Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
pepwaves

Ryan Fitzpatrick

17 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

What's the logic again of TB pulling Fitz during any game?  Their season is lost and they don't want to pay Winston.  What am I missing?

I don't know that they'll pull him again during a game like Chicago.  My argument is that the $21M injury guarantee is not something they're (the Glazers) are worried about.  If they were he'd be inactive on game days.  As it is he's been the backup and if Fitz were injured in game he'd be playing.  They have Ryan Griffin on the roster as well, so if they were 100% sure they were moving on from Winston after this year Griffin would be active and backing up Fitz.

36 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

What's the logic again of TB pulling Fitz during any game?  Their season is lost and they don't want to pay Winston.  What am I missing?

Between the 2 of them, they've thrown 18 INTs in the last 7 games.  Maybe coaches keep swapping them out so that neither sets a record for turnovers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

I don't know that they'll pull him again during a game like Chicago.  My argument is that the $21M injury guarantee is not something they're (the Glazers) are worried about.  If they were he'd be inactive on game days.  As it is he's been the backup and if Fitz were injured in game he'd be playing.  They have Ryan Griffin on the roster as well, so if they were 100% sure they were moving on from Winston after this year Griffin would be active and backing up Fitz.

It'd be pretty remarkable if ownership were making gameday inactive decisions.  That's Jerry Jones level meddling.  At least he's the GM.

13 minutes ago, davearm said:

It'd be pretty remarkable if ownership were making gameday inactive decisions.  That's Jerry Jones level meddling.  At least he's the GM.

So you don't think if the owner had already made the decision to move on from Winston after this year they wouldn't tell the coaching staff to make him inactive to insure he doesn't get injured?

Just now, Grahamburn said:

So you don't think if the owner had already made the decision to move on from Winston after this year they wouldn't tell the coaching staff to make him inactive to insure he doesn't get injured?

To clarify, I didn't mean to imply you're wrong here.  Just making the point that what you're suggesting would be a pretty astonishing level of meddling. 

You've got the owner making a "move on" decision instead of the General Manager, Head Coach, and everyone else on the football operations side, and dictating gameday inactives based upon that.

But that may indeed happen. I surely can't say it won't.

2 minutes ago, davearm said:

To clarify, I didn't mean to imply you're wrong here.  Just making the point that what you're suggesting would be a pretty astonishing level of meddling. 

You've got the owner making a "move on" decision instead of the General Manager, Head Coach, and everyone else on the football operations side, and dictating gameday inactives based upon that.

But that may indeed happen. I surely can't say it won't.

My point is simply that anyone counting on Fitz to remain the starter for the rest of the season for fantasy purposes shouldn't be.  He is on a short leash.  As is Koetter.

4 minutes ago, Sarlakticacid said:

Where he had played well for the Jets?

For what, like a half hour?

4 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

Likely a disastrous meltdown in the cold/wind of the Meadowlands. 

Fitz might be inconsistent and may melt down, but I don't think the cold has any bearing on things.  He played most of his college and nfl career in cold cities.

13 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Fitz might be inconsistent and may melt down, but I don't think the cold has any bearing on things.  He played most of his college and nfl career in cold cities.

The entire team is an implosion waiting to happen.

8 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

The entire team is an implosion waiting to happen.

Likely.

Or he suddenly randomly goes off again and he's on your bench. 

31 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Hard to trust this guy but I'm forced to.  FBG still has him top 5 for the week.  Arg.

Yup, Dodds and Temblay have Fitz ranked highly. 

Well that clears nothing up.  If there was anyone out there to consider I might make a change for my backup QB.  Gotta admit it makes me nervous having to rely on Fitz in a playoff game.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, Deamon said:

and he's been a disaster 65% of the time.

2 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

12 turnovers in less than 5 games. Pick up Winston if you can.

Winston can do that in less than 3 games! 

• Like 2

Amazing how Fitzpatrick can play so far on opposite ends of the spectrum.  I'd be really upset but Roethlisberger has done just as bad.  Crappy day for me, it happens.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:48 PM, Synthesizer said:

Between the 2 of them, they've thrown 18 INTs in the last 7 games.  Maybe coaches keep swapping them out so that neither sets a record for turnovers.

22 INTs in the last 8 games.  Just keep swapping them out so that neither ends up with a 40 INT season on their resume.

What’s the plan here? He will hit fitzmagic for a 5 game stretch and will cost the Dolphins‘ draft spots while they are looking for a longterm solution at QB. 

42 minutes ago, Acrobat7 said:

What’s the plan here? He will hit fitzmagic for a 5 game stretch and will cost the Dolphins‘ draft spots while they are looking for a longterm solution at QB. 

They have no o-line and below average skill players so I doubt Fitzmagic is going to happen.

13 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

They have no o-line and below average skill players so I doubt Fitzmagic is going to happen.

It ALWAYS happens. 

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald feels Ryan Fitzpatrick has outperformed Josh Rosen through the early portion of OTAs.

Fitzpatrick has been a tad sharper in the early going, though Jackson concedes that Rosen has "also played well." New coach Brian Flores insists the starting job is up for grabs, though it would ultimately be a shock if Rosen, the tenth overall pick in last year's draft, wasn't under center for Week 1.

RELATED: 

Josh Rosen

SOURCE: Miami Herald

May 24, 2019, 3:10 PM ET