faster than Jimmy-John's. I go to get condiments and napkins and my order is waiting for me on the counter before I get back. :towelwave:
This is why I go there for lunch about half of the time lately. If I'm in a hurry, it can't be beat. Grilled salad is damn tasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird they give us a number to take to our table
Panera is inconsistent too. In the eastern US you get your food and throw it away. In California they bring your food and bus it when you're done, no tips.
The food is so bad there that you buy it and throw it away?? Think of all the poor people you could feed with that wanted food.

Weird they give us a number to take to our table
Panera is inconsistent too. In the eastern US you get your food and throw it away. In California they bring your food and bus it when you're done, no tips.
The food is so bad there that you buy it and throw it away?? Think of all the poor people you could feed with that wanted food.
Don't buy it and they will donate their unsold bread: https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/community/in-the-community-new.html

That new grilled chicken sandwich on the multigrain bun is pretty good. I'm normally an original or spicy chicken sandwich guy but the grilled is money.

Considering they are a fast-food restaurant, it is amazing how much innovation they bring to the segment.
Exactly...chicken sandwich, spicy chicken sandwich, it never ends with these guys.
Well, they went chicken v. burgerThey went waffle fries v. regular fries

They emphasize customer service v. whatever you think you get from mcdonalds, etc.

Free wifi

Their drive-through experience during busy hours is second to none - multiple lanes, ability to pay before you get to the window, a person outside taking your order, etc.

Make fun of them if you want, but it certainly appears that they do a good job in picking franchise owners, training them, and giving them tools to succeed. Most fast-food restaurants and staff always seem like they are just going through the motions just getting by every day. Chick-fil-a folks always seem to be looking for more ways for you to enjoy their particular dining experience.
Lol that you think that even half that list is innovative. Tons of other fast food places do exactly what you listed. The customer service you list is the major edge, bring you your food, walk around looking for refills, etc.

That and they have pulled the wool over many people/milfs eyes that they are a healthy alternative to the other fast food majors.

The place near me opened a month ago. Still haven't gone yet. Every time I drive by, inside is bombed and the double-drive-thru is 15-20 cars deep. No thanks. Krispy Kreme was the same way when they first opened. It's a novelty. They died down after a couple of months.
Don't bet on it.

Buckna said:

Free wifi

Lol that you think that even half that list is innovative. Tons of other fast food places do exactly what you listed. The customer service you list is the major edge, bring you your food, walk around looking for refills, etc.

That and they have pulled the wool over many people/milfs eyes that they are a healthy alternative to the other fast food majors.
I don't think so.

As for innovation - we are not talking a tech company here, but we are talking about an era where most fast food restaurants are run like factories - with a commensurate dining experience. Those restaurants look to new food products to draw in customers, while Chick-fil-a is constantly looking for ways to improve the dining experience. In that respect, they are being innovative, within the confines of their industry.

I can't speak to others intent, but when I go to Chick-fil-a, its not because I think its healthier. Its just a better overall experience. Sometimes its just nice to go somewhere where everyone is polite. :shrug:

The place near me opened a month ago. Still haven't gone yet. Every time I drive by, inside is bombed and the double-drive-thru is 15-20 cars deep. No thanks. Krispy Kreme was the same way when they first opened. It's a novelty. They died down after a couple of months.
Don't bet on it.
My cousin owns 2 franchises and both stores are still just like this after a number of years.

Don't bet on it.
I personally hate Krispy Kreme*, but they always seem to do very well. I just saw one this weekend (in Hickory) in a 3000 square foot standalone space with tons of parking. It blows my mind that they can support that space on donuts and coffee. I assume the selling for fundraisers and other retailers is also a big part of the business.

*I only knew KK donuts growing up, and it was mildly earth shattering when I first found the goodness of an old-fashioned cake donut from Dunkin. So delicious, and a miliion times better than the KK glazed donuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bet on it.
I personally hate Krispy Kreme*, but they always seem to do very well. I just saw one this weekend (in Hickory) in a 3000 square foot standalone space with tons of parking. It blows my mind that they can support that space on donuts and coffee. I assume the selling for fundraisers and other retailers is also a big part of the business.

*I only knew KK donuts growing up, and it was mildly earth shattering when I first found the goodness of an old-fashioned cake donut from Dunkin. So delicious, and a miliion times better than the KK glazed donuts.
LIAR!
What is the point of deep frying dough if you are just going drown it in glaze, and lose that bit of crunch on the surface?

May as well just eat a honey bun.

Then, if the donut isn't eaten the moment it rolls off the conveyor belt, the glaze has a disgusting texture.

I will say I was shocked to learn the KK Original Glazed Doughnut has barely half the calories (190) of the DD Old-Fashioned Cake Donut (320).

Buckna said:

Free wifi

I don't think so.

As for innovation - we are not talking a tech company here, but we are talking about an era where most fast food restaurants are run like factories - with a commensurate dining experience. Those restaurants look to new food products to draw in customers, while Chick-fil-a is constantly looking for ways to improve the dining experience. In that respect, they are being innovative, within the confines of their industry.

I can't speak to others intent, but when I go to Chick-fil-a, its not because I think its healthier. Its just a better overall experience. Sometimes its just nice to go somewhere where everyone is polite. :shrug:
I've never had bad customer service at any CFA I've been to. All the workers are super nice and I've also never seen a dirty CFA. Always clean even when it's super crowded. No fast food chain can beat the customer service experience at CFA.

Secret cameras in back?
they write on the receipt what you are wearing

Nobody actually likes a Dunkin Donuts donut. This is just shtick.
Love'em. I have every bad eating habit in the book, but somehow an utter lack of a sweet tooth (not that a plain DD donut is in anyway healthy).

I can't stand glazed donuts, not to mention all the ridiculous monstrosities with all the toppings.

I much prefer that crusty goodness of a plain cake donut.

Nobody actually likes a Dunkin Donuts donut. This is just shtick.
Love'em. I have every bad eating habit in the book, but somehow an utter lack of a sweet tooth (not that a plain DD donut is in anyway healthy).

I can't stand glazed donuts, not to mention all the ridiculous monstrosities with all the toppings.

I much prefer that crusty goodness of a plain cake donut.
I'll go to DD for their sour cream cake donuts...standard or chocolate. That's about it. I get the same "crusty" texture you were referring too at either place, only KK allows for them fresh. I'll eat them by the dozen in that state. KK is significantly sweeter than DD, but DD has larger donuts.

My favorite donuts ever were potato donuts my grandmother made. Sprinkle the slightest amount of cinnamon on top and dig in....no need for any sort of glaze/filling.

Best donuts are powdered sugar/cinnamon on the outside with "fruit" filling in the middle. DD and Publix both do those very well, but KK is no slouch. I'll have maybe two of these a year though...

Users who are viewing this thread