What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kurt Warner (1 Viewer)

ffguru56

Footballguy
I've got to say I have the utmost respect for him. I just watched the interview with Jim Rome on ESPN. He has always been a well spoken, intelligent individual who should be a role model for every football player...it's refreshing.

All too often I see idiots on the field getting touchdowns and doing their stupid celebrations acting like a fool, talking like they are some punk with every sentence having 3 or more grammatical errors in it, making ridiculous money demands and leaving your team to flap in the wind, etc.

The NFL lost a great player, one of the few who created a dignified image for the league.

Any other players worth noting in this category alongside Kurt Warner?

Tiki Barber should be on this list too.
:thumbup: For having an affair while his wife is pregnant?http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/ne...3-report-201094

I'd say Warrick Dunn belongs on such a list.

Dunn established the Warrick Dunn Foundation and the Homes for the Holidays program, which helps struggling single parents purchase homes. The program buys homes through a down payment provided by Dunn, who also worked with area sponsors to furnish and outfit the homes. The program, as of April 2010, has assisted 93 single parents and 250 dependents in Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Tampa, and Tallahassee. Dunn's goal is help these parents realize the dream that his mother was not able to give to him and his siblings, to own their own home. Dunn's achievements have been recognized over the years. He received a Giant Steps Award in civic leadership from former President Bill Clinton for his program. In 2005, Dunn was presented with the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award; named after the Chicago Bears running back who died in 1999, the award is the only NFL award that recognizes a player for his community service as well as for his excellence on the field. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Dunn challenged all NFL players, except for those who play for the New Orleans Saints, to donate at least $5,000 to the effort. The effort received over $5 million in contributions.

In 2007, Dunn, along with Andre Agassi, Muhammad Ali, Lance Armstrong, Jeff Gordon, Mia Hamm, Tony Hawk, Andrea Jaeger, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Mario Lemieux, Alonzo Mourning and Cal Ripken, Jr., founded Athletes for Hope, a charitable organization that helps professional athletes, sports industry professionals and fans get involved in charitable causes.[4]

For his exceptional involvement on and off the field, Dunn was awarded with the 2009 Bart Starr Award.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rae Carruth is my choice for the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to say I have the utmost respect for him. I just watched the interview with Jim Rome on ESPN. He has always been a well spoken, intelligent individual who should be a role model for every football player...it's refreshing. All too often I see idiots on the field getting touchdowns and doing their stupid celebrations acting like a fool, talking like they are some punk with every sentence having 3 or more grammatical errors in it, making ridiculous money demands and leaving your team to flap in the wind, etc.The NFL lost a great player, one of the few who created a dignified image for the league.Any other players worth noting in this category alongside Kurt Warner?
I always rooted for the teams where Kurt Warner was the QB as a distant 2nd favorite to the Packers. Follow him on Twitter too. Definitely seems like good people.Word on the street here in Packer country is that Aaron Rodgers is a genuinely good guy. :bs:

Kurt Warner is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer, media loves him, his story is inspirational, and while I don't share his Christian views he is a man that doesn't waiver and I respect that. The NFL could use a few more Kurt Warners unfortunately he is one of a kind it seems.

Rod Smith always struck me as a team 1st kinda guy who quietly put up some strong #'s and never was cocky about it. Don't know much about his personal life other than he kept to himself mostly.

There are a lot of NFL players who are genuinely good guys. Most of them try to avoid the spotlight when they do things. I know that Troy P makes regular visits to Children's Hospital. Charlie Batch is also very involved in the community. I'm sure every team has a handful of guys who fit into this category.

But yeah, Kurt Warner is a good guy who happens to get a lot of the spotlight. He's handled it well.

I've got to say I have the utmost respect for him. I just watched the interview with Jim Rome on ESPN. He has always been a well spoken, intelligent individual who should be a role model for every football player...it's refreshing. All too often I see idiots on the field getting touchdowns and doing their stupid celebrations acting like a fool, talking like they are some punk with every sentence having 3 or more grammatical errors in it, making ridiculous money demands and leaving your team to flap in the wind, etc.The NFL lost a great player, one of the few who created a dignified image for the league.Any other players worth noting in this category alongside Kurt Warner?
God Bless him. :shrug:

Kurt Warner is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer, media loves him, his story is inspirational, and while I don't share his Christian views he is a man that doesn't waiver and I respect that. The NFL could use a few more Kurt Warners unfortunately he is one of a kind it seems.
Well said. He did nothing but perform at the highest level when coming in for an injured Trent Green. What did he do? Only lead argueably the greatest offense ever ...... When I think of the NFL over the last 20 years, the 1999-2001 Rams stick out like a sore thumb. What a lasting impression they have made. Greatest show on turf...And he did with the Cardinals over the last few years was exhilirating to watch....

Users who are viewing this thread