Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pollardsvision

COD: Black Ops (Nov. 9 Release)

Didn't see a thread and thought it's about time.

Comes out Nov. 9th and seems pretty awesome.

Weapon Charts:

http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9382/weaponp.png

XBOX 360 Gamertags:

AhrnCityPahnder…Inspekkta D (HAlo2&3&ODST, Borderlands, Left4Dead & Left4Dead2, CoD MW2)

Ash…SelectTangent

babydemon90…babydemon90

belljr…Eabell (Forza, Madden, NHL. Left4Dead 2)

Biggamer3…Brooklynberger (FIFA 10, Madden 10, CoD MW2)

Bobcat10…rodells (MW2)

Bogart…bowlin75 (Team Fortress 2, GTA IV)

Bonzai…FBG Bonzai (FIFA 10, TF2)

bro1ncos...bro2ncos (COD:Blops)

Buddy Ball 2k3…HitEm20 (Borderlands, All Pro Football 2k8, MW2, Left4Dead2)

Bull Dozier…Nittany Dodgers (COD4MW, Halo Reach)

cbatm32...BruceZowned

cj…CJFLINDERS (Left4Dead, GoW, Halo)

DrJ...DrJ079

dude...fbg dude

dunfee555...Dunfinator5524 (Madden, Halo 3, CoD MW)

Exfireman_62…exfireman62

fasteddie_21…SirFelixCat (Borderlands)

fissure man…STEADYMOBBIN 22 (Broderlands, Madden10, GTAIV, Gears of War 1&2)

Galmgren…Barley555 (Borderlands, GoW2, R6: Vegas2, Left4Dead, CoD)

Gator Shawn…Gator Shawn94

Giant Wooden Badger…xxx Badger xxx

gigantor…skunkguts (Borderlands, MW2)

GreekFreak…StinkyKolos (NHL, Madden)

Harry Manback…Mr Manback (GoW2, CoD WaW, CoD MW, Left4Dead, Borderlands, R6 Vegas 1&2, Halo 2, Halo 3 Halo ODST)

hxperson…Ryodan5

Instinctive...Fisch4three

James Daulton…JamesDaulton (Borderlands, Halo, CoD, Left4Dead)

JerseyToughGuys…FBG JTG

Joe Paterno…Keys Myaths

KGB…WICKD AWESMNESS (COD)

Mad Cow…TheEyeDoc

Madshot31…o The Contest o (MW2, Gears of War 2, R6: Vegas2, Left4Dead)

MONKEY…S7UTTMONKEY

Normie32r…Normie32r (MW2)

Northern Voice…dementedferret (NHL10, Rock Band2, Halo 3:ODST)

nutss…Bagman

OC Zed...samsa

orcinus…orcinus_kc (Borderlands, Dragon Age: Origins, GoW2)

Otis…Otis66 (Gears of War, Borderlands)

PlayaHata…IndyMark007 (MW2)

QUEZILLA…QUEZILLA99

R Dizzle...Xv Primetime vX (MW2, Halo 3, Madden 10, NCAA 10)

Ren Hoek…ren h03k (Halo 3, Borderlands, Battlefield: Bad Company)

Sheriff66…Sheriff66 (NHL10, Madden10, CoD)

SierraKiloBravo…SierraKiloBravo

SkyRattlers…SkyRattlers (COD Black Ops)

SlaX...TravJam (MW, MW2, Halo ODST, Halo 3, Battlefield 1943, Rock Band 2)

Spanky267...Spanky267 (MW2)

Steve Tasker…pete4999 (MW2, GoW2, FIFA10)

Sundays Rule…Nodnarb518

tdoss…mdoss

thayman...thayman

The Dweeze…HurricaneDweeze (borderlands, R6:Vegas2, GoW2, MW2)

the hairy scotsman…hairy scotsman1 (CoD4, MW2)

thecatch…sathota33 (Borderlands, Madden)

TLEF316...Tlef316

Tony Jabroni...rogkline22 (CoD WaW & MW2)

toshiba …Craig617 (COD MW)

Uni Alias…UniAlias

Usual21…Usual21 (Madden10, Rock Band2, DJ Hero, MW2)

valence…valdingo (MW2, Madden, Halo, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride)

wazoo11…zeroway21

whitem0nkey...WhiteM0nkey (CoD MW2)

Wild Young Billy…metsfan242

Worm...Wormus Maximus

Wrigley…HADES HANDS

Wu-Banger...WuBangerFBG (COD: Blops)

PS3 ID List:

UMWolves97

RedmondHorn

the_rover68

Lightfoot7

azcardfan7

AcerFC

PolrdsVision

gianmarco_00

Breesus

agnt-goldrush

RolledJeep

NDyse10

The_Rooster_AIC

Bogeys66

NRVOUS77

Outcold43

HuberJA

Polsonov

MadSweeney42

EA-DADDY

King_Belichick

colin315

AzDbacker33

Ryodan5

toenail21

DiscoBoxer

Sky-Inferno-5

BWAmbassador

fun_with_acid

Hate Activision and not a fan of WaW, but will still likely give in and pick this up, and play it religiously. :thumbdown:

I don't want to, but I'll probably give in.

:lmao:

Think I'll wait for MW3. Or whatever Infinity Ward (or whatever the re-formed group calls themselves now) does next.

Think I'll wait for MW3. Or whatever Infinity Ward (or whatever the re-formed group calls themselves now) does next.

I think it's still IW, but last I read they were still looking to rebuild their staff after the legal mess in the spring. Sledgehammer is currently working on a new COD FPS, so they might be taking over on MW3.

My neighbor has told me it's a must...so I'm in on PS3. Never played any of the games in this series...hell, just got a PS3. Been a while since I've played...I'm sure the 8 year olds will be owning me for a while.

My neighbor has told me it's a must...so I'm in on PS3. Never played any of the games in this series...hell, just got a PS3. Been a while since I've played...I'm sure the 8 year olds will be owning me for a while.

Pretty sure you're not allowed to changer avatar pics after 5+ years.

Counting the days til it arrives. It's like Christmas. I even started playing MW2 again to get back into practice.

Pretty sure you're not allowed to changer avatar pics after 5+ years.
:shrug:

Love the game, can not wait.

However I wish they would penalize idiots for dying 15,20 times instead of letting them level up cause they killed 5 people!

Idiots.

I think it's still IW, but last I read they were still looking to rebuild their staff after the legal mess in the spring. Sledgehammer is currently working on a new COD FPS, so they might be taking over on MW3.
The founders of Infinity Ward started a new development company called "Respawn", taking a majority of their IW crew with them. They have stated they have a new IP in the works but are not ready to release details. When IW agreed to make MW2, their contract with Activision explicitly stated that IW owned all rights to developing any COD game set in the present or future. This will surely be a big point of contention in the legal proceedings with Activision, but that is the current state of the contract. And that is clearly why 'Black Ops" is set in the '60's. So unless the IW lose in court, the Modern Warfare series of COD is basically dead.

The founders of Infinity Ward started a new development company called "Respawn", taking a majority of their IW crew with them. They have stated they have a new IP in the works but are not ready to release details. When IW agreed to make MW2, their contract with Activision explicitly stated that IW owned all rights to developing any COD game set in the present or future. This will surely be a big point of contention in the legal proceedings with Activision, but that is the current state of the contract. And that is clearly why 'Black Ops" is set in the '60's. So unless the IW lose in court, the Modern Warfare series of COD is basically dead.
But if the founders started a new company, do they still own the legal entity "Infinity Ward"? If they don't own it, does Activision own it? If the contract is how you say it, as long as IW is not owned by the founders or an anti-Activision party, I don't see why we would never see the Modern Warfare series again.

ETA: found this in Wiki

"Infinity Ward, located in Encino, California, is a American video game developer founded in 2002 by 22 people made games including the project leaders who had worked on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. The company was acquired by Activision in October 2003 and consists of approximately 60 employees as of June 2010."

I'm definitely in, I have faith that Treyarch has brought the game back to a point it should be. Although Modern Warfare 2 was a fun game it was an abortion because of all the hackers and lack of updates brought on. I know Infinity Ward fell apart but their support on the game especially from community manager Robert Bowling was lackluster to say the least. Treyarch does listen to fans and has inputted a lot into the new game that people have asked for. I'm excited for no stopping power, no commando, no danger close and the like although I'm disappoint Last Stand is in the game but I think it won't be too bad. I wish you couldn't stack Marathon and Lightweight either but oh well, I'm sure we'll see loads of squeakers running around with those two and an SMG.

Love the game, can not wait.

However I wish they would penalize idiots for dying 15,20 times instead of letting them level up cause they killed 5 people!

Idiots.

Nothing personal, just remembered something from when you were new to MW2. You got much better since those first few days.

Madshot - Spanky, why are you always crouching every time I kill you?

Primetime - I've noticed the same thing Spanky.

Spanky - ........I'm being sneaky?

Madshot - :pictures Chris Farley in Beverly Hills Ninja:

Good times.

But if the founders started a new company, do they still own the legal entity "Infinity Ward"? If they don't own it, does Activision own it? If the contract is how you say it, as long as IW is not owned by the founders or an anti-Activision party, I don't see why we would never see the Modern Warfare series again.

ETA: found this in Wiki

"Infinity Ward, located in Encino, California, is a American video game developer founded in 2002 by 22 people made games including the project leaders who had worked on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. The company was acquired by Activision in October 2003 and consists of approximately 60 employees as of June 2010."

According to IW's counter-suit, he contract specifically gave control to the heads of IW (Jason West and Vince Zampella), not Infinity Ward the company.

The suit alleges Activision did not hold up its agreement publishing CEO Mike Griffith signed last March, known as a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), that gave West and Zampella "creative authority over the development of any games under the Modern Warfare brand (or any Call of Duty game set in the post-Vietnam era, the near future, or the distant future) including complete control over the Infinity Ward Studio" and says that no such game can be "commercially released without the written consent of West and Zampella."

This agreement, which still remains private, also gave West and Zampella the ability to operate Infinity Ward independently and the allowance to develop new intellectual property after the completion of Modern Warfare 2.

I've slacked off on pre-ordering this. Are there still any good pre-order deals to be had? I'd prefer to pick it up at a brick and mortar store since there's a good chance I'll be taking a vacation day on 11/9.

Stevie had to give up his girlfriend because he was on Black Ops for Kenny.

IN!for the Wii :goodposting:

Not sure if anyone else cares but does anyone know which features won't carry over to the Wii?

Not sure if anyone else cares but does anyone know which features won't carry over to the Wii?

The combat.

The combat.
If the Wii is your only console then I could see picking it up, but besides that it is a steep drop off in quality and fun between Wii and 360/PS3.

Amazon is offering black ops for $54.99 and .99 cents next day delivery.

The combat.
If the Wii is your only console then I could see picking it up, but besides that it is a steep drop off in quality and fun between Wii and 360/PS3.
It's not...but it's the only one that I'll have unlimited access to. My kid has a 360 but he bought it and it is in his room. I play MW on the Wii and like it. I know there is a drop off but for the most part I don't know any better, heh.

Amazon is offering black ops for $54.99 and .99 cents next day delivery.

It's kind of weird. I preordered through Amazon and the .99 cents is actually for "release date delivery" but it says it will ship on November 8 and take 3-5 business days. I don't know exactly what they're promising me here.

Why do people still pre-order? The last few games I have bought have been on the release day from a brick and mortar store.

Usually Toys R Us. I believe MW2 was $59.99 with a $25 gift card. I'll take that all day.

Why do people still pre-order? The last few games I have bought have been on the release day from a brick and mortar store.Usually Toys R Us. I believe MW2 was $59.99 with a $25 gift card. I'll take that all day.

I've never pre-ordered a game before last night. I have no idea if it's necessary or not, but I'd like to have Black Ops the day (night) it comes out and I know I will. I know what you mean though. When the Harry Potter books had their midnight releases at Barnes and Noble, the Walmart next door was a ghost town with pallet loads of the new arrivals all over the store, for a few bucks less, without the hassle of weeding through a sea of people in their latest wizarding gear.

Why do people still pre-order? The last few games I have bought have been on the release day from a brick and mortar store.Usually Toys R Us. I believe MW2 was $59.99 with a $25 gift card. I'll take that all day.

Why would I want something delivered to my door the day it's released when I could drive to a mall, find a place to park and then go deal with incompetent teenage workers to save the $.99 cent shipping fee?Mostly because I hate dealing with people.