What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, WAS (2 Viewers)

If he lasts all game, his numbers ought to be very solid.  TB’s run game is pretty much dead as a doornail.  The risk is how short his leash is and can he do enough early on to keep Koetter from pulling him.  Given his performance in TB to date, I’m just not going to sit him again until he forces me to.
Playing him over Stafford again. I feel like I’m at a craps table. 

Yeah I only have him and Wilson. My opponent has a lot of firepower. I'm not feeling Wilson having a big game at Zona....
?

If Baldwin is back(even at less than 100%) I'm not sure that I would duck ARZ. Especially with a rookie QB potentially giving the SEA offense a short field a few times. Long term I'm a Rosen believer but he's been known to throw into small windows(and the windows in college were a lot bigger than the ones in the pros).

Hope you didn’t start the Fitz. 
Doesn't much matter who's under center, this Bucs DEF is laughably, epically bad. Every drive, whomever is the QB almost has to drive and score because the DEF can't stop anything. Not quite sure what difference Winston, or anybody else for that matter, would make, they're still losing a TD on almost every opposition drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that time Dirk Koetter gave the opposite of a motivational pre-game speech on a Friday before a road game?  

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. 

I feel like he gave the team a punch right in the gut.  And then sent them out on the field.    

Dirk Koetter’s an idiot

It’s your defense buddy.  They suck.

Not the way to work Winston in when you have a bye next week and Fitz almost pulled the comeback last week.
Yes, but to be fair he had to pull the comeback because he put them in the hole. 

Yes, but to be fair he had to pull the comeback because he put them in the hole. 
This isn’t about defending Fitz.  Fine Koetter can play Winston, I own him too.  But start the guy after a bye week not on the road against the best pash rush in the NFL or he might end up with a deflection incterception on his first series of the season or something like that ;)

Koetter just thought he had an excuse to make the swap so he did.  A good coach wouldn’t need an excuse, he’d just start his guy and the naysayers can go pound sound.

What a disgrace Koetter is oh man. Like Winston is going to make any difference to this pathetic defense. 
He’s the guy going forward like everybody who knows has been saying. Give him the reps in the blowout to get him ready for Atlanta. 

Diek doesn’t care about your fantasy team. Or defense. Or being a smart football coach. 

Well, I’d say the ride is over.

:lol:
It’s too bad.....because it was fun to watch. Again....hard not to root for guy like him. 

Now we get Crab Legs back in there with is bizarre personality. 

Yawn.

Th Fitzmagic story was great.....too bad to is probably over.

Need to get him reps since we all knew Fitz was just a temporary piece. It’s not like this game was competitive. 
I get it, he's the starter come what may pretty much. They were just looking for any excuse to make it happen. The way Fitz was benched just made it feel like they're putting the blame at his door when in reality, the defense is disgusting and the run game non-existent. I can see plenty of turnovers in Winston's future too trying to rescue games when they're down 4 scores.

I shoulda started Fitz. He still got me more than Tannehill. Picked him since he was ranked nicely over Wilson. Ah well....

Last edited by a moderator:
It was fun well it lasted.  As a fan Fitzmagic was awesome and he got a raw deal, but fantasy wise Luck decided to stop sucking today and Winston will have a nice schedule after the bye so if I pull today out no harm no foul.

Koetter hasn’t come across like a guy capable of leading a football team over the past 24 hours.  

That really sucked.  My worst fear happened.  I was going to pick up Eli but I ran out of time because I was working.  Ended up starting Fitz and finished with 4 points from him.  Not only that but I ended up having to start Chris Carson as well for a big goose egg.  Not a great week.

Rotoworld take:

The Bucs have announced Ryan Fitzpatrick as their Week 9 starter at quarterback.

"We’re just looking at this week," coach Dirk Koetter claimed. Considering the ramifications it has for Jameis Winston — his 2019 contract is guaranteed for injury only — that's hard to believe. Fitzpatrick, though uneven as usual, has been demonstrably better than Winston in OC Todd Monken's air raid. Stunningly, Fitzpatrick has cleared 400 yards in all three games he has played from start to finish this season. He will be in the QB1 mix against the Panthers.

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter 

Oct 29 - 2:44 PM

I had Winston and dropped him. Lucky to get Fitz back in waivers last night.

Right now for me it's between Fitz (@CAR), D. Carr (@SF), and M. Trubisky (@BUF).

The Carolina matchup is a bit worrisome. CAR feels like it's getting it together. Could see them just marching down the field taking 6 minutes off the clock at a time. No way TB D is remotely stopping that offense. See less upside than most.

Then again, don't see a ton of upside with Carr or Trubisky either. 

I had Winston and dropped him. Lucky to get Fitz back in waivers last night.

Right now for me it's between Fitz (@CAR), D. Carr (@SF), and M. Trubisky (@BUF).

The Carolina matchup is a bit worrisome. CAR feels like it's getting it together. Could see them just marching down the field taking 6 minutes off the clock at a time. No way TB D is remotely stopping that offense. See less upside than most.

Then again, don't see a ton of upside with Carr or Trubisky either. 
Car marches down and scores, eventually Ryan has to play catch up if they arent moving the ball well.

I like Mitch @Buff with Pryor as their QB lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 24-of-40 passes for 243 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions in the Bucs' 42-28, Week 9 loss to the Panthers.

In true Fitz fashion, he kept throwing touchdowns and attempting deep bombs but also tossed a pair of ghastly interceptions. The first was air mailed 10 feet over Mike Evans' head in the first half. The second was a fourth quarter arm punt. Fitz found each of O.J. Howard and Adam Humphries for a pair of scores. He completed just five total passes to Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson and Chris Godwin. Fitz was bad enough in the first half that coach Dirk Koetter was asked if he considered going to Jameis Winston. His response was a succinct "no." Fitz will be dealing with the keepaway Redskins in Week 10.

Nov 4 - 4:20 PM

so hard to trust him bc he could get pulled at any moment of any game.  Koetter ks a bonafide idiot.  but the upside is worth the risk.  

Need him for the next two bye week maelstroms. It would take injury or 4 INTs for him to lose the job at this point. He played well yesterday and the Bucs have millions of reasons to keep Winston on the pine. 

I'm running with no backup QB right now. Fitz or bust. Scaring the hell out of me.

Upcoming schedule looks ok. Washington can't be as bad as what they looked like yesterday. Two days ago everyone was saying the WASH D was elite. 

Playoff weeks issues: Week 15 @BAL, week 16 @DAL. Not good at all. Note to self: Abandon TB passing game for playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread