What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desmond Bishop (1 Viewer)

With Levy never playing and the Boley debocle, I've picked him up.

I expect plenty of tackles just due to scheme. Don't know about big plays, though.

Bishop looked pretty good out there. Not the fastest player but he has good instincts and a good tackler. His sack was impressive. Starting him with confidence this week.

Just replace Barnett with Bishop in your projections. That's basically how I feel. I don't think the position really changed much. Barnett's production will now be Bishop's production. If anything I think Bischop could be a little higher because I think he's going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder. He's been one of the few NFL players that I constantly hear about wanting to get more playing time. Now he has his shot. It's put up or shut up time. I'm expecting top 20 production on a weekly basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Bishop still play on passing downs this week when Chillar returns, or will he be sent to the bench?
Still unclear to me. If Chillar holds up in practice this week and Hawk's groin injury is bad enough to limit his snaps or keep him out, the answer might be delayed at least another week.

Is Bishop playing in the nickel tonight?

Does Bishop still play on passing downs this week when Chillar returns, or will he be sent to the bench?
Still unclear to me. If Chillar holds up in practice this week and Hawk's groin injury is bad enough to limit his snaps or keep him out, the answer might be delayed at least another week.
Think I saw Chillar in there for a snap or two in the first quarter, but it's been mostly Bishop and Hawk. Worth noting that the Vikings are moving Harvin around a lot and not using a lot of two TE sets, so this may be a game plan to keep the two better run defenders there.We'll see how it develops.ETA: Last two spread formations had Bishop in there.

Bishop was in there late in the game when MIN was in full passing mode. Plus, to me it looked like he was all over the field and plays with a mean streak for sure. Passes the eyeball test in a big way for me, just hoping the coaches see it the same way.

Picking up this guy may have just won me back to back weeks.

He looks like he'll get a lot of action as long as Barnett is out. He didn't look very fast chasing Peterson & Harvin on a few plays, but he takes good angles and is aggresive to clean up guys while they fight for extra yards. His assists were legit yard saving hits last night.

i seen chillar in as well, but that may it is unclear if he was in for pass coverage or b/c the packers LB'ers are decimated to where he had to play. i know he spelled clay mathews on occasion as clay is still a bit gimpy. Chillar had some type of harness on so i'd be hard pressed to see him play significant snaps anytime soon.

Anyone know if Bishop has been in today? I'm watching RedZone and saw a play from the game and noticed Chillar was in with Bishop out, not sure what down it was, but they were in a 3-4 it looked like. I hope he wasn't suddenly benched without warning.

Edit: Looks like he's in, just coming out on 3rd downs for Chillar I'm guessing.

Is it Chillar or Bishop in the nickel? Or both?

Bonka said:
Anyone know if Bishop has been in today? I'm watching RedZone and saw a play from the game and noticed Chillar was in with Bishop out, not sure what down it was, but they were in a 3-4 it looked like. I hope he wasn't suddenly benched without warning.Edit: Looks like he's in, just coming out on 3rd downs for Chillar I'm guessing.

Bonka said:
Anyone know if Bishop has been in today? I'm watching RedZone and saw a play from the game and noticed Chillar was in with Bishop out, not sure what down it was, but they were in a 3-4 it looked like. I hope he wasn't suddenly benched without warning.Edit: Looks like he's in, just coming out on 3rd downs for Chillar I'm guessing.
I saw him come off the field once on a pass play, but that was the only one I was paying attention to.

I saw Chillar come in for Bishop early on and then Chillar got flagged for PI and then I saw Bishop in the nickel in the end. Is this right?

I saw him come off the field once on a pass play, but that was the only one I was paying attention to.

I saw Chillar come in for Bishop early on and then Chillar got flagged for PI and then I saw Bishop in the nickel in the end. Is this right?

They seemed to split, Chillar and Bishop, in the nickel. Chillar blitzed once when in there, and then the PI. But, they had rotated prior to that. Bishop looked good. He read Sanchez's eyes on one throw on a quick hitch to Keller and almost picked it off with a lot of grass in front of him. That was the PD he got. He's doing well, I am cautiously optimistic he can keep putting up good numbers..

How about moving forward? Does Chillar stick in the nickel or do they continue to rotate? I was under the presumption the only reason Bishop was playing in the nickel was due to Chillars PI. Thoughts?

Chillar in the most obvious passing situations, Bishop on others. Probably a 75-25 nickel split in Bishop's favor by my rough count so far.

Bishop has been a stud all season.
Uhhh, no. The only reason he's playing is Barnett got hurt and sent to IR. 4 tackles (special teams only) before week 5 doesn't make him a "stud all season". He's been a stud after Barnett went down, I'll admit that. Ride him this year for sure, but he's got David Hawthorne written all over him for next year's draft. Barnett's not going anywhere next year. Just like Tatupu at this time last year. But as I said, start Bishop for the rest of the season.

Uhhh, no. The only reason he's playing is Barnett got hurt and sent to IR. 4 tackles (special teams only) before week 5 doesn't make him a "stud all season". He's been a stud after Barnett went down, I'll admit that. Ride him this year for sure, but he's got David Hawthorne written all over him for next year's draft. Barnett's not going anywhere next year. Just like Tatupu at this time last year. But as I said, start Bishop for the rest of the season.
Barnett has been playing medicore for years (obviously his injury has something to do with it) and I suspect he kept the job primarily out of seniority. Bishop is a better player and would be surprised if the coaching staff doesn't already recognize that.As to what happens next season, you could speculate on just about every player - I wouldn't lose sleep over it. We saw Beason moving to the weak side killing his value; DJs value going up after DEN changed scheme; etc. For all we know, next season Bishop will take over Hawk's position (a player that GB already knows is very average) and dominate.

Uhhh, no. The only reason he's playing is Barnett got hurt and sent to IR. 4 tackles (special teams only) before week 5 doesn't make him a "stud all season".

He's been a stud after Barnett went down, I'll admit that.

Ride him this year for sure, but he's got David Hawthorne written all over him for next year's draft. Barnett's not going anywhere next year. Just like Tatupu at this time last year.

But as I said, start Bishop for the rest of the season.
Barnett has been playing medicore for years (obviously his injury has something to do with it) and I suspect he kept the job primarily out of seniority. Bishop is a better player and would be surprised if the coaching staff doesn't already recognize that.As to what happens next season, you could speculate on just about every player - I wouldn't lose sleep over it. We saw Beason moving to the weak side killing his value; DJs value going up after DEN changed scheme; etc. For all we know, next season Bishop will take over Hawk's position (a player that GB already knows is very average) and dominate.
I'll agree with the bolded sentence 100%. Barnett had name recognition and I've purposely avoided him every year. He just doesn't do anything spectacular. He's just another guy. Bishop has come in and taken the fantasy world by storm. He's been a top 5 LB'er since he took over the job. Bishop is the much better fantasy player compared to a healthy Barnett, but we all know that fantasy relevance doesn't always translate to NFL relevance. With that in mind, I fully expect Barnett to take over his starting spot at MLB. I can certainly see AJ Hawk leaving, but I'm not sure that Bishop is the right fit on the strong side. Maybe Barnett slides over and Bishop stays in the middle? Regardless, Bishop is at best a 2 down LB'er next year with Barnett back, so his value is very limited. Bishop is only worth something is if Barnett isn't back with the team.

With that in mind, I fully expect Barnett to take over his starting spot at MLB. I can certainly see AJ Hawk leaving, but I'm not sure that Bishop is the right fit on the strong side. Maybe Barnett slides over and Bishop stays in the middle? Regardless, Bishop is at best a 2 down LB'er next year with Barnett back, so his value is very limited. Bishop is only worth something is if Barnett isn't back with the team.
Um, there is no MLB in a 3-4. If it's Barnett and Bishop at ILB next year, I'd put my money on Bishop. Admittedly, the 2-down LB possibilities are a worry. But I'd hope sooner or later GB would realize their best ILB should stay on the field.

Thanks man, I mean I know how to find the majority of stats but I wasn't sure how to query something specific like the "linebacker with the most fantasy points since a particular week". I'll go check that site out.

So does Chillar going on IR make a Bishop an every down guy? Or do they just sub in someone else on nickel?

I am in a 2 LB, start 1 league and have Lawrence Timmons and David Hawthorne on my roster. Timmons production has slowed considerably while Hawthorne's production has increased. I like Desmond Bishop, especially with Chillas going on IR. Would any of you drop Timmons or Hawthorne for Bishop? And, if so, which one?

Scoring below:

1 pt per tackle

0.5 per assist

3 pts per sack

1.5 per 1/2 sack

3 pts forced fumble

1 pt per fumble recovery

1 pt per intercetion

WOW6616 said:
So does Chillar going on IR make a Bishop an every down guy? Or do they just sub in someone else on nickel?
There's no one else to consider. They're thin at OLB, ILB, safety and nickel corner. Bishop has arguably been their best underneath cover defender up the middle over the past two months anyway. I don't think there's anyway he comes off the field for the rest of the season.

WOW6616 said:
There's no one else to consider. They're thin at OLB, ILB, safety and nickel corner. Bishop has arguably been their best underneath cover defender up the middle over the past two months anyway. I don't think there's anyway he comes off the field for the rest of the season.
:coffee:

Kai said:
I am in a 2 LB, start 1 league and have Lawrence Timmons and David Hawthorne on my roster. Timmons production has slowed considerably while Hawthorne's production has increased. I like Desmond Bishop, especially with Chillas going on IR. Would any of you drop Timmons or Hawthorne for Bishop? And, if so, which one?Scoring below:1 pt per tackle 0.5 per assist3 pts per sack1.5 per 1/2 sack3 pts forced fumble1 pt per fumble recovery1 pt per intercetion
Bump ..... anyone?

Kai said:
I am in a 2 LB, start 1 league and have Lawrence Timmons and David Hawthorne on my roster. Timmons production has slowed considerably while Hawthorne's production has increased. I like Desmond Bishop, especially with Chillas going on IR. Would any of you drop Timmons or Hawthorne for Bishop? And, if so, which one?Scoring below:1 pt per tackle 0.5 per assist3 pts per sack1.5 per 1/2 sack3 pts forced fumble1 pt per fumble recovery1 pt per intercetion
I'd drop Hawthorne for Bishop. If I'm not mistaken, Hawthorne does NOT play in the nickel.

Kai said:
I'd drop Hawthorne for Bishop. If I'm not mistaken, Hawthorne does NOT play in the nickel.
Thanks .... just made the move. I see by your sig that you have the same 2 DB's as I do. Any chance Landry comes back this week. He has been gold most of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread