What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Cox (1 Viewer)

matrix9280

Footballguy
he actually sees peyton manning for what he truly is: a good quarterback who cannot win the big game.as shown last week.

he actually sees peyton manning for what he truly is: a good quarterback who cannot win the big game.as shown last week.
And this is news? Indy shouldn't be taken seriously until they can at least win a playoff game IMO.

And this is news? Indy shouldn't be taken seriously until they can at least win a playoff game IMO.
that'll be a while. the reason i said something is because brian cox finally had the guts to say something about it. unlike every single other football analyst out there.

Manning is a top 5 QB in the NFL. He could even be the best right now. :cool:
you're absolutely right. september through december he's great. when the games actually count he never seems to come through. even lollipopper's won a playoff game.

Manning may not have played very well in the playoffs, I will agree but I dont think it has to do with choking. Maybe the teams in the playoffs have just been better than his. Dont even say Lollipopper is better than Manning either or I will lose all respect. :cool:

that'll be a while. the reason i said something is because brian cox finally had the guts to say something about it. unlike every single other football analyst out there.
You have a point there. Reminds me of Warren Moon, great passing QB, incredible stats but get him in a must win game and he ranks up there with consistant big time losses. Marino as well but at least he got to a SB and it looks like Manning may be the current version. Looks like the golden rule in the NFL is this: If you are white, come from a football family, and is deemed " a smart player" (why I have no idea because he likes to audible EVERY play and likes to make funny hand gestures?), then you CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT HIM. Has he thrown for a lot of yards and TDs? Yes but that and no wins in the playoffs and a nickle will get you a cup of coffee. I will be very curious to see the odds on Indy this postseason (if they get in).I am sure many QBs would die to have the talent he has had who have done so much more with so much less.Edit: Speaking to the media...Win a freaking playoff game then talk about him as a top player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manning may not have played very well in the playoffs, I will agree but I dont think it has to do with choking. Maybe the teams in the playoffs have just been better than his. Dont even say Lollipopper is better than Manning either or I will lose all respect. :cool:
he's won a playoff game. manning hasn't. make all the excuses for him that you want. when he loses this postseason (if they make it season isn't over yet) i guess the defense still won't be good enough right?

Oh and don't forget all those great wins against Florida in college. :( If you play for TENN the BIG game you are judged on is Florida.

he's won a playoff game. manning hasn't. make all the excuses for him that you want. when he loses this postseason (if they make it season isn't over yet) i guess the defense still won't be good enough right?
Im not sure if there D is good enough to win a playoff game or not. Maybe not because there D still isnt very good. :cool:

Oh and don't forget all those great wins against Florida in college. :( If you play for TENN the BIG game you are judged on is Florida.
So what are you saying? Tennessee wasnt any good with Manning? :P

Manning is a top 5 QB in the NFL. He could even be the best right now. :cool:
In terms of stats and fantasy, sure. In terms of winning HUGE playoff games then no.Give me an average QB who can win playoff games over a QB who will throw three times as many yards then choke in the postseason any day of the week.

Tennessee was better when Manning left, or did you forget that? :) Go back and look if you don't believe me.

In terms of stats and fantasy, sure. In terms of winning HUGE playoff games then no.Give me an average QB who can win playoff games over a QB who will throw three times as many yards then choke in the postseason any day of the week.
Give him a Defense and he will win in the playoffs. :cool:

he was. i just think that it's very ironic that the year after he leaves tennessee that they finally win a national championship. coincidence? i think not.

Tennessee was better when Manning left, or did you forget that? :) Go back and look if you don't believe me.
They got better because alot of players went to Tennessee because of Manning getting them big time exposure. :cool:

Hmmmm. because he helped get alot of good recruits after he was there? Hmmmmm :cool:
Sure, keep telling yourself that! :thumbup: Don't get me wrong, he's a good QB but let's wait until he wins a playoff game because history has shown he hasn't been competitve in big games. Right?

They got better because alot of players went to Tennessee because of Manning getting them big time exposure. :cool:
Don't kid yourself Tee Martin was the Quartback they needed to take them all the way. That is what Tennessee needs again, someone that is mobile unlike the Iceman who could not run if is life depended on it. Hopefully his brother can do the trick.

Nope, that team has had excellent players for a LOONNNGGGGG time which predates the Manning years. Sorry but that doesn't fly, but looks good though. :thumbup:

Put a team around Manning and he will win a super bowl. Edge and Harrison are a start but they have never had an offensive or defensive line around Manning. The teams that are the toughest usually win in the playoffs. Colts have not had the toughness on there lines to win playoff football. :cool:

Put a team around Manning and he will win a super bowl. Edge and Harrison are a start but they have never had an offensive or defensive line around Manning. The teams that are the toughest usually win in the playoffs. Colts have not had the toughness on there lines to win playoff football. :cool:
What are you talking about? Had top teams in college and pros and did nothing with them.

Nevermind I figured that would go over your head. :cool:
Sarcasm, look it up. :wacko: Tons of talent before and after Manning so at least follow the scholl before you say that it was Manning who got Tenn their championship game. Geez.In fact, you could probably go back 15 years and find at least one first round pick from that school.

i think that if manning could win a huge game this week against the titans then maybe that would show me something. that way the colts should have a home playoff game. which manning'll probably lose.

i think that if manning could win a huge game this week against the titans then maybe that would show me something. that way the colts should have a home playoff game. which manning'll probably lose.
Be careful, I would wait until the day they can win a playoff game first.

Zippidy-freakin-do-da.Manning IS what Elway once WAS.Elway IS one of the best QBs in NFL history.Manning will eventually BE the same.That's my opinion, which is as meaningless as Brian Cox's of a player whose career is maybe half over.

This is a bad year for Manning chaces to win his 1st playoff game.The defense can be really bad at certain points, and the other teams in the AFC playoffs are VERY good. Ravens, Cincy, Chiefs, Pats, Titans, Denver, and Miami all are very strong.

I've always enjoyed his takes. He's certainly not afraid to say what's on his mind, and he's not wishy-washy like everybody else on ESPN. And he DOES get it. He's one of the few analysts out there with the ability to think outside the box.

this is the most ridiculous conversation. you can lable manning as a choke artist because he hasn't won a playoff game, but if you poll the coaches in the NFL there wouldn't be one of them that would pick him less than third as their QB if they had the choice. most would pick him first. and none of the guys ahead of him would have super bowl rings. but I suppose they don't know what their talking about.the fact is, you give manning all the opportunities he has had and he should have won a big game by now. however, his opportunities will continue to be there year in, year out, because he is too good of a player and he makes sure that he is ready for every game of every seaon.I just don't understand how you can bash a guy who at least twenty other teams would trade their starting QB, and a first round draft pick to get. hell, ten of them would throw in a running back, linebacker, the coach, the team trainer, and the waterboy to get him. and that ain't even stretching the truth.so have fun quoting me and dogging the golden boy. he may not be on the best team, but he is the best QB.

I like Cox, i might not always agree with his assessment of a person/team but i like how he says it. He isnt afraid to speak his mind. His isnt there to "suck up" and give reach-arounds to all the players like theisman/mcguire and the rest of them.

this is the most ridiculous conversation. you can lable manning as a choke artist because he hasn't won a playoff game, but if you poll the coaches in the NFL there wouldn't be one of them that would pick him less than third as their QB if they had the choice. most would pick him first. and none of the guys ahead of him would have super bowl rings. but I suppose they don't know what their talking about.the fact is, you give manning all the opportunities he has had and he should have won a big game by now. however, his opportunities will continue to be there year in, year out, because he is too good of a player and he makes sure that he is ready for every game of every seaon.I just don't understand how you can bash a guy who at least twenty other teams would trade their starting QB, and a first round draft pick to get. hell, ten of them would throw in a running back, linebacker, the coach, the team trainer, and the waterboy to get him. and that ain't even stretching the truth.so have fun quoting me and dogging the golden boy. he may not be on the best team, but he is the best QB.
it's not even the fact that he hasn't won a playoff game. that's bad enough.he hasn't played well in these playoff losses.i don't think he's even thrown a td pass in the playoffs. that's kind of the problem with manning. he should get you to the playoffs every year but the point is to get to the super bowl and win it and i'm not sure that he can do that.

Look, it's quite simple, until Manning wins ONE playoff game for crying out loud it's tought to say he is one of the greats. They haven't had the best defense but they have had home field advantage AND they have been favored in postseason games. It's not like every year they had to play on the road and were dogs.If you think stats in the regular season means he is great then fine, Manning ranks up there with Warren Moon.If you think what makes a great QB is someone who can change the game and you feel confident he will lead you down and win postseason games then Manning does not belong on this list, period.Can we bring back Jim Harbaugh? :yes:

Look, it's quite simple, until Manning wins ONE playoff game for crying out loud it's tought to say he is one of the greats. They haven't had the best defense but they have had home field advantage AND they have been favored in postseason games. It's not like every year they had to play on the road and were dogs.If you think stats in the regular season means he is great then fine, Manning ranks up there with Warren Moon.If you think what makes a great QB is someone who can change the game and you feel confident he will lead you down and win postseason games then Manning does not belong on this list, period.Can we bring back Jim Harbaugh? :yes:
Idiot allert. :cool:

Clever comeback and original! Isn't that code for "you're right but can't say so"? :yes:

I think RKade needs to start to actually watch some of the NFL games before he makes stupid comments on something he abviously knows nothing about (THE NFL) its stands for National Football League ok RKade? :cool:

the reason i said something is because brian cox finally had the guts to say something about it. unlike every single other football analyst out there.
Not sure if he qualifies as a "football analyst," but Bill Simmons (ESPN Page 2 columnist) has been saying this for years - usually in the context of fading Manning for gambling purposes in big games.

Very Sub Par.

I think RKade needs to start to actually watch some of the NFL games before he makes stupid comments on something he abviously knows nothing about (THE NFL) its stands for National Football League ok RKade? :cool:
Sure thing Mr. Manning. :lol: Come say hello when he gets bounced again from the postseason and tell me the reasons why he is still a top notch QB, ok slick? :thumbup:

Very Sub Par.
And that's a surprise???? :wacko:His next posting will be just as original "Wow! Wish I was in your league!"

Users who are viewing this thread