What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White HBs (1 Viewer)

How can you tell? They all wear those funny hats and get fined if they take them off!

I think the only one of note in recent years is Jamel. Before that you probably have to go back to Lorenzo (1988-1995)

I don't think white HBs have been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a white HB do well. There is a little hope invested in them and they get a lot of credit for the performance of their team that they don't deserve. The defense carried these teams.

I don't think white HBs have been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a white HB do well. There is a little hope invested in them and they get a lot of credit for the performance of their team that they don't deserve. The defense carried these teams.
:rotflmao:

Ah yes.....White running backs from the past couple of decades in the NFL….You guys have most of the ‘usual suspects’, but you forgot a fewCraig James…The neanderthal lookin' Tom Rathman...Rocky Bleier (who ended up being a REAL piece of crap)Mark van Eeghan of those 70s biker era rag tag bunch of Oakland Raiders….The very dapper underwear modeling Ed Marinaro of Cornell…The last white guy to run for 100+ yards prior to Chicago's cracker on Sunday: Brad HooverThe controversial fumber: Rob Lytle…Oooh poor little Joey: How about John Cappeletti?Travis JerveyThe celibate one from Northwestern: the post concussed Bobby ChristianThe equally post concussed, BUT NOW WITH HAIR: Merrill HogeAnd who could forget good ole #25 Brad Muster? Perhaps one of the most OVER rated running backs to come out of Stanford (other than Tommy Touchdown Vardell) that is. ;)

Best one's ever has to be HOF'ers Riggins and Csonka. Unless you want to go back to the beginning of time and say Red Grange.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about Norm Bulaich, Don Nottingham, Steve Owens, Brian Piccolo, Alan Ameche, Doug Kotar, Jim Kiick, Jim Otis, Norm Van Eagen, Bill Brown

Ah yes.....White running backs from the past couple of decades in the NFL….You guys have most of the ‘usual suspects’, but you forgot a fewCraig James…The neanderthal lookin' Tom Rathman...Rocky Bleier (who ended up being a REAL piece of crap)Mark van Eeghan of those 70s biker era rag tag bunch of Oakland Raiders….The very dapper underwear modeling Ed Marinaro of Cornell…The last white guy to run for 100+ yards prior to Chicago's cracker on Sunday: Brad HooverThe controversial fumber: Rob Lytle…Oooh poor little Joey: How about John Cappeletti?Travis JerveyThe celibate one from Northwestern: the post concussed Bobby ChristianThe equally post concussed, BUT NOW WITH HAIR: Merrill HogeAnd who could forget good ole #25 Brad Muster? Perhaps one of the most OVER rated running backs to come out of Stanford (other than Tommy Touchdown Vardell) that is. ;)
Look up - already mentioned James and Bleier.Brian Piccolo is another one that comes to mind - very sad story.Or, if you're talking about college studs, how about Joe Dudek?

What does it matter if they are white, black, or purple? I only care how many yards they get and how many times they score.
Doesn't really matter but it IS an interesting physiological tendancy, don't you think?

Lorezo WHITE

Note: Never said white as in color or name... :thumbup:

Even though I replied twice to flame others - I will also say that we don't need these racist threads....What does it matter if they are white, black, or purple? I only care how many yards they get and how many times they score.
So are you prejudice againsts the ones that don't?

Paul HornungJim TaylorJim KiickEd BrownElroy "Crazy Legs" HirschLeo "the Lion" Nomolinni (sp?)
Hornung, Hirsch, and Taylor were great. I can't believe I didn't think of them.

After scoring 4 touchdowns in the high school city championship, I can't believe no one has mentioned Polk High Panthers Most Valuable Player:Al Touchdown Bundy. :thumbup:

But the point is no white man can play HB today. An occasion Hoover or Forsey can do well for a game or two but those are abberations.

It is impossible to be a successful HB on the NFL level if you are white in this era. That is fact.

But the point is no white man can play HB today. An occasion Hoover or Forsey can do well for a game or two but those are abberations.

It is impossible to be a successful HB on the NFL level if you are white in this era. That is fact.
I disagree. Give me a healthy Luke Staley, and he is a guaranteed 1,000-8 back. The guy was incredible in college -- he averaged 16 points (yes, points) a game and over 8 yards a carry (in a passing offense at BYU). BTW, he won the Doak Walker and before that was Mr. Football in Oregon (h.s.). He excelled at every level and is white. Honestly, Brock reminds me of him -- big, great vision, great burst, hard to bring down, and great hands. But, the greatest NFL back in my mind -- has to be John Riggins. I grew up a Cowboy fan and that guy killed us.

And wasn't Hoge a stud on Tecmo Bowl? Think so. Him too.

Mr. Inside, Doc Blanchard & Mr. Outside, Glenn Davis. The two Army RBs from the mid-'40s were incredible. Both could've been great pros.

After scoring 4 touchdowns in the high school city championship, I can't believe no one has mentioned Polk High Panthers Most Valuable Player:Al Touchdown Bundy.  :thumbup:
I believe that was 5 touchdowns
It was 4.
I stand corrected. Shouldn't have spouted off so quickly, I guess. I must have been distracted by Kelly b's slut wear or hot friends and didn't pay Al's story of glory as much attention as it deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread