Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wiscstlatlmia

Bill Belichick

Anyone hear his presser a little while ago? This guy is such a jerkoff. The reporters are just trying to do their jobs, and the answer to every question was:

"We're on to Cincinnati."

:rolleyes:

It's not like this is a new thing. What does BB care about the reporters? Why should he have to care about them?

Because I said it was a new thing.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were 7. My bad.

If I were 7, I'd use phrases like "my bad."

Instead you use animated smiley faces. Got it.

Anyone hear his presser a little while ago? This guy is such a jerkoff. The reporters are just trying to do their jobs, and the answer to every question was:

I'm sure you would hate it if the Raiders hired him

Pass.

What has he won since his team got reprimanded for filming opponents?

a ####### ####-ton of football games

other than that, I wouldn't know

Do they give a "Winning a ####### ####-ton of football games" trophy now?

Pass.

Not counting the playoffs, since the beginning of 2007:

Patriots 90-26

Raiders 38-78

Or, in other words, about 9 more games a season than the Raiders.

Pass.

Not counting the playoffs, since the beginning of 2007:

Patriots 90-26

Raiders 38-78

Or, in other words, about 9 more games a season than the Raiders.

And surely several more Lombardi trophies, right?

Wake up, Pats fans.

ZERO titles since the team got caught cheating.

Brady is finished.

The last TAINTED championship was TEN YEARS AGO!!!

There was a moment in the post-game press conference that gave me a good chuckle. Belichick had been giving the same answer to a lot of the questions, as normal. Someone asked him another question, couldn't hear what it was. Belichick took a long pause and looked very thoughtful like he was giving it some serious thought for a few moments.

And then repeated the same answer he'd given to the previous question.

C'mon, RN, you can't be this obtuse. I probably dislike the guy as much as you do, but despite being a major dick, the guy is a great football coach.

And now you've got me sticking up for Bill Belichick. I feel like vomiting. Well played, RN. Well played. :lol: :lol:

C'mon, RN, you can't be this obtuse. I probably dislike the guy as much as you do, but despite being a major dick, the guy is a great football coach.

And now you've got me sticking up for Bill Belichick. I feel like vomiting. Well played, RN. Well played. :lol: :lol:

I would probably take him as our defensive coordinator, as long as he gets to bring his camera crew along.

how do you get back on track after the kind of adversity you haven't had to deal with in the past?

you mentioned tom's age at the draft -------

you think having a 37 yr old -----

do you feel like the talent you have here is good enough?

do you think you've done enough to help tom brady?

"We're getting ready for Cincinnati."

so, as you get ready for cincinnati, does tom brady have the talent and protection around him to go on to cincinnati?

:wub: I ####### love belichick stoning those douches so much --- I'll be so sad when he's gone

• Like 1

There was a moment in the post-game press conference that gave me a good chuckle. Belichick had been giving the same answer to a lot of the questions, as normal. Someone asked him another question, couldn't hear what it was. Belichick took a long pause and looked very thoughtful like he was giving it some serious thought for a few moments.

See, this is why I think it's funny when he does that shtick. He is clearly trolling the media, and given how little I think of the majority of reporters in general, I just find it funny.

I would probably take him as our defensive coordinator, as long as he gets to bring his camera crew along.

:hifive:

how do you get back on track after the kind of adversity you haven't had to deal with in the past?

so, as you get ready for cincinnati, does tom brady have the talent and protection around him to go on to cincinnati?

:wub: I ####### love belichick stoning those douches so much --- I'll be so sad when he's gone

http://deadspin.com/bill-belichick-really-just-wants-to-talk-about-cincinna-1641294358?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

If I didn't love Pop mastering the same act so much I'd probably hate BB, but I just can't do it. Nor can I blame him.

Pass.

not so sure about another trophy --- think it's more like a jacket.

Pass.

not so sure about another trophy --- think it's more like a jacket.

They definitely need to cut the sleeves off his jacket when his time comes.

Got me too.

Guest General Tso

20 years from now no one will remember Spygate will only remember the Super Bowl wins.

Nope. Because someone who knows what was on the tapes and exactly how they were used will eventually spill.
Nonsense. Please, do yourself a favor and spend two hours reading up on it. The only people who believe in these ridiculous conspiracy theories are uninformed. Unfortunately, there are a lot of these people out there, and the Patriots and Belicheck have made the piss poor decision not to wage a public relations campaign to correct all the misinformation.

20 years from now no one will remember Spygate will only remember the Super Bowl wins.

Nope. Because someone who knows what was on the tapes and exactly how they were used will eventually spill.
Nonsense. Please, do yourself a favor and spend two hours reading up on it. The only people who believe in these ridiculous conspiracy theories are uninformed. Unfortunately, there are a lot of these people out there, and the Patriots and Belicheck have made the piss poor decision not to wage a public relations campaign to correct all the misinformation.

To put it bluntly, no one cares what a million idiots believe until its election time.

• Like 1

Guest General Tso

To put it bluntly, no one cares what a million idiots believe until its election time.
That's actually a brilliant quote. Can't believe I never heard it before.

As a defensive coordinator, assistant coach, and head coach, since 1985 (29 seasons plus 4 games), the teams he was a coach for:

- 306-161 regular season record (.655)

- Made the playoffs 18 times

- 28-13 post season record (.683)

- 12 Conference Championship game appearances

- 8 Super Bowl appearances

- 5 Super Bowl wins

Guest General Tso

As a defensive coordinator, assistant coach, and head coach, since 1985 (29 seasons plus 4 games), the teams he was a coach for:

- 5 Super Bowl wins

Holy ####. I don't think I have ever seen his résumé laid out like that. If the guy wasn't such a miserable ##### he'd be talked about as the greatest coach in history. I mean really - a .683 winning percentage in the playoffs? Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Cue the stupid video tape allegations...

After an investigation, the NFL fined Patriots head coach Bill Belichick $500,000 (the maximum allowed by the league and the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 87-year history) for his role in the incident, fined the Patriots $250,000, and docked the team their original first-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft which would have been the 31st pick of the draft.

That punishment seems unfair for allegations.

- 5 Super Bowl wins

Holy ####. I don't think I have ever seen his résumé laid out like that. If the guy wasn't such a miserable ##### he'd be talked about as the greatest coach in history. I mean really - a .683 winning percentage in the playoffs? Pretty amazing when you think about it.

maybe you've just been out of the loop on those convos

- 5 Super Bowl wins

maybe you've just been out of the loop on those convos

:goodposting:

RN you are one of the manlier posters around here. I'm a little surprised you don't appreciate BB's #### off schtick to the press.

And the spygate argument is a little weak don't you think? Pretty sure every team had their own shenanigans going on, the Patriots were just the only ones who got caught. Even though they haven't won a Superbowl since, they have played in two, which is more than we can say for about 29 other teams, right?

Edited by chauncey

RN you are one of the manlier posters around here. I'm a little surprised you don't appreciate BB's #### off schtick to the press.

It's not shtick, though. He's had a lot of practice at being a jerk.

A few of my friends are newspaper/radio guys, and I just feel bad for them. They are trying to feed their families by reporting intriguing things about the team, and this guy - who is living a charmed, blessed life - cannot give them five minutes of thoughtful answers? Give me a break. Even if he just said some things without saying anything, that's far less insulting than saying "We're on to Cincinnati" ten times in a row.

Every other coach in the league is cordial and accommodating to the media. Every one of them. Even the grumpier guys like Fisher, McCarthy, Coughlin and Jim Harbaugh graciously fulfill their media obligations, because they realize the reporters have a job to do and that it's good for the game. So why is it okay for this ONE guy to be such a nozzle? Baffling.

A few of my friends are newspaper/radio guys, and I just feel bad for them. They are trying to feed their families by reporting intriguing things about the team, and this guy - who is living a charmed, blessed life - cannot give them five minutes of thoughtful answers? Give me a break. Even if he just said some things without saying anything, that's far less insulting than saying "We're on to Cincinnati" ten times in a row.

Thought you said you were getting some better bait

Boohoo for the reporters, it is their job to MAKE HEADLINES and stir up controversy; they don't give 2 craps about anything but themselves. Feed their families......

It is BBs job to win football games and that's all most NE fans care about.

I think I read a stat stating something like BB has not drafted an offensive lineman (or maybe just one) in the first 3-4 rounds in the last 3 years? Is that right?

Boohoo for the reporters, it is their job to MAKE HEADLINES and stir up controversy; they don't give 2 craps about anything but themselves. Feed their families......

It is BBs job to win football games and that's all most NE fans care about.

Plus if he didn't you couldn't get great parodies like:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/02/toucher-rich-parody-song-were-on-to-cincinnati/

Edited by laniquity

He's kind of an idiot savant. Instead of being able to count the spilled matchsticks in point eight seconds, he can coach football.

• Like 1

I think I read a stat stating something like BB has not drafted an offensive lineman (or maybe just one) in the first 3-4 rounds in the last 3 years? Is that right?

Solder (2011 Rd 1) and Stork (2014 Rd 4)

Dial down the drama, guy. Your "friends" aren't going to get fired because the person they are assigned to cover is boring. It's ok to hate BB irrationally - everyone has one of those - but this current line of reasoning is pretty lame.

your friends with Joe Rocco?

Solder (2011 Rd 1) and Stork (2014 Rd 4)

But besides those

In regards to Bill Belichick, if we can talk about him for a moment, I think we should give consideration to the idea that maybe the fire is just starting to die down.

When you have been doing something for a long, long time...even when you are great at it, it's hard to maintain that sense of urgency and that drive.

I know there are exceptions and I know several people might say "no, its different. That's what makes these guys great and the way they are" but when I watch Belichick, even from just 3-4 years ago, it seemed like he was non-stop intensity and coaching groups after series and just "in to it". Now his body language looks much more "Tom Coughlin-ish", like he wants to throw a clip board on the ground but because its a tablet and not a clipboard these days, he just...doesn't.

He's been there a long time with a very stable core group and surroundings and I think it is just going stale. What else can they do?

DIdnt we talk about how they were all done last year for a while?

Even if they manage to win their terrible division, so what? The other teams in the playoffs would literally have to not show up for them to advance.

• Like 1

DIdnt we talk about how they were all done last year for a while?

Even if they manage to win their terrible division, so what? The other teams in the playoffs would literally have to not show up for them to advance.

Seeyah in December.

Pats Oline was almost as bad last year and we had just Julian until week 6. Still got that first round bye then crushed the Colts.

Gronk is getting there, Vereen is healthy, defense is much improved. Any kind of traction at all and this team will be back in the top 2 for the conference.

a lot's always been made of belichick's somewhat terse replies to the nat'l media's nonsense questions, but if you want to get him talking he can get pretty chatty

To sum up Mr. Chatty:

"I watched the tape, some was good, some was bad, we have to do better, we missed opportunities, not singling out anyone."

“I saw [the game] in a lot more detail,” he said. “I had a real good chance to look to every play real closely, watch every player and watch what Miami’s doing and how it matched up. It’s a lot better looking at it than it is on the sideline.

“There were some good things, there were some positive things, there were obviously a lot things we need to work on. It’s a combination of that, it’s what it usually is. We had some opportunities and we didn’t take advantage of them. We need to coach better, we play better, need to do everything better. All three phases of the game.”

“I felt like the whole fourth quarter we had good opportunities there,” the coach added. “We had a couple of big defensive series where we forced three-and-outs, we had the ball in good field position, we had a penalty on offensive pass interference that kind knocked us out of scoring range. We punted back to them inside the 20-yard line. We had a roughing the passer penalty. Then they converted three third downs, the last one being third-and-goal on the 4. We had a chance for a stop there.”

“Based on where we were, I think it was the right thing to do,” Belichick said. “We did what we thought was best, I don’t think it was a problem. Those guys have played together plenty through the course of preseason and practice. I don’t think that’s the issue. We just have to do better.

“I don’t think it’s singled out to any group. The quarterbacks, the running backs, the receivers, the tight ends, the offensive lines. We all need to play better. Coaches, we need to do a better job. I think we have issues everywhere.”

Part of the secret to having an actual conversation with BB is discussing the game as a whole or football history. I have seen/heard interviews with him where he outright rambled about top players at certain spots, how the game has changed from the time with the Giants vs. the current game as HC as the Pats, how special teams have changed over the years, etc. Really interesting stuff. But day to day stuff on current player status, why they lost, what changes they will make, etc. is a complete waste of time.

Albert Breer - NFL Network, Reporter
Tom Rinaldi asked Urban Meyer who the best coach in any sport is. Meyer: "Oh, it's Bill Belichick. I don't think it's even close."
  • Like 1

Sucks about that one team he's got a losing record against. At least they weren't important games.

Saints were 5 seconds and a non-holding call from being 2-2. [:ducks:]