What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You're down by 15 with 7:00 minutes left in the game (1 Viewer)

Do you go for 2?

• 100% -- obviously go for 2

Votes: 73 24.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 18 5.9%
  • Unsure/Other

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Probably not

Votes: 50 16.4%
  • 100% -- definitely don't go for 2

Votes: 157 51.6%

• Total voters
7:00 to go. Not 20:00 to go.
:goodposting: Was a silly bump
My post (or bump as you call it) was about Chase. Did I say they should have gone for 2?
Not following. Has Chase commented in the past about whether a team should go for 2 with 20:00 remaining?
Not surprising
Go back to being a terrible poster in CFB threads. TIA. :bye:
Go learn how to read?

My post (or bump as you call it) was about Chase. Did I say they should have gone for 2?
Not following. Has Chase commented in the past about whether a team should go for 2 with 20:00 remaining?
Not surprising
:goodposting:
Hey, it's the Big 12 is going to steal everyone they want from the ACC guy. :lmao:

Pretty sure the original comment was regarding Chase on Twitter, as he was calling for the conversion attempt back in the 3rd quarter.

Not surprising
:goodposting:
Hey, it's the Big 12 is going to steal everyone they want from the ACC guy. :lmao:
Not sure why anyone would want to leave the ACC, given it's tremendous college football success over the past 20 years. :shrug:

Lol at the announcers on CBS.

Edit: To clear up the ambiguity, San Diego was down 15 with ~10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and scored a TD. Announcers point out that "the book" says you should go for 2, but basically say that's really stupid, that the "book" is wrong, and that 32 out of 32 NFL coaches will kick the PAT there. SD, of course, kick the PAT, which pleases the announcers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there ANY doubt what's coming now?

The Chargers use all 6 minutes, score a TD, then Rivers gets sacked on the 2-point conversion.

Lol at the announcers on CBS.

Edit: To clear up the ambiguity, San Diego was down 15 with ~10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and scored a TD. Announcers point out that "the book" says you should go for 2, but basically say that's really stupid, that the "book" is wrong, and that 32 out of 32 NFL coaches will kick the PAT there. SD, of course, kick the PAT, which pleases the announcers.
No kidding. I was :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Every time the announcers talk about this, they always mention how bad it would be if the missed the conversion if they go for it first, but never how bad it would be if they missed it last.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that "the book" said that San Diego should go for 2 at that point - at least somewhere, someone knows what they're doing. Of course, the announcers mentioned that and then quickly blathered on about how it would be stupid to follow the book, and that you have to kick the PAT there. So dumb.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that "the book" said that San Diego should go for 2 at that point - at least somewhere, someone knows what they're doing. Of course, the announcers mentioned that and then quickly blathered on about how it would be stupid to follow the book, and that you have to kick the PAT there. So dumb.
I like when they turn to the mental argument since the math is undeniable. "Your opponent will play differently." Isnt that actually a good thing? Playing to protect the lead is exactly what costs so many teams games.

Related question: Same situation, except you're down 14 instead of 15. If you score a TD, do you go for one or two?

Users who are viewing this thread