What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

tie breaker question (1 Viewer)

fsufan

Footballguy
what if the top 4 teams end up with the same record, 7-4. will these 4 teams be the 4 playoff teams?

Not necessarily. If a lower team has a higher point total, they will get in as seed 2 or 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily. If a lower team has a higher point total, they will get in as seed 2 or 4
that is what I was thinking per league rules. did not notice this when I signed up. looks like 4 teams will be 7-4 with me in 4th place. not sure if i will make the playoffs due to the crazy playoff rules. will suck to have a team that is 5-6 or 4-7 beat me out of the playoffs due to the BS rule

:yawn:

If it was the other way around, it would suck to put up the most points in the league and not make the playoffs because another team played all cupcakes.

I don't have a problem with the 2 spots for record and 2 spots for points.

:yawn:If it was the other way around, it would suck to put up the most points in the league and not make the playoffs because another team played all cupcakes.I don't have a problem with the 2 spots for record and 2 spots for points.
But all teams play each other once, 11 regular season games. With this scheduling format wins and loses/head to head should come before total points for making the playoffs. this is a H2H league not toal points league

At the conclusion of Week 11, four teams in each league will advance to a two-week head-to-head League Playoff in Weeks 12 & 13 and will play for league prizes and one berth to the Championship Round.

These four teams will be:

# Seed 1 - the team with the best regular season record

# Seed 2 - the remaining team with the highest point total during the regular season

# Seed 3 - the remaining team with the best regular season record

# Seed 4 - the remaining team with the highest point total during the regular season

These teams will be assigned as Seed 1, Seed 2, Seed 3 and Seed 4.

If there is a tie between two or more teams for best win/loss record or total regular season points at the conclusion of the regular season, the following tiebreakers will be used in order from 1 to 4 to determine playoff participants:

1. Total points during the regular season

2. Head-to-head win/loss record

3. Total starting QB points Week 1 through Week 11

4. Coin toss

:lmao:If it was the other way around, it would suck to put up the most points in the league and not make the playoffs because another team played all cupcakes.I don't have a problem with the 2 spots for record and 2 spots for points.
But all teams play each other once, 11 regular season games. With this scheduling format wins and loses/head to head should come before total points for making the playoffs. this is a H2H league not toal points league
This is not a H2H league. The format rewards both, teams which finish with best H2H and Total Points, with points being the tiebreaker.

Alex - FFPC said:
fsufan said:
TheChairman said:
:thumbdown:If it was the other way around, it would suck to put up the most points in the league and not make the playoffs because another team played all cupcakes.I don't have a problem with the 2 spots for record and 2 spots for points.
This is not a H2H league. The format rewards both, teams which finish with best H2H and Total Points, with points being the tiebreaker.
my fault for not reading all rules. will not be back next year.

that is what I was thinking per league rules. did not notice this when I signed up. looks like 4 teams will be 7-4 with me in 4th place. not sure if i will make the playoffs due to the crazy playoff rules. will suck to have a team that is 5-6 or 4-7 beat me out of the playoffs due to the BS rule
Yea I'm out the same way I will be 7-4 in 4th place but team that is in 7th with 6-5 record has 2nd most points so he is in.Not complaining though knew the rules when I signed up.Plus it still comes down to winning games the team in 3rd that makes the playoffs beat me by 1 .34 points 2 weeks ago if I had started Eli instead of Brady that week I would be in,but you know what they say If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt.I really enjoyed contest and I will be back next year :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread